PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo def. Henin 2-6 6-3 6-4 and wins WIMBLEDON 2006 !!!

Pages : [1] 2

selecta
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:13 PM
YAY!great match amelie!!! :bounce: :worship:

skanky~skanketta
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:13 PM
great job momo. :yeah:

absolutely gutted for justine though.

selecta
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:14 PM
ameile cries :) of joy of course

Beny
I can not believe it.....

Paneru
:cool:

Sylvester
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Grohl
owh owh OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHW!
:worship:

janko
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cool final!

selesfan
Congrats Amelie. I am so happy for her that I am in tears.:bounce:

vwfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:15 PM
wow. good for her!

she's earned the world's respect.

Alek
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Amelie :woohoo: Congrats :D
:kiss: you deserve this and more :D, ALLEZ! :bounce:

harloo
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Wow, congrats Amelie. She suprised me and played like a true champion in the third set. :worship: :worship:

Veeko
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM
That is tennis

congratulations to Momo.

Henin,come on next year,you are still the winner

Rocketta
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:17 PM
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Tennis Fool

fufuqifuqishahah
awwwww she was so happy!!! and the TEARS! the TEARS!

Marcell
This is my second happiest moment in tennis since Venus' victory last year. I am so happy for Amelie. She truly held her nerve.

Wojtek
Superb match

Amelie :banana: :banana: :banana:

angiee3
:woohoo: :woohoo:
well done amelie...!

badunka
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:18 PM
congrats momo!! well deserved victory and way to maintain and take it to the end!!!

Alicia Rocks
ChokoNOmo :worship:

xin_hui
OMG! :bounce: :bounce: i'm tearing!!!! ;)

so happy for amelie, so so happy! if kim didnt win it, i wanted amelie to!!!!! OMG.....so so so happy!:aparty: amelie held her nerves perfectly! i thought my legs were turning to jelly!

great job, amelie! :bounce: :bounce:

hablovah, you must be crying right now :hug: so happy for you too! :hug:

denine
momo :worship: :D :D

venus_rulez
I've never liked Mauresmo very much and I have been very critical of her game and her frail mental capabilities, but today she turned her legacy from a choker who got lucky to a champion. Most importantly though, she kept Venus as the second best player of this generation :lol: Congrats Amelie!!!

Ms Tracy Austin
I am sooo happy for Amelie, she's my fifth fav. I was upset that Pierce, Davenport and Serena couldn't play, then Venus lost, but Amelie really made up for it by winning the title playing classic grass gourt tennis... I am just speechless.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sylvester
Momo hitting 2 aces while serving for the match is just... GREAT!!!

Tennace
:bounce: :yeah:

WTG Amelie!

Vaidisova
Well done Amelie!!!

tennislover
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:19 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

evetually momo's ghosts are gone!!!!!!

Amelie is fab!!!!

Hant11
congrats!!!!!!!!!
i'm so happy for amelie
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

Elenarulez
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Mother_Marjorie
ChokoNOmo :worship:

Yes! It was great seeing Amelie throw those demons away! She has matured nicely!

kosmikgroove
congrats mauresmo, spectacular serving!

justine :cry: allez, you're still an amazing champion! allez, take the title next year!

junlee_vee
Wow! She seriously surprised me by holding her nerves while serving for the match!! Good job Momo!!!

JPrince
HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!!!!!!! THERE COULDN'T BE A MORE DESERVING PLAYER TO WIN IT!!!! CONGRATS AMELIE!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Cat's Pajamas
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:20 PM
:woohoo:

Congrats Momo

well deserved :bigclap:

Beny
Could you describe the MP rally?(Was it even a rally?or serve and..)

ZeroSOFInfinity
:worship::worship::worship: Amelie... you deserve it by beating Justine :worship::worship::worship:

:worship::worship::worship:I salute you!!! :worship::worship::worship:

ewbangkok
Allez Momo.....I bet on you and you won!!!!!!!!

The Crow
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Too bad for Justine, but Amelie played a great last 2 sets, so she deserved it.

égalité
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

This is amazing.

*cries*

Williamsser
Well done, Amelie!

MilanDokic
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Congratulations Morezmo!

SloKid
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Momo said that people should stop talking about her nerves now. :rolls: :worship:

Well done Amelie!

Elenarulez
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:23 PM
she is so sexy on her own way, nice and cool ....

eck
I'm frustrated Justine lost. :'(
But Amelie played awesome. Very very very very very very very very solid.
Congrats Amelie.
Justine!!!! Next time!!!! Win it!!!! ;p

Oh and Mauresmo fans, you were so lucky this time.

jk jk jk.
She deserved it, fair and square.
Oh, and that championship point? Priceless.
Amelie fans should rejoice. :)

hakush...
well done momo :bounce: :worship:

SJW
fuck yes, fuck yes, FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put "I believe" in my signature for her and she didn't let me down :D

I hope all those Henin fans who say she wouldn't beat a fit Henin in a slam final will take note and eat crow now :)

VRee_Willario
Gongratulations to Amelie and her loyal fans!!! I'm really happy for her!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

selecta
i've never seen amelie so happy and excited!
she just said
"i won,i don't want anyone to talk about my nerves anymore" !!! :lol:

MS
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Congrats Momo!. Great match ;)

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Amelie http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/musik/a040.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/musik/a040.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/musik/a040.gif

LUXXXAS
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Amelie :sad: we love you ! :inlove:

spec7er
Amelie really deserved this win. My heart was thumping when she hit her second serve and just amazing for her. :yippee:

Ceze
stats of the match:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/ceze/MauresmoFWimbledon.jpg

Yasmine
Jeez I had tears in my eyes all through that third set! Amélie:worship: :worship: :worship:

vw.
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:26 PM
So well played Amelie. Your volleys rock! Keep serving and volleying your way to victory!

