PDA

View Full Version : News Flash: NBC will be showing the Ladies Doubles Final now...

drake3781
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Their Wimbledon coverage goes until 3:00 PM EST - 2 and a half more hours. Should be enough to fully carry the Ladies Doubles match? that's great! I ws gonna buy it on Wimbly Live.

I'm a little worried that NBC will cut it up and keep going to the "Sports Desk", etc.

selesfan
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM
they are going to show mixed doubles

K-Dog
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM
YEAH!! Mixed!!

cellophane
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Cool! Mixed dubs. :D

MH0861
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I haven't seen a mixed dubs match in a long time! :D

drake3781
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM
OK I'm not happy. But that makes sense since there is an American in it.

I'll watch the Doubles match on Wimbly Live. :wavey:

Scotso
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:03 PM
well done NBC on showing a match from yesterday instead of the women's doubles :yeah: :rolleyes:

MH0861
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:29 PM
well done NBC on showing a match from yesterday instead of the women's doubles :yeah: :rolleyes:

I'm just thankful we aren't getting "special bonus coverage" of Andy Roddick's second round match. :lol:

drake3781
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:06 PM
An hour left and one more set of Ladies' Doubles to go.... will they show it???

(Each side has one set now.)

pcrtennis
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:13 PM
They probably don't want to show Suarez/Ruano Pascual moonball and stay back on every point. It's kind of embarrassing for women's doubles and always has been.

Reuchlin
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:15 PM
They probably don't want to show Suarez/Ruano Pascual moonball and stay back on every point. It's kind of embarrassing for women's doubles and always has been.
BS.

Scotso
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:18 PM
An hour left and one more set of Ladies' Doubles to go.... will they show it???

(Each side has one set now.)

nope, they're talking to Carillo :D :yeah: good move!

drake3781
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Yep, all tape and studio for the last hour.

Ruano Pascual and Suarez are staying back, not playing net at all, as pcrtennis said. If you are not watching it don't say BS.

1star
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Their Wimbledon coverage goes until 3:00 PM EST - 2 and a half more hours. Should be enough to fully carry the Ladies Doubles match? that's great! I ws gonna buy it on Wimbly Live.

I'm a little worried that NBC will cut it up and keep going to the "Sports Desk", etc.I appreciate your great concern about Chinese players performance. Actually many of us are watching World Cup: France vs Italy. ;)

BTW, Guangdong Sports in China will be showing the match at 14:00-15:50pm, Monday, Beijing time.
:wavey:

Reuchlin
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Yep, all tape and studio for the last hour.

Ruano Pascual and Suarez are staying back, not playing net at all, as pcrtennis said. If you are not watching it don't say BS.

I just meant that it does not matter that they stay back-- it works well for them, and certainly shows at least some sort of creativity in the doubles game.

JackWalker
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:28 PM
its digraceful that they show a match from the previous day that was a complete blowout instead of a live match that is being hotly contested

drake3781
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:33 PM
its digraceful that they show a match from the previous day that was a complete blowout instead of a live match that is being hotly contested

With some very interesting players. But NBC works under the impression that Americans want to see marquee players, and that's what we get, and by doing that all the time, they create that reality.

auntie janie
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I'm just thankful we aren't getting "special bonus coverage" of Andy Roddick's second round match. :lol:

Yeah, that's a miracle! :lol:

kyk710
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:34 AM
With some very interesting players. But NBC works under the impression that Americans want to see marquee players, and that's what we get, and by doing that all the time, they create that reality.
:worship: Even when the play in this match got a little spotty, I still thought it was highly entertaining with a lot of great points. Definitely better than watching lethargic Venus and Bob get their asses handed to them :sad: .

cellophane
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:40 AM
:worship: Even when the play in this match got a little spotty, I still thought it was highly entertaining with a lot of great points. Definitely better than watching lethargic Venus and Bob get their asses handed to them :sad: .

I thought it was a really entertaning match, and the women's doubles was kind of blah the points I saw. I guess I'll download and watch it.

slk45
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:47 AM
its digraceful that they show a match from the previous day that was a complete blowout instead of a live match that is being hotly contestedIt's deja vu all over again!! :eek:

kyk710
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:47 AM
I thought it was a really entertaning match, and the women's doubles was kind of blah the points I saw. I guess I'll download and watch it.
You're probably right. I'm just mad that Venus didn't win the final - after fighting all the way to get there even after her disappointing singles finish - it was kind of a letdown.

cellophane
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:01 AM
You're probably right. I'm just mad that Venus didn't win the final - after fighting all the way to get there even after her disappointing singles finish - it was kind of a letdown.

There is no shame in being outplayed. :p :angel:

slk45
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:09 AM
NBC works under the impression that Americans want to see marquee players, and that's what we get, and by doing that all the time, they create that reality.NBC and ESPN work under the impression that all we want to see are American players. Thank God Venus and Bob were playing Vera and Andy or I never would have seen Vera at Wimbledon.:worship: Even when the play in this match got a little spotty, I still thought it was highly entertaining with a lot of great points. Definitely better than watching lethargic Venus and Bob get their asses handed to them :sad: .I quite enjoyed that, even if the broadcast was a day late !! :rolleyes: :devil:

I was expecting the women's doubles final as well, 'tho. What was ESPN2 doing today? They gave us 9 hours of the 2005 U.S. Poker Championships!!! :scratch:

Pasta-Na
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:45 AM
jie/yan won :angel: but it was a tough match :scared:

slk45
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:58 AM
jie/yan won :angel: but it was a tough match :scared:That's an impressive win. Suarez/Ruano Pascual make a formidable team.