PDA

View Full Version : Who's Goin' To USO 2006?

pierce0415
Jul 11th, 2006, 02:17 PM
alright there was a thread in GM in which posters mentioned they were going to go to USO but we need an official thread here in the tournament thread

I will be going to the USO as with every year :banana:

Y'll will be reading my Report threads, including sightings of the players at the official player hotel in Manhattan (which just conviniently is on my way to work every morning) :cool:

I will be going for several days (probably during the first week) and hopefully not paying for it. I will be convincing the CTA (Chinese Tennis Association) to give me their grounds passes on days the Chinese girls play

Pasta-Na
Jul 14th, 2006, 03:58 AM
maybe shuai :shrug:

pierce0415
Jul 25th, 2006, 09:18 PM
maybe shuai :shrug:

of course shuai is going to USO :lol:

njtennis11
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:00 AM
Me.

spidey100
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:55 AM
I'm planning to go.
It's one of the purposes of my travel to NYC.
Just looking for accomodation.

purplerain
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I will be going for several days (probably during the first week) and hopefully not paying for it. I will be convincing the CTA (Chinese Tennis Association) to give me their grounds passes on days the Chinese girls play
I am thinking about going. How to convince CTA to get a ground passes ? :drool:
but i think accomodation will cost most of my money. NYC is so expensive :(

pierce0415
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I am thinking about going. How to convince CTA to get a ground passes ? :drool:
but i think accomodation will cost most of my money. NYC is so expensive :(

well actually I know people in CTA so that is why I can sometimes get passes
;)
are you coming from China?

Vaidisova
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I'll be going! :D

houseoflords
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:00 AM
I will be at the Open for the 7th straight year. I'm working for the AP during the night sessions but I'll be watching matches during the day

purplerain
Aug 9th, 2006, 05:53 PM
well actually I know people in CTA so that is why I can sometimes get passes
;)
are you coming from China?

cool, knowing people in CTA :yeah: Does they know fans don't like CTA's decisions on Peng Shuai at all ? :lol:
I am a Chinese but a student in a US school now. I maybe go to NYC at the labor day weekend.

tennisjt
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I am going to the Open for my honeymoon!

JPhurst
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:13 AM
I'll definitely try to go to qualifiers. It's the best sports deal in all of NYC.

It's all free. You just walk in and can go to any court you like. If a match is good, stick around. If boring, go to another one. And in addition to the matches, you'll see some of the main draw players practicing on adjacent courts.

matija-seles
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Where are u staying in NY? I'm desperately looking for accomodation.