Nicky2002
Congrats Amelie!!!!! :clap2: It's time to party!!!! Yehhhhhhhh :music:

hdfb
i'm lost for words. i really am. just way too happy for momo.

she has conquered not only Wimbledon 2006, but everyone's doubt, and her greatest fear.

alextim
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:28 PM
it's a great day for the tennis ..... I love you amélie

Dasha_
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I am so happy for Amelie! Two titles! She deserves it. Congrats Momo!!!!!!!

meyerpl
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Congratulations to Mauresmo! I wanted her to win and knew how to get the job done; I bet on Henin-Hardenne!

Justine deserves a ton of credit for a great year and a great tournament too.
It was a hell of a match.

switz
so happy for Amelie. In the next few years she could really make a big legacy for herself that few would have imagined even at the beginning of the year.

bad luck for Justine

selecta
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7676/caption4kr.jpg

momo flies again :)
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/6690/fly5sc.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9048/fl4mu.jpg

saki
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I'm sorry Justine couldn't take it this year, but big congrats to Amelie who played a really good match.

.ivy.
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Amelie played amazing in the end. Kudos to her. :yeah:

Justine :sad: you'll come back next year!

Prizeidiot
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Great match, we've been blessed at Wimbledon lately.

Justine came out smoking in the first set, little Amelie could do. But then she lifted her game a bit, and Justine fell away. And in the end, she was more consistent, with flashes of brilliance.

And for those wondering how she closed it out, she did it with ease. I was waiting for a bit of a stumble, but her serve held beautifully. And as she said, "now everyone can stop talking my nerves" :lol:

Credit to Justine as well, she was quite gracious in defeat, and was able to laugh after the match.

Hachiko
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:33 PM
I am so thrilled for Amelie! She deserved this so much!

crazyroberto6767
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Amelie played her best when she had to close it out :bowdown:. Despite not serving her best for much of the beginning of the match, she served gloriously when trying to close out the second and third sets. Great play from her and some fantastic volleys. Who woulda thought that Amelie would have had 2 slams in one year. Her reaction @ the end, climbing into the stands :awww:.

:sad: Justine, she tried her best but it just wasn't enough today.

JennyS
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Congrats Amelie! It was great to see her get that moment she didn't get in Australia. Justine was very gracious today too. Nice match!

cometz9
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Congratulations to Amelie :bigclap: :worship: what an AMAZING year it has been for her so far, i'm really happy for her. She has waited for this moment for a LONG time now, she truly deserved it, well done Amelie - 2006 Wimbledon Ladies' Singles Champion!!!!!!!!

Justine :sad: it's a shame she couldn't win Wimbledon to complete her career Grand Slams but she has more years ahead of her. She's also had an amazing year, getting to all 3 Slam Final and winning the French. Kudos to her, she's worked really hard to get where she is today :yeah:

forever_rafter
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I'm so happy for her and so proud of her! She never gave up, hold her nerves and won the title her game is made for. Amelie you are just unbelievable! And I hope you'll win more!

Sandra.P
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Wonderful, I'm really happy for Amelie :bounce:

A real Grand Slam win this time, she deserved it so much :worship:

Still congrats to Justine :)

RunDown
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Congrats Amelie! It was great to see her get that moment she didn't get in Australia.

:bounce: :bounce:

Good job, Amelie :yeah:

Nemesis
FABULOUS win Amelie :worship: Great serving, great volleys. And above all, finally having & taking the opportunity to convert a championships point.

I'm so happy Amelie got her revenge on Justine for the AO. She now showed she can tough out a GS final and I hope some fellow Justine fans will now see that Amelie has the game to beat Justine and not say that if Justine was healthy at the AO final this year, MoMo wouldn't have won.

Great match. Not the tension like previous Wimby final, but for the style of play today. A female serve & volleyer winning Wimbledon. It's been some time.

Justine ... Too bad not a career slam this year. Her forehand was a bit of today, but Amelie served too well and was simply too good today. Next year,a next opportunity. Now relax on your holiday with the cancer patients monday :yeah:

marmite1
So happy. Amelie :) :yeah: :worship:

Sweep
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Well done to Amelie, unlucky for Justine. Good final.

Bart
Justine :sad: :sad:

congrats Amélie.

Lindsayfanumber1
Amelie!! :banana: :)

raquel
Amelie :worship: Well done! So happy for her :D

She battled and attacked and overcame the tightness and nerves of the first set.

She has won a Grand Slam final in a full match and she has now had that moment of victory and that can't be taken away from her, and there is no if's and but's hanging over it.

Like she said, no more talk about her nerve :angel: Well done, girl! :worship:

KBdoubleu
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:42 PM
CONGRATULATIONS AMELIE!!!!!!!!!!!
you trulyl deserve this!!

Mother_Marjorie
fuck yes, fuck yes, FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put "I believe" in my signature for her and she didn't let me down :D

I hope all those Henin fans who say she wouldn't beat a fit Henin in a slam final will take note and eat crow now :)

Stop stirring shit! :rolleyes: Williams fan.

Everyone is proud of Amelie.

bmwofoz
Congrats to Mauresmo, you played a really good match today, served well, hit several great shots and played a great attacking game, well done Justine on making the final, you played great in the first set, but Mauresmo just was way too strong in the Third after a very even second.

VRee_Willario
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:43 PM
What a way to prove the doubters she can win these big matches under huge pressure. And especially in a tense three-set match. Amelie has really saved my weekend!!!
It felt like a dream really, fortunately it wasn't!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

thelittlestelf
Wow, that was the most impressive play I've ever seen from Amelie. The way she closed it out was BRILLIANT. I thought when Amelie misjudged Justine's unbelieveable service return that it would be the turning point in the match, but she definitely proved me wrong. I was also very surprised that this turned out to be a VERY good match, I really enjoyed it.

Well done Amelie, you truly are the undisputed #1 player in the world now :worship:, and it was VERY well-earned.

KBdoubleu
CONGRATULATIONS AMELIE!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
you truly deserve this!!

I really thought that she was going to let that lead slip away in the second and Justine would win 6-2 6-4

Hantuchov
Amazing, Momo !! :yeah: :hearts: :D

So happy for her !!! :bounce:

Harju.
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Congrats to Momo again :worship:

Anyone's excited to see her in dress for the ball? I know, I do ;)

The Crow

You're obviously right, although it weren't only Justine fans.

hablo
Oh Momo, I'm so proud of you :smooch:

You had the toughest draw but you still came through :bowdown:

Well done to the Wimbledon 2006 Champ and World #1 :drool:

She held her nerve and I really believe her serve was the key :D

I loved the part of her speech when she said that now she doesn't want to hear about her nerves anymore :haha::angel:

I just can't believe Momo finally won Wimbledon and at 27 years old :speakles::banana:

chris whiteside
Bloody fantastic!

wukenaihe
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM
more winners, less UEs,but still lose the match...

Jasmin
Unbelievable...how awesome is this. No one peg her to win. I'm so happy now. Now they will shut up about Australia.

Wasn't a fan but always liked Momo..may have to become a fan now.

Lady
Congrats to Amelie and her true fans!

She was the better player today! :)

sweet.baby
by us we call jupííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííí

SelesFan70
Congratulations, Amelie! :worship:

LoveFifteen
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Congratulations, Mauresmo! I am so happy for you. You are a Grand Slam champion. :hearts:

kfh_9118
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:46 PM
really really good final.

Amelie deserves to win, too bad for JHH not being able to complete her career GS, but she fought well today as well. Her time will come eventually.

partbrit
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I knew she could do it. I never gave up believing she could do it. Later today, I am going to buy a bottle of French champagne, perhaps with my Amelie vcash :drink: and toast Amelie. I have waited so long for her to do this, and for her to do it with Justine as her opponent was my ideal final--the one I hoped for.

vettipooh
Amazing tennis from Momo to win her 2nd slam!!!! Congrats big time!!!!! :bounce: :banana: :woohoo: I screamed so much for her through out this match, that I'm hoarse!!!
Wtg Amelie!! you made me very very proud today!!! Way to shut up all the naysayers!!! Revenge is as sweet as a Rose Water Dish!!! And Mama was there to witness that!!! :hearts:

Jum_p_Over
Congratz mauresmo :yeah:

vwfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:50 PM
ChokoNOmo :worship:cute!

HybridTheory
Great for Amelie :D :bounce:
Congrats!

Jenny.C.Fan
Ame :worship: :worship: :worship: :sad: :sad: . What an amazing performance and comeback after a poor start, she was like a rock in that 3rd set, absolutely superb, she served so well. She was as always classy, honorable and gracious in victory. Now everyone can stop talking about Oz, Amelie is the best player in the world, enjoy the title Ame. 2 grand slams and many more to come :bounce: . ALLEZ AME :worship:

Jum_p_Over
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I was a little worried when she missed a ball toss during match point :lol:

cs0803
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Congtatulations Amelie!!!! Well deserved! FANTASTIC!

bandabou
wow. Momo! After that 1st set, it really was all Momo. So now Momo hushes all the talk about her not being a legitimate major winner and how about this, for all Momo being the weakest no.1 ever, she has now beaten the strongest mentally player out there (now with Serena in retirement), to win both her major titles.

Congrats.

katrientje
so sad for Justine :sad: , but Amélie played out of her mind starting from set 2. That was just perfect grass-tennis from Mauresmo. A very deserved Wimbledon-title, congrats Amélie :worship:

tennismaster8820
Great victory for Mauresmo! Like she said during her speech, i hope no one will talk about her nerves any more!

Floydrose
I enjoyed the game, very tactical, nice points, good final.

Justine :sad: Hope you can win next year. Incredible tournament. :)

Congrats Amélie. :worship: What a clever tennis game. :hearts: Well deserved. And finally nice attitude with Justine.

Prizeidiot
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Oh yeah, and thanks to both players for making serve volley cool again! :p

Bероника
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Viva la madre q te parió Amélie!!!!!!! Esto es mucho mejor q lo de Australia pq hoy sí q habrás callado a unos cuandos bocazas ignorantes.Y q coño,pq la alegría q me ha producido es inmensa :D Eres fabulosa,Momito :kiss:

OMG I'm so happy right now.:hearts: Congrats Momo!!!!! Tu ne sais pas à quel point je t'admire et je suis fière de toi.Bravo fabuleuse championne!!!!!! Vraiment mérité.
My favourite Wimbledon winner ever :bounce: and good way to shut some doubters and haters up ;) From now on they'll have to find a new refrain :lol:

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

"Topaz"
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Great final!

Great result!

Merci beaucoup, Amelie! Ta victoire est aussi mienne.

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:55 PM

so happy for amelie, so so happy! if kim didnt win it, i wanted amelie to!!!!! OMG.....so so so happy!:aparty: amelie held her nerves perfectly! i thought my legs were turning to jelly!

thank you :hug:
oh you bet, I cried my eyes out :lol::awww: It's still unreal for me, you know :speakles:
Now I hope Kim wins the US Open :bounce:

By the way, Dementrova had predicted in a goodrep that Momo would win Wimbledon :worship:

The Daviator
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Amelie :worship:

She went a break up at 2-1, and needed to hold 4 times, I really didn't think she could do it, but she didn't even face a break point! That's mental strength!

