PDA

View Full Version : amélie is now a double slam champion !!

alextim
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:43 PM
she quites myskina, sharapova, kuznetsova, clijsters ... she changes of category!!

marmite1
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Shes no one slam wonder.

Williamsser
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:46 PM
at age 27, too!

Yasmine
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
oi oi oi add one thing: 2 the same year how about that :devil:

forever_rafter
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM
:) It's no fluke

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:49 PM
definitely NOT! =) she def. earned this one, beating 3 GS champions on the way.

Hannah-Louise
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Our Ame is no fluke! what a difference a year makes. 2 in one year good going.

Yasmine
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Hannah-Louise, you need to Add Wimbly 2006 champion in your siggy :hearts:

Bероника
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:06 PM
:bounce: yes,the talent was always there,I'm so happy the results are finally coming.OUI OUI OUI!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!

Linnie
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:07 PM
:worship:

squig2k
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:08 PM
she definitely deserved these slams after a long while trying ^^

cs0803
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I'm so pleased for her!! Absolutely brilliant!!

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
:aparty:

I can't believe it, I can't believe it :speakles::aparty:
Momo, now party hard :smooch: and I hope Les Bleus win as well :D

Fabunny
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Good things come to those who wait. Mauresmo waited a very long time for a Grand Slam title and now this year she gets 2. :bounce: :bounce:

selesfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
:worship: :worship:

loppy
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Congrats Amelie for winning the big W!

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Magnifique Amélie! :worship: J'en reste tout retourné :hearts:

Hannah-Louise
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:12 PM
i know i need to but sadly due to computer issues this is the 1st time iv been able to get on the internet in far too long, so have no Vcash to sort it out...putting in loadsa well done momo posts to help my cause as my siggy is looking lonely without it.

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
:aparty:

I can't believe it, I can't believe it :speakles::aparty:
Momo, now party hard :smooch: and I hope Les Bleus win as well :D

this week end will going crasy!!!!!!!!!

Amélie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!je t'aimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gif

lolo21
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM
she quites myskina, sharapova, kuznetsova, clijsters ... she changes of category!!

Kim,Kuzni and perhaps Sharapova will probably have a few others in the future as they are still very young

i think Kim will win the next US OPEN and become a double slam champion like Amelie this year :)

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
yes she is, lovessssssssss it!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5b/full.getty-71355443dm103_wimbledon_cha_11_25_48_am.jpg

sapir1434
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM
:awww: :awww: two slams :hearts:

narrisch
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
:worship:

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
i know i need to but sadly due to computer issues this is the 1st time iv been able to get on the internet in far too long, so have no Vcash to sort it out...putting in loadsa well done momo posts to help my cause as my siggy is looking lonely without it.little present for you to change your siggy ;)

dav abu
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:28 PM
what a great champion - todays win is so richly deserved! I love Amelie (and was actually interviewed live on radio today along with two Justine fans) but I have to say I'm ecstatic for her true, hardcore support - you are and have always been absolutely fantastic!!

PatrickRyan
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Congrats Amelie!

The Daviator
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Philly, YEC, AO, Paris, Antwerp, Wimbledon!

Amazing time for Amelie and her fans :D

UncleZeke
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Once might be considered luck. Twice is SKILL. She joins Mary now with 2 GS.. With her 2 GS, she is also a YEC winner and winner of 6 tier I championships. Amelie is a well deserved #1 in the world..

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Once might be considered luck. Twice is SKILL. She joins Mary now with 2 GS.. With her 2 GS, she is also a YEC winner and winner of 6 tier I championships. Amelie is a well deserved #1 in the world..

no one can tell such bullshits now like that she is lucky,undeserved n°1 etc...

she dit it!!she is a 2 slam winner!!and its just the beggining!!!!!! :devil: :cool:

shirley
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:47 PM
She deserves it! Double Grand Slam Champion, it was a nice ring to it. Very Many Congratulations to all of Amelie's fans http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/blobs/boldlblue.gif

UncleZeke
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Believe it is just the beginning also. With her maturity, and her confidence growing with each important victory, she is in her prime and the sky is the limit. go Amelie !!

RaDiCaLgIrL♥FG
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Her draw is bad this time and she can still win! :eek: She totally deserves it! :kiss:

Veenut
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Congratulations to Momo and her fans!!! I didn't see the 1st set so I don't know what happen but it was nice going for the remaining two sets. It was wonderful to watch her reveling in the joy and happiness on Center Court.

JulesVerne
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Winning a lot in 12 months; YE event, AO & Wimbledon. What next US Open?

She plays the wrong sort of tennis to win the FO.

Barbarela
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

What a wonderful victory! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Slumpsova
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM
damn it Kim :(

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:58 PM
As far as i am concerned Amelia won 2 grand slams yesterday :worship: ;)

Gerri
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Two in a season is damn good going :worship: It was annoying that the commentators didn't mention her even as a possible winner at the start. Best way to silence the idiots :lol: Good on ya :kiss:

Sonja
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:00 AM
And now carries a winning percentage in Grand Slam Finals 2 to 1 ;)

Hope we see this number increase :D

Bumsby
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:04 AM
If you put YEC along with the big tournaments, she's won 3 out of the last 4 majors played.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Amelie :hearts: :worship:

Marshmallow
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:15 AM
2 Majors in the same year. This hadn't been done for 2 years. I can't praise her enough. I just think it is REALLY impressive that we have seen a person overcome their nerves and their fears - in front of us. Over the years we have seen her 'choke', get tight or whatever. But she learned from her failures, and she fought hard, not just to win the title, but to get into the finals, and into the semi's, and into the quarters. She defeated her demons, and showed some courage and great tennis.

