PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo's Return Game: Always this bad??

Foot_Fault
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:08 PM
She is bunting/floating 1st(understandable) and 2nd serves. I don't watch many of her matches, but is this normal for her? Does she ever roll over the ball on the return? Or is she playing it safe?

:confused:

DragonFlame
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:09 PM
justine pick up the play! :fiery:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I think it is normal for mauresmo. It seems to be fairly effective though hahaha. Amelie needs to convert more break points, she's not winning these tight deuce games.

SloKid
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:14 PM
She is bunting/floating 1st(understandable) and 2nd serves. I don't watch many of her matches, but is this normal for her? Does she ever roll over the ball on the return? Or is she playing it safe?

:confused:
It annoys me too, esp. when she has her feet planted and doesn't move into the ball and thus mishits it badly, happens sometime during play too.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:17 PM
The real question is why is she so weak minded and yellow bellied? She should quite now before she embarasses herself by choking away this set.

Foot_Fault
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
She don't WANT IT...Justine is clearly playing like she does.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:24 PM
omg amelie wants it u guys are annoying =) can't u see how intense she gets, esp. after that one crazy volley point?

she's just a tad nervious

Foot_Fault
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:27 PM
omg amelie wants it u guys are annoying =) can't u see how intense she gets, esp. after that one crazy volley point?

she's just a tad nervious

My question is, does she return this way in all her matches? Or ust nerves here?

Elenarulez
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I dont thinks that she returns bad ...

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:31 PM
My question is, does she return this way in all her matches? Or ust nerves here?

i honestly think that's how she usually returns, cuz that's how she returned for a lot of the match against SHARPIE -- but she was nervous there. However, I think she usually takes more cracks at it than she is doing now, but she is breaking serve somewhat well.

omg but her slice... its so nerve-wracking cuz it cuts so low over the net -- I keep thinking it'll hit the net and it does a lot of the times.

blumaroo
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Uhm she is one of the worst returners in the top 10. But her game is not based on returning anyway.

DragonFlame
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:34 PM
justine! :fiery: pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:36 PM
That's how Mauresmo returns for the most part. It annoys some players like Venus for sure who would prefer some pace to work with. It's probably a reason why Mauresmo has only beaten Lindsay once. Lindsay doesn't have to worry much about her serve. he will go for all out on the backhand once in a while on the return. Federer does the same thing actually but not as much. It's annoying because on most player's serve he gets the ball in and slice it in making it a neutral rally.

Callystarr
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:39 PM
*sigh* Amelie's backhand slice is really acting up today....so many errors. I hope she pulls this match out. We don't want no yellow toof girls on wheatie boxes lol

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:42 PM
lol. omg this match is nice to watch.... as much as i love the grunting, it hasn't been like over loud, they aren't complaining to the chair umpire much -- it seems to be primarily about tennis, high quality tennis!

blumaroo
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM
high quality?
there are so many ugly errors. And Justine is playing crap.

joz
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I think it is normal for mauresmo. It seems to be fairly effective though hahaha. Amelie needs to convert more break points, she's not winning these tight deuce games.

Yes it is effective... the person who likes to hit with pace always... in this case justine is having to generate the pace off of a short no pace ball... it's not easy to do. Not sure why Justine isn't trying more drop shots...

Elenarulez
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:48 PM
there are so many ugly errors.

It's women tennis :o

DragonFlame
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:51 PM
congrats momo in your first real slam win!:bounce: justine:sad:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:52 PM
high quality?
there are so many ugly errors. And Justine is playing crap.

yah but there are so many nice points =) lol. justine isn't playing crap, she's just not playing as good as she was the first set and amelie looks a bit more lively right now.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
congrats momo in your first real slam win!:bounce: justine:sad:

wtf its not even over lol. remember, justine is one of the most mentally tough hoes out there.

Beny
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I wonder why Justine is not able to fight off break points of Momo..or just to make it to deuce when Mauresmo`s erving and having game points..I`m watching only the live score board. But i HAVEN`T SEEN jUJU fight back those points...
I hope she wins..

KClijsters
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:00 PM
It's not a nice match to watch, to much UE's......most rally's end with an UE.
Both are not playing really well..... it's a long time ago that a saw Justine playing so bad..

Callystarr
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah this match is PRETTY BAD lol.

Foot_Fault
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:05 PM
with the return I am surprised MoMo is winning, Justine isn't doing anything different. MoMo step up her intensity from the 1st set.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah this match is PRETTY BAD lol.

maybe i really like it cuz i'm half paying attention hahahaha. ok time to pay full attention!!!!!

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:10 PM
ok.... the match isn't ugly, they both have more winners to ues. not the kind of differential you want on grass, but its cuz they are both moving well. even when a point ends with a ue, at least sometimes its an interesting point, its not like stupid nervous netcords all the time.

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:10 PM
with the return I am surprised MoMo is winning, Justine isn't doing anything different. MoMo step up her intensity from the 1st set.
Justine can't do much. Mauresmo has probably the best passes in the whole women's game. That has to be respected just like Nadal's passes on the men's side. If Justine comes in after her serve because Mauresmo is just chipping it back then Mauresmo will read it. Justine does have one of the best slices in the game but she doesn't move through the ball as fluently as Mauresmo does which gives Mauresmo just a little more time. She just has to hope some of the slices hit the bottom of the net more.

Foot_Fault
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Lot of nerves there, but GOod Job!

Beny
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I wonder why Justine is not able to fight off break points of Momo..or just to make it to deuce when Mauresmo`s erving and having game points..I`m watching only the live score board. But i HAVEN`T SEEN jUJU fight back those points...
I hope she wins..
I can`t believe Justine didn`t manage to break (back) Mauresmo in the third set( to tie the set)..
and she didn`t manage to fight off the MP. Justine is anxious. At RG final, she didn`t play her best,she was anxious(that familiar anxious look on Justine`s face..I have noticed it since IW 05 loss to Lena. But Sveta wasn`t able to take aDVANTAGE OF IT. wE SEE, mAURESMO IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN sVETA..
Congrats Amelie.. :worship: