PDA

View Full Version : Are Venus and Serena only friends with the guys

winone23
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Are Venus and Serena only friends with male tennis players, I know they are cool with the Byrans, Blake, Roddick, and a couple of other guys, does anyone know if they are friends with any of the girls on the tour?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:25 AM
the girls are too catty, but Serena's friendly with Linds and Kim. Venus is VERY introverted, but I think she and Linds are cool too

cellophane
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I want a Kim-Serena match soon. :drool:

winone23
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:45 AM
the girls are too catty, but Serena's friendly with Linds and Kim. Venus is VERY introverted, but I think she and Linds are cool too

You still think Venus is an introvert? I thought she overcame her introversion she dosen't seem as shy to me, she's goes to many social functions now.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:00 AM
in terms of going out and befriending tour players...yeah, she's really shy. she's come out of her shell more, but she still depends on Serena for her social outlet

1handedwonder
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:19 AM
i think serena, and monica are/were friendly

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:24 AM
I think Vee and Rena are cool with the American girls, except maybe Jen.

backhanddtl4
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:26 AM
I think Venus and Hingis are now friends.....as opposed to back in the day.

Brooklyn90
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:27 AM
probally mostly with lindsay

Marcus Jordan
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:35 AM
I think Venus and Hingis are now friends.....as opposed to back in the day.

HAHA kind of like Rocky and Apollo....

dreamgoddess099
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:54 AM
I rarely if ever hear them apply the word friend to any player. I've heard them say they've known a player, or grew up together, or get along with them, but never friend. Friendship means a lot to them and they don't just go around calling anybody friend no matter how much they like them. They do a good job of distinguishing associates from actual true blue friends. That said, Serena doesn't mind talking to anybody and is actually quite popular with the other players on tour, while Venus likes to get to know a person a little more before she lets them in. Both are fun loving, Venus just doesn't reveal that side of herself with just anybody. But what I really love is their ability to mind their own business, I loved that about Steffi Graf too.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:59 AM

Venus hugged Lindsay at the Wimbledon Final, instead of just shaking hands... does that mean anything???? :hearts: i think it means amore.

anyways... hasn't Venus stated that she doesn't want to make friends on the tour. She has serena, and that's all she needs?

Jakeev
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I don't think Linds and the sisters are exactly friends, but they seem very fond of each other and perhaps that is because of their time together in FedCup.

If anything, they all respect each other. And of any player on tour, Lindsay seemed to be the one player that always considered them the best even after they came back from the injury woes and the family tragedy of 2003.

Even when other's would say the sisters were not as great as they used to be, Lindsay would still insist that they are THE ones to beat on a tennis court.

dav abu
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Lindsay sent Serena flowers when she was injured, they wouldn't be friends I'd say but get on alright. From what I've read etc Lindsay and Venus are not friends - I remember in interviews leading up to last years final Lindsay kept getting asked about past tensions with Venus and she said things were better now that Venus didn't feel the need to be so intimidating to everyone off court but she laughed then saying that they certainly don't talk about their private lives (apologies for not having the exact quote to hand). We can't say for sure who is friendly or not but now on tour with people travelling with entourages etc most of the players are not friends. Was watching one of the Wimbledon stories the other night and that was certainly the impression I got e.g Chris Evert was saying she was happier she came up in the 70s because she was able to make friends.

winone23
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Are they friends with Anna K. I just found this on Anna's site, I wonder if they are really freinds or whether Anna was just being polite.

The Lexus Tennis Challenge
Hi everyone -

I just returned from another great charity event that was hosted by my good friends Serena and Venus Williams. The event, The Lexus Tennis Challenge, was in Lexington, Kentucky on November 20th and 21st. The first night of the event started out with a reception, an elegant black tie dinner and live auction. I met some great legends including Tubby Smith, the University of Kentucky men's basketball coach, and also Jamal Mashburn who is a former Kentucky and Miami Heat basketball player. After the dinner, there was a silent and live auction and a performance by the O'Jays.

The next day, I played in two tennis events that took place at the Rupp arena. My first challenge was to play a singles match against Venus. We had very excited and enthusiastic fans and I loved playing before such a cool crowd. I even let one fan try to return one of Venus' serves! Next, Serena and I teamed up to play Venus and Brenda Schultz in a doubles match. We had a really fun and exciting match, and I was happy to be on the court again with my friends. We all had a great time on and off the court.

The money raised from this event helped benefit many charities including the Owl Foundation that was founded by Oracene Price (Venus and Serena's mother), along with the Jamal Mashburn Excel Scholarship Fund and The Tubby Smith Foundation. These charities help children and education programs in underprivileged neighborhoods.

Thanks to the Williams family and Lexington, Kentucky for their wonderful hospitality, and I hope to participate in this great event next year!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I remember before last years Wimbledon final Venus said that she would always root for Lindsay to win, unless she or Serena was playing her.

Serena is friends with Anna right?? And Kim? Wasn't there something about either Serena sending a get well soon text to Kim or Kim sending it to Serena?

winone23
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:35 AM
The only other person that I think they are friends with is Zina G.

santhuruu
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:39 AM
That's not true, I'm sure that Venus and Serena are friends with Rubin and Stevenson and also Clijsters and Davenport

winone23
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:44 AM
That's not true, I'm sure that Venus and Serena are friends with Rubin and Stevenson and also Clijsters and Davenport

your right I found this quote

Q7: Who do you consider friends on the tour, besides Venus?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Chanda [Rubin] and I really get along well. Alexandra and I, Alexandra Stevenson, we're really good friends. And Kim, she's a very nice girl. We always talk. There's a lot of players - Lisa Raymond, Rennae Stubbs. We definitely get along.

santhuruu
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:51 AM
your right I found this quote

Q7: Who do you consider friends on the tour, besides Venus?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Chanda [Rubin] and I really get along well. Alexandra and I, Alexandra Stevenson, we're really good friends. And Kim, she's a very nice girl. We always talk. There's a lot of players - Lisa Raymond, Rennae Stubbs. We definitely get along.

Ooh I didn't know there was a quote of that. But I was sure about Alexandra and Chanda. And also about Kim, because I have read once, that when Clijsters had that wrist injury, Venus send her an e-mail about how things are and how the injury is and all that stuff.