PDA

View Full Version : 1996: The year lesbians took control of Wimbledon Central Court

spiceboy
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
http://external.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2006/06/24/wimbledon_historia/1151151059_extras_albumes_0.jpg (http://www.elmundo.es/albumes/2006/06/24/wimbledon_historia/index_5.html)

From right to left:

Rennae Stubbs (half of it LOL), Martina Navratilova, Gigi Fernandez, Conchita Martínez, hilarious Cliff Richards :lol: and Inés Gorrochategui

drake3781
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I'll bite. Can you say a bit more about what this shot is and why it is filled with lesbians :p ?

ToeTag
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Puhleez. No lesbian would wear a turquoise tie with checked jacket. Cliffs a fake!

spiceboy
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
There were these usual rain breaks that year and at one point someone (not really on his mind) asked Sir Richards who was watching the matches, to entertain the audience :tape:

Don't know about the fabulous lesbo choir behind him but I guess they were celebrating Stevenson loss @ the Juniors or something like that :devil:

TheAllan
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Don't know about the fabulous lesbo choir behind him but I guess they were celebrating Stevenson loss @ the Juniors or something like that :devil:
:haha:

Only Patricia Tarabini missing and maybe K.D. Lang for a duet with Cliff.

baleineau
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:08 PM
not liking conchita's double chin in this picture

Sally Struthers
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:09 PM
without reading the caption I thought Cliff Richards was Billie Jean King :haha:

Il Primo!
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
:secret: from left to right ;)

spencercarlos
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
without reading the caption I thought Cliff Richards was Billie Jean King :haha:
omg :lol: i thought the same ;)

spiceboy
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:13 PM
:secret: from left to right ;)

:help: :lol: :kiss:

Mike_T
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:19 PM
http://external.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2006/06/24/wimbledon_historia/1151151059_extras_albumes_0.jpg
We're all going on a lezzie holiday.
No more wanking for a week or two.
Sex and tennis on a lezzie holiday.
No more wanking for me and you.
For a week or two

Bette_Midler
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:37 PM
http://external.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2006/06/24/wimbledon_historia/1151151059_extras_albumes_0.jpg (http://www.elmundo.es/albumes/2006/06/24/wimbledon_historia/index_5.html)

From right to left:

Rennae Stubbs (half of it LOL), Martina Navratilova, Gigi Fernandez, Conchita Martínez, hilarious Cliff Richards :lol: and Inés Gorrochategui

lol esa foto ya la puse spice cuando empezó wimbledon :p

y otra cosa... Inés Gorrochategui está casada...asi que tan lesbina como graf jajajajajaja

Bette_Midler
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:44 PM
for non spanish speakers

the rumour in those times was that Ines was the gf of Steffi :lol:

Elisse
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:48 PM
for non spanish speakers

hmmmmm...very interesting! :drool: :devil:

Bette_Midler
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:51 PM
hmmmmm...very interesting! :drool: :devil:

:lol: yes Eli is time to upgrade wikipedia profiles :lol:

Elisse
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:54 PM
:lol: yes Eli is time to upgrade wikipedia profiles :lol:

hahahahahhahaha :lol: :devil:

-Sonic-
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I want the man between Martina and Gigi....

spiceboy
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:58 PM
for non spanish speakers

As rumours in 1994 were that Steffi's girlfriend back then was Rennae Stubbs (still remember Rennae in the players box sitting next to Steffi's mum during 1994 US Open final)

Not to create any controversy here but it is well known in the circuit that Andre and Steffi just married to have a family and kids (let's say they helped each other...) Nothing wrong about this...

But anyone has any serious doubt about it? Inés and Rennae were more than friends with Steffi, I'm telling you...and come on, I'm sure everyone remembers how Agassi was forced (by his agents) to have an affair with gay icon (and 20 years older than him) Barbra Streisand :lol:

She was even sitting in Wimbledon players box the year Andre won it...absolutely ridiculous :tape:

Talita Kumi
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:13 AM
LESBIANS! :rocker2:

davidmario
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:21 AM
what is conchita wearing?!:eek:

nikita771
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:23 AM

ME TOO!:D

Joana
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Andre and Steffi just married to have a family and kids

They got married because they wanted to have family and kids? Shocking.

FERLKE
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Ines!!! :hearts: :kiss:

Pasta-Na
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:18 AM
what a :eek: post!

So Disrespectful
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:27 AM
And exactly 10 years later, another lesbian is about to take control of centre court.

UncleZeke
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:29 AM
what is conchita wearing?!:eek:
Well, considering its Conchita, anything is better than nothing...

kes
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:36 AM
And exactly 10 years later, another lesbian is about to take control of centre court.

yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Tennisation
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:40 AM
And exactly 10 years later, another lesbian is about to take control of centre court.make that 2 ;) one is out, the other is still in Pierre's closet

So Disrespectful
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:46 AM
make that 2 ;) one is out, the other is still in Pierre's closet

But only one will take control :devil:

TheAllan
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:58 AM
But anyone has any serious doubt about it? Inés and Rennae were more than friends with Steffi, I'm telling you...
Remember the speculation, but still find the evidence rather flimsy I must admit. :p

Particularly if the strongest point is Rennae's one-time presence in Steffi's box during a US Open final. There could conceivably be other common denominators between the two than sheer lesbianism as an explanation for this occurence.

Carmen Mairena
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:39 AM

:haha: :rolls:

Mike_T
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Remember the speculation, but still find the evidence rather flimsy I must admit. :p

Particularly if the strongest point is Rennae's one-time presence in Steffi's box during a US Open final. There could conceivably be other common denominators between the two than sheer lesbianism as an explanation for this occurence.How much more evidence do you need? It has to of been more than plutonic if she was enjoying access to Steffi’s box. Lucky Rennae!

gmak
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:11 AM
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: i remember that day :o

actually the right order was
Shriver-Stubbs-Nav-Gigi-Conchita-Gorrochategui :devil:

it was ladies semifinals day actually, where it rained, but play finally got under way just in time for the first semi to be completed and the second to be suspended at 1-set-all, luckily for Graf...

Libertango
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:59 AM
A cringing moment...(because of Cliff, not the lesbians! :tape: :lol: )

^bibi^
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:02 PM

Me too :haha: :haha:

TS
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
:lol:

Actually I had no idea Ines was gay. Not that it matters of course, I just never really caught on.

azinna
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I thought that Year was 1994: Martina, Conchita, Gigi (and Lori McNeil) as semifinalists, then that final with BJK cheering on Martina in vain. That year has yet to be matched, I believe.

Tennis Fool
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:12 PM
As rumours in 1994 were that Steffi's girlfriend back then was Rennae Stubbs (still remember Rennae in the players box sitting next to Steffi's mum during 1994 US Open final)

Not to create any controversy here but it is well known in the circuit that Andre and Steffi just married to have a family and kids (let's say they helped each other...) Nothing wrong about this...

But anyone has any serious doubt about it? Inés and Rennae were more than friends with Steffi, I'm telling you...and come on, I'm sure everyone remembers how Agassi was forced (by his agents) to have an affair with gay icon (and 20 years older than him) Barbra Streisand :lol:

She was even sitting in Wimbledon players box the year Andre won it...absolutely ridiculous :tape:

So, are you saying Andre is gay :scratch:

SelesFan70
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM
So, are you saying Andre is gay :scratch:

Duh! He used to wear (black) nail polish on the court... :lol:

Who's the hottie between Martina and GiGi? :)

AllezCumonJiayou
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM
wtf???
I never heard any of these players were gay/lesbian except martina navratilova.
LOL, how can anyone think steffi and andre are gay.

nicky
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:08 PM
They got married because they wanted to have family and kids? Shocking.

raquel
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'm sure everyone remembers how Agassi was forced (by his agents) to have an affair with gay icon (and 20 years older than him) Barbra Streisand :lol:

Actually Barbra wasn't there the year he won Wimbledon. His girlfriend he had from school was there that year. The rumours about about Graf and Agassi have been around definitely, but he was married to Brooke Shields as well, and I don't know if Brooke would have went into the kind of arrangement Steffi and Andre are rumoured to have. Steffi also dated a German racing driver for many years and I just don't think all these marriages and relationships were all lies to cover up their homosexuality.

Sally Struthers
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Actually Barbra wasn't there the year he won Wimbledon. His girlfriend he had from school was there that year. The rumours about about Graf and Agassi have been around definitely, but he was married to Brooke Shields as well, and I don't know if Brooke would have went into the kind of arrangement Steffi and Andre are rumoured to have. Steffi also dated a German racing driver for many years and I just don't think all these marriages and relationships were all lies to cover up their homosexuality.

Brooke's taste in men included Michael Jackson. Enough said :tape: :haha:

SelesFan70
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Brooke's taste in men included Michael Jackson. Enough said :tape: :haha:

And Barbra...please...the ultimate fag hag. :tape:

trivfun
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:03 PM

Gay man and Gay woman; happy couple? :lol:

ToeTag
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Not to create any controversy here but it is well known in the circuit that Andre and Steffi just married to have a family and kids (let's say they helped each other...) Nothing wrong about this... Was there a turkey baster invovled or did they both lie back, and think of England? :D

Graf is as het as they come! No woman would want her!

leviathane
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:35 PM

me too :tape: :haha: :haha:

cellophane
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Graf is as het as they come! No woman would want her!

Why not? :confused:

ToeTag
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Why not? :confused:
I read her as high maintenance, and alot of self love...and a few other things I observed over the years as I watched the Sabatini/ Graf rivalry.

Kaiwhakahare
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I'm sure everyone remembers how Agassi was forced (by his agents) to have an affair with gay icon (and 20 years older than him) Barbra Streisand :lol:

More than 20 :p

and gosh, I would be privleged to have the most successful Female entertainer sitting in my box :p :D :worship: :worship:

Long Live Barbra :bounce: