tennislover
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
a choker any more!

tennislover
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Amelie, I love you! :kiss:

Martian Willow
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:43 PM
She was totally passive on mp. She only got away with it because Justine was making so many errors. :p :)

marmite1
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Yeh she kept herself together when she needed to!

Hannah-Louise
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
choko momo is no more!! her mind set is no longer an issue...we can see her for the pure class she really is!

Paneru
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:14 PM
choko momo is no more!! her mind set is no longer an issue...we can see her for the pure class she really is!

Ah, yes it is. She's still got her biggest
hurdle to get over from a personal I think, RG!

If she can get that, I could just imagine the
pandemonium in France! :D

spencercarlos
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
She played really well and held up the nerve better, i think she deserved to reach championship point in a grand slam and take it.

mboyle
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:16 PM
She did play amazingly well...

squig2k
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:18 PM
amelie kept her nerves well under control today

ezekiel
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM
she is still incosistent in any match let alone from match to match. She could barely serve that matchpoint. There is still some choking going on there. But she allows the opponent to choke first

Hannah-Louise
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Ah, yes it is. She's still got her biggest
hurdle to get over from a personal I think, RG!

If she can get that, I could just imagine the
pandemonium in France! :D

o yes forgot about that badboy, just give her time, now the pressure is off slightly. if she ever wins the french my god they will call a national holiday-if they win the footie tomorrow what a weekend for french sport that will make it!

Shenanigans
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
she is still incosistent in any match let alone from match to match. She could barely serve that matchpoint. There is still some choking going on there. But she allows the opponent to choke first

1 year ago Amélie would have double faulted at match point, she didn't that is the difference.

scoobsuk
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM
It's chokomomonomore

Thank GOD - she deserves to have that tag banished.

Except...perhaps in Paris. I don't think she'll ever win the French Open - for one because I don't think her game is quite as effective on clay and for two because the very different kind of pressure you get from the nationalistic support of your home fans is still something I think she'll struggle to handle. In RG this year she won the first set against Vaidisova, the crowd did a wave and she won 3 more games the entire match. I'm not sure she'll solve that conundrum in her career. But no matter, she's not the first and won't be the last player to struggle in front of the home crowd. Elsewhere, she can now handle the pressure. Like a fine wine, she's matured enough now to savour and enjoy.

scoobsuk
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
1 year ago Amélie would have double faulted at match point, she didn't that is the difference.
To be honest, a year ago she wouldn't have got to match point. She'd have been broken - probably to love.

Wiggly
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Does I'm the only one thinking that Title will only brings her more pressure? :confused:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:41 PM
o yes forgot about that badboy, just give her time, now the pressure is off slightly. if she ever wins the french my god they will call a national holiday-if they win the footie tomorrow what a weekend for french sport that will make it!

Hannah, want me to donate some vCash for you so that you can change your signature? I know you can't at the moment... and it would be great if you can do so.... ;)

rottweily
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:17 PM
People will always come back on the choking when she does it again.

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I hope so, but I'm 99.999% sure LefandePatty will :sad:
:haha: for real, whenever Mauresmo loses he says she choked :tape::o:help:

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Does I'm the only one thinking that Title will only brings her more pressure? :confused:
yes she will have more pressure but also more confidence to deal with it :D

Sun*Kissed
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Damn straight. Congrats Ame! :banana: