PDA

View Full Version : SF: B. Bryan/V. Williams Def. (2) Mirnyi/Zheng 7-5, 7-5

lizchris
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Another tough win.

Good luck in the final!!

Couver
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:39 PM
YAY VeeBob, into the finals without dropping a set! Good Luck to both.

grmbl
Wow! It was a great match! Hopefully they'll win the whole thing.

crazillo
YAY!! Come on in the final Venus&Bob!

lizchris
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Wow! It was a great match! Hopefully they'll win the whole thing.

I hope so too!!

crazyroberto6767
That was an intense match to watch :bowdown:. Great play from both sides, but poor Jie's serve just couldn't hold up. VeeBob served great throughout the match.

Vee was so happy at the end :hearts:. Take the final VeeBob!

Paneru
Just a near pefect combo! :cool:

Great serving and taking advantage
on two of the only three bp's they got! :D

iPatty
That was an awesome match. Kudos to both teams. :worship:

VeeBob got really lucky at 6-5, 30-30 when Bob's return hit the net and trickled over. :lol: Good luck in the final! :hearts:

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Yes a Williams in a Wimbledon final I'll take it! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Good luck in your next round VeeBob, Congrats to Bob for his two doubles finals. Go USA!

Sportfan
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Great job by Bob and Venus. Good luck to them in the finals.

akosijepoy
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
YAY!!!! :lock Congrats VeeBob!!!! You guys are fantabulous!!! Woot!!!! :lock

btw, who saw this???

tonythetiger
That was a tough match with breaks coming only at the end of each set. Both Bob and Venus were serving well with 9 aces I think. Although Vee had a few DFs.

I hope they take the final. They should win since they've just beat the number 2 team and number 1 are no longer in the tourney.

Diesel
And how did you see it :shrug:

Congrats :woohoo: :clap2:

lizchris
I hope they show this on American TV.

Cariaoke
Maybe she'll be at the Ball after all. ;)

Good luck in the finals, Bobnus!!! Good luck, in the men's, Bobby! :hearts: :drool:

SerenaSlam
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Yes a Williams in a Wimbledon final I'll take it! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Good luck in your next round VeeBob, Congrats to Bob for his two doubles finals. Go USA!
yeah we can say that they have been in a wimbledon final in an event since 2000...just can't say the singles final anymore....there will be a williams at the end....there always is!!!!! great job venus and bob!

najad
VERY GOOD JOB! NOW ONE MORE MATCH AND THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS IN YOUR HANDS VEEBOB :lol:

chris_d08
According to Radio Wimbledon, Venus played very well!!! Bob played well but Venus this time set him up for all the winners. Venus's returns we so awesome. AND HER SERVING!!!!!!!!! Max couldnt even handle them, they always went out on him. At the end of the match, Venus and Bob hugged!! What a sweet moment. She sure wants this title!!!

iPatty

Wimbledon Live.

Couver
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
That was an intense match to watch :bowdown:. Great play from both sides, but poor Jie's serve just couldn't hold up. VeeBob served great throughout the match.

Vee was so happy at the end :hearts:. Take the final VeeBob!

I'm so jealous you actually get to watch the mixed doubles :( I hope we at least get to see the final.

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
That was an awesome match. Kudos to both teams. :worship:

VeeBob got really lucky at 6-5, 30-30 when Bob's return hit the net and trickled over. :lol: Good luck in the final! :hearts:

That was the tennis gods at work restoring order for Venus, I guess they want her to win all the Wimbledon titles. :worship: :worship:

GracefulVenus
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Venus Williams/Bob Bryan to win the Wimbledon mixed doubles!!!!

Fabunny
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:46 PM

Wimbledon LIVE, of course :)

WSfan
Think anyone can get this match uploaded?? If possible Plz!!!

cellophane
Fun stuff. Pity Jie's serve couldn't hold up.

santhuruu
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Great job Venus and Bob! Keep it up! Well done Zheng and Mirnyi, on BBC I saw the last part of the first set, and both four players played really good.

rjd1111
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Another tough win.

Good luck in the final!!

When is the Final?

Pasta-Na
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM
focus on women doubles now, jie :tears:

Leo_DFP
I hope NBC shows the final.

I'll have to download this match later on WLive. :)

winone23
This made my day I'm glad Venus still has the opportunity to continue her success at Wimbledon. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

akosijepoy
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:51 PM
i think i might just invest on this match once it's availble for download. mann. I can't believe they didn't show this on star sports!!! Grrrr!!! They showed a taped match instead. how irritating. But I do hope they show the finals.

Btw, to the asians here let's email star sports (ace@espnstar.com) and request them to show the doubles finals on tv! C'mon the more emails they receive from us the more likely they'll show it!! So go email them now! hehee Thanks so much!!! :D

Pasta-Na
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Fun stuff. Pity Jie's serve couldn't hold up.

yes, her serve still needs to be improved :sad:

Bitter Blue Bong
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Congrats to Venus and Bob. Take that title!

lizchris
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:53 PM
When is the Final?

I think Sunday.

eugreene2
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Venus Williams/Bob Bryan to win the Wimbledon mixed doubles!!!!

Oh o - here we go. Don't start with this nonsense!!!

SoClose
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM
God job VeeBob! :worship:
Good luck into finals! :bounce:

Pasta-Na
venus and bryan shall win :yawn: they are strong enough to play against any teams in men doubles :angel:

spokenword73
who will VeeBob play? When?

akosijepoy
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I'm liking their stats for this match:

Match Summary

Bryan (USA)/Williams (USA)

1st Serve % 45 of 66 = 68 %

Aces 9

Winning % on 1st Serve 36 of 45 = 80 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 14 of 21 = 67 %

Winners (Including Service) 25

Break Point Conversions 2 of 3 = 67 %

Fastest Serve 131 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 113 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 99 MPH

RJWCapriati
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Great job!!

new-york
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM
:woohoo:

eugreene2
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:03 PM
And this other mixed doubles match has turned into a marathon. 9-9 in the Third.

akosijepoy
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:04 PM
And this other mixed doubles match has turned into a marathon. 9-9 in the Third.

and thats only the quarter final!! eeeekkk!!!!

cometz9
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Go Venus & Bob :woohoo: Win the title!!!!!

Libertango
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:08 PM
It was a good match, I hope they win it all!

I was rooting for VeeBob because Jie is already in ladies dubs final, so I'm all happy now! :D

tonythetiger
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:11 PM

I stressfully listened to it on the radio.

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:11 PM
and thats only the quarter final!! eeeekkk!!!!

wow why are they still playing a quarter final????????

serenafan08
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yay!! :yippee: That's great news. Sounds like they make a great team! Go Venus and Bob! :yeah:

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:13 PM
For those who saw the match, a person on espn's message board said the crowd was rooting against VeeBob is that true? If so I guess they didn't want americans in another final or they didn't want VENUS in another wimby final. :mad:

vwfan
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:18 PM
great. on to the final!

good luck VeeBob. I hope you win and I hope that you play together at U.S. Open. What fun would that be! Venus wants her career slam in mixed doubles.

will they be ranked if they win and then play at the U.S. Open?

Paneru
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:28 PM
For those who saw the match, a person on espn's message board said the crowd was rooting against VeeBob is that true? If so I guess they didn't want americans in another final or they didn't want VENUS in another wimby final. :mad:
Don't believe anything on that board.
So many trolls it's laughable!

The crowds have been supporting
Venus & Bob this whole time and
I see no reason it'd stop now. :cool:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060707/capt.9b1083eb795649b5adfb4af5a548c3de.britain_wimb ledon_tennis_xwim189.jpg

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Nice with the color coordination

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Don't believe anything on that board.
So many trolls it's laughable!

The crowds have been supporting
Venus & Bob this whole time and
I see no reason it'd stop now. :cool:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060707/capt.9b1083eb795649b5adfb4af5a548c3de.britain_wimb ledon_tennis_xwim189.jpg

Thanks, I knew it sounded strange, why would the crowd turn on them

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
was Venus wearing those infamous sock again.

K-Dog
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:38 PM
so any pics of VeeBob?

jbone_0307
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
So the tradition continues. There has been a Williams sister in a final since 2000!!!!

auntie janie
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Venus, I'm very proud of you! :kiss:

tonythetiger
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM

I listened to the match on Wimbledon radio and the crowd clearly cheered more when Mirnyi and Zheng scored and moaned when they missed.

Ellery
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Max and Jie :sad:

Congrats Vee and Bob!

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:50 PM
VeeBob's final is going to be played tomorrow they will have to wait to see who they are going to play.

Carmen Mairena
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Venus :woohoo: but Jie :hug:

Denise4925
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM
:woohoo: Way to go VeeBob. Win the title. :yeah:

Veenut
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Fantastic!! :bounce: It seem like they make a great combo especially when both are playing for the first time together. If only one of the channels could show us these exciting matches instead of the everlasting repeats of Federer blow outs.

Jenny.C.Fan
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Go Bob, good luck in both finals :)

winone23
Fantastic!! :bounce: It seem like they make a great combo especially when both are playing for the first time together. If only one of the channels could show us these exciting matches instead of the everlasting repeats of Federer blow outs.

agree

StarDuvallGrant
I would love to see one of their matches leading up to the final. NBC usually shows a doubles match after one of the singles finals though. So crossing fingers it's a great outcome for our team.

Cariaoke
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:27 PM
so any pics of VeeBob?
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_11_bryanWilliams_136_ps_b_mackness.jpg
Bob Bryan and Venus Williams ponder their next move against Max Mirnyi and Jie Zheng.

still waiting for more :rolleyes:

Cariaoke
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Match ReportsBryan/Williams Earn Place in Final
Friday, 7 July, 2006

Bob Bryan will have to clear some space in his trophy cabinet at this rate. The American followed up his men’s semi-final win with a victory in the last four of the mixed event where he is partnered with Venus Williams. The un-seeded pair overcame No.2 seeds Max Mirnyi and Jie Zheng in a closely fought contest, 7-5, 7-5 score-line.

It was Bryan’s second appearance on Court One this afternoon and his earlier win with brother Mike had clearly put him in a jovial mood, if an incident in the fifth game is any guide.

Williams returned a Mirnyi service fault with blistering pace, narrowly missing Bryan’s head and prompting the twin to playfully plead with Williams to avoid him on the next ball. The theatricals were well received by the raucous crowd who were clearly buzzing from the electricity being generated by the match.

At 6-5 Bryan and Williams earned their first set point on Zheng’s serve. Fantastic net defence by Mirnyi saved one. The second set point saw the women slogging it out from the back of the court with exaggerated sound effects.

But it was Bryan who eventually topped the grunt-o-meter when he hit a winning volley to clinch the first set 7-5. The pair followed up the set with exactly the same score-line in the second to take the match in 84 minutes and secure a place in the final.

:haha: :lol: :yeah:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:41 PM
:) vee/bob. now win it all :) *hopefully get it on nbc*

winone23
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Williams returned a Mirnyi service fault with blistering pace, narrowly missing Bryan’s head and prompting the twin to playfully plead with Williams to avoid him on the next ball. The theatricals were well received by the raucous crowd who were clearly buzzing from the electricity being generated by the match. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stingray
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
All four players played very well and in the end came down to a few crucial points. Contrary to whats been said Zheng's serve held up well for the majority of the match, and up until 6-5 in the first set the only person to face break points on their serve was Bob. Venus served great- aced Mirnyi :D Very solid and enjoyable match from both teams.

brabbit
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I love VeeBob. I wish I could have watched it on the tv, but I had to settle looking at the IBM scoreboard. I can't believe noone has uploaded any of the matches. Maybe they will broadcast the final. If so, I will record it.

Veenut
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Williams returned a Mirnyi service fault with blistering pace, narrowly missing Bryan’s head and prompting the twin to playfully plead with Williams to avoid him on the next ball. The theatricals were well received by the raucous crowd who were clearly buzzing from the electricity being generated by the match. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My girls always generate excitement in singles, doubles or mixed. Just hearing about this sounds more exciting than whats left of the singles.

brabbit
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I don't think they are going to broadcast it. I looked but saw nothing. :(

TomTennis
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I watched the WHOLE match! It was terrific! (I would uplaod it but its on VCR and I dont have the equipment :sad: sorry )

Williams returned a Mirnyi service fault with blistering pace, narrowly missing Bryan’s head and prompting the twin to playfully plead with Williams to avoid him on the next ball. The theatricals were well received by the raucous crowd who were clearly buzzing from the electricity being generated by the match.

yeh, Bobs reaction was funny :lol:

For those who saw the match, a person on espn's message board said the crowd was rooting against VeeBob is that true? If so I guess they didn't want americans in another final or they didn't want VENUS in another wimby final.

Trust me, from someone who saw it, that is not true AT ALL! The crowd were loving the tennis, and every shot they showed people were laughin and having fun, and the crowd were cheering for both teams, I would say on an equal bases. No boo's or jeers because everyone was having fun. They always appluaed a winning rally!!! Dont listen to whoever wrote that! :wavey:

Venus' reaction at the end of the match was PRICELESS! They will probably be a picture up of it soon, but there were a lot of young (seemed like 'college' boys) men just behind where Venus and Bob were sitting and when they won, they were both waving to them, but then Venus pulled a pose and put her hands into the 'rock star' pose. It was great! :worship: :lick: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :lol: :bounce:

I hope they win in the final, and I hope Bob and Mike win the mens doubles final too!

vwfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:52 AM
The match was great. Venus really was MVP for this one. Bob couldn't figure our Zie's serve until the last game. But classic Venus was standing on the baseline to return Miryni's serve. :eek: The girl is crazy!

I also really appreciated the British commentators, who were really complimentary of Venus and appreciative of her efforts and staying around to play mixed doubles--honoring her commitment and getting in much needed matchplay.

Anyway, like I said in another thread, got to respect that she has made it to another Wimbledon final despite her heartbreaking loss in singles. Too bad that they didn't start mixed earlier and Venus had a few of those matches under her belt, because I think she would still be around.

Paneru
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:59 AM
I really wish someone would
upload some of their matches! :cool:

brabbit
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!

winone23
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:39 AM
I've never seen Venus play mixed doubles so I'm going to pay to see it online

akosijepoy
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Mann I wish I could have seen this. Stupid star sports for showing a taped doubles match...huhuh

anyway Best of luck to VeeBOB

wukenaihe
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:41 AM
anyone have this match???

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:46 AM
I just finished watching it again and I must say this really was indeed a good match-- maybe teaming up with Bob is the best thing for Vee at the moment. She looks so happy and relaxed on the court-- I'm loving this side of her . Go VeeBob eh Bobnus eh Willyan :haha:

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Venus' rockstar moves in the end to the camera and the crowd were brilliant ;)

Paneru
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Venus' rockstar moves in the end to the camera and the crowd were brilliant ;)

Stop it!

This is tourture! :tape:

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:27 AM
It is torture but I'm crazy enough to imagine it to the point I'll make myself believe I watched it :lol:

Chance
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:28 AM
would love to see pics.

Glad to see Vee and Bob won their semi, have fun in the final:bounce:

Libertango
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Damn, I watched the whole match except for the last two games (don't ask me why! :lol: ) What did Vee do at the end???

Kenny
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Anyone have a video? I would love it!

Great job, vBob! :)

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Good luck in the Final :yeah:

~Carsten~
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Congrats Bob And Venus! :)
and Good luck for the mixed and the Gentlemens Double Finale ;)

Stingray
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I listened to the match on Wimbledon radio and the crowd clearly cheered more when Mirnyi and Zheng scored and moaned when they missed.
I watched it on BBCi and didn't see any bias either way to be honest. Crowd were enjoying the high quality and cheering equally.

Vut
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:38 AM
:yeah:

Jeff
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Vee is just absolutely the best mixed partner a man could ask for. She was on fire with her serving today. If she serves this way in the final then there's no way she and Bob will lose. Even acing Max...that was a nice moment :) And she sure doesn't hold back on returning serve. Even though Max was serving 130 she was still trying to crank at the ball :lol:

Good luck to Bob and Vee :kiss:

Fabunny
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM
was Venus wearing those infamous sock again.
NO

winone23
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:30 PM
GO VEEBOB best of luck, I'll be paying to see you guys if I can't see if for free

Pasta-Na
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:41 PM
venus will win mixed doubles for sure :yawn:

vwfan
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Vee is just absolutely the best mixed partner a man could ask for. She was on fire with her serving today. If she serves this way in the final then there's no way she and Bob will lose. Even acing Max...that was a nice moment :) And she sure doesn't hold back on returning serve. Even though Max was serving 130 she was still trying to crank at the ball :lol:

Good luck to Bob and Vee :kiss:so sure. i was laughing because she was standing right on the baseline to receive serve. :eek: even bob was standing a few feet behind to receive max's serve. the girl is crazy. :lol:

she was also getting so pissed that she couldn't hit a return past max because he is so tall (6' 5"), so she just started hitting it right into him. :tape:

mila_mail
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:47 PM
really good!!!

V-MAC
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Veebob :sad: I'm kinda sad their campaign at Wimbledon is coming to an end now. It has been highly enjoyable to follow :worship:

oakkao
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:00 PM
:rolleyes: Venus! :crying2: She can't hold serve :o