PDA

View Full Version : Woah...what was with the shaking head from Justine?

nbaker53
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM
:eek: Did you catch that? :o

junlee_vee
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
I'm not one to like Justine...but I think she was just disagreeing with Momo when she said that Justine was tired and that played a part in the match. :shrug:

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
During Mauresmo speech, she said she thought the match came down to "physical." Justine shook her head "no."

No biggie. Mauresmo has a right to her opinion. Justine didn't agree.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I'm not one to like Justine...but I think she was just disagreeing with Momo when she said that she was tired and that played a part in the match. :shrug:

yea... it was a bit bitchy, but how would u like it if someone said something about you that you felt was totally not true, especially considering your history in the past! =)

but otherwise, i felt justine was gracious in her runner-up acceptance speech.

harloo
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I'm not one to like Justine...but I think she was just disagreeing with Momo when she said that she was tired and that played a part in the match. :shrug:

Exactly.

LH2HBH
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I think Mauresmo was trying to justify for JHH why she might be tired and JHH was shaking her head trying to give the credit back to Momo. That's All.

vwfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not one to like Justine...but I think she was just disagreeing with Momo when she said that Justine was tired and that played a part in the match. :shrug:that's what I thought, too.

Tennis Fool
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Not just shaking her head but looking at her box :lol:

Yeah, she didn't agree with being tired for the match. I think Amelie was just speaking without thinking at that moment.

treufreund
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:38 PM
what the hell?? Justine shaking her head was PURE CLASS!!! She was giving the credit to AMELIE!!!

eck
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:38 PM
No need to make a big fuss out of this. :)

Reuchlin
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Who the hell does Amelie think she is---Just because she won Wimbledon she thinks she can tell players how to feel?

Lady
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Amelie knew very well what she was saying, which wasn't very nice of her.
(But Ok, that's probably my cynical side talking).

selesfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I think Mauresmo was trying to justify for JHH why she might be tired and JHH was shaking her head trying to give the credit back to Momo. That's All.

That was it. Justine was giving credit back to Amelie because then the reporter told Amelie it was due to her play that she won

yes_sir
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I think amelie was maybe looking for an excuse for Justine.

selesfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM

I don't think Amelie meant it to be mean, I think she was trying to be humble.

Lady
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I don't think Amelie meant it to be mean, I think she was trying to be humble.

It's Ok, we'll never know anyway (probably).

eck
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I think she was joking a little, if she said it, that's like finding a reason to say why she won other than the fact that she was the better player.

SelesFan70
I'm not one to like Justine...but I think she was just disagreeing with Momo when she said that Justine was tired and that played a part in the match. :shrug:

I agree. It was like Justine was saying:

"No, Amelie! You played better today! You earned it and you deserve it! Give yourself credit!" :smash:

The Crow
I'm not too sure why Amelie said that. My cynical side is with Lady's cynical side that she didn't mean it sincerely and it was a dig at what happened in AO.

tommyk75
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Justine was a classy loser today. I thought she and Amelie were both very sporting today.

GoSandrine
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Originally I thought Amelie was just giving credit to Justine for a great FO and how tired she must be after playing so much tennis the past few weeks. After I saw Justine shake her head I wondered if she was interpreting Amelie's comments as sarcasm.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but if Amelie was being bitchy I wouldn't blame her after what happened in Oz.

Amelie :yeah:

Pasta-Na
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
henin played well, give her some space pls :fiery:

JustineTime
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I think amelie was maybe looking for an excuse for Justine.

Thanks, but no thanks. :tape:

marmite1
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Originally I thought Amelie was just giving credit to Justine for a great FO and how tired she must be after playing so much tennis the past few weeks. After I saw Justine shake her head I wondered if she was interpreting Amelie's comments as sarcasm.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but if Amelie was being bitchy I wouldn't blame her after what happened in Oz.

Amelie :yeah:

I dont think amelie seemed like she was being sarcastic at all.

Astro Jetson
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I also found it odd from Amelie to come up with that. Not thinking clearly at that moment. And yeah, Justine just wanted to point out that she wasn't tired at all but outplayed. And I can't believe people find it surprising that Justine is gracious in defeat. :confused: She usually is.

eck
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:58 PM
hopefully this heals those wounds in AO.
Pity they didn't hug.

Hagar
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I'm not too sure why Amelie said that. My cynical side is with Lady's cynical side that she didn't mean it sincerely and it was a dig at what happened in AO.

I don't think it was a dig. Just trying to give an answer that made some sense in reply to ole' Sue's questions. The message she tried to bring across was that Justine's loss had nothing to do with herself being better, just being the best player on that particular dig.

But even if it was a dig, she would have been bloody entitled to give a dig. I doubt however if giving digs is Amélie's style, especially not in a moment where she was on cloud nine. Boy, was she happy, so great to see her like that.

Hannah-Louise
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:02 PM
i agree with those who said she was throwing the credit back to ame. ame was being too modest and justine was just reacting. but justine does need a rest now.

DevilishAttitude
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM

There is no need. Amelie has every right :rolleyes:

I highly doubt Justine cares anyway. She has the more slam wins.

Anyway, this is Amelie's day, we don't need bitching about her comments.

Amelie :kiss:

sky20748
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
plain and simple.the lesser of two evils won.momo is ok but she talks smack at times too.she made it thru because others didnt.congrats anyway.and no last years final was the bomb.the emotions and the fight.this one was ok.but last years was the real deal.i am glad that she beat justine becasue the AO was a disgrace.now momo is validated.

The Crow
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Nice sig Hagar.

selesfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I don't think Amelie was being sarcastic, she seemed a little nervous to me.

Floydrose
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I don't think Amelie was being sarcastic, she seemed a little nervous to me.

I think Amélie was finding a way to reconciliate with Justine. All honors is hers.

Meeek
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Henin herself agreed to something the interviewer said, about having played lots of tournaments and being tired. Amelie just picked up on that. Henin shaking her head? :ras:

DEETHELICK
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Justine said to Sue 'I feel a little bit tired after the past few weeks' (FO, Eastbourne, Wimby Final).

Amelie was trying to say that Justine's tiredness may have had an outcome on the match, to which Sue said to Amelie, you played really good serve-volley tennis i.e. trying to make Amelie take credit for her win.

Amelie was actually justifying Henin's performance. She didn't have to of course, but she was giving her take on what justine herself had said a few moments before.

However the handshake was very brief and quick...

LoveFifteen
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM
To be honest, let's place the blame where it really should be ... Sue Barker. Come up with some better questions, you tired old ho!

cellophane
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:29 PM
To be honest, let's place the blame where it really should be ... Sue Barker. Come up with some better questions, you tired old ho!

:lol:

Interviewers ask such banal questions.

The Crow
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:31 PM
LoveFifteen, you're quite right.

And maybe amelie did really mean it, I dunno :confused:

SM
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:33 PM
There is no need. Amelie has every right :rolleyes:

I highly doubt Justine cares anyway. She has the more slam wins.

Anyway, this is Amelie's day, we don't need bitching about her comments.

Amelie :kiss:
she may have more slam wins but this is wimbeldon we are talking about. something justine has not won yet , something she needs to complete her slam collection, something that is generally perceived as the biggest title to win.

justine will be back, and after seeing her this year especially in set1, i think shes got a very good chance of adding wimbeldon to complete her collection of slams :)

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I think it was a bit bitchy. Justine said something to the same degree as well. Amelie just agreed with her and a shake to the head happened.

Drake1980
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:34 PM
that was kind of harsh!

thrust
Amelie was implying that because Justine had played so much tennis the past month, she may have been a bit tired. Justine shaking her head was implying that Amelie won because she was the better player today. Both ladies were being gracious. Is that so imposssible to believe? I hope not!

SelesFan70
:lol:

Interviewers ask such banal questions.

Bud Collins to Amelie: "How were the conditions?"

