Fabunny
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
How cute was Amelie in her speech. Her nerves are FINE

Williamsser
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Justine gave a very classy speech!

vwfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:22 PM
she did! very nice what she said about Amelie.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Justine :hug:

You might never win Wimbledon.... but you're still No.1 in my heart :)

Dexter
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:23 PM
both speeches were nice :)
congrats Momo once again.

butch
Loved Amelie's speech! Great win, well done!

Fabunny
Justine gave a very classy speech!

Probably the best I have heard from her. She was very positive and optimistic, even in defeat.

meyerpl
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
They're both great and deserve to be congratulated.

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Its tough not to be proud of Amelie today. She really overcame the mental demons and deserved this title.

selesfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Justine was very gracious, she also shook her head when Amelie said she might have been tired. Its like she didn't want an excuse for losing.

Pengwin
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:26 PM
What did she say? Chinese TV cut to the ad break during Momo's hug with Loic :rolleyes:

.ivy.
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:38 PM
What did she say? Chinese TV cut to the ad break during Momo's hug with Loic :rolleyes:

She said that Amelie won because she just played better than her, and that she'll be back next year, she also thanked her entourage as well as all of her fans. Amelie tried to make an excuse for JHH as to why she lost (from playing too much), but Justine just shook her head, because she didn't want an excuse for why she lost. Gracious speeches from both! :)

alextim
amélie ... what a day !! what a champion !!

Prizeidiot
Very nice from both of them. Justine essentially said she's had a great run at Wimbledon, she's happy with a final, and that as hard as she tried, Amelie took her opportunities, and was too good.

And Amelie said now people could stop talking about her nerves :)

Fabunny
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM

Justine:
"There's nothing else to say: she was better than me on the day and she took her chances"

"I am pretty tired after winning the French Open and Eastbourne but it's been a good few weeks and even here, I had a very good time.

"It's been very positive and I'll be back and get my chance another time."

Amelie:
"I definitely wanted this win today and I don't want anybody to talk about my nerves anymore"

"This trophy is so special in the world of tennis and it feels great."

clonesheep
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:58 PM
This is perhaps the best slam final in a while. Both players had said they will focus on tennis and they did. The match was excellent. Good variaties and no screaming. And good positive speeches from both. As a Justine fan, I can live with the result and congratulations to Amelie, too!

Last year's Wimby final was about as good in terms of tennis. But, it put a downer at the end when Lindsay looked like she's about to kill herself after the defeat. It's a relief that this year's final ended well.

treufreund
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:50 PM
juju :hearts:

Amelie :worship:

Kart
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:35 PM
They both gave speeches befitting of the champions they are :worship:.

treufreund
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:38 AM
They both gave speeches befitting of the champions they are :worship:.

I really loved the match. wanted justine to win but really enjoyed Amelie's joy. justine and amelie are both classy and I really think the healing can begin!!! :angel::):hearts:

Marshmallow
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:41 AM
They were both very gracious - even though she didn't really seem amicable towards each other.

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:45 AM
They were both very gracious - even though she didn't really seem amicable towards each other.

Huh? That don't make sense?

English please :lol:

Bounty Hunter
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Huh? That don't make sense?

English please :lol:

:tape: :lol:

Marshmallow
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:12 AM
:lol: Yes yes ... a typo... i meant to say 'They didn't.... '