Now, she will always be a TRUE Slam Champ! :yeah:

:hug: to Justine and all her fans, but you guys also have much to be pleased about :)

fifiricci
Halle-bloody-lulah!!! Fantastic win for Amelie and I will personally come over and smack anyone who ever challenges the steeliness of her nerve again! :devil:

Awesome stuff, Amelie is now a TRUE champion and how deserved it is.

Evidently, God was French for the day today, but for the World Cup final tomorrow he will go back to being what he always was ................................ Italian :p

TS
I could post about a zillion dancing banana's and bouncing smileys, cos I am so over the moon for Amelie! Just a brilliant victory, so well deserved and LONG overdue :D

VivalaSeles
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Congratulations Amélie :D You're a double GS winner now :D ... and more will come in the near future :D :D

And Justine will achieve her career Slam in the near future as well ;)

DevilishAttitude
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I've been critcal about Amelie before and I made that fluky slam thread about her, but I take it all back. She was nervy at first, but she won that match on her terms, and 2 aces and that volley winner :yeah: Amelie is right. The nerves are banished. That YEC win was her turning point.

Justine wasn't brilliant but it was Amelie's day.

Serve and volley tennis still works. I hope these coaches realise this.

And Wimbledon has been criticised on here, but this was the best final by some way after last years classic. Infact, Wimbledon finals this millenium have been great. 2000 was Venus's win and celebrations. 2002 was the Williams best final against each other. 2004 was Maria outplaying a great champ and 2005 the match where 2 champions were determined to reclaim there crown. And now 2006.

Wimbledon = :worship: :worship: :worship:

pierce_fanatic
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:59 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well Done Amelie. So proud of you.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Astro Jetson
Congrats to Amélie.

Too bad Justine! Truely hope you'll win it next time! :)

VRee_Willario
http://www.travelthere.com/ContalResources/site_images/img-congratulations.gif

Amelie

JS
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Well done Amélie!!! :clap2: :woohoo: :clap2:
And great match to watch! :yeah:
You really impressed me Amé, what an amzing and solit play! ;) without any choking :eek: :p
It's been a long time since a match (of any sport) affected as it did. So thanks, and above all congratulations!

And congrats to Justine :hug: (ok I d'ont mean it :p :tape: )

Gerri
:woohoo: :woohoo: OMG my heart nearly burst out my ribcage a few times:lol: Great recovery after a horrible start.
Glad we had another good final this year with some great points and a few comedy horror shots.

Felt like a nightmare at the start then a wonderful dream at the end:lol:
Justine fans :hug:

fnuf7
:woohoo: Congrats Amelie! :bounce: Was great, if a little tense, to see her close out the match! ;)

Here's hoping the rest of my sporting predictions come true this weekend :bounce:

Munich
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:01 PM
awwwwwwww thanks momo for saving women's tennis :awww: ;)

Derek.
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Amelie! :D :bigclap:

What a great moment for her and her fans! :worship: :hug:

Congratulations! :smooch:

Bad luck for Juju trying to win the career slam. So very close...

sperona
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM
:banana: :banana: :inlove: :crazy: :crazy:

no words, i'm incredibly proud of you Amé :worship:

Teemu
Wow! I'm glad Amelie won. Maybe now she'll get the respect she deserves. Great tournament for both girls, they've really been the two standout players this season. Congrats! :)

Wintermute
Congratulations to both players for an excellent (serve and volley!) match and especially to Amelie for getting better as the match went on and serving it out. She truly deserves her victory. :)

I had Justine pegged to win from the beginning of the tournament and she was playing so well that I couldn't see how anyone could stop her but Amelie proved me wrong. Very close and tense towards the end. I think Justine will get another chance to make that career slam... maybe next year? :D

Hannah-Louise
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:04 PM
im so happy at the moment seriously im going to be on a high for, well a long time now. im sooo happy she held her nerves and pulled it off, all cred to jhh she played well but my girl won!

squig2k
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:05 PM
im so happy for amelie, im a new fan of hers this wimbledon, glad she kept in there to beat justine :D

gsm
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:05 PM
:bigclap:

Bounty Hunter
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Amelie - :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship:

Justine - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

terjw
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Well - when you're not a fan of either player like me you can just sit back and watch the match without pacing about and biting your nails.

And they really produced a match that was worthy of a Wimby final. Nice to see the serve and volley and lots of coming to the net and volleying throughout the match. Both players had a plan B when plan A didn't work.

I think Justine had her chance in the second set when she broke back. She'll look back and know that she missed her chance when she immediately lost her serve again at that time. Just a couple of points here and there she shouldn't have lost in that game. In the third set - to tell the truth - I thought Amelie's serve just got better and better and I just didn't see Justine able to break back.

sportlife
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Congratulations Amélie! I'm so proud of her! :worship:
I'm so happy. Love you forever! :kiss: :hearts:

scoobsuk
I'm so happy Amelie got her Match Point moment and that she served out the match - and that she did so almost nervelessly. It was a tight game, got back to 30-30 but she stayed steady and didn't falter on the most important points of her career. She didn't lapse into passivity, she served hard and took the ball on with aggressive volleying and attacking tennis. Nerves, what nerves?

Finally she gets her due and the respect she deserves as world number 1, double grand slam champion. No shenanigans, no funny business, no little asterisk against her name this time. The question was asked of her, she was given the chance to crumble and let Justine back into the match, and she chose instead to become the champion she deserves to be.

Justine got tight in those last two sets, no question about it - odd to think that the occasion may have got to her as opposed to Amelie but that's what it looked like. Still, I think she'll get her set in the end. She's a great player on grass when she's firing a little better than she was today.

Amelie - you go back home on Monday and find the best bottle of wine you have in your cellar and savour this one - this should be a victory even sweeter than Australia. You beat the same player, but you beat her fairly and squarely in a full match when the pressure was palpable.

The first French female Wimbledon champion since Suzanne Lenglen in 1925 - that's VERY distinguished company to find yourself in

Enjoy this - you've earned it - I, and a legion of fans around the world, are SO happy for you right now, Amelie :D

The Crow
I think Justine had her chance in the second set when she broke back. She'll look back and know that she missed her chance when she immediately lost her serve again at that time. Just a couple of points here and there she shouldn't have lost in that game. In the third set - to tell the truth - I thought Amelie's serve just got better and better and I just didn't see Justine able to break back.

Great analysis :yeah:

lolo21
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
well done Amelie :worship: :worship:

i knew you would win Wimbledon one day :)

Justine,bad luck :sad: ......but you're still young ,i'm sure you'll finally win Wimbledon soon ;)

BMP
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
AMELIE, YOU DID IT!!! :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

GOSH, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE SHE DIDN'T CHOKE IT AT A MATCH POINT!!! :lol:

She was so damn great in 2nd and 3rd sets that even Marvelous Juju was unable to change the course of the game!!! :worship:

Momo, damnit, gal, you did it!!!! I was oh so shocked when she won that game! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Huge congrats to the New Wimbledon Champion Momo and her wonderful fans! :bounce:

Linnie
Anyone's excited to see her in dress for the ball? I know, I do ;)
:hearts: :lol:

Amélie, you are a true champion :worship:

serenafan08
YAY!!! :D It's about time Amelie! Her game is absolutely perfect for grass, and this Wimbledon title is long overdue - although a couple of girls named Serena and Venus had something to do with that. Amelie totally deserved this title - and IT IS LEGIT! That's the part I'm most happy about; she won this one fair and square and beat some good players en route to it. Go and celebrate tonight Amelie - you deserve it!

Shenanigans
Still can't believe, I was a nervous wreck when she went to serve for the set.
Amélie :worship: :worship: you have nothing to prove to anyone anymore just continue playing the way you are!!

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amélie Congratulations!!!!

you finally win it,from the start till the end beating the one who didnt let you feel all the emotions that you deserve to feel after a slam finale!!!!

I screamed when I saw it in tv!!!I felt it in my heart that something BIG will happen in this tournament!!

Finally amélie!!!!!!!!!!!so deserved!!!you are a great great champion, never doubt about it.So proud of you and to be your fan since the beggining :kiss:

I 'm screaming now!!!!!!!!!!OUAOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amélie is Wimbledon champion!!!!Amélie beat Heninhardenne!!!http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/pom-pom-girl.gif

HAIL-VENUS
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Yessss!!! Congratulations Amelie. I knew you could do it!! She is far too talented not to be winning slams. :dance: Damn, I knew I should have placed a bet on this match.

BMP
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
When Amelie was serving for the match I promised to do so many things for Amelie's victory.... and SHE WON!!!! so now I can't get away with it :lol:

This was so awesome...... She won so beautifully :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: The way she acted and played today makes me understand why I love her so much :kiss:

morethanperfect
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:18 PM
congrats momo :kiss:

DEETHELICK
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Really happy for Amelie, aggressive serve-volley tennis. Loved the way she got to match point and just held her nerve throughout. Very much the sign of a champion. The YEC, AO and Wimbledon! Fantastic last few months for Amelie.

I am just happy she is not a one slam wonder!

Thauron
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Obviously the best slam final of the year

Congrats to Mauresmo! Great victory - I guess the bitter taste of her victory in Australia is now completely forgotten. 2 slams in one single year is truly great.

I am so glad one of classiest players of this generation has proven today she is a great champion too. :worship:

Well deserved too - she came out victorious from the most difficult quarter of all the top seeds!

Stamp Paid
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Yes! It was great seeing Amelie throw those demons away! She has matured nicely!

Release the demons!

Drimal
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
You are so great Amélie!!! :banana: :woohoo: :bigclap: :hatoff:

Second Grand Slam this year! You proved that you really deserve the number 1 spot! :worship:

Australian Open, Wimbledon and one day Roland Garros ... allez Amélie! :rocker:

lolo21
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
YAY!!! :D It's about time Amelie! Her game is absolutely perfect for grass, and this Wimbledon title is long overdue - although a couple of girls named Serena and Venus had something to do with that. Amelie totally deserved this title - and IT IS LEGIT! That's the part I'm most happy about; she won this one fair and square and beat some good players en route to it. Go and celebrate tonight Amelie - you deserve it!

yeah ....i said just after the AO win that the other GS where she would have by far the best chance to win would be Wimbledon....and i wasn t wrong :)

BK4ever
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:28 PM
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Amelie :bounce: :bounce: held her nerve and that was most impressive.

Rockie...Why is your phone turned off???

You know I'm calling you to scream with joy :D

najad
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
i'm glad that juju lost and i've gain some respect for amelie :cool: it was a good match with greats points...

bien joué amélie tu le merites :worship:

spencercarlos
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Amelie :woohoo: Congrats :D
:kiss: you deserve this and more :D, ALLEZ! :bounce:
I agree, this pretty much makes it up for the many other ones that Mauresmo was just about to win and nerves got her.
Today it was completly different. Very worthy champion, a great grass court player, loved the way she approached her match today.

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
match stats:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/ceze/MauresmoFWimbledon.jpg

stats of set1:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/ceze/MauresmoFWimbledon_set1.jpg

stats of set2: only 39% 1st serve in for Amélie :eek:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/ceze/MauresmoFWimbledon_set2.jpg

stats of set3: and 85% 1st serve in in that set :eek:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/ceze/MauresmoFWimbledon_set3.jpg

sapir1434
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I really don't have so much to add. Amelie deserves this title so much, I mean there's no other player that deserves it more than her. I just really cried in the MP. 2 slams in one year, and who said she will never win a grand slam :). She just showed her talent right now. The classic grass player. The best for me :).

:banana: :banana: :worship: :worship: Enjoy it Amelie!!! :hearts: :kiss:

Richie77
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Way to go Amelie! :bigclap: :hatoff: A well-deserved Wimbledon title.

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:35 PM
merci cyril!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesuis trop trop contente là!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amélie championne de Wimbledon en battant henin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

je pars là!!!http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:38 PM
merci cyril!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesuis trop trop contente là!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amélie championne de Wimbledon en battant henin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

je pars là!!!http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/saute-et-tourne.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

joaco
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
CONGRATS AMELIE!! Wondeful match... I really enjoyed it, it was one of the best Slam finals in a while....

sapir1434
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I was a little worried when she missed a ball toss during match point :lol:
:lol: me too I felt her nerves :lol:

Diam's
Bravo Amélie !
and merci for the 16€ :D

BMP
Some haters out there already started telling about poor quality of tennis that both showed and what the ugly final it was.... Oh well, that was expected. Whatever! :P

Stamp Paid
Is she going to have to wear a dress at the Wimbledon ball?

akab
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Amelie :worship: :worship: :worship:

panda7
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Congratulations Amelie:worship: I am absolutely thrilled for her:bigclap:

furrykitten
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Great win for Amelie, good to see her happy :)

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I'm just glad Henin Hardenne didnt win.....well thats number 2 for Mauresmo....I guess i'm a little shocked...congrats to her...

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! she did it, and ended speculation about her australian open title and about her "nerves." Amelie, great job, i am so proud of you!!!!!!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5b/full.getty-71355443dm103_wimbledon_cha_11_25_48_am.jpg

that is worth a thousand words

Martian Jeza
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM
It was about time to see the belgian cheat lose ! JHH, now no excuses : Mauresmo was better than you : it musts hurt your ego but I don't care :devil:

Kart
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I'm so pleased for Amelie :hearts:.

Better luck next time Justine, it's only a matter of time before you add this title to your collection :cool:.

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! she did it, and ended speculation about her australian open title and about her "nerves." Amelie, great job, i am so proud of you!!!!!!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5b/full.getty-71355443dm103_wimbledon_cha_11_25_48_am.jpg

so sensitive amélie,we love you! :hug: :kiss:

TS
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Is she going to have to wear a dress at the Wimbledon ball?

Nah she'll wear a tracksuit :D

Paco
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Well done Amelie :woohoo:

new-york
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

new-york
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Congrats to Amélie, it was time she adds some slams to her career and we felt she was close to Wim the past couple of years.

Congrats Justine, tremendous year so far. Sure Wimbledon has not to be written off of the potential title you'll have.

Belmont Lad
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Wonderful attacking grass court tennis from Amelie, especially in the second and third set. A very deserving Wimbledon Championship for a lovely woman. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

timafi
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
congrats champ :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

WonderfulLee
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:14 PM
congrats Amelie...

u make me proud!

Pheobo
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:19 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm so happy for her!

tumbleweed
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I LOVE YOU, MOMO!!!!!! You truly deserve this title!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Congratulations to a very classy player and you played frickin' brilliant today and you held your nerves! Chapeau. :worship:

dav abu
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM
What a win!!!!!!!!just in an internet cafe down the road from Wimbledon, watched it on the hill-WELL DONE AMELIE!!! Before we left we just saw her coming out onto the balcony to get her pic taken with the trophy, she certainly looks the part :) all day long from when she left the practice courts to when she appeared on the centre court balcony people have been cheering, clapping and saying "we love you" she is such a popular champion! I can't praise her enough!!

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:21 PM
:woohoo:

Im not gonna lie, Im soooooo glad Justine didnt win. But Im happy for Mauresmo aswell this title is well diserved :yeah:

RainyDays
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
yay momo!!!!!

Mana
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:24 PM

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Bravo Amélie !
and merci for the 16€ :Dpetit cadeau pour toi, comme ça tu pourras mettre une signature si tu veux ;)

Brooklyn90
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Amelie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laurie
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:36 PM
I'm very happy!! Amelie is legitimate!! Everyone knows this now. :)

By the way, I don't know about you lot, but when Amelie lost the first set I felt she would win the match. I based my feeling on this. She's a better player coming from behind than a frontrunner. She came from a set down to beat Pierce in the Tour final in Los Angeles. She came from a set down in the semifinal of the Australian Open and was a break up in the third when Clijsters turned her ankle. She came from behind against Clijsters in the Antwerp final despite a rampant loud Flemish crowd. In the semifinal, she threw a major wobble and still came through. Plus, I was on Court no 1 on Tuesday when she did the same against Myskina.

I feel Amelia can win around 5 slams in her career. If she stays fit she will be as strong physically as Mary Pierce at the age of 30 but more athletic.

Hey, women serve and volleyers!

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:42 PM
:woohoo: Congrats Amelie!!!!!!! :D

JulesVerne
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Considering these 2 players play a game more suited to grass than any other players they could be in the final again next year. When was the last final at Wimbledon in which players went to the net so much?

shirley
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/msroom/m-happy2.gifCongratulations Amelie!http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/msroom/m-happy.gif

It was a good match and I found it enjoyable to watch. Even though, I did get a little bit nervous. She deserved to win and Amelie's a deserving champion :D

shirley
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Considering these 2 players play a game more suited to grass than any other players they could be in the final again next year. When was the last final at Wimbledon in which players went to the net so much?

Probably 1998 when Jana Novotna beat Nathalie Tauziat

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:49 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/d3/full.getty-71355443dm118_wimbledon_cha_11_38_38_am.jpg
Photo by Phil Cole/Getty Images

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/7d/full.getty-71355443dm122_wimbledon_cha_11_40_13_am.jpg
Photo by Phil Cole/Getty Images

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/d84f82c2-dcf9-400a-ae92-5afb25a04697.jpg
AP Photo/Anja Niedringhaus

thankks to tivi,see more on her official web site ;)

Sund7101
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Great win for Amelie, I just can't believe it!

Whatzup
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Congrats Amelie! :D :yeah:

Andy_
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
It's been a beautiful match, with a wonderful winner. It had been a while since I'd enjoyed such quality in a WTA match. Amélie's been really good today, and the whole of her celebration's been adorable :hearts: :worship:

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:55 PM
oh no!I dont have good reps anymore for today :sad:

but there will be for everyone tomorrow!!I'm so happy!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: ;) !!

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM
oh no!I dont have good reps anymore for today :sad:

but there will be for everyone tomorrow!!I'm so happy!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: ;) !!:awww: me too :hug:

Tennisaddict
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Wow, I believe I have to eat my words as I predicted a Henin win a couple of hours before the match started. I wanted Mauresmo to win, but I was used to see her crumble under the pressure on big occasions, and knowing that Justine is the opposite made me believe that Mauresmo would loose. Boy, did she proove me wrong :eek:.
I'm happy she did, and I think it was a good match to watch.

I think that the better grasscourter won today. Congrats to all Mauresmo fans who are always loyal to her and never gave up on her. It must have been hard during all the dissapointing moments in her career, but this win makes up for it.

40-0
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:08 PM
yeah amazing, i wanna watch it, i didnt catch the final since i was at practice

RaDiCaLgIrL♥FG
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:09 PM
The match is great and she can win without luck! :worship: I really can't believe she can comeback! :lol: Congrats Amelie! :angel:

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I think that the better grasscourter won today. Congrats to all Mauresmo fans who are always loyal to her and never gave up on her. It must have been hard during all the dissapointing moments in her career, but this win makes up for it.
It sure does, you have no idea just how much :lol::drool::hearts:

LDF
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Well done Amelie on your second Grand Slam! :bounce:

Amelie's serve out wide on the deuce court was brilliant. She took advantage of this to serve two aces in the final game, and then mixed it up by going down the T every now and then. Although her first serve percentage fell in the 2nd set, she continued to attack the net (I'm surprised the statistics were so poor) and display her remarkable athleticism. Amelie's had a very tough draw this year, and she fully deserves this title. I was nervous for her at the end, but I'm glad Justine made her serve it out; and Amelie delivered. Her mental strength today was great :worship:

star
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:18 PM
That was awesome, Amelie coming back to win it in 3. Great match :worship:

crazillo
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Amelie :kiss:

Il Primo!
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Awesome, CONGRATS!! :bigclap: :bigclap:

I was very critical and tough towards her but she did a brilliant job. She never failed, never gave up in spite of the first set, the pressure, the OZ final. She just played solid, clever, frankly it's was very impressive. I considered her as slamless before this final but now she has 2 slams truly deserved!I'm not a HATER/DOUBTER anymore(until media doesn't do too much :tape:)

A thought to Juju's fans :hug:

Avid Merrion
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:06 PM
:D Allez Amelie!!!! :worship:

i didn't get to see the final live so i deliberately avoided coming on here before i watched it, and boy am i glad i did! :D so so pleased for Amelie, AO champion and now Wimbledon too, fantastique!! :D:D:D

pav
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Arm a lee how could you do this to me?
you were meant to lose
I wish i was a drinking man
then I could drown my sorrows in booze:sad:

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:24 PM

I was very critical and tough towards her but she did a brilliant job. She never failed, never gave up in spite of the first set, the pressure, the OZ final. She just played solid, clever, frankly it's was very impressive. I considered her as slamless before this final but now she has 2 slams truly deserved!I'm not a HATER/DOUBTER anymore(until media doesn't do too much :tape:)

At least you give credit, MrKnowItAll, where credit is due :bigclap:
étonnant, tout de même :lol:

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:25 PM

A thought to Juju's fans :hug:c'est très beau Franck :yeah:

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:26 PM
At least you give credit, MrKnowItAll, where credit is due :bigclap:
étonnant, tout de même :lol:A la tienne hablo http://yelims1.free.fr/Alcooliques/Alcooliques04.gif :p

hablo
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
A la tienne hablo http://yelims1.free.fr/Alcooliques/Alcooliques04.gif :p
pareillement :lol:http://yelims1.free.fr/Alcooliques/Alcooliques04.gif

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:37 PM
je me joins à vous!http://yelims1.free.fr/Alcooliques/Alcooliques16.gif

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:37 PM
pareillement :lol:http://yelims1.free.fr/Alcooliques/Alcooliques04.gifà défaut de le faire en vrai, célébrons virtuellement http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0001.gif(oops j'ai trop bu on dirait :lol: )

Ceze
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:39 PM
je me joins à vous!http://yelims1.free.fr/Alcooliques/Alcooliques16.gifcool mais n'abusons pas http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/nahrung/k050.gif (faut en garder pour demain :lol: )

rebel_ffighter
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:08 PM
omg I am so drunk but this cheered me up twice!!!woooohooooo :worship:

FrenchY52
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Amélie !!! CONGRATS

Pasta-Na
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM
henin was injured :rolleyes:

*Karen*
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:59 PM
OMG I still don't believe it. I never in a million years thought she could win wimbledon. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Cersei
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Amélie :worship:
I'm so happy she won :D

Ghis
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Félicitations Amélie!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:22 PM
CONGRATS MOMO! :worship: She is such awell spoken lady!! LOVE HER , LOVE HER! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Kenny
Fantastic job, Amelie! :D

UncleZeke
Amelie, at 27yr old has certainly paid her dues. So happy to see YEC, AO, and now Wimbly in less than a year...Why not add the US OPEN to your list? You can do it ..