Say what!?!? It was sunny and breezy! Duh... :lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I also found it odd from Amelie to come up with that. Not thinking clearly at that moment. And yeah, Justine just wanted to point out that she wasn't tired at all but outplayed. And I can't believe people find it surprising that Justine is gracious in defeat. :confused: She usually is.

Exactly .... the never ending bashing Justine saga continues :rolleyes: :tape:

Some people have such sad and negative lives don't they? :sad:

Fabunny
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Sue Barker was the one who suggested that Justine may have been physically tired after her successes in the previous weeks and perhaps it contributed to her loss. Justine admitted that she was tired, but said that she had had a good time in her preparation and playing at Wimbledon, but Amelie just played better than her today. I think Justine shook her because she didn't believe her physical condition contributed to the loss and wanted to credit Amelie for the win. :)

Look at the context in which the statement was made. Interview:
Sue Barker said to Justine: It's been such a tough time for you, you won the French, you won Eastbourne, physically, mentally, it's been such a challenge for you over the last few weeks.

Justine responded: Yeah, I'm pretty tired right now, BUT its been a couple of very good weeks for me ... I will get my chance another time.

Sue Barker to Amelie: You've been 3 times in the semifinals and I know you've walked by that trophy many times. What's it like to finally be holding it?

Amelie responded: It feels great. I had 2 great weeks. I really definitely wanted this win today, this trophy, and I don't want anybody to talk about my nerves any more, you know. And, I would like to congratulate Justine. You said it, she was maybe a little bit tired after, of course, the great win at the French and, a couple of weeks in Eastbourne; so physically, maybe a difference also today.

Justine shood her head

Sue to Amelie: You've played great tennis though, great volleys

LH2HBH
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
This thread is the exact reason why we are all just a little bit more fucked up than regular tennis fans! :lol:

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Justine can eat shit, she's bitter.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5b/full.getty-71355443dm103_wimbledon_cha_11_25_48_am.jpg

yayyyyyyyy

Astro Jetson
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Look at the context in which the statement was made.

Couldn't have argumented it better Fabunny :wavey: That's just how it went. But the word "context" is often non-existant on this board and in journalism as a whole :tape:

raquel
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I actually thought Mauresmo put herself down a bit by saying it was part due to Justine's tiredness. Justine shook her head as if to say that was not the case, but for me there was nothing bitchy or "not nice" about what Amelie said.

Bounty Hunter
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Ok people, you know it had nothing to do with what Amelie was saying.

Justine's "hearing aids" were picking up some type of high frequency.

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Justine can eat shit, she's bitter.

Didn't quite get that from Justine's interview.

The only people bitter are the "Hand" people from 2003. And that Hand has five fingers on it, one for every grand slam won! :wavey:

eck
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:55 PM
So she's bitter....
What else will come out from you? ;)

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Didn't quite get that from Justine's interview.

The only people bitter are the "Hand" people from 2003. And that Hand has five fingers on it, one for every grand slam won! :wavey:

:haha:

What a mature post from SAEKeith. Serena must be so proud to have SAEKeith in her fan club! NOT :lol: :lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Ok people, you know it had nothing to do with what Amelie was saying.

Justine's "hearing aids" were picking up some type of high frequency.

Pardon?

What happened to all your other posts? Oh right they were deleted :haha: :haha:

It's not what you know ........ it's who you know! ;) ;)

Lady
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I actually thought Mauresmo put herself down a bit by saying it was part due to Justine's tiredness. Justine shook her head as if to say that was not the case, but for me there was nothing bitchy or "not nice" about what Amelie said.

Yeah, it could be, could be.
I just can't understand why Amelie would put herself down after a win. Especially after AO. ;)

Bounty Hunter
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Pardon?

It's not what you know ........ it's who you know! ;) ;)

No sweetie, it's who you blow.... And you're the best! ;)

Cashif
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Eventho i dont get involve in these kinds of allegations and stuff, today i did find Momo's comments mean and intentional..It sounded to me as if she was making fun at JHH but Juju behaved graciously and gave full credit to Mauresmo..

Tennisation
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Justin was shaking her head because she looked up at her box and there goes Pierre and his BF flirting again

Kart
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Amelie comes across as a nice girl.

To be honest, so does Justine.

Perhaps instead of looking for implied negatives it would be more productive to accept what she actually said - ie. Justine had a great few weeks recently winning in France and Eastbourne.

As for the shaking head, maybe Justine was simply saying she wasn't tired ... so much drama and so little substance :yawn:.

Lady
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:14 PM

Perhaps instead of looking for implied negatives it would be more productive to accept what she actually said - ie. Justine had a great few weeks recently winning in France and Eastbourne.

As for the shaking head, maybe Justine was simply saying she wasn't tired :shrug:.

I definitely thought that Justine didn't want to use tiredness as an excuse, especially after AO, so she shook her head as to say "Not this again".

The funny thing, we'll probably never know anyway, lol.

Randy H
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:22 PM

I agree completely, that's how I saw it. If Amelie wanted to give a dig to Justine this year, lord knows the media have baited her enough times all season with the opportunity to do so, and she hasn't. Amelie's a sweet, shy, and also humble lady, one of the nicest top players you'll see. She showed a lot of class this year by not going out of her way to retaliate or bash Justine, so I have no doubt she wouldn't go down to that level now when she was celebrating the biggest win of her career. Justine shook her head as a sign of respecting what she had stated earlier, which was that Amelie was the better player today. I thought both came across as genuine in their speeches.

lolo21
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:23 PM
i think that Amelie is still a bit angry with Justine(just look at the fact they didn t kiss each other after the match,something they used to do before) ,not so much for the fact she retired in the AO final but in my opinion a lot more because of what Justine said just after this famous final ("it was too easy for Amelie,she only had to push the ball to beat me,etc...")........i like Justine a lot but i think that on this occasion,she was a bit off the base......she was PERHAPS right but she certainly shouldn t have said it.

Fabunny
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I definitely thought that Justine didn't want to use tiredness as an excuse, especially after AO, so she shook her head as to say "Not this again".

The funny thing, we'll probably never know anyway, lol.

Justine made it clear that, while she agreed with Sue that she had played a lot of tennis coming into Wimbledon and was tired, it did not contribute to her loss; Amelie just played better than her today.
It's a non-issue. both ladies were gracious and should be commended. I think that Justine didn't want to take anything away from Amelie's win today

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:32 PM
It seemed a bit bitchy of Justine to do that EVEN THOUGH I know she was just giving credit to Amelie. Oh well...Amelie won anyway, so it doesn't really matter!

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:37 PM
It seemed a bit bitchy of Justine to do that EVEN THOUGH I know she was just giving credit to Amelie. Oh well...Amelie won anyway, so it doesn't really matter!

What was bitchy of Justine? How can giving credit to Amelie be being bitchy?

:secret: and being a Serena fan you sho do know a lot about a player being bitchy ;)

jazzfuzion
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:59 PM
What was bitchy of Justine? How can giving credit to Amelie be being bitchy?

:secret: and being a Serena fan you sho do know a lot about a player being bitchy ;)

You see,a lot of these justine haters just have to juxtapose the word bitchy with justine however illogical and out of point they may sound in certain context.Its like they no longer even read whats posted anymore but immediately click the POST REPLY button and then say recycled things like,"yea justine's such a bitch." or "Yea that hand sucks so bad",when the article might actually be a positive one about justine.So....

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:20 PM
You see,a lot of these justine haters just have to juxtapose the word bitchy with justine however illogical and out of point they may sound in certain context.Its like they no longer even read whats posted anymore but immediately click the POST REPLY button and then say recycled things like,"yea justine's such a bitch." or "Yea that hand sucks so bad",when the article might actually be a positive one about justine.So....

I know ... that's children for you! :rolleyes:

jacobruiz
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I think Amélie was finding a way to reconciliate with Justine. All honors is hers.

Yes! I thought that, too - Amelie was so sweet and kind in her speech, and Justine realized it when she shook her head to show that she wasn't tired, she was just outplayed as she had said in HER speech.

Justine deserves no criticism for this; both girls were extremely classy (an over-used word but appropriate here).

ans
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:03 PM

As for the shaking head, maybe Justine was simply saying she wasn't tired ... so much drama and so little substance :yawn:.

indeed.

but here at wtaworld we have to analyse every word and every move of certain players because mŕybe...just mŕybe...they meant something evil with it.

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:17 PM

Exactly.

StupidCupid
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:35 PM
For those who DID NOT CATCH Justine's comments (before Amelie was being interviewed) get this now and/or refer to the tape if you or someone you know has it.

Justine said she was TIRED after those weeks of playing although she did not say whether this contributed to her lost today. So, what did she really meant ?? SHE WAS TIRED AND THAT WAS WHY SHE DID NOT WIN TODAY. If she did not think that was the excuse of losing why did she say it ????

And, what do you think Amelie was trying to do by saying that Justine was tired ?? Agreeing with Justine that that maybe be the thing that had caused a difference today !! She was just being gracious and sportsmanlike. How come nobody got it ??

Frankly, I dislike Justine even more today. I will never have respect for her, ever. I think Amelie is, by far, the more tired one with the number of sets she played, the mental problem she had to overcome and people's comments about her nerves on a daily basis, that she had to overcome and play with focus.

StupidCupid
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:46 PM
For those who DID NOT CATCH Justine's comments (before Amelie was being interviewed) get this now and/or refer to the tape if you or someone you know has it.

Justine said she was TIRED after those weeks of playing although she did not say whether this contributed to her lost today. So, what did she really meant ?? SHE WAS TIRED AND THAT WAS WHY SHE DID NOT WIN TODAY. If she did not think that was the excuse of losing why did she say it ????

And, what do you think Amelie was trying to do by saying that Justine was tired ?? Agreeing with Justine that that maybe be the thing that had caused a difference today !! She was just being gracious and sportsmanlike. How come nobody got it ?? Why did Justine shook her head ??? What a hypocript !!!

Frankly, I dislike Justine even more today. I will never have respect for her, ever. I think Amelie is, by far, the more tired one with the number of sets she played lately, the mental problem she had to overcome and people's bombardments about her nerves on a daily basis, that she had to overcome and play with focus.

If you had played cometitive tennis before or other sports before, you will know how mentally and physically draining all those have to be, even your body do not relax during sleep. Versus someone who was not faced with that kind of pressure and had just won some titles (including a GS) the last few weeks.

MinnyGophers
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I cannot understand the shit stirring going on... "Amelie was being mean", "Justine was being unclassy".

Even just reading the interviews, you CAN TELL that they were just being modest and trying to credit each other. How is saying that your opponent might have been tired a dig? How is shaking your head to say that no i wasn't tired "unclassy"?
Seriously, this thread needs to die. now.

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Amelie was implying that because Justine had played so much tennis the past month, she may have been a bit tired. Justine shaking her head was implying that Amelie won because she was the better player today. Both ladies were being gracious. Is that so imposssible to believe? I hope not!I second that :yeah:

lolo21
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:29 PM
i like Justine a lot but there is one thing where i thought she was way off base this year,that's when just after the AO final ,she said that it was very easy for Amelie to beat her ,that she just had to push the ball,etc....
she was PERHAPS right but she certainly shouldn t have said it

i never reproached her to retire from this final but those post match comments were not very classy from her to say the least

Floydrose
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Justin was shaking her head because she looked up at her box and there goes Pierre and his BF flirting again

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Crow
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:48 PM

And, what do you think Amelie was trying to do by saying that Justine was tired ?? Agreeing with Justine that that maybe be the thing that had caused a difference today !! She was just being gracious and sportsmanlike. How come nobody got it ?? Why did Justine shook her head ??? What a hypocript !!!

Frankly, I dislike Justine even more today. I will never have respect for her, ever. I think Amelie is, by far, the more tired one with the number of sets she played lately, the mental problem she had to overcome and people's bombardments about her nerves on a daily basis, that she had to overcome and play with focus.

