PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce maybe will retire completely

Sir David Pierce
Jul 10th, 2006, 02:04 PM
According to an interview of Amelie Mauresmo during a press conference in Wimbledon Amelie was asked when Mary will come back.

Mauresmo: " Si Marie ne va reviens pas pendant cette année, elle est encore blessée, c'est tout à fait possible que Marie ne reviendra jamais.

Elle ne serait pas en mésure d'être en forme aprés elle a raté presque une saison
compléte.

Si Marie ne reviens pas, elle deviendra le chef de l'équipe de France dans le
Fed Cup à partir de janvier 2007. "

What a dramatical news

See you

Dave

pierce0415
Jul 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM
NOOOOOOO :bigcry:

zibaas
Jul 10th, 2006, 03:36 PM
translation please...

MistyGrey
Jul 10th, 2006, 03:43 PM
:sad:
Please God Please !:bigcry:

Where did u find this?

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM
i dont believe it, stupid :rolleyes:

Sund7101
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I don't believe this either! :sad:

squig2k
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:24 PM
rough translation:

If Mary does not go returns during this year, she again is injured, this completely possible one that Mary never will return.

She would not be in mésure to be in forms aprés she spoiled almost a complete season.

If Mary does not return, she will become the boss of the France team in the Fed Cup from January 2007. "

squig2k
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:24 PM
i so hope she comes back, tennis wont be the sa,me without u mary!

willrock
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:26 PM
:sad:
Link please??? I can't believe it till I read a reliable source.
Plus I find strange that Mary would agree to be the French Fed Cup captain...

pierce_fanatic
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:33 PM
i'm not going to believe it until i hear it come out of Mary's mouth.

:mad: :fiery: :mad:

squig2k
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:08 PM
im unsure though, willrock ur right, itd be unusual for mary to retire and got straight into fed cup captaining

MistyGrey
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Its strange that Amelie would say something like that.. I mean, usually players dont comment on other people's retirement and stuff, no matter how close! plus Mary Fed Cup captain in 2007? not very believable! I am not questioning the thread starter, I just think the information he got is a little fishy.
Praying this is all bullshit!
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ MARY!!!

Mark Spruce
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I am with you on this

Mark

i'm not going to believe it until i hear it come out of Mary's mouth.

:mad: :fiery: :mad:

Mark Spruce
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Yes I find that stragne that momo would talk about personal stuff of Mary.

I am praying that it is bullshit as well.

Mark

Its strange that Amelie would say something like that.. I mean, usually players dont comment on other people's retirement and stuff, no matter how close! plus Mary Fed Cup captain in 2007? not very believable! I am not questioning the thread starter, I just think the information he got is a little fishy.
Praying this is all bullshit!
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ MARY!!!

ashwu
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:33 PM
i ignore everthing she said

Anne c
Jul 10th, 2006, 08:03 PM
J'y crois pas vraiment déjà ou est cette fameuse interview, deux si ça vient pas de mary j'y vrois pas du tout!

zibaas
Jul 11th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Amelie will never say something like that
but i must confess that im worried.

rsunderji
Jul 11th, 2006, 04:36 PM
no way! if that were the case mary would suck it up and play the last majors. The fact she hasn't played means that she still wants to play for a long time and do so completely healthy.

Rahim

hablo
Jul 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM
According to an interview of Amelie Mauresmo during a press conference in Wimbledon Amelie was asked when Mary will come back.

Mauresmo: " Si Marie ne va reviens pas pendant cette année, elle est encore blessée, c'est tout à fait possible que Marie ne reviendra jamais.

Elle ne serait pas en mésure d'être en forme aprés elle a raté presque une saison
compléte.

What a dramatical news

See you

Dave
Oh wow, I wish there was a link or something :speakles:

Mark Spruce
Jul 11th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Hello,

Yes I am in your camp of NO WAY.

Mary wants to play on for sure. She loves it, as I have said before she will play less to play more.

Mark

no way! if that were the case mary would suck it up and play the last majors. The fact she hasn't played means that she still wants to play for a long time and do so completely healthy.

Rahim

Sund7101
Jul 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Hello,

Yes I am in your camp of NO WAY.

Mary wants to play on for sure. She loves it, as I have said before she will play less to play more.

Mark
I completely agree.

Mazarine
Jul 12th, 2006, 11:57 AM

compléte.

What a dramatical news

See you

Dave

This alleged interview of Amélie can't be a true interview, for its transcription presents too many mistakes in the french language, that is why I am sure there is no link. A journalist would NEVER do such mistakes, even a nativ french guy would not do them...I suspect this alleged interview to be one from a called Piercecheng who often use an automatic transator....

here the errors of french:

Mauresmo: " Si Marie (Mary and not Marie) ne va reviens pas (it is not french, the correct sentence would be "ne va pas revenir") pendant (durant)cette année, elle est encore blessée, c'est tout à fait possible que Marie ne reviendra (ne revienne) jamais.

Elle ne serait pas en mésure (mesure without "é") d'être en forme aprés elle a raté (après avoir raté ) presque une saison
compléte (complète with a "è" and not a "é").

Si Marie ne reviens pas (revient with a "t"), elle deviendra le chef de l'équipe de France (the genuine expression is "capitaine" and not "chef") dans le
Fed Cup (LA Fed cup and not "le") à partir de janvier 2007. "

ashwu
Jul 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM
:) hope you're right~

Sir David Pierce
Jul 12th, 2006, 02:41 PM
This alleged interview of Amélie can't be a true interview, for its transcription presents too many mistakes in the french language, that is why I am sure there is no link. A journalist would NEVER do such mistakes, even a nativ french guy would not do them...I suspect this alleged interview to be one from a called Piercecheng who often use an automatic transator....

here the errors of french:

Mauresmo: " Si Marie (Mary and not Marie) ne va reviens pas (it is not french, the correct sentence would be "ne va pas revenir") pendant (durant)cette année, elle est encore blessée, c'est tout à fait possible que Marie ne reviendra (ne revienne) jamais.

Elle ne serait pas en mésure (mesure without "é") d'être en forme aprés elle a raté (après avoir raté ) presque une saison
compléte (complète with a "è" and not a "é").

Si Marie ne reviens pas (revient with a "t"), elle deviendra le chef de l'équipe de France (the genuine expression is "capitaine" and not "chef") dans le
Fed Cup (LA Fed cup and not "le") à partir de janvier 2007. "

No no things are not that easy as you think it was in English which I translated in French just for fun on www.wimbledon.org it could be found.

Veeko
Jul 12th, 2006, 02:43 PM
pierce,welcome back

I hope everything goes well with you

Mazarine
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:08 PM
No no things are not that easy as you think it was in English which I translated in French just for fun on www.wimbledon.org it could be found.

could you give the exact link please (there are so many itw on the site)?
why did you translate it if it was in english and if this board is a english speaking one?

MistyGrey
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:23 PM
That interview was made up.. I dont need to go back to wimbledon.org and check all of Amelie's interviews, coz I've read all of her interviews already, (during the tournament)... so mention of Mary or her retirement... so I dont know who told u this Sir David Pierce.. but its clearly incorrect.

pierce_fanatic
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:33 PM
No no things are not that easy as you think it was in English which I translated in French just for fun on www.wimbledon.org (http://www.wimbledon.org/) it could be found.
the moment you posted the original post, i went and had a look at the wimbledon site and found nothing in Amelie's interview, i searched the web for other french interviews and there was nothing. :o

an exact link would be great :)

Mark Spruce
Jul 12th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I love it when people can make sense what I write and then agree with me :wavey:

Mark

I completely agree.

squig2k
Jul 12th, 2006, 08:48 PM
i hate it when these false stories are spread.. :o

Sund7101
Jul 12th, 2006, 09:48 PM
i hate it when these false stories are spread.. :o
Me too, why would somebody do that?

MissTennisFan
Jul 12th, 2006, 10:35 PM
No no things are not that easy as you think it was in English which I translated in French just for fun on www.wimbledon.org (http://www.wimbledon.org/) it could be found.
Where exactly? Like many others on this board, I looked through the interviews, I didn't find so much as a mention of Mary's name, so yes, a direct link would be most welcome.

Mary hasn't played for a while now; understandably, her fans are a little worried. So if you're going to post a message like that, then maybe you can at least share your sources -- and please be specific.

danthepiercefan
Jul 14th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Where exactly? Like many others on this board, I looked through the interviews, I didn't find so much as a mention of Mary's name, so yes, a direct link would be most welcome.

Mary hasn't played for a while now; understandably, her fans are a little worried. So if you're going to post a message like that, then maybe you can at least share your sources -- and please be specific.
That's the 3rd he did that.