It isn't necessarily inspirational, but it is damn impressive and pleasure to watch.

AMAZING!

Ceze
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:33 AM
If you put YEC along with the big tournaments, she's won 3 out of the last 4 majors played.:D great achievement! :worship:

Sonja
Jul 10th, 2006, 02:03 AM
If you put YEC along with the big tournaments, she's won 3 out of the last 4 majors played.

That looks even better *drinks to that*

Miranda
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:01 AM
oh yes, no longer a "one slam wonder", i am so happy for her :lol: :bounce:

bandabou
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Impressive....and the funny thing is. Momo, widely considered as one of the weakest no.1 ever mentally, beat Justine, considered one of the strongest mentally player of the current generation, to win both of her majors.

explorer
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Impressive....and the funny thing is. Momo, widely considered as one of the weakest no.1 ever mentally, beat Justine, considered one of the strongest mentally player of the current generation, to win both of her majors.
There is nothing funny here. Justine was ill in the AO final. Everyone knows how difficult to win RG and Wimby back-to-back. Justine is human, she can also get tired after winning RG, Eastbourne and reaching the final of Wimby. If you considering her size and medical history, what Justine has achieved in the last 6 weeks is outstanding, even though she lost in Wimby final.

Slumpsova
Jul 10th, 2006, 10:25 AM
OMG bandabou. it's been like ages since you went away :wavey:

fifiricci
Jul 10th, 2006, 10:28 AM
There is nothing funny here. Justine was ill in the AO final. Everyone knows how difficult to win RG and Wimby back-to-back. Justine is human, she can also get tired after winning RG, Eastbourne and reaching the final of Wimby. If you considering her size and medical history, what Justine has achieved in the last 6 weeks is outstanding, even though she lost in Wimby final.

Maybe next year then Justine will skip RG so she can concentrate on winning the one GS title that still eludes her and prevents her being a true "great" (in tennis terms only of course) ;)

fifiricci
Jul 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM

Ooh, we struggling Kimmy fans were shouted down in the most horrible ways when we tried to bump up Kim's achievements that way! :lol:

Hope you have better luck - but what the fuck, Amelie is already "greater" than Kim :lol:

Yasmine
Jul 10th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Ooh, we struggling Kimmy fans were shouted down in the most horrible ways when we tried to bump up Kim's achievements that way! :lol:

Hope you have better luck - but what the fuck, Amelie is already "greater" than Kim :lol:
:lol: fifi let's leave Kim's struggling fans be shouted down in CCL;) And don't compare those two, they're both great and achieved a lot, 10 times than most fans around this board would dare hoping for their faves :angel:

hwanmig
Jul 10th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Maybe next year then Justine will skip RG so she can concentrate on winning the one GS title that still eludes her and prevents her being a true "great" (in tennis terms only of course)

I don't think Justine will ever do that, Paris is very important to her.

Lemonskin.
Jul 10th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Well said :p

Sam L
Jul 10th, 2006, 11:58 AM
She's here to stay!

Jakeev
Jul 10th, 2006, 11:58 AM
What a class act. Hope she becomes a major factor and inspiration for French tennis.

fifiricci
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:19 PM
:lol: fifi let's leave Kim's struggling fans be shouted down in CCL;) And don't compare those two, they're both great and achieved a lot, 10 times than most fans around this board would dare hoping for their faves :angel:

I was only joking Yas ;) Kim and Amelie have both had great careers and may they both continue to do so. If we are counting YEC wins, Kim and Amelie are tied at 3 a piece anwyay, so on reflection they are just about level pegging at the moment.

There are already many comparisons to be made between these two: both great players, both very nice people on and off the court, both "late developers" in tennis terms, both previously labelled "chokers".

I wish both of them well for the rest of the year, and wouldn't a Kim v Amelie USO final be a corker? ;)

Yasmine
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I wish both of them well for the rest of the year, and wouldn't a Kim v Amelie USO final be a corker? ;)
:eek: oh dear no! I would be hiding under a duvet or I dunno doing the dishes or anything you don't usually do in the middle of the night :lol: (a bit like you were in the USopen final last year :devil: ) cos I wouldn't want to see either of them lose :help:

although it would be nice yeah :angel: and I would love for Kim to win a slam as well this year;)

sapir1434
Jul 10th, 2006, 01:07 PM
She's here to stay!
Yeah she is :angel:

Bumsby
Jul 10th, 2006, 02:43 PM
If we are counting YEC wins, Kim and Amelie are tied at 3 a piece anwyay, so on reflection they are just about level pegging at the moment.
Wait... Amé spent more weeks at #1 ... :lol: just kidding ;)

I'd sign it right away... another slam final this year for Amé :p
If Kim is on it would be tough for Momo... but for sure there would be hugs and kisses at the net, not just a cold handshake :tape: ;)

:wavey:

SelesFan70
Jul 10th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I will eat crow and say I really didn't think she could do it...she cost me a lot of v-cash, but I'm sooooooooooo not mad! :D

Congratulations to her and her fans! :wavey:

lolo21
Sep 10th, 2006, 11:16 AM

....but now Maria joined Amelie in the double GS champions clan :)

Coffee&TV
Sep 10th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Amelie you :rocker:

Uranus
Sep 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Two slams, though I still believe Clijsters is a far better player. She just couldn't get it together in Slams.