If you had played cometitive tennis before or other sports before, you will know how mentally and physically draining all those have to be, even your body do not relax during sleep. Versus someone who was not faced with that kind of pressure and had just won some titles (including a GS) the last few weeks.

For those who DID NOT CATCH Sue Barker's question. Sue Barker ASKED Justine whether playing 2 weeks of RG, 1 week of Eastboune and 2 weeks of Wimbledon tired her a bit, to which Justine replied it did, but that AMELIE PLAYED SOME GREAT TENNIS and WAS THE DESERVING WINNER. Sue did not ASK if AMELIE was tired, so JUSTINE did not say ANYTHING about that.

I can put other words in capitals if you like :p

Oh and after having seen another interview with Amelie, I'll definitely give her the benefit of the doubt: she probably didn't mean it as a dig. She is just too kind really for my cynical side ;)

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Oh and after having seen another interview with Amelie, I'll definitely give her the benefit of the doubt: she probably didn't mean it as a dig. She is just too kind really for my cynical side ;)
:lol::smoke:

kabuki
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Both were being sporting. You drama queens need to give it a rest.

Scotso
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:57 AM

I don't like Justine, but I agree. She was just giving credit to Amelie :shrug:

Dawn Marie
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I thought by reading the thread title that Justine was finally caught cheating by getting coaching from Carlos.

Change the thread title please.

treufreund
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I thought by reading the thread title that Justine was finally caught cheating by getting coaching from Carlos.

Actually, you drive me crazy but very funny!!!:lol:

Really tho such drama queens here!!! Both girls were being very nice and yet somehow i am reading that Justine was being bitchy and Amelie was being sarcastic??? OH MY GOD thank god it is a minority of posters. :lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:36 AM
I've watched the interview again with Amelie and Sue Barker and MOST DEFINITELY AMELIE WAS BEING GENUINE ABOUT SAYING THAT JUSTINE MIGHT BE A LITTLE TIRED AFTER HER RG & EASTBOURNE WIN!

Bless her!

Now ... any haters of Justine or Amelie who don't like what you hear or see (i.e. two players respecting each other), go take your hate somewhere else. Amelie & Justine fans are getting on just fine thank you very much! :D

:secret: shame Amelie & Justine can't do the same

At least this year Sue Barker didn't have to remind the winner to commiserate the loser (as she had to do last year ;) ) :devil:

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:42 AM

You would, you're a Venus fan and you're evil. :devil:

Don't tar all other players with the Williams's brush. Venus admitted she gets coached by her father on court! :ras:

I notice the thread starter took no notice of your request? :haha: :haha:

GoSandrine
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:32 AM
The comments may have been misconstured but there does appear to be some tension between the girls.

There was no post match kiss and I didn't see them say a word to or even look at each other during the post match ceremonies.

kabuki
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:00 AM
You would, you're a Venus fan and you're evil. :devil:

Don't tar all other players with the Williams's brush. Venus admitted she gets coached by her father on court! :ras:
I notice the thread starter took no notice of your request? :haha: :haha:

There is a difference between encouragement and coaching.

mykarma
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:09 AM
i think that Amelie is still a bit angry with Justine(just look at the fact they didn t kiss each other after the match,something they used to do before) ,not so much for the fact she retired in the AO final but in my opinion a lot more because of what Justine said just after this famous final ("it was too easy for Amelie,she only had to push the ball to beat me,etc...")........i like Justine a lot but i think that on this occasion,she was a bit off the base......she was PERHAPS right but she certainly shouldn t have said it.
I saw Amelie on some show and she is upset about Justine quitting at the AO. she said she didn't say how disappointed she was at the time because she didn't want to fan the fire, so to speak.

mykarma
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:20 AM
There is a difference between encouragement and coaching.
A Justine fan implying that someone is cheating. :lol::lol::lol:

RJWCapriati
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:22 AM
:eek: Did you catch that? :o

How sweet of you to try to make a big deal out of nothing.