PDA

View Full Version : Justine Will Not Be Remembered As A Great Champion

Brashkoala
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Justine is a great tennis player and will more than likely become a member of the Tennis Hall of Fame, but she will not be remembered as being a great champion because of the following reasons:

1. The hand incident against Serena Williams at Roland Garros in 2003
2. Her influence on calling a ball out that was in to allow her to serve for the match against Kim Clijsters at the Australian Open in 2004
3. Her retirement against Mauresmo at the Australian Open in 2006

This is merely my opinion. I know these topics have been beat to death on the forum, but I have never posted my feelings regarding Justine until now. I do not dislike or like Justine. Hoever, I will say her actions and demeanor on court make it difficult for me to be a fan of her or her game, and whats worse is that she never feels remorse and apologizes for any of the actions I listed. Federer, like Justine, is a great tennis player but he, unlike Justine, plays by the rules and does not demean himself by doing ANYTHING to win a match.

****i do not want this thread to become an all out war. its just my opinion. you dont have to agree with it. an opinion can be right or wrong. giving me bad rep is childlike because i will not return it, and proves my believe that justine fans are too defensive

mboyle
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I didn't realize Mauresmo played in the Oz open final in 05:rolleyes: .

You are wrong.

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I feel a war coming along :bolt:

Bounty Hunter
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:41 PM
:lol: Another 15 pager....

50Sense
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I was just as outraged as anyone after RG 03 but I highly doubt any of this will cloud Justine's career. I mean honestly, she's a great player. Yeah she's made mistakes, some really sketchy ones, but that does not mean she doesn't deserve to be heralded as a great player.

John McEnroe had the behavior of a child, and is still noted for his greatness. I don't buy that a few incidents will cloud her entire career. Especially if she gets this career grand slam and continues to build on it.

MH0861
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Quick Poll: Be completely honest -- who really remembered that AO '04 Clijsters thing? :lol:

50 years from now, people will not remember any of this nonsense. Unless she becomes a super-great, people won't remember much of anything about her, much like most other tennis players. People will remember her slams, and not how she won them.

Bounty Hunter
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I was just as outraged as anyone after RG 03 but I highly doubt any of this will cloud Justine's career.

We know, but it's so much fun rubbing it in.... :devil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :secret: JHH fans haven't firgured it out yet.. they are kinda slow :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:49 PM
We know, but it's so much fun rubbing it in.... :devil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :secret: JHH fans haven't firgured it out yet.. they are kinda slow :lol:

Really?

Bounty Hunter
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Really?

Yes, really. That is why you bad rep me for it... ;) :lol: and all the other slow ones... :wavey:

Brashkoala
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:51 PM
in my book, it would make a world of difference if justine would have simply recognized she was wrong or showed some signs of remorse towards the actions i mentioned. if she showed some remorse, i might become a fan. the difference with mcenroe is that mcenroe acknowledged, now and then, that his behabior was childlike but good for the game. justine would do well to do the same.

Hachiko
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I disagree. I don't think those incidents will be enough to hinder her legacy of success and triumph.

50Sense
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Yes, really. That is why you bad rep me for it... ;) :lol: and all the other slow ones... :wavey:
Is this who I think it is......?

new-york
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Results, will be in the books. She is one of those who got the best ones.

Justine Fan

Of course we've figured it out ... we just enjoy playing along with you! :lol:

:secret: you are obviously even slower if you haven't figured that out yet! :D

Mother_Marjorie
Historically Justine will be remembered as one of the best from this generation. Perhaps maybe the best, but Justine hasn't finished her career yet.

She has a great future in the sport.

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:54 PM

No, if I bad-repped you, it was because you are an ass, or because you bad-repped me first. :kiss:

Bounty Hunter
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:56 PM
No, if I bad-repped you, it was because you are an ass, or because you bad-repped me first. :kiss:

Sure sweetie, whatever you say. :kiss: :hug:

Justine Fan
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:57 PM
in my book, it would make a world of difference if justine would have simply recognized she was wrong or showed some signs of remorse towards the actions i mentioned. if she showed some remorse, i might become a fan. the difference with mcenroe is that mcenroe acknowledged, now and then, that his behabior was childlike but good for the game. justine would do well to do the same.

Your book isn't the history books, so they don't count :lol:

You might become a fan if she showed remorse? Wow ... I must get on the phone and tell her that. I'm sure she'll be very remorseful then :haha:

:secret: By the way, McEnroe didn't acknowledge it at the time.
McEnroe loves Justine and loves the way she plays and is. He just said that on on Today at Wimbledon! :nerner:

Bounty Hunter
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Is this who I think it is......?

