PDA

View Full Version : Will Anastasia Make The Yec???

ctan88
Jul 11th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Hey Guys,

I Just Wanted To Ask What Everyone Thought On Whether Nastya Will Make The Year End Championships In Madrid? Personally, I Think That She Will Squeeze Through And Perhaps Become The 8th Player To Qualify! However, The 2nd Half Of Her Season Will Have To Be Strong With Some Solid Results - Having Said, I Am Confident She Will Do Well For The Next 4 To 5 Months!

otrimotrim
Jul 11th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Hi!
I think Nastya could reach the required position, although with many
difficulties. I watched on TV many of her matches in Eastbourne and
Wimbledon, and I think she is playing a good tennis with respect to
her clay season. So, if she continues on this way, she can claw back 3 positions. A problem is that Nastya can't mistake many tournaments until
the end of the season.
Hovewer, I'd bet some euros on her qualifying for the Year End Championships. And I'll support her during all of her matches, although
(sigh!!!) only from my dining room!
Come on Nastya!!!!!!

selyoink
Jul 11th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I don't think so. She isn't that far behind the 8th spot but I just don't know if she will able to get that one big result needed to qualify. Plus by scheduling events like Stockholm she is shooting herself in the foot.

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 12th, 2006, 12:36 AM
It won't be easy but she can do it. In Eastbourne and Wimbledon we have seen the best Nastya since 2004, so I'm confident.

I don't think her schedule will be a problem because with the exception of San Diego she'll play all the biggest tourneys. IMO, she will be able to collect in Cincinnati+Stockholm more points than Dementieva in San Diego (her biggest opponent together with Vaidisova in the race to the 8th spot, IMO). Obviously, we have to hope that Lena won't repeat in the last part of this season, the great performances of the last part of 2005 otherwise it would be very difficult for Nastya to reach her.

As regard the other spots, I think that the first 5 players of the race will play the YEC for sure and Hingis too, while I have some doubts about Petrova because we'll have to see if she'll be able to regain the wonderful shape that she had until Berlin or her injury will continue to hinder her.

angiee3
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:59 AM
i think she can make it. ofcourse if she keeps playing like she's been doing lately, and it seems like she really wants to be there, so that is something that will keep her motivated.... so i believe she can do it, but then again it's nastya and we can never be too confident something will happen..

Brooklyn90
Jul 12th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Yes i think so, she's playing some of the best tennis i've seen her play in a long time, and the women's tour is wide open now

greenfunkTHREE.
Jul 12th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Most probably. Plus she's really striving for it. If she joins the lower tiered Events ant win i dont see why she wouldnt qualify. Well i'm not sure bout the points thing but yeah

fleur137
Jul 13th, 2006, 02:52 AM
well i hope she can. i would definitely look forward to adding it to the 2006 tourneys list! would be a great way to end a year!

selyoink
Jul 13th, 2006, 05:50 AM
well i hope she can. i would definitely look forward to adding it to the 2006 tourneys list! would be a great way to end a year!

It would be a great way to end the year as long as she doesn't pull a Lena D. and go for 0-3. One of these days Lena will win a YEC match. Hopefully her Nastya can meet in the final this year.

miffedmax
Jul 13th, 2006, 07:36 PM
It would be a great way to end the year as long as she doesn't pull a Lena D. and go for 0-3. One of these days Lena will win a YEC match. Hopefully her Nastya can meet in the final this year.

I think Lena D. and Nastya should always play in the finals. Of every tournament!

selyoink
Jul 14th, 2006, 05:18 AM
I think Lena D. and Nastya should always play in the finals. Of every tournament!

Yes it would be pretty nice.

UncleZeke
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:35 AM
I hope she does, but its unlikely.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:18 AM
she'll have to go on a post us open TEAR

TiK-Tee
Jul 19th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Not easy for Nastya

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:43 PM
She needs at least a QF in USO and the Moscow title to stand a chance.
And of course the others doing poorly :) In other words unlikely

Paco
Jul 20th, 2006, 07:33 PM
well it will not be easy but it's tennis, everyone can have injury and will not play before YEC and Nastya can win something. It's still a lot of time to it :)

Daniel
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:25 AM
I think she will. There are still many torunaments to be played in the rest of the year. She just needs to be consistent.

michelle11
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:24 PM
many tournaments,but she is not playing where she could get the points.
with this schedule she will have to reach the final at us-open.
look for example at lucky schnyder , she earns the points without winning any big matches. :(

selyoink
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:31 AM
many tournaments,but she is not playing where she could get the points.
with this schedule she will have to reach the final at us-open.
look for example at lucky schnyder , she earns the points without winning any big matches. :(

Schnyder isn't really the problem. She is only in 9th. Nastya has to pass Lena D. who has a pretty big lead on her. Plus historically the US Open is Lena's best slam. So that doesn't bode well either.

otrimotrim
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:31 PM
Nastya must win Stockholm, then she can fight against other players for
8th place. I don't understand why she hasn't played San Diego, but at this
point we must support her for Stockholm!
Ale Nastya!

