Tetrault
Fichman
El Tabyk
Drake
Shulaeva
O'Neill

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 11th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I think the only surprise we could see is Valérie getting it instead of Mara. I pesonnally think Mara still deserves it.

As for qualies, it is always tough cause it happened to often that some players got in by their own ranking. I think Val, Mo and maybe Heidy could get in by themselves.

416_Man
Jul 12th, 2006, 02:40 AM
I think Brenda Schultz might get one too. This is one of her few summer hardcourts she entered and she's popular in Quebec City. Why not a qualy WC?

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:34 AM
The tourney isn't in Quebec City ;) And she might even get in by herself. Who knows.

myxomatosis
Jul 13th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I hope Fichman gets a qualie WC :bounce:

ZAK
Jul 31st, 2006, 01:29 AM
A lot of playes will be getting into qualies on their own rank. Players ranked around 1000 got in directly to the San Diego qualifying draw

Drake1980
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
I hope Maureen will be here!!

rated_next
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Wildcards this year are:

Main Draw:
Wozniak
Dubois
Pelletier

Qualifying:
Tetreault
Fichman
Shulaeva
O'Neill

Tetreault should've gotten MD over Pelletier and El Tabakh over O'Neill

rated_next
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:12 AM
oh, Jillian's mother told me the wildcards :)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Pffft, I had the scoop about Mara and didn't want to post them here!

BTW, Val didn't seem that disappointed about it and says it was just a way to get pumped and proove she can still get in there. Perfect attitude :D

I feel Heidy and Val will get in by themselves anyways. i guess that was the idea for putting Jillian instead of Heidy.

Did you talk to Jill herself? Such a good kid :D

416_Man
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Great, we'll get to see Pelletier get an ass-raping in RD 1. It's not even if she deserves it or not, she CAN'T handle this level of tennis. She's been struggling winning matches in 25ks, and they suddenly believe a Tier I 200k tournament is where she's going to shine. Dream on.

Highlandman
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:18 PM
No to Alizee Paradis? :sad: ;)

rated_next
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Pffft, I had the scoop about Mara and didn't want to post them here!

BTW, Val didn't seem that disappointed about it and says it was just a way to get pumped and proove she can still get in there. Perfect attitude :D

I feel Heidy and Val will get in by themselves anyways. i guess that was the idea for putting Jillian instead of Heidy.

Did you talk to Jill herself? Such a good kid :D

no, i didn't talk to jillian - she was talking to fichman a few rows down

but jillian's mother is really nice :)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I had the chance to chat a lil with Jillian in Quebec city, about her injury and all, she was such a sweetie. And so was Sharon too, who constantly waved at us in Toronto for like a week after we talked with her :lol:

Ballbasher
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I will miss Mel in the draws :sad:

hablo
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:17 PM
I had the chance to chat a lil with Jillian in Quebec city, about her injury and all, she was such a sweetie. And so was Sharon too, who constantly waved at us in Toronto for like a week after we talked with her :lol:
So whatever has happened to Mélanie Marois ?
Has she quit tennis ?

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:12 AM
BTW, where did you take that pic of Mel (your avy) ?

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:13 AM
So whatever has happened to Mélanie Marois ?
Has she quit tennis ?

Mélanie is giving tennis lessons here in Quebec City. Her ankle was very seriously injured and she is slowly starting to train again. I guess she'll give it another shot, but at the same time, as she said: *I want to be able to run with my children*

Hopefully she'll manage to do both!

hablo
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Mélanie is giving tennis lessons here in Quebec City. Her ankle was very seriously injured and she is slowly starting to train again. I guess she'll give it another shot, but at the same time, as she said: *I want to be able to run with my children*

Hopefully she'll manage to do both!
Thanks, that's good news that she can try again! :yeah:
I always wondered what had happened to her and whether I should leave her in my sig ;)
I hope she gives it another shot :D

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Well she is still in mine! ;)

LucasArg
Aug 7th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Maybe Paola Suarez gets a WC too.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 7th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Paola could get the Gold/Silver Exempt one!

barabanschikova_fan
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Stéphanie Dubois, Marie-Ève Pelletier et Aleksandra Wozniak participeront à la Coupe Rogers la semaine prochaine. Les trois Québécoises ont obtenu un laissez-passer pour le tableau principal du tournoi doté d'une bourse de 1,3 million de dollars.

Première Canadienne au classement de la WTA, Wozniak occupe le 131e rang mondial. La jeune joueuse de 18 ans a remporté le titre du Challenger de Hamilton, en juillet dernier, pour une deuxième année consécutive. Elle a aussi brillé lors de la victoire du Canada contre l'Argentine à la Coupe de la fédération.

Dubois, 18 ans seulement, occupe le 155e échelon du classement. Au cours de la dernière saison, elle s'est illustrée en atteignant les quarts de finale au Challenge Bell de Québec.

Quant à Pelletier, elle en sera à une quatrième participation officielle à la Coupe Rogers. La plus expérimentée du trio a atteint le meilleur classement de sa carrière en 2005. Elle était alors 106e.

Si les qualifications commencent ce week-end, il faudra attendre à lundi avant de voir les meilleures joueuses de la planète au stade Uniprix. La Belge Kim Clijsters est championne en titre.

source: www.radiocanada.ca (http://www.radiocanada.ca)

Drake1980
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Wow, I really thought Valerie deserved one. Oh well, hopefully she can win a match or 2 in qualies and get some valuable points there.

-Makiri-
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Steph and Aleksandra :banana:

Drake1980
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
:banana:

Gogo123
Aug 11th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Paola could get the Gold/Silver Exempt one!
I am hanging on the non-existent possibility that Serena would get the last wildcard and I would be able to go and watch her.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 18th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Well I think everyone saw in Marie-Eve's eye the lil: In your face bitches! when she beat Na Li. And I'll say it....

In your face bitches! :lol:

PS. I love my Val though, it's more about people bitching Mara constantly!