PDA

View Full Version : Amelie...Most Humble Champion Ever?

franny
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I have lots to say, but I didn't want to post like 20,000 posts. So I'm gonna try to compact everything in here.

1. First of all, I am so very happy for Amelie Mauresmo. I really wanted Justine to win today, but boy did Amelie play well and more importantly, serve well. It was superb tennis from Mauresmo in the last two sets. Hats off to her.

2. I was watching her ESPN interview on sportscenter, and I must say, she is incredibly humble. I mean, she is real. She is willing to talk about her struggles, her emotions, and then even goes as far as to explain how she thinks Justine might have been tired or what not. I mean, regardless of whether that's true or not, few number 1's and Wimbledon champs would come out and give their opponents credit when its due and also explain how their opponents may be off. She is just so real.

3. I really think that its her tribulations in the past that has really made her such a humble person. She knows the heartbreaks and the struggles. She's gonna stay down to Earth because of it.

4. To me, she has proven that she is the outright number 1 in the world. Two slams in one year, that is amazing. Who would have a thought a year ago at this time that 2006 would be the year of Amelie. Fantastic achievement, really.

5. I really wish her the best of luck in the future. I think that her and Justine are gonna have many more great matches. I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone plays. With Amelie and Justine's all court game, Venus and Serena seemingly committing to play more, Sharapova trying to add to her game, Martina trying to get more fit, Clijsters in her favorite time of the year, possible comeback of Davenport(maybe? I hope so), and of course all the Russians and Chinese players. It's gonna be a great summer...I think.

UncleZeke
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:16 PM
xlnt post. I couldn't agree with you more..

tennislover
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Navratilova was the most humble champion ever! :shout:

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Definite hardships and finally being triumphant brings a viewpoint that while not unique is more thorough. I think you can appreciate the successes more that way.

sapir1434
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:10 AM
:worship:

Scotso
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:59 AM
There are players I like more, but Amelie is definitely my favorite favorite concerning how she behaves in victory. She is pure class in every way. It's so refreshing to have someone so famous and wealthy so down to earth.

tenn_ace
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Sveta is humble too...

angiee3
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:27 AM
i agree..
but not sure about the "ever" part....

JPrince
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Beautiful Post! Couldn't agree more! :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Amelie is a class act all the way :kiss:

greenfunkTHREE.
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:20 PM
go amelie! :worship:

No Name Face
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:22 PM
ame :worship:
she has peaked very late and i always doubt her abilities, but she is by far the best player this year. great job.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:38 PM
what a great thread! i'm still so excited that she was victorious yesterday