MinnyGophers
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Oh Humanity, how much faith I had in you. You didn't let me down.

Congrats Amelie, there is just no words to tell you how proud I am of you.

And hats off to Justine, who fought until the end. I have no doubt you will sooner or later add the Rosewater dish to your collection.

Tennisaddict
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:27 PM
It sure does, you have no idea just how much :lol::drool::hearts:

I think I have an idea, I went crazy with joy when Venus finally broke her slam drought last year :p.

Billabong
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Congrats to Mauresmo who played a fantastic match, you deserved it totally, congrats and celebrate:banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fran16
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Amelie :woohoo:

Justine :devil:

Kimdsay
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:52 PM
:woohoo: :D :rocker2: :clap2: :bounce:

Scotso
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Amelie! :bounce: :woohoo: :worship:

She's come so far this year. She really deserves it :yeah:

mauresmofan
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Today was such a fantastic day to be an Amélie supporter. We were discussing back and forth around 8 or 9 months ago which Slam Amélie could possibly win and Wimbledon and the Aussi Open were the most mentioned. Who would have thought she'd win both less than a year later. Amazing - WORTH WAITING FOR!!!!

Marshmallow
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:33 AM
:bowdown: I'm sorry i just don't know what to say. I mean, at the start of the year I did predict Amelie would win slam... but for it to actually happen, and especially the way it did.

A set down against the best fighter on the tour... (this is Amelie we are talking about) .. to show the strength she did, the fight. To win 100% of points on second serve in that final set... WOW. Amelie, i am very proud to be a fan, and to have believed in you. You really did yourself, and your supporters proud.

People on this board ripped into the AO win, and preached that Amelie Mauresmo would never win a slam... and she has now won 2 in a sline year. The only player to do this in 2 years at least.

Amazing!!!!!!!

mirzalover
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:35 AM
oh my god i just got back from my tennis tournament and i was thinking about this all day i'm so glad amelie won now her and mary both have 2 slam titles

Marshmallow
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:39 AM
She beat Justine henin from a set down,.. she served the match out, at 5-4 in the third... it was 30all at 5-4 and she had misjudged a ball. She held her nerve, volleyed well to get to match point... It's not just that she won.... it was HOW she won that is really impressive. It was tight, and she held her nerve.

And i don't mean to taint this, but was Justine being coached? There was a bit when she kept looking to Carlos, and rubbing her nose, and they showd him doing the same, and ... sounds silly but it looked like signing. But anyway, if it was it didn't work.

But ... i feel for Justine a little. I almost had a tear for her... not that i wanted her to win, but she looked so humbled by the defeat - in a way.

AMELIE!!!!! :bowdown:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:46 AM
:worship: amelie :worship:

i didnt expect her to do it, even though im not a momo supporter i was really nervous when she served for the match-i was expecting her to do a sveta!

i was torn over who to support cos i wanted amelie to win one properly for her sake but i also wanted henin to complete the career grand slam + this was one of the better chances she will get-but i decided to cheer for mauresmo cos shes more likeable

congrats mauresmo :D

Andy.
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Well done Amelie, she deserved this and she finally gets to win a slam the right way. Im very happy for her and her fans.

Rub
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:46 AM
amelie is absolutely amazing... now im liking her very much...

Ems__
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Well done Amelie. I was really happy for her. After tonights final in the wc, it may be the year of the French :p

Denise4925
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Amelie :banana: You go girl :yeah:

Hardiansf
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Big Congrats To Amelie And Her Fans!!!
Well Done

DomenicDemaria
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Amelie congrats you now move to champion status!

lucashg
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Congratulations, Amélie! :yeah:
I'm very sad for Justine :hug: , I really believed this could be her year to finally win Wimbledon, but it was not meant to be. And despite this, I still couldn't help but being happy for Amelie, who's usually such a great sport, a very nice person and a great tennis player. She's definitely earned total respect of the doubters and should enjoy such an amazing win. :)

The match was pretty good IMO, some letdowns from both players, but that's to be expected. Both were under big pressure, and Amelie delivered better, proving she can get over her nerves when it counts. Still, Justine also fought a lot, but was just outplayed. And it was great to see two players playing so well at the net!

Good luck to both ladies for the remainder of the season, and Justine - I hope she wins Wimbledon next year :kiss:

G~Playa
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Good Werk!!!

Herill
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:04 AM
u really deserved it amelie!!! awesome!

hingis2002cn
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:11 AM

i am also very happy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

flyingmachine
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Congratulations Amelie! :D
What a match this is one of the interesting final I saw recently. I think this is great for Amelie to won it at her best surface. Anyway, what a great match I'm happy that Amelie has won. She deserves it!

fredbdx
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I'm so happy for Amelie!! She really deserved to win that final....I'm also so happy that she beat Henin...It'll shut everybody mouths...who were talking about Amelie's controversy victory at the AO!!! No one can argue that she had a much tougher draw than Henin at Wimbledon with victories over challenging girls such as Ivanovic, Myskina and gracefull Sharapova!!

I always knew that Amelie was the player who really had the best skills for grass...she's the only top player who has got a natural net game...

ONCE AGAIN I'M DEEELLIIGHHT for Amelie...and once again Henin proves that she was not such a kind person as she pretends to be...a frozen shaking hand at the end of the match. :devil:

PatM04
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Congrats Amelie:)

Jakeev
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:37 AM
It wasn't as specatcular as last year's final, but damn there was some incredible shotmaking in this year's final.

Kudos to Justine for trying to be aggressive but even bigger kudos for Amelie believing in herself and not giving up.

And Amelie's serve today:eek: Damn girl that was awesome!!!

Still though, it was great to see some old fashion net play again. It was a fun match to watch.