Jul 8th, 2006, 03:51 PM
:hatoff: :yeah: :bigclap:

Well done, Amelie! You did it! :)

I was half-rooting for her in spite of myself. :shrug: :tape: :o

:lol:

I'll say it again: GREAT JOB, Amelie! :hatoff:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
:worship::worship::worship:Amelie... you beat Justine convincingly today... and I have my utmost respect for you :worship::worship::worship:

:bounce:2006 Wimbledon Champion... AMELIE MAURESMO!!! :bounce:

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Agreed! Well done Amelie! It was tough not being proud of the way she played today.

Both women deserved their round of ovation from the Wimby crowd!

auntie janie
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Beautiful match from Amélie and a well-deserved victory! Congratulations to all devoted Amélie fans. :worship:

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM
thanks for her :D

Bероника
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks JustineTime!!!That's nice from you and don't worry I'm sure Juju will win Wimbledon too one day ;)

rottweily
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:07 PM
She was indeed the best today.

Archer
I know, it is so incredibly hard to begrudge her the trophy, isn't it? ;) Even though it's the second year in a row that someone I was rooting for so much went out in a tight three-setter in the final :fiery:

I was so incredibly disppointed when Justine put the last one out, but seeing Mauresmo so happy made me smile inspite of myself, she really is a very likeable person.

Though I must admit I thought she was being just slightly bitchy when she made that remark about Justine being tired, it seemed like she felt that people would possibly use that as an excuse for Justine losing, and wanted to cut that off or something? :confused: Though I'm probably being paranoid or just slightly resentful :p , and anyway it hardly matters.

So yeah congratulations Amelie!! You did an INCREDIBLE job of holding your nerve (I guess she used up her entire nervousness quota against Maria in the second, eh?;) ) and serving it out, especially when I'm quite sure the whole of the tennis world was thinking, "Can she finally do it?"

Lady
Lol, I wasn't rooting for her ;) But she played better today.

And Congrats to true Amelie fans, they've been through so much themselves. :)

VivalaSeles
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
The best player on the day won :D The two best players of the tounament got to the final :D I want to watch many more Amélie vs Juju GS finals :D

malaye
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Way to go Amélie :worship: You deserved the win. Justine sumed it up perfectly : you were just too good today.

R. Federer
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Congrats to both players!
AMELIE: even in her victory speech, was so gracious to Justine, saying Juju may be tired.....
Amelie rocks! Justine, you will have many more chances

loppy
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Congrats Amelie. The better player won today!

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Congratulations Amelie :yeah: .... as Justine said ... you played better than her and played an excellent match! :hatoff:

The Crow
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM
She was the better player today. And above that she didn't give Justine much of a chance for a fight. So a totally deserved win!

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I am.... :wavey:

Well us Justine fans get on really well and can say anything we like to each other .... so I'll say this to you .... piss off you idiot and get out of this thread and go get a life! OK? :devil:

purplerain
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
congrats to amelie :yeah:

Yasmine
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM
:worship: great sport JustineFan;) and all Juju fans actually have shown some class, Justine is a champion and will have her chance again at Wimbledon title :yeah:

maximus82
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Woo hoo to Amelie! I was rooting for Justine, but like someone else said, I can't help but smile when I see Amelie with the trophey!

Let's hope they meet in the final of the USO as well :)

Archer
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Let's hope they meet in the final of the USO as well :)

ALLEZ! :drool:

thrust
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Amelie played fabulous grass court tennis, the last two sets. Justine was outstanding in the first set. Both played well in the last set, but Amelie was just better and thoroughly deserved her victory. Congrats to Amelie^s fans! You have been through hell for a few years but this year Amelie has made it worth it for all of you. Your loyalty to her has been most admirable.

Astro Jetson
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:58 PM
:worship:

Dexter
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Nice thread :)... Congrats Amelie!

moby
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Obviously I'm bummed, but great performance Amelie.
Your serves on the deuce court were too good.

Kart
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Nice thread :yeah:.

TS
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I know this says Justine fans (and I wouldn't call myself one), but this is the first time in a long time where fans of both finalists are pretty well behaved and civil to eachother after a big Slam final. Nice to see :)

komorli
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Well done Amelie. you deserved this win very much! :yeah:

new-york
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
fresh and classy initiative. congrats to both women for having such a fantastic year.

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
It's kind of strange that momo and juju fans are behaving well, for the most part...
It hasn't always been the case :lol::yeah:

Yasmine
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:18 PM
It's kind of strange that momo and juju fans are behaving well, for the most part...
It hasn't always been the case :lol::yeah:
true but it's better to stay positive about things;) both sides are classy and it's great to see :worship:

ans
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I think amélie can touch touch everyone's heart.
She proved she also deserved that AO-trophy.
Great tennis, nice final!

Justine, don't be sad, you can have the trophy next year;)

franny
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Amelie totally proved herself. I'm very very impressed and I am now convinced that she is a deserving number 1.

auntie janie
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Amelie played fabulous grass court tennis, the last two sets. Justine was outstanding in the first set. Both played well in the last set, but Amelie was just better and thoroughly deserved her victory. Congrats to Amelie^s fans! You have been through hell for a few years but this year Amelie has made it worth it for all of you. Your loyalty to her has been most admirable.

Well said! :worship: I am a huge fan of Amélie's loyal fanbase for what they've been through over the years. So happy that your unwavering devotion to this outstandingly talented player finally paid off. :hug: And she's only 27! I hope these two will meet in many more great finals for years to come. When Justine loses to sweet Amélie, the suffering for a lot of us Justine fans is much less than a loss to many others would cause us! :eek:

MinnyGophers
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Even though I'm a fan of both players, it was Amelie's time.
Justine is young, so I'm sure she get her hands on one soon :)

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:03 PM
amelie, you will forever be let alone in this talk about being an unworthy #1 with a fluke slam....you are the number 1 player in the world. Hats off Amelie, you are a worthy champion and finally living up to your potential that we all saw back in 1999. Congratulations!

tard~tard
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Congratulations and thanks to both players
for this great Wimbledon final.

You were impressive today Amélie Mauresmo!

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Congratulations and thanks to both players
for this great Wimbledon final.

You were impressive today Amélie Mauresmo!coming from you it's really impressive :yeah: :)

treufreund
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:44 PM
wow i wanted juju but still felt really happy for Amelie. And both girls were so classy. Was a nice match!!!

partbrit
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Thank you to all Justine fans. Justine is a fantastic player. It is nice to know that you see how gifted Amelie is, too.