Just Do It
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:20 PM
hope so :)

welshboy91
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I would love for her too. But it is highly unlikely considering the players above her.

selyoink
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:30 AM
I would pretty much say it is impossible. Considering she can't beat anyone in a final. Nor can she get past the QFs at Grand Slams her chances are diminishing with every wasted week.

ARIANE 5
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Bye bye the YEC and the top 10 :wavey:

michelle11
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:44 PM
the decision to play in stockholm was idiotic !

ctan88
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Well, she lost today against Peer ... she is definitley not going to make the top 10 or the Championships

Il Primo!
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Bye bye the YEC and the top 10 :wavey:
And good moring the RETIREMENT

She drives me mad

Daniel
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:10 AM
must improve dramatically for the rest ofthe year, but so far doesnt look good.

selyoink
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Well I'd say making the YEC is the least of our worries. That is no longer in the realm of possibility unless 5-6 players pull out.

cypher_88
Aug 17th, 2006, 09:39 AM
i'd say that remaining in the worlds top 15 should be her new priority:sad:

frenchie
Aug 17th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Nastya is a solid top12 player if you look at the race.
She's not that far from Safina and Vaidisova so a top10 finish is still possible with good performances during the indoor season (Nastya's best part of the year) and with a good scheduling!!

She still has a little chance all the more so a lot of players are seriously injured (Kim...)
We'll see!!!

I<3Myskina
Aug 31st, 2006, 12:28 PM
I doubt it now she's out in the first round of the US Open.

She'd need to do well in Kolkata, Kremlin Kup and Zurich Open, if she's even going to bother entering.

otrimotrim
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:18 AM
Maybe next year!
A good result in her last tournaments could encourage Nastya, but I think she can't reach 8th place anymore.
Obviously, I hope that my opinion is wrong!

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2006, 04:15 PM
There is no chance at YEC anymore.

angiee3
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM
well. i don't think so..

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2006, 01:48 PM
No way now!!

and it seems Nastya is only playing Stuttgart, Moscow and Hasselt :rolleyes:

french_girl
Sep 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
won't she play Zurich?...cause she made it to the semie last year!!
well!let's see what she gonna do, hoping her results will be better than these last weeks!

Filippo-Nastya
Sep 3rd, 2006, 03:24 PM
The YEC dream is over!
It's a big pity because the players that are in front of Nastya didn't have a great US Open pre-season. Yeah, Vaidisova, Safina and Schnyder had some good result but they don't have a lot of points more than Nastya.
What really frustrates me is that Petrova won her last match (before the US Open) in Berlin and despite that she has almost 500 points more than Nastya. This is not acceptable.

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
The YEC dream is over!
It's a big pity because the players that are in front of Nastya didn't have a great US Open pre-season. Yeah, Vaidisova, Safina and Schnyder had some good result but they don't have a lot of points more than Nastya.
What really frustrates me is that Petrova won her last match (before the US Open) in Berlin and despite that she has almost 500 points more than Nastya. This is not acceptable.

Yes but Petrova also won 4 tournaments. Two tier Is and two Tier IIs. Nastya's best results at a Tier I are semis in Tokyo and QFs at Miami.

ARIANE 5
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't play Hasselt and finishes the year in Moscow.

Wait and see :tennis:

sinterklaasje
Sep 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't play Hasselt and finishes the year in Moscow.

Noooooooooo
:bigcry: :rain: :hysteric: :sobbing:
She will play Hasselt :armed:

Hopefully she can play well in the last tournies of this season. It's more likely that she'll reconsider her future and that she'll decide to play at least one extra year, if she can end this season on a positive note.
YEC however is out of reach.

I<3Myskina
Oct 17th, 2006, 08:04 PM
She just lost in the first round of Zurich against the world no. 174. She has no chance to get into the YEC. It's impossible, even if she wins Hasslet.

sailorbadass91
Nov 18th, 2006, 01:48 PM
She really needs a fresh start; something new...