....... who would you like me to be? :lick:

Bounty Hunter
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:58 PM
:secret: you are obviously even slower if you haven't figured that out yet! :D

Don't make me post all your reps :tape: :lol:

mirzalover
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:02 AM
if she isnt remenber i dont think it well be because of times of questionable judgement i think it will because of the fact some players will be remenbered more. its sort of like hana mandlikova i had never even heard of her untill last year and then i was shocked when i heard she had won 4 grandslam titles and the only reason i feel she is less remembered is because she played at the same time of martina and chris but i doubt that this will happend since no two players have owned the tour in justine generation like chris and martina did

Brashkoala
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:06 AM
i sent this message to justine_fan after she said that i am upset because justine beat my favorites:

its not because she beat my favorites. i am not a fan of mauresmo, clijsters, or serena yet i admit that the bahavior justine portrayed against them was wrong. if she beats my best by playing fair i have no problem with justine. please read my edit on my post.

justine_fan replied with this message:

Get lost. If you ever send me a PM again I will report you for harrassing me.

i dont know the rules, but i dont want to take any risks so i will reply here. my message was a simple and normal message, and the reation i received was immature. the response she sent me is an attempt to blind him or herself from anyone who has a different view on justine than her own. i will cut all connections from justine_fan as of this message because my this post proves my point.

faboozadoo15
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:07 AM
at the end of the day, justine is going to be remembered as the little engine that could. nothing's going to get in the way of that.

she's going to win all four majors and probably get close to or pass double digits. a little gamesmanship isn't going to taint her.

oh, and im not a fan. at all really.

Drake1980
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:07 AM
:eyeroll:

DragonFlame
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:08 AM
****i do not want this thread to become an all out war. its just my opinion. you dont have to agree with it. an opinion can be right or wrong.

then why the hell do you make another thread about this subject stating your negative oppinion in it. That just shows how childish you yourself are. If you have any dignity you would delete this thread.

50Sense
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:12 AM
....... who would you like me to be? :lick:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, now I definitely know who this is lol

Brashkoala
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:14 AM
i wanted justine to have show remorse because she did something wrong not because i might be a fan of hers. mcenroe loves justine because of her tennis, like many tennis fans, but not because of her actions.

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:16 AM
i sent this message to justine_fan after she said that i am upset because justine beat my favorites:

its not because she beat my favorites. i am not a fan of mauresmo, clijsters, or serena yet i admit that the bahavior justine portrayed against them was wrong. if she beats my best by playing fair i have no problem with justine. please read my edit on my post.

i dont know the rules, but i dont want to take any risks so i will reply here. my message was a simple and normal message, and the reation i received was immature. the response she sent me is an attempt to blind him or herself from anyone who has a different view on justine than her own. i will cut all connections from justine_fan as of this message because my this post proves my point.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hallelujah! It worked :haha:

Brashkoala
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:18 AM
then why the hell do you make another thread about this subject stating your negative oppinion in it. That just shows how childish you yourself are. If you have any dignity you would delete this thread.

to give an opinion i never got the chance to give. im not going to delete this thread because i stand up for my opinions, good or bad. im not childish and i have dignity...if i didnt i would return the bad reps people gave me since i began the thread. those are the ones who are childish and have no dignity.

DragonFlame
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:20 AM
i wanted justine to have show remorse because she did something wrong not because i might be a fan of hers. mcenroe loves justine because of her tennis, like many tennis fans, but not because of her actions.

then show your oppinion in 1 of the other threads instead of making a new 1, their are at least a few other topics about this where you could state your oppinion. this topic has been beat to death and im sure almost everyone is sick of it. again, if you really mean the things you are saying you would delete this thread.

DragonFlame
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:22 AM
to give an opinion i never got the chance to give. im not going to delete this thread because i stand up for my opinions, good or bad. im not childish and i have dignity...if i didnt i would return the bad reps people gave me since i began the thread. those are the ones who are childish and have no dignity.

what has dignity got to do with reps? there are other threads where you can state your oppinion instead of making a new thread with a negative title and a negative oppinion on a topplayer.
nice way of 'standing up for your oppinion' :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I don't like her personally but you have to respect what she's done on the court. She may be a slag but she's a champion grand slam slag.

Brashkoala
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:28 AM
then show your oppinion in 1 of the other threads instead of making a new 1, their are at least a few other topics about this where you could state your oppinion. this topic has been beat to death and im sure almost everyone is sick of it. again, if you really mean the things you are saying you would delete this thread.

the number of replies to this thread would have been the same whether i posted it in an old one or a new one. im not deleting it.

Il Primo!
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:30 AM
:yawn:

:wavey:

Anne K.
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Hmmm. I've yet to see Justine cross the net to examine a ball mark on the
clay during a match, AND RUB THE MARK OUT WITH HER FOOT!! Honest to
God, Jimmy Conners did that during a clay match back in the '70's and got
away with it!! And people call HIM a "great champion", which is true. No one
ever said you had to be a nice or a good person to be a winner. In fact, being
a bitch or a bastard is more likely. Just where has niceness gotten Kimmie
Clijsters?? So if Justine achieves enough, she will certainly be remembered
as a great champ regardless of her niceness or lack of it!*

*This is not to say I consider Justine either an angel or a bitch; "frankly
my dear, I don't give a damn!!" :lol:

auntie janie
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Jimmy Connors did SO many things that were SO much more controversial than anything Justine has ever said or done. Yet today he is regarded with so much respect as a great champion. So your fantasy that Justine will be remembered badly is way off base.

tommyk75
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Hmmm. I've yet to see Justine cross the net to examine a ball mark on the
clay during a match, AND RUB THE MARK OUT WITH HER FOOT!! Honest to
God, Jimmy Conners did that during a clay match back in the '70's and got
away with it!! And people call HIM a "great champion", which is true. No one
ever said you had to be a nice or a good person to be a winner. In fact, being
a bitch or a bastard is more likely. Just where has niceness gotten Kimmie
Clijsters?? So if Justine achieves enough, she will certainly be remembered
as a great champ regardless of her niceness or lack of it!*

*This is not to say I consider Justine either an angel or a bitch; "frankly
my dear, I don't give a damn!!" :lol:

Great point! And think of all the BS John McEnroe pulled in his day. And there was the time Boris Becker received some kind of treatment when he wasn't supposed to at Wimbledon one year. Are people saying that they shouldn't be considered champions because of those incidents?

As for the WTA, there was the Wimbledon semifinal between Martina N and Chris Evert, where Chris was down a match point and hit a forehand cross-court passing shot that either just hit the line or was just out. The linesperson hesitated, then called the ball out. Chris was furious, because Martina had glared at the linesperson, and she felt that Martina had intimidated him into making the call.

The bottom line is: controversial and crappy stuff happens, but ultimately, the titles don't lie. Henin's a champion, whether you like her or not.

Cp6uja
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Justine is a great tennis player and will more than likely become a member of the Tennis Hall of Fame, but she will not be remembered as being a great champion because of the following reasons:

2. Her influence on calling a ball out that was in to allow her to serve for the match against Kim Clijsters at the Australian Open in 2004

What is definition of "greate champion"?

Mihael Schumacher, Mike Tyson or Diego Maradona is "greate champions" but have much "harder" career incidents than this - so what!?... or maybe John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg is better examples for this discusion? Kim is maybe best WTA person ever, she reach #1 position and have 5 GS finals (+1 title)... but sorry - she is not "greate champion" (so far), but Justine YES (especialy if she win today Wimbledon, because she already won AO, RG and USO), and because she is one of best clay players ever and have have maybe best ever womans backhand in history... Maybe Chris Evert or Pete Sampras (Federer too) is "perfect persons", but they have status of "greate champions" because they realy greate champions, not because they is "good person". Be real - this incidents is not so hard or unforgivable like we see in some sports cases...

MH0861
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:16 AM
The only people who will not remember Justine as a great champion are bitter fans of other players who can't get over incidents in the past.

Volcana
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:18 AM
She's has a shot at ending her career with more slams than Seles. If she does, she'll be remembered as a great champ.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:31 AM
i can't fucking stand justine, but you have to give her some credit, she is a champion, and a 5-time one at that. if mary pierce, lindsay daveport, and others are hall-of-famers, she certainly will be.

best of luck to amelie tomorrow btw hehe;):)

Martian Jeza
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:33 AM
A champion yeah but with the most sad personnality ever seen on the wta tour history...

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:38 AM
A champion yeah but with the most sad personnality ever seen on the wta tour history...

Well then you obviously have a lot in common with her .... except you are not a champion of the wta tour history :haha: :haha: but do have the most saddest personality of the WTAworld.com messageboard. :lol: :lol:

Have a nice day now :devil:

Martian Jeza
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Well then you obviously have a lot in common with her .... except you are not a champion of the wta tour history :haha: :haha: but do have the most saddest personality of the WTAworld.com messageboard. :lol: :lol:

Have a nice day now :devil:

Thx a lot ! Coming from you is like a great compliment... You often have no argumentation but yeah long live personnal attacks :worship:

Dawn Marie
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Justine is a great talent but she is no champion. Champions lose gracefully. Say what you will but Justine is a cheater through and through. I didn't follow other players before I followed Justine so I can't comment on them. I like her game and her shot making ability but I know in my heart that her bullshit stunt that she did at OZ 06 was foul and signs of a true loser.

