PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mauresmo for saving 2006 Wimbledon

Bijoux0021
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM
:bounce: Mauresmo is not one of my favs, but I'm so happy she kept Sharapova and Justine (the two players I detest the most) from winning this title. :bounce:

Congrats Mauresmo. Great job!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Great Job Momo. I am slowly being won over again.

winone23
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
THANKS MOMO now that's how you win a slam with dignity and respect. I'm not a MOMO fan but she has won my respect and did a great job, glad she beat Justine.

alextim
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM
my god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah thanks!! Not a fan really :shrug: but what she did deserves HUGE praises . Congrats to all her diehard fans especially Miss griffin :smooch: Thank you Amelie Mauresmo :kiss: :bounce:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah thanks!! Not a fan really :shrug: but what she did deserves HUGE praises . Congrats to all her diehard fans especially Miss griffin :smooch: Thank you Amelie Mauresmo :kiss: :bounce:

who be miss griffin

cellophane
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Not a big fan either, but so happy for her. It's so nice to see her win for her. And I'm glad Justine didn't win. :o

KBdoubleu
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM
The tournament certainly was rather lackluster until this match...and she also proved Brad Gilbert wrong which is always nice haha

cellophane
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
The tournament certainly was rather lackluster until this match...and she also proved Brad Gilbert wrong which is always nice haha

This match wasn't that bad, but I didn't think it was spectacular quality.

Jasmin
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Yes, yes....I wasn't what you call a fan but I like Momo. I found myself defending her Australian win on other boards. I thought a win is a win. That's when I started rooting for her.

KBdoubleu
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
This match wasn't that bad, but I didn't think it was spectacular quality.

I didn't think the match spectacular either, but there was so many stories and possibilities surrounding the match which I thought contributed to a great atmoshphere.

meyerpl
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:55 PM
It was a terrific final match, but it's pretty damn sad when you actually feel that you "detest" somebody you don't even know; a professional athlete.

roooobert
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:55 PM
great, henin didnt win=)) thanks momo

Adaora
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I luv u Amelie! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I've become a fan now

vettipooh
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Momo began to reel me in since AO!! Awesome performance in last 2 sets! Very nice b/day present, too !!! :banana: Good to see her take down one of the best.

squig2k
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM
:bounce: Mauresmo is not one of my favs, but I'm so happy she kept Sharapova and Justine (the two players I detest the most) from winning this title. :bounce:

Congrats Mauresmo. Great job!

TOALLY AGREE! I never did like mauresmo much but I really do now :bounce:

moon
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Mauresmo's win saved us from two things.

1. Sherapova hype from now until the USO & beyond.
2. Hearing about Justine as being perhaps "one of the best ever"

THANK YOU MOMO!!!! :D :D

Now I can really enjoy the tennis this summer. :)

Brooklyn90
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:06 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

No.1Hingis
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Yey!! Im so happy.. any other time I could root into Justine.. but this time I was with Amelie.. cause I know Justine would be one on complete the GS carrer.. I didnt want she do it before Martina or Venus.. so Im glad.. Amelie change her game and made an exciting show.. good shots.. NOT JUST TO KILL.. SHE GIVE SHOW .. and the emotions after she win.. I almost cried.. Im so happy cause she was better than Justine.. period.. SHE WANT IT AND I SEE TODAY A GIRL THATS WANT TO SHOW SHE IS GOOD AND WAS FEELING EVERY SINGLE POINT AND THE VICTORY.. THAT PASION IS WHAT A COUPLE BELGIANS PLAYER NEEDS TO SHOW ON COURT, CAUSE WE AS THE FANS WE ARE NEED TO SEE THAT ON OUR PLAYER...

Im not fan of Amelie.. just this exclusive time.. I have to said CONGRATULATIONS!! CAUSE SHE WAS GREAT TODAY.. Then.. next year.. I have to be concern about Amelie will complete GS.. hehe!! sorry Amelie I will have to put my wishes into runner up..

Marshmallow
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Some beautiful tennis too. Some gorgeous rallies. Some great fight, and a happy ending. It really makes up for what was a forgettable wimbledon.

:bounce:

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:20 AM

Jealous then? It is the truth, she will be one of the best ever when she win Wimbledon, which will be sooner than Venus will win the AO and FO. Ranked in the low 20's Venus's chances are only gonna get worse! :lol: :lol:

Of course everyone knows that some Venus fans are relieved that Justine didn't win it this time, due to the fact that she did she would have over-taken Venus in a lot of things, career grand slam, more slams, go down in history etc. But do you worry, as I said, we all know why you are relieved! :haha: :haha:

SelesFan70
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Some beautiful tennis too. Some gorgeous rallies. Some great fight, and a happy ending. It really makes up for what was a forgettable wimbledon.

:bounce:

And some of those volleys were simply amazing. :D

gladysharon
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Please, no need to exaggerate as if it's like a world thing.

Saving the tournament from people you hate...how childish and selfish you are then.

Bijoux0021
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:02 AM
It was a terrific final match, but it's pretty damn sad when you actually feel that you "detest" somebody you don't even know; a professional athlete.
I was not referring to the quality of the match. I wouldn't say it was a "terrific final match." Compare to last year's final, this one was okay. I was just happy the cheater and liar did not win.

I'm sick and tired of Sharapova's overhyped and the free passes the tennis organizers keep giving her until the semifinals in order to keep her hype-machine running. In addition, she has had some unsportsmanlike issues. So from that standpoint, I know enough about her and Justine to detest their on court behaviors; yes, a "professional athlete." Have you ever heard people detest professional athletes before, especially if they have shitty characters?

UncleZeke
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:32 AM
In AO final , Amelie was deprived of the opportunity to feel the full spectrum of emotions she so much deserved. Was so happy for her to be able to play and beat Justine, and be able to fully enjoy the thrill of winning Wimbledon..

G~Playa
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Go mo MO

Rocketta
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Jealous then? It is the truth, she will be one of the best ever when she win Wimbledon, which will be sooner than Venus will win the AO and FO. Ranked in the low 20's Venus's chances are only gonna get worse! :lol: :lol:

Of course everyone knows that some Venus fans are relieved that Justine didn't win it this time, due to the fact that she did she would have over-taken Venus in a lot of things, career grand slam, more slams, go down in history etc. But do you worry, as I said, we all know why you are relieved! :haha: :haha:

and who cares why she is relieved all you need to know is that she is relieved and happy that Momo waxed that @zzz. :lol:

btw, I'm sure moon was shaking in her boots at the prospect of Venus being passed in slam totals I mean wouldn't anybody since Venus wil never ever play another slam, right? :tape: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:45 AM
btw, I'm in the Happy camp too over the defeats of Sharapova & Henin. :wavey:

When your favs are out all you have left is rooting against people. :shrug:

Rocketta
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:48 AM

I think people can 'detest' athletes and it have nothing to do with hating the person in real life. I mean you keep it in perspective..... I mean I ca detest Justine the tennis player when she's playing professional tennis but that doesn't mean I would try to run her over with my car if I saw her or even forget to say 'excuse me' or 'thank you' to her if the situation warrented it. :hehehe:

Infiniti2001
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:35 AM
and who cares why she is relieved all you need to know is that she is relieved and happy that Momo waxed that @zzz. :lol:

btw, I'm sure moon was shaking in her boots at the prospect of Venus being passed in slam totals I mean wouldn't anybody since Venus wil never ever play another slam, right? :tape: :unsure: :rolleyes:

OWNED :lol: