PDA

View Full Version : Justine's Post match interview

Reuchlin
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2006-07-08/200607081152377257921.html

J. Henin-Hardenne Interview - Day 12
Saturday, 8 July, 2006

Q. You seemed to be playing quite well. Can you talk me through what happened after the first set?

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: Yeah, it's just for sure disappointed to lose that way. I played a solid first set and then lost a little bit my concentration on a few points, and then there was this break. I tried to stay in the set. It was only one break at the time. I came back at 4 3 and she was playing better at that time. But, uhm, I wasn't aggressive enough, and the match turned completely. So in the third set I really tried to stay in the match, and I kept fighting to the end but she kept serving well. There is nothing to say. She took more opportunities than me. She's been more consistent on her serve. I didn't serve very good today. So, uhm, it's a bit hard, but it's okay.

Q. The last shot, that's not normally one you would miss. Can you take us through that last point.

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: Yeah, you know, we don't have to look at one point in the match. It's a matchpoint, so it's not the problem. I mean, today I wasn't playing my best tennis far from that. That's the kind of day that happens, and you need to accept it and to move forward. I tried to stay positive. I wasn't maybe fresh enough to win this match, I don't know. She has been more solid than me, and that's it.

Q. Health wise, how were you feeling out there today?

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: Tired.

Q. Very tired?

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: Now I'm very tired because I know it's over. No, it's been, you know, in the last six weeks I played five of them, two Grand Slams, and a tournament between them. No regrets about that. I played 18 matches. Generally, very good tennis. So it's a bit hard to lose in the final here, for sure, but I have to keep what went pretty well in the last few weeks. I played a lot, so now I will need a little bit of break. It's been pretty tough emotionally, mentally maybe more than physically in these last few weeks.

Q. You would know better than almost anybody how tough it is to pull off this double from Paris to here. Of course Nadal is hoping to do that tomorrow. Just how tough is it?

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: Oh, I was pretty close to do it, so it means it is possible. But, yeah, I was just a set away from that. You know, it turned away. I think I can do it. I could do it. But that's the way it happened. I'm not gonna change it now anymore. It is difficult, for sure, because it's two Grand Slams and it's a lot of pressure. Two Grand Slams in a month, it's pretty hard. So that's the most difficult thing in these two tournaments.

Q. What are the emotions in the transition from Roland Garros to here?

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: I think I've been pretty good at turn the page from the French Open and get focused on here. I wanted so much to win here, but doesn't happen this year so I'll come back. But emotionally, I've been feeling very well in the last few weeks. Today was a bit harder, bit harder to play my good tennis, so it's tough.

Q. The fact that the weather was relatively warm for the two weeks, did that have anything to do with your physical condition?

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: No.

Q. Are there things you will take from this fortnight into the rest of the season, for example? You played a very attacking game here. Could you see yourself doing that on hard courts, for example?

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: I will have to try to do this, keep the same way. Today I tried to do it again, but it was too late in the third set. I was playing very aggressive in the first set, and then as soon as I became a little bit too defensive, the match turned. And then when I did it again, I was coming back in the match, but it was a bit late. It's the kind of things I have to keep working on it, for sure.

Q. Were you surprised and impressed by how Mauresmo held her serve when she got a break up in the third and serving for the match?

JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE: No, I think that she her victory at The Championships last year, Melbourne, and her results gave her a lot of confidence. But it's true that she never, you know, came down on her serve. She was serving great. A lot of first serves. That's been probably the biggest difference between us today.

AllezCumonJiayou
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Is anyone else starting to like Justine a lot more after today's loss and her reaction to it?

trivfun
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:49 PM
She reminds me of Ken Rosewall when he lost to Rod Laver in 1968 when he won the French that year.

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:51 PM
She reminds me of Ken Rosewall when he lost to Rod Laver in 1968 when he won the French that year.

Why? :shrug:

Hots4Safin
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Is anyone else starting to like Justine a lot more after today's loss and her reaction to it?

No.

I think it's funny that she says achieving the French Wimby double IS possible b/c SHE came very close to doing it. I would have liked to be in the interview room to remind her that we KNOW it's possible b/c Serena did it 4 years ago.

And when Amelie was accepting her trophy JHH was shaking her head at Amelie as if to say it wasn't b/c she was tired, then she gets in the post match interview and says just that, i was tired. :o

UncleZeke
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Nice interview. Justine had a fantastic last 6 weeks, winning Roland Garros, Eastbourne and Finals of Wimbledon. She played well, but Amelie held her nerves and serve today, and is a deserving Champion..

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:25 PM
oh she felt fine going into the final, but now she says she's tired. sore loser.

jazzfuzion
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:37 PM
oh she felt fine going into the final, but now she says she's tired. sore loser.

hahaha you're such an excessive and unnecessary person,points(as in whatever points you have been trying to make about justine being a sore loser) have all been taken!

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:43 PM
hahaha you're such an excessive and unnecessary person,points(as in whatever points you have been trying to make about justine being a sore loser) have all been taken!

Jazz

Take no notice of SAEKeith, they are a well-known Justine hater and bashes Justine for no reason whatsoever. They are still very bitter about a certain situation. Also, you will notice that SAEKeith doesn't make any sense when they post, so best to put them on ignore ... most other posters have. What I am laughing at is SAEKeith saying "before the match she wasn't tired, after the match she says she was" .... arn't most people tired after playing a 2 hour Wimbledon Grand Slam? :lol:

See what I mean about SAEKeith's posts not making sense? :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:14 PM

No.

Her actions during the OZ 06 slam overide her comments after the loss.

crazillo
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Very honest statements. She sounds disappointed, yet makes no excuses.

thrust
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Justine was talking about HER possibly winning Wimbledon after winning the FO. If she were to win Paris next year, she should probably skip Eastbourne. After playing a tough two hour final, the loser always feels tired. The winner is tired too, but is on such a high that they don^t feel it.

Floydrose
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:30 PM
No.

I think it's funny that she says achieving the French Wimby double IS possible b/c SHE came very close to doing it. I would have liked to be in the interview room to remind her that we KNOW it's possible b/c Serena did it 4 years ago.

And when Amelie was accepting her trophy JHH was shaking her head at Amelie as if to say it wasn't b/c she was tired, then she gets in the post match interview and says just that, i was tired. :o

Life is hard for you. Justine was talking about HER possibility to win RG and Wimbledon straight. She had doubt about it before.

JustineTime
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Justine was talking about HER possibly winning Wimbledon after winning the FO. If she were to win Paris next year, she should probably skip Eastbourne. After playing a tough two hour final, the loser always feels tired. The winner is tired too, but is on such a high that they don^t feel it.

It's kind of a two-edged sword, isn't it? On the one hand, she needed Eastbourne to give her match play so she wasn't caught unprepared early in the tournament, yet the extra week of stress and strain may well have been too much at the end of the fortnight. :shrug:

MY suggestion: lose earlier at Eastbourne, Justine! Give yourself a few extra days of rest. :shrug: :o :lol:

JustineTime
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:49 PM
BTW, I for one think Justine was extremely gracious in defeat, despite what the naysayers(who are gonna take shots at her no matter what :shrug: :rolleyes: ) may say or think.

As for the "anomaly with Amelie", I am sorry I posted after AO that I was :o for Justine. Considering all she's been through, who am I to presume what she thought or felt? :o Would a w/o title have been less valid? Amelie at any rate seems never to have questioned the validity of her victory, so what ANYone else thinks is entirely irrelevant. :shrug:

The Crow
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:02 AM

Wouldn't you better interrupt the reporter asking that 'stupid' question then?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:19 AM
She was extremely gracious during the inteview....the on court head shakes however...NOT so gracious. Like I've said before, I honestly don't care for her as a player (in terms of her integrity), but as a person, I've seen new sides to her that make me NOT hate her. I think she can be petty and bitchy, but in this interview she took the high road and gave all credit to the WINNER of the match, Mauresmo!

Danči Dementia
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:03 AM

Hell no no no no :o :o :o I'm so so glad she lost.(and she won't be number one :) )

And even so much more glad 'cos Amelie won :bounce: :bounce:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM

Hell naw

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:10 AM

Ah .... but you have to be intelligent or at least have some common sense to realise that .... the poster who was confused because Justine said she was tired, but didn't use tired as an excuse for the match :retard:, obviously has no intelligence or common sense, or is just so full of hatred that they don't even realise what they are writing and that it makes no sense at all :haha:

It's most probably the latter ... especially after reading this thread and seeing what posters wrote that she said etc.... :haha:

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Hell no no no no :o :o :o I'm so so glad she lost.(and she won't be number one :) )

And even so much more glad 'cos Amelie won :bounce: :bounce:

She'll be no. 1 much quicker than the two in your sig will ever be :haha: :devil:

Then you'll really be pissed won't ya? :lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Hell naw

Thank gawd for that ..... phew Justine got lucky there!

trivfun
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Why? :shrug:

Well if you beat Ken Rosewall, you really earned your money just like beating Justine. Ken had a nice backhand but not a good forehand or a serve but acceptable. Yet, Ken was fast and about Justine's height. You can never get a ball by him and even if you did, he would throw his racquet.The thing about Ken, you could lose to him but If you beat him, you were going to lose the next match, guranteed that is why you prefered to face him in the finals. In wins and loses, Ken was a consumate professional like his rival Rod Laver very focused and intense especially under pressure.

However, Ken never won Wimbledon, he lost to Lew Hoad, Drobny, Newcombe, and Connors in those finals. Yet, he played for more than 25 years.

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Well if you beat Ken Rosewall, you really earned your money just like beating Justine. Ken had a nice backhand but not a good forehand or a serve but acceptable. Yet, Ken was fast and about Justine's height. You can never get a ball by him and even if you did, he would throw his racquet.The thing about Ken, you could lose to him but If you beat him, you were going to lose the next match, guranteed that is why you prefered to face him in the finals. In wins and loses, Ken was a consumate professional like his rival Rod Laver very focused and intense especially under pressure.

However, Ken never won Wimbledon, he lost to Lew Hoad, Drobny, Laver, Newcombe, and Connors in those finals. Yet, he played for more than 25 years..

Thanks for that information .... very intereting and I would say the comparison is very similar .... although I hope the he never won Wimbledon part is dis-similar! :D

gladysharon
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:23 AM
No.

I think it is very unfair analysing THIS MUCH on what Justine spoke. Her english is not fluent enough and there you are trying to investigate every single word that she says...it is with people like you who just wouldn't let go of things that do not please you that creates such a hatred for players on this board. Same thing as in life...avoid doing such things to people when they write or talk...really unfair. I'm speaking from experience, man!
Please, let go off that.

Brooklyn90
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Take no notice of SAEKeith, they are a well-known Justine hater and bashes Justine for no reason whatsoever.
and ur a serena hater for no reason. And many ppl have reasons why they don't like justine!

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:26 AM
I think it is very unfair analysing THIS MUCH on what Justine spoke. Her english is not fluent enough and there you are trying to investigate every single word that she says...it is with people like you who just wouldn't let go of things that do not please you that creates such a hatred for players on this board. Please, let go off that.

It's people like the one you are referring to that cause hatred the world over and hatred for certain races! :devil:

trivfun
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Thanks for that information .... very intereting and I would say the comparison is very similar .... although I hope the he never won Wimbledon part is dis-similar! :D

It was said that Ken Rosewall won a lot of tight matches against Laver, though he never beat him in Wimbledon.

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:28 AM
and ur a serena hater for no reason. And many ppl have reasons why they don't like justine!

I'm not a Serena nor Venus hater! I am Serena and Venus Williams fan hater! I dislike their fans not the players! :D

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:30 AM
It was said that Ken Rosewall won a lot of tight matches against Laver, though he never beat him in Wimbledon.

Oh god I hope that isn't true of Justine for the future! :tape:

Similar to Ivan Lendl isn't it? He won plenty of matches, but just could bag Wimby!

Wonder what the problem is wth Wimby?

Rocketta
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:24 AM

there maybe people who are but I'm not one of them. :D

tenn_ace
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:54 AM
No.

Her actions during the OZ 06 slam overide her comments after the loss.

agreed

Reuchlin
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Oh god I hope that isn't true of Justine for the future! :tape:

Similar to Ivan Lendl isn't it? He won plenty of matches, but just could bag Wimby!

Wonder what the problem is wth Wimby?
It's Wimby for some and the French Open for others. These two slams prove to be the most problematical to win.

moby
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:43 AM
It's Wimby for some and the French Open for others. These two slams prove to be the most problematical to win.Not for Borg. He did the double more times than any other player, and didn't really apply at the Australian or US.

égalité
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:35 AM

Noooope. '03 RG still happened.

Dexter
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:48 AM
So classy from Justine :worship: Good luck into hardcourt's season :hug:

F*ck off haters.

butch
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:29 PM
justine was obviously disappointed, and not without reasons. She was 3 games away from being only the 10th woman in history to have achieved the career grand slam. That would have put her on a different level to people like hingis, venus, maria, davenport etc. I definitely wanted her to win, but I'm starting to become a big fan of Mauresmo. I've seen her play a couple fo times this year and she is a tremendous talent and a great personality! Well done Amelie, you deserved this one!

Melly Flew Us
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:38 PM
It's people like the one you are referring to that cause hatred the world over and hatred for certain races! :devil:
which races? is this an in-house joke or are you able to clarify?

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM

AMEN:hug:

mykarma
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Why would they, her response was nothing special?

mykarma
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM
:worship::worship::worship:

Brooklyn90
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Why would they, her response was nothing special?
lol i know, ppl get so happy when she acts somewhat like a norman human

trivfun
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Not for Borg. He did the double more times than any other player, and didn't really apply at the Australian or US.

That was because Borg never played the Australian Open but only once and that was in 1974 or 1975. US Open, he complained about the glare of the lights during night matches.