She can win 22 slams in her career but her bad sportsmanship will always override anything she has won or will ever win in her tennis life. In my opinion. I take sports seriously and Justine has done stunts that I know I will never ignore. Shre cheats and u all can try to forget about it all you want but I am not. Retiring from a stomache ache?? Only punks do that crap in a sport. She rather save face and not lose then to show TRUE CHAMPION SPIRIT toward another college and allowed Mauresmo to win her match. Juju will do whatever it takes to win. How in the hell can anyone just ignore that stunt? It was pathetic.

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Justine is a great talent but she is no champion. Champions lose gracefully. Say what you will but Justine is a cheater through and through. I didn't follow other players before I followed Justine so I can't comment on them. I like her game and her shot making ability but I know in my heart that her bullshit stunt that she did at OZ 06 was foul and signs of a true loser.

She can win 22 slams in her career but her bad sportsmanship will always override anything she has won or will ever win in her tennis life. In my opinion. I take sports seriously and Justine has done stunts that I know I will never ignore. Shre cheats and u all can try to forget about it all you want but I am not. Retiring from a stomache ache?? Only punks do that crap in a sport. She rather save face and not lose then to show TRUE CHAMPION SPIRIT toward another college and allowed Mauresmo to win her match. Juju will do whatever it takes to win. How in the hell can anyone just ignore that stunt? It was pathetic.

oooooooohhhhh.....

Someone's not happy that Justine has the opportunity to surpass Hingis and Venus with a 6th GS title, AND complete the career slam they likely will never hold.

Quite possibly, tomorrow, not only will you have the "Hand", but a "finger" as well :devil:

cheesestix
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:56 AM

Blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

As for the last part...how is retiring from a match doing "whatever it takes to win"? :lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:57 AM

Have you let UNESCO know about this? They make take her title away if you do. Would you like their address? :haha: :haha:

cheesestix
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:59 AM
oooooooohhhhh.....

Someone's not happy that Justine has the opportunity to surpass Hingis and Venus with a 6th GS title, AND complete the career slam they likely will never hold.

Quite possibly, tomorrow, not only will you have the "Hand", but a "finger" as well :devil:

Exactly! :lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:59 AM

As for the last part...how is retiring from a match doing "whatever it takes to win"? :lol:

:haha: :haha:

Just goes to prove my point ... that they are only hating because their faves are no where near to what JuJu is achieving and are writing the biggest load of shit going just to show hate! If they really believed what they put then their posts would make sense! :lol: :lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:01 AM

Which college was that? Was it Houston, LA, New York? :haha: :haha:

Robbie.
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:06 AM
:retard: At this thread.

I don't like Justine very much, but she is a champion and that is all there is to it.

Dawn Marie
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Which college was that? Was it Houston, LA, New York? :haha: :haha:

Well since u asked the college was called. "Cheaters University". No that wasn't the one. She went to "PETO-BISMAL MONTESSORI". lol

Look juju has a great talent and will win more slams. I like her style of play but this doesn't mean that I am going to ignore the truth about her sportsmanship. U saw Justine's true colors during defeat. Justine is not a champion and real sports players know this. U are a tennis fan but people who actually coach,teach and PLAY the game know the real deal.

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Well since u asked the college was called. "Cheaters University". No that wasn't the one. She went to "PETO-BISMAL MONTESSORI". lol

Look juju has a great talent and will win more slams. I like her style of play but this doesn't mean that I am going to ignore the truth about her sportsmanship. U saw Justine's true colors during defeat. Justine is not a champion and real sports players know this. U are a tennis fan but people who actually coach,teach and PLAY the game know the real deal.

Obviously UNESCO (I'm sure you know who they are) see things differently than you and various haters, because as you know they want her and she has the job as their representative.

Anyway, I've offered to give you their address so you can write to them. Do you want it or not? :devil:

cheesestix
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:22 AM
She went to "PETO-BISMAL MONTESSORI". lol

:haha: (btw, I'm laughing at you, not with you)

Justine is not a champion and real sports players know this.

She has 5 GS titles that say she is a champion. :cool:

U are a tennis fan but people who actually coach,teach and PLAY the game know the real deal.

You mean someone such as yourself? :haha:

Couver
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:26 AM
The thing is, only posters on this board know those instances of gamesmanship that Henin is accused of. To the general tennis public she is a 5 time major champion with a chance to become a 6 time major champion. Also it depends on how you look at it, it could be argued that Henin did whatever it took to win, which at the end of the day for her and her fans is all that matters. Furthermore you can't win a GS and be forgotten, let alone more than one. People still talk about Gabby and even Iva.

This is a flame thread plain and simple.

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:29 AM

Well that's weird because on the programme "Today at Wimbledon", Rafael Nadal :hearts: , Michael Stitch and John McEnroe :worship: all said that she is a wonderful tennis player and deserves to win Wimbledon and they all predicted she would, plus Tracey Austin. Now whether that turns out to be the case, we'll have to wait and see, but boy oh boy, 4 tennis greats saying what a fabulous tennis player she is sure doesn't bod well with what you are saying. Don't know why ..... but I tend to believe what they have to say about her rather than what you have to say. :lol:

Ooh lovely Rafael Nadal complimenting Justine ... ooooh :inlove:

MH0861
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Well that's weird because on the programme "Today at Wimbledon", Rafael Nadal :hearts: , Michael Stitch and John McEnroe :worship: all said that she is a wonderful tennis player and deserves to win Wimbledon and they all predicted she would, plus Tracey Austin. Now whether that turns out to be the case, we'll have to wait and see, but boy oh boy, 4 tennis greats saying what a fabulous tennis player she is sure doesn't bod well with what you are saying. Don't know why ..... but I tend to believe what they have to say about her rather than what you have to say. :lol:

Ooh lovely Rafael Nadal complimenting Justine ... ooooh :inlove:

Obviously, like Justine, they all work for the Devil too. They have tainted opinions and cannot be trusted.

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Obviously, like Justine, they all work for the Devil too. They have tainted opinions and cannot be trusted.

Obviously! ;)

Abizack
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:01 AM

This is merely my opinion. I know these topics have been beat to death on the forum, but I have never posted my feelings regarding Justine until now. I do not dislike or like Justine. Hoever, I will say her actions and demeanor on court make it difficult for me to be a fan of her or her game, and whats worse is that she never feels remorse and apologizes for any of the actions I listed. Federer, like Justine, is a great tennis player but he, unlike Justine, plays by the rules and does not demean himself by doing ANYTHING to win a match.

****i do not want this thread to become an all out war. its just my opinion. you dont have to agree with it. an opinion can be right or wrong. giving me bad rep is childlike because i will not return it, and proves my believe that justine fans are too defensive

#2 is a little iffy if you ask me. How many players do that when they think a ball was out? If that was the case you should put that strike against every player in the history of tennis that threw their hands up or pointed up after the ball hit. If I recall correctly, that ball was out anyways.

#1 and #3 were brutal though.

50Sense
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:56 AM
#2 is a little iffy if you ask me. How many players do that when they think a ball was out? If that was the case you should put that strike against every player in the history of tennis that threw their hands up or pointed up after the ball hit. If I recall correctly, that ball was out anyways.

#1 and #3 were brutal though.

No....it was in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jennifer North
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:57 AM
:devil: Justine is a great tennis player and will more than likely become a member of the Tennis Hall of Fame, but she will not be remembered as being a great champion because of the following reasons:

wow, if those are not the biggest lies of the month, I don't know which ones are :tape: :lol:

one thing is certain, honey... she will not be forgotten by the kinds of Brashkoala, who resorted to reactivate this secondary account :wavey: just to have a bash at Henin, now that she is dangerously getting close to surpass his/her favorite player accomplishments... ;) :tape:

Stamp Paid
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Sure she wont. :rolleyes:

Reuchlin
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:22 AM

:worship: :worship:

vogus
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:23 AM
which jackass wtaworld troll is this? I'm sure "Brashkoala" is an alias for a better known poster.

Brashkoala
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:28 AM

Great Post.

At the end of the day, Justine will have to ask herself what good is a champion without grace? The answer ofcourse is no good.

Pasta-Na
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:30 AM
actually i think henin can be the great tennis player since graf retired. she will win more than 10 G.S singles titles in her career it is for sure.

the coming 3 or 4 years... french open will still belong to her. plus 1 or 2 years of australian open :D

Brashkoala
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:44 AM
which jackass wtaworld troll is this? I'm sure "Brashkoala" is an alias for a better known poster.

i cant believe im getting bad rep because you guys think im some guy who got banned. so petty.

xin_hui
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Quick Poll: Be completely honest -- who really remembered that AO '04 Clijsters thing? :lol:

ME

Crazy Canuck
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:19 AM
I would really only make sense to "rub it in" if she actually, you know, lost the match. Remind me who won that slam?

Junex
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:19 AM

Wow you are desperate...beat it already....:rolleyes:

égalité
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:25 AM
She's has a shot at ending her career with more slams than Seles. If she does, she'll be remembered as a great champ.

And Seles could've (should've) ended her career with more slams than Graf. :sad:

Pasta-Na
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:51 AM
And Seles could've (should've) ended her career with more slams than Graf. :sad:

how about 49 years old martina? :angel:

syd
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:36 AM
we remembered someone as a champion thanks to titles & no 'cause oh his or her behaviour !!!!
an example : hingis

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I hate Justine. But she will be one of the best ever

Hagar
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:17 AM

I totally agree. Remorse and apologies are not in her dictionnary.
There is no comparison possible between her and Federer. JHH is a terrific tennis player but I can't like her.
She has no class, and she never will have class because class is something you have or you don't have. Federer is all class that is why it is so easy to like him. Take yesterday. He was absolutely trashing Bjorkman, still he does it in such a way that you feel he still respects his opponent.

Petersmiler
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Another day, another thread..............

As other posters have said, why didn't you just post your opinion in one of the MANY other threads on this very subject?

Allez! Make it six Justine and we'll really see some desperate posts on here!

JulesVerne
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:27 AM

Not sure how retiring helps you win a match. Given Amelie's history on big occasions I certainly would not have retired; there was always a possibility that Amelie feels the pressure of the event or even suffers injury herself. The only way Justine was certain TO LOSE was retire.

Hagar
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Obviously UNESCO (I'm sure you know who they are) see things differently than you and various haters, because as you know they want her and she has the job as their representative.

And who says JHH has not lobbyed intensively to get that job.
It is obvious she is on a mission to improve her image.
Recently she said in an interview that is she would like to do something in media after tennis. And then she added that she likes communication contrary to the fact that some people "might think I am rather closed".

She does not get it. People do not like her because she is "closed". BTW, I never have the feeling she is closed or timid, she is a good talker.
The reason why people do not like her is because she is a dishonest, mean person! And I am sure she will not be able to change her behaviour because it is just her personality. So we will see more mean things by her which will prevent people from liking her. Winning more slams will not make a difference...

JulesVerne
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM
we remembered someone as a champion thanks to titles & no 'cause oh his or her behaviour !!!!
an example : hingis

Hingis in the FO final 1999. Justine certainly has not matched Hingis. :lol:

Brαm
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:52 AM
There is no comparison possible between her and Federer.
wait a second! Here's what you posted some time ago :o

The woman that is closest to Fed is Justine, I think, because her game is so complete and she has a marvellous touch. http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5104607&postcount=5

JHH is a terrific tennis player but I can't like her.
She has no class, and she never will have class because class is something you have or you don't have.
But you wrote this some time ago :lol:It's fantastic news. I just hope she's not stretching herself but I guess she would not go if she did not feel OK.
Match play is all she lacks. The talent is there, the attitude is there. If she is truly fit, she is THE favourite for the Games.http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=3919002&postcount=7
:worship: Justine!
Great stuff. Can't see you lose the final against either Pierce or Elena L. Hope it's Elena L. though, so as to make the French shut up.http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5534840&postcount=16

worshipping a player you hate, Hagar? :devil:

With these three wins in a row Justine reminded everyone that she is a true champ. And she is such a joy to watch. Can't wait for her to face the Sisters at Roland Garros.
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5416342&postcount=25

Gosh! You're so fickle, Hagar :eek:
Schizo, anyone? :haha:

moby
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Bram :worship:

But, you know, Justine's up her slam total from 3 to 5 since the last of those posts. And we do know the hate that a player receives is directly proportional to the number of slams they own.

tennislover
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:11 AM
i disagree totally

Justine is an amazing player
her game level is stellar
so she will remembered as a great champion.period

said that, I'm rooting for amelie today :D

Jakeev
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:23 AM

Unless Justine flat smacks a player over the head with a tennis racquet on purpose, Justine definitely will become a Hall of Fame player.

But hey like you said you are entitled to your opinions which I think is wrong in this particular case.

Carmen Mairena
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Thread starter won't be remembered either... :retard:

Hagar
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:58 AM

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5104607&postcount=5

But you wrote this some time ago :lol:http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=3919002&postcount=7
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5534840&postcount=16

WOW Bram, this post must cost you a lot of time and energy to find my old posts back... Or do you bookmark all of them. What an attention for a poster you keep giving badreps with the most vile comments. And you even ask your boyfriend to badrep me and his comments are even viler.

You don't get it. Justine is a very good tennis player. Her game is probably the most complete of the WTA and in that respect she resembles Federer. No true tennis fan can deny that.

But where there is NO comparison possible between Federer and Justine, is concerning their personality. That is the point I was making.

Besides, people's opinions change. The longer I follow tennis, the less I can stand Justine. I don't like her.
Don't tell me you do not know that it is possible to not like someone... There must after all be a reason for you vile comments when you badrep me, no? Want me to post some of your badrep comments and those of your bf?

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Recently she said in an interview that is she would like to do something in media after tennis. And then she added that she likes communication contrary to the fact that some people "might think I am rather closed".

Where's the link to the interview?

