PDA

View Full Version : Momo becomes just the 3rd 27-year-old GS winner since 1990

vogus
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
she joins Novotna (1) and Graf (3). Maybe the start of a trend of older GS champions?

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM
You see, age is just a number :eek: What is your obsession with it anyway? :shrug:

LoveFifteen
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Yes, this will be the trend because the next generation is not very good (except for Sharapova).

Bounty Hunter
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I'm very happy for Amelie. I really am! She needs to win Roland Garros!!

vogus
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Yes, this will be the trend because the next generation is not very good (except for Sharapova).

i'm thinking the same.

ToeTag
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I found it odd that Ted Robinson would make point of saying that women's tennis is "increasingly dominated by teenagers".

HUH? It is? Thats funny it seems the only teen who seems to have a chance at winning a slam is Maria, and this time next year she will no longer be a teen.

I have no interest in watching a sport that is dominated by teens anyway, but his comment was rather stupid, and it will probably be repeated by ppl who don't follow tennis.

SelesFan70
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM

Come back, Monica! :sad:

vogus
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I found it odd that Ted Robinson would make point of saying that women's tennis is "increasingly dominated by teenagers".

HUH? It is? Thats funny it seems the only teen who seems to have a chance at winning a slam is Maria, and this time next year she will no longer be a teen.

I have no interest in watching a sport that is dominated by teens anyway, but his comment was rather stupid, and it will probably be repeated by ppl who don't follow tennis.

Robinson figures that if this was true in 1998, it must also be true in 2006. :o

LoveFifteen
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I have no interest in watching a sport that is dominated by teens anyway

I agree. The day I start hearing phrases like "Australian Open Winner Nicole Vaidisova" or "French Open defending champ Ana Ivanovic", I'm turning off the TV. :lol: