team (tēm)

noun

A group organized to work together.

ploeg squadra équipe lparelha צמד equipo förspänt fordon συνεργείο yunta
ينتظم في فريق‏ удача spann עגלה бригада

Federation Cup

iv) Fed Cup

a) Team Nomination Rules

1. Fed Cup will occur during designated points throughout the year, as indicated by the ITF and WTA Tours.

2. In order to form a team, a minimum of 2 players up to a maximum of 5, will be required. Note, a country can only be represented once, therefore there can not be Australia #1 and Australia #2. However, if you are not selected but wish to participate, you may (for the enitre year) respresent an alternate nation. A Fed Cup player, can only represent one nation each year.

3. The player ranked highest in the Suicide Tennis rankings, will be deemed captain, and be required to select his teammates. It is recommended that you completely fill your roster, though it is your decision.

b) Game Play Rules

1. As a team, you must decide who you believe will be the winning country for each round of World Group action. If the country you have chosen wins the tie, you qualify for the following round. If the country you chose loses, you will be eliminated.

b) Note, only the Team Captain is allowed to post the team's prediction.

2. However, in true Suicide Tennis style, you are not allowed to choose that same country again for the remainder that your team is in contention. As well, to ensure suspence for later rounds, all picks must be PMed to 416_Man. The picks will be revealed following the final, or when a team has dropped out of the competition.

For Example:

In the first round of 2006 Fed Cup, these are the following matches:

Italy v. Zimbabwe
Croatia v. France
Indonesia v. Switzerland
United States of America v. Venezuela

Team Australia chooses Croatia as their pick. Team Canada chooses Venezuela as their pick. Team Romania chooses France as their pick.

The Results:

France def. Croatia
United States of America def. Venezuela

As a result, Team Australia's pick of Croatia is incorrect, because they did not win their tie. Team Canada's pick of Venezuela is also incorrect, because they too, did not win their tie. Both incorrect picks, disqualify them from the Fed Cup. However, Team Romania's selection of France is correct, and thus, they qualify for the next round of Fed Cup. However, Team Romania, is not allowed to choose France (as their pick), for the remainder of the Fed Cup tournament.

3. a) In the case of a tie during the final round of competition, each team's country's lost matches are totalled, and the team with fewer lost matches by their country wins.

For Example:

Team Australia and Team Denmark are the last teams remaining in Suicide Fed Cup. After the final they remain tied. However, all of Team Australia's lost matches by the country's they had chosen in each round totals 5 (Italy def. Zimbabwe 4-1, France def. Italy 3-2, and United States def. France 3-2) . On the other hand, Team Denmark's lost matches by the country's that had selected in each round totals 6. Therefore, Team Australia are deemed winners of the Fed Cup.

b) If there is still a tie, the number of lost sets by the country chosen in each round are totalled.

c) If a tie remains, the team who stated their prediction earlier in the final round, will be deemed the winners of Fed Cup.

In this thread, you may:

1. Confirm your team roster.
2. Drop out of play or discuss your interest in playing.

1. The captain, and only him, will confirm his roster for the Federation Cup 2006. The confirmation is due by July 13, 2006 at 12:00 AM EST.

2. The captain can not be replaced, throughout the entire Fed Cup competition. He will remain in that position not matter his ranking, hereafter. Some exceptions will apply.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread. Thanks again for being an active member of Suicide Tennis!

416_Man
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Captain Contact List

(1) Team France
Ceze (C)
Bubba08

ADVANCED

(2) Team USA
Davenselesport (C)
jenks10s
NyCPsU
selyoink
Jamie Saeng-Wa

ADVANCED

(3) Team Great Britain
Gavnich77 (C)
champion88
timray

ADVANCED

Team China
adachi (C)

OUT

Team Croatia
Chris 84 (C)
JERRAJ

ADVANCED

Team Switzerland
Nicjac (C)
LefandePatty
Philip

ADVANCED

Team Italy
smokovec (C)
DoctorG
mat87to

ADVANCED

Davenselesport
Jul 13th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Do they know to come in here and pick teams?

Davenselesport
Jul 13th, 2006, 03:29 AM
MY TEAM:
jenks10s
NyCPsU
selyoink
Jamie Saeng-Wa

All new members for USA

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 13th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Any team Canada?

Taz Warrior
Jul 13th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Who wants to play for GBR?

Nicjac
Jul 13th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Hi Jesse

I contacted my previous team, but I am not sure if they can get back to me before 12 am today (school and other crap). Could we have an extension please for confirming the Swiss team until 6 pm Swiss time?

champion88
Jul 13th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I sign up to Team GBR again :)

416_Man
Jul 13th, 2006, 03:59 PM
It's for midnight tonite ;) but really if you can just post it and tell me your pick before the matches start, that would be great. And don't even worry about asking the team just post a team line up, if you want it can be the same as before, but just tell me your pick! :D

Ceze
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I'm waiting for Bubba08's confirmation to complete French team. But of course, everyone else is welcome :wavey:

Nicjac
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:55 PM
It's for midnight tonite ;) but really if you can just post it and tell me your pick before the matches start, that would be great. And don't even worry about asking the team just post a team line up, if you want it can be the same as before, but just tell me your pick! :D

Haven't heard anything yet from the team and will leave for a big outdoor concert soon - maybe they are there, too, :scratch: - but this is the (preliminary) team roster for Switzerland:

Nicjac
LefandePatty
Philip

And we'll post our pick before midnight tomorrow.

If anyone wants to join us, you are certainly welcome.

smokovec
Jul 13th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Sorry for the delay, Italy Teams confirm:

Smokovec (c)
DoctorG
mat87to

Chris 84
Jul 13th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Croatian Team

Chris 84
JERRAJ

Ceze
Jul 13th, 2006, 07:23 PM
French team:

Ceze
Bubba08
:wavey:

Taz Warrior
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:38 AM
GBR Team:
Gavnich77
champion88
timray

Davenselesport
Jul 16th, 2006, 02:51 PM
USA is into the Finals :)

Taz Warrior
Jul 16th, 2006, 06:35 PM
USA is into the Finals :)
So is GBR :)

Chris 84
Jul 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
And so is Hrvatska :angel:

Nicjac
Jul 17th, 2006, 08:35 AM
And Switzerland :D

wubenzhimu
Aug 31st, 2006, 03:44 AM
oh,sorry,adachi,
i foggot to commit again. :sad:

Nicjac
Sep 13th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Are we playing the finals this weekend?

Ceze
Sep 15th, 2006, 12:08 AM
would be great :bounce:

Taz Warrior
Sep 15th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Hope so too, although I guess none of us has to anything as our choices will be automatic.

Nicjac
Sep 15th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Team Switzerland:

Nicjac
Philip
LefandePatty (in memoriam)

We got one pick left. I pm'd it to Jesse.

ChabChab
Oct 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Can I start with Belgium? Because, there is no Belgium! What a Shame!! Anyway, I want to play for Belgium!