She does not get it. People do not like her because she is "closed". BTW, I never have the feeling she is closed or timid, she is a good talker.
The reason why people do not like her is because she is a dishonest, mean person! And I am sure she will not be able to change her behaviour because it is just her personality. So we will see more mean things by her which will prevent people from liking her. Winning more slams will not make a difference...

Not unlike you then? :lol: :lol: Except you have no talent, are not a millionaire, are not in the history books, etc, etc ..... you get my drift don't you? ;) :D :devil:

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:10 AM

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5104607&postcount=5

But you wrote this some time ago :lol:http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=3919002&postcount=7
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5534840&postcount=16

Bram :worship: :worship: :worship:

That was ABSOLUTELY AN AMAZING POST! :lol: :lol:

Kart
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:01 AM
A few years ago everyone was going on about Serena and Venus not crediting their opponents enough, before that there was Hingis shooting her mouth off, then there was Steffi not acknowledging Monica's stabbing, then there was Monica screaming to put off opponents ... nobody seems to remember those things now :shrug:.

Smackie
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Nowadays I usually just read through what other fans have to say about Justine - very rarely participate in those arguments that lead to absolutely nowhere. But man, are you full of shit or what!?

Yes, there were couple of things that Justine said or done that even a fan would question over. But there are other incidents that are really down to one's opinion. Like AO06 for example, may be I am biased but Justine looked so pale when she walked onto the court - and didn't get better after the first set. You just have to wonder if she should have played to start with. Also, do you really think she would think she could win after the set? Don't think so - then why would she play another two games? To please herself? Get real mate.

There are always a couple of retirements in every tournaments, are you telling me that all these players should be damned because they were unwell or injured?

No one would try to discredit Momo's achievement except those sceptics of hers. In my mind, Momo had a very very good chance to win even if Justine was 200% that day. It is unfortunate that she wasn't well and lost the title. For some reason, I pretty much doubt she would give up if she had 50% left in her tank.

Justine is not a 'lets-have-a-hug' kinda player - and I don't think any of her fans want her to be. She can be a ruthless bitch sometimes - but don't get me wrong, I don't think I would like her as much if she is not!

You can pick on her on all you can but she is already in the history book as great champion and it cannot be taken away because you dislike her.

flyingmachine
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:16 AM
She is already a Great champion and this is even before today's final.

flyingmachine
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:20 AM
A few years ago everyone was going on about Serena and Venus not crediting their opponents enough, before that there was Hingis shooting her mouth off, then there was Steffi not acknowledging Monica's stabbing, then there was Monica screaming to put off opponents ... nobody seems to remember those things now :shrug:.
You are very right on that. I think same thing will happened to Justine. I bet years later after Justine retire people will say how much they missed her and saying how great she was etc..

ans
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:11 PM
WOW Bram, this post must cost you a lot of time and energy to find my old posts back... Or do you bookmark all of them. What an attention for a poster you keep giving badreps with the most vile comments. And you even ask your boyfriend to badrep me and his comments are even viler.

You don't get it. Justine is a very good tennis player. Her game is probably the most complete of the WTA and in that respect she resembles Federer. No true tennis fan can deny that.

But where there is NO comparison possible between Federer and Justine, is concerning their personality. That is the point I was making.

Besides, people's opinions change. The longer I follow tennis, the less I can stand Justine. I don't like her.
Don't tell me you do not know that it is possible to not like someone... There must after all be a reason for you vile comments when you badrep me, no? Want me to post some of your badrep comments and those of your bf?

Speaking of being mean...

You disappoint me actually, I didn't know you were so full of hate.

terjw
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM

Some of this sort of thing is remembered by the casual fan - some of it won't really be known.

Examples of things that won't be known or remembered:

Serena & Venus not creditting their opponent.
Steffi not acknowledging Monica's stabbing.
Justine' allez's, the hand incident, the AO 2004 final line call incident.
Examples of things people will remember:

Hingis's antics against Steffi at RG.
John Mac's behaviour - "You cannot be seeerious".
Seles' & Sharopova's screams.
None of this diminishes whether a player is remeberes as a great champion however.

terjw
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Y'know I really wish you hadn't gone that far. I'm not fond of Justine myself and there are instances in the past where I don't like what she did. That's as far as I go because it's a whole different ball game from then going on and saying she is fundamentally a dishonest and mean person.

It's your opinion - but I do believe that Justine is a very intense and closed person like she said and and it is precisely that which makes it harder for a lot of people - well me anyway - to like her more than Kim say.

Martian KC
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Am I a bad fan for loving all the hate Justine produces? She's all powerful.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:02 PM
I hate Justine. But she will be one of the best ever

agreed. her game is so fluid and so clean, esp. when compared to others who are just as talented/powerful as she is.

i think if she wins just as many gs as someone like serena or just as many gs as martina hingis, serena & martina would be considered slightly greater champions though because there isn't all that nasty controversy that's negative towards them.

Kart
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM
None of this diminishes whether a player is remembered as a great champion however.

I agree that's the key point - the McEnroe example is an excellent one :yeah:.

eck
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
She may not have won Wimbledon this year, but she's a champ in my books :)

hingis2002cn
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:07 AM
bad sportsmanship
i hate her forever
2003,FO with williams
2004 AO with kim

though she is a great fighter.
but i hate her.

hingis2002cn
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:09 AM
but she is a very great player , i like her game ,
and she is a great fighter
she si a great tennnis player
i respect her, though i hate her.

irma
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:19 AM

Kart :wavey:
This board is finally living in 2006? :bounce:

Yasmine
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Now tell me how many players since the WTA tour exists have won 5 slams :scratch: Is justine number 32,568? :shrug: yeah no wonder she won't be remembered in that case :devil:

:rolleyes:

SelesFan70
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:13 AM
at the end of the day, justine is going to be remembered as the little engine that could. nothing's going to get in the way of that.

I totally agree!

she's going to win all four majors and probably get close to or pass double digits. a little gamesmanship isn't going to taint her.

I dunno if she'll get to double digits, but she will win Wimbledon one day!

oh, and im not a fan. at all really.

Same here

UncleZeke
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:24 AM
That is the truth. Whether anyone likes it or not..

basset
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:56 AM
justine has her fans but mainly in france. i think she is a very unsympathic player... but of course a great player,,,

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM
bad sportsmanship
i hate her forever
2003,FO with williams
2004 AO with kim

though she is a great fighter.
but i hate her.

Hingis

1999 FO Final with Graf
Calling Mauresmo a man

Shall I continue? :D

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Now tell me how many players since the WTA tour exists have won 5 slams :scratch: Is justine number 32,568? :shrug: yeah no wonder she won't be remembered in that case :devil:

:rolleyes:

Yasmine .... you forgot a couple of things :hug: :D

Olympic Gold Medal
Highest number of ranking points in one year 2003/4
45 weeks at no. 1
Quickest earner of $2million in 6 months
Player not to drop a set on way to winning Grand Slam in 2006
1st player in years to defend title at RG
3rd player in Open history to win RG and then Eastbourne straight after ... the other two being Navratilova and Evert

Of course she won't be remembered :lol:
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Justine Fan
Jul 9th, 2006, 11:36 AM
justine has her fans but mainly in france. i think she is a very unsympathic player... but of course a great player,,,

Incorrect I'm afraid! :rolleyes: There are plenty of other places that she has more fans.

Can you please tell me where you got that information from that it's France? Why would it be France when they have the worlds no.1?

On another note .... why do people pretend to know what they are talking about, when clearly they don't know the true information? Especially when they are not a fan of that player, so don't take that much notice of what the player is up to?

Why? :shrug: Can anyone answer that question please?

roooobert
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:17 PM
well, in sweden i bet barely no one knows who justine is.. williams sisters and kournikova are the only well known.. and sharapova getting more and more press..

justine is a good player, but not one that will be remembered for something special.. espacially not outside the obsessed tennis fans as us..

williams and kournikova came with something new to tennis, perhaps not fair, but justine wouldnt get more famous than them.. even if she won a real grand slam

eck
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:27 PM
well, in sweden i bet barely no one knows who justine is.. williams sisters and kournikova are the only well known.. and sharapova getting more and more press..

justine is a good player, but not one that will be remembered for something special.. espacially not outside the obsessed tennis fans as us..

williams and kournikova came with something new to tennis, perhaps not fair, but justine wouldnt get more famous than them.. even if she won a real grand slam

That's the way I like it. :)
Underrated to many people's eyes. :hearts:
A real grand slam?

Melly Flew Us
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:21 PM
The thing is, only posters on this board know those instances of gamesmanship that Henin is accused of. ....
that is not strictly true. but she is a great champion.

Martian Jeza
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:43 PM

What about Martina then ? :p

davidmario
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM
She won't be remembered because...
...She's no Diva
...She's not hot
...Her english is bad
...Her outfits are not extravagant

Only true tennisexperts will remember her - even if she wins 10 more slams, she'll never reach the status of Venus/Serena, Sharapova, Hingis, Pierce;

She's one of those Petrova, Schnyder-clones.

dizoo
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:47 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
these players you like (Maria Sharapova Tatiana Golovin Daniela Hantuchova Maria Kirilenko) they'll be reminded as great champs....not Justine :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kart
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Kart :wavey:
This board is finally living in 2006? :bounce:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: