PDA

View Full Version : OMG...if you download the Henin/Mauresmo final on Wimbledon Live...

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:16 AM
It includes about ten minutes of them standing in the hallway before they go on court. Holy shit...those ten minutes were the most AWKWARD minutes I've ever seen between two human beings. They didn't even at look each other the entire time. There was not a peep amongst anyone in that hallway. I knew their relationship was a little strained after the AO final, but I wasn't aware they weren't even on speaking terms...

Dexter
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I doubt players chat and giggle before playing GS final.

wally1
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:36 AM
That happens every year and the players never speak to each other.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I can think of two that do, but they're a special case. :lol:

PatrickRyan
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I can think of two that do, but they're a special case. :lol:
:)

saki
Jul 9th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Same was true of the RG final and Justine & Sveta were practising together, chatting and having fun just a couple of days before. Ditto at Eastbourne. It's just that immediately before a GS final is not a time to do that!

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 11:44 AM
*shakes head at thread starter*

Now .... if you knew anything about tennis and the way things worked, you'd know that before a GS final it is not the done thing to talk to each other! Have you not seen other footage of where players talk to each other before a match whilst waiting to go out onto court?

1. You either know nothing about the game; or

2. You are trying to stir up trouble.

Which one is it? :rolleyes:

tenn_ace
Jul 9th, 2006, 11:51 AM
It includes about ten minutes of them standing in the hallway before they go on court. Holy shit...those ten minutes were the most AWKWARD minutes I've ever seen between two human beings. They didn't even at look each other the entire time. There was not a peep amongst anyone in that hallway. I knew their relationship was a little strained after the AO final, but I wasn't aware they weren't even on speaking terms...

who can blame Amelie? :p

tennnisfannn
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:09 PM
who can blame Amelie? :p
Not to mention one person who shall remain nameless who is not friendship material:lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:02 PM
The same thing has just happened with Federer and Nadal and they are friends!

As I said, just goes to prove that thread starter knows nothing about tennis or is shit-stirring!

Scotso
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Some players speak, but this was an especially tense moment for the both of them.

Scotso
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:09 PM

They are amicable to each other, but trust me... they're not friends.

Melly Flew Us
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:44 PM
... They didn't even at look each other the entire time. There was not a peep amongst anyone in that hallway...
but if you had paid attention you would have noticed that henin sneaked two looks at amelie and amelie tried to sneak a look at juju; and there was sufficient chat provided by the officals etc.

Sam L
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Unless maybe Kim Clijsters.

50Sense
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:02 PM
:lol: She may give her opponent a few pointers as well.

johnoo
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM
the serena maria wait was a pretty tense affair before the 2004 final,very awkward even the ballgirls did'nt know where to look,not nice and I don't know why they have to make them wait so long.

Wiggly
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Maybe you can chat and stuff before a Tier IV final in Taschkent but doing it before a GS final is crazy. :lol:

Elenarulez
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Kim Clijsters asks her opponent in what score she would like to win :tape:

harloo
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:42 PM
The question is why should they be all buddy buddy right before a GS final? Afterall this is a competitive sport that requires focus and mental fortitude. I wouldn't expect them to be nice to each other right before a final and neither should anyone else.:D

LoveFifteen
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Shame on Amelie and Justine. If they were true champions, they would be combing each other's hair, giggling, and gossiping about their sex lives right before the final.

Veritas
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:27 PM

As I said, just goes to prove that thread starter knows nothing about tennis or is shit-stirring!

Of course they are. Otherwise, Federer wouldn't have called Nadal's game "one dimensional" :retard:

cellophane
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM
That was a :yawn: men's final.

Craigy
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM
LIKE OMG REALLY? :speakles:
:retard:

fifiricci
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I'm surprised Amelie didn't challenge Justine to a quick hand of poker, if they had 10 whole minutes to spare. Still, she probably didn't want to wallop the poor girl twice in one day ;)