PDA

View Full Version : Will Venus Williams raise a trophy tomorrow after all?

LH2HBH
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Has anyone been so excited about a mixed doubles final as they are now? I can't remember any, can you?

vwfan
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Go Venus. She came in saying she wanted this, so let's hope she gets it.

It would be pretty impressive to complete her career slam in mixed doubles--a goal she has set for herself!

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Yes I'm totally excited about the mixed doubles it's been a unreal ride. Venus has erased all the drama and pain from her singles lost. She has never won the mixed so this is indeed a nice treat. Venus and Bob are totally amazing.

vwfan
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:15 PM
anyone know who would be the more formidable matchup of the two remaining contenders?!

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=vwfan]anyone know who would be the more formidable matchup of the two remaining contenders?![/QUOT
The Blacks

deep bass
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Watched the Black/Black game earlier, wasn't too impressed, I've seen them play a lot better. Ram/Bepa have played really well when I've seen them, hope they get the semi tom.
The final will be a cracking match either way.

Viktymise
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:38 PM
anyone know who would be the more formidable matchup of the two remaining contenders?!
Ye the blacks would be very tough, Cara is really something, she is very dangerous at net but if it was the final it would be a great match it think with Vee/Bob holding the trophy, Vee came here for a Wimbledon title and she aint leavin without one :)

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:38 AM
bryan/williams win 6-3, 6-3

great to see Venus back in doubles! i hope serena will do the same next year.

Rachel_
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Raam/Zvonereva look the business as do Bryan/ Williams will make a fab final

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Zvonereva against Navy/partner (forgot who he was) was brilliant. She was really good. She hit some great lobs and was perhaps the player of the match.

Cariaoke
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:17 AM
I'm going with VeeBob... they're the seed slayers. :kiss:

Whoever faces them in the final will make excellent opponents but I hope it's a straight sets victory for Team Willyan. :worship:

Please do a chest bump!!! :haha:

RJWCapriati
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Bryan/Williams

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:32 AM
best of luck to the Americans!!!!!!

nikita771
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:33 AM
They've been playing an incredible tournament. It would be amazing to see them go all the way.

Paneru
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Go Venus. She came in saying she wanted this, so let's hope she gets it.

It would be pretty impressive to complete her career slam in mixed doubles--a goal she has set for herself!

It wouldn't be complete until
she won the US Open should
they win tommorrow.

Regardless, I think Venus has found her
perminent MD's partner if she wants.

vwfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:39 AM
It wouldn't be complete until
she won the US Open should
they win tommorrow.

Regardless, I think Venus has found her
perminent MD's partner if she wants.yeah, i meant if she wins tomorrow, she and bob can partner at the U.S. open and seh'll be done.

she's serving great and venus is really confident when her serve is clicking. glad she's getting the chance to practice it in actual match play. it was her undoing against ivanovic.

Paneru
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:40 AM
yeah, i meant if she wins tomorrow, she and bob can partner at the U.S. open and seh'll be done.

she's serving great and venus is really confident when her serve is clicking. glad she's getting the chance to practice it in actual match play. it was her undoing against ivanovic.
Venus didn't play Ana. ;)

IMO, it was the bp opportunities
that she missed that was her undoing.

vwfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Venus didn't play Ana. ;)

IMO, it was the bp opportunities
that she missed that was her undoing.oops! my bad. those vics are confusing, just like the ovas.

well, i was thinking of her serve game at 3-4 or 2-3 in the final set, and she had three double points including one one on break point.

Paneru
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:47 AM
oops! my bad. those vics are confusing, just like the ovas.

well, i was thinking of her serve game at 3-4 or 2-3 in the final set, and she had three double points including one one on break point.
I was thinking of the sp's in
the 1st set, plus 3all final set
on Jankovic's serve down 15-40.