PDA

View Full Version : Nadia Will Return To The WTA Tour in San Diego :wavey:

pierce0415
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I just thought Nadia deserved to have her name mentioned because we haven't seen her since she was dumped @ Roland Garros over a month ago by Morigami. On her website, she has announced that she is in Moscow and that she plans to return at San Diego. I am afraid that she will try to make up for missing 2 months on tour by playing every single week for the rest of the season :scared:

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Yes! She's going to send Maria back to where she belongs :) Prove it girl! Nadia is the real no.1 Russian.

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Yes! She's going to send Maria back to where she belongs :) Prove it girl! Nadia is the real no.1 Russian.

Erm no if you check the WTA rankings then you'll see it's Maria!

crazillo
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I hope that she won't play as much anymore. She knows how it is to be injured for a long time and this was a warning I think.

Good luck in your attempt to return, Nadia! :hug:

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Rankings don't mean anything. Plus Nadia was injured and lost in the 1st round of Wimbledon as a result. Nadia woohoo!

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Rankings don't mean anything. Plus Nadia was injured and lost in the 1st round of Wimbledon as a result. Nadia woohoo!

Please look at their head to head, titles won, and weeks spent at number 1 Russian and you'll see Maria outclasses Nadia everytime.

iPatty
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Please look at their head to head, titles won, and weeks spent at number 1 Russian and you'll see Maria outclasses Nadia everytime.

Titles won by Maria in 2006: 1.
Titles won by Nadia in 2006: 4.

Not every time.

crazyroberto6767
I miss her :sad:. I hope she learned from her too tough schedule, and she'll dial it back acccordingly now. No need going too fast coming off an injury.

Kart
Maria has nothing to do with Nadia coming back.

Looking forward to San Diego :D.

cellophane
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I am afraid that she will try to make up for missing 2 months on tour by playing every single week for the rest of the season :scared:

Didn't you say she was hitting a new low by not playing every week? :sad:

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM
We all know Nadia is the best Russian out there. She's feisty, good-spirited, outgoing (did you all see the awesome youtube video that featured her travelling from Florida to Charleston, NC? She was such a darling. Good luck Nadia. I will be supporting you!

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Titles won by Maria in 2006: 1.
Titles won by Nadia in 2006: 4.

Not every time.

Career titles: Maria 11 - Nadia - 5

Head 2 Head: 4-1 to Maria

Best Grand Slam performances

Nadia: AO - QF
FO - SF
W - QF
USO - QF

Maria: AO - SF
FO - QF
W - W
USO - SF

Tournaments played this year:

Nadia - 12
Maria - 7

YTD average points per tournament:

Nadia - 123.6
Maria - 189.3

cellophane
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Nadia :hearts:

Dexter
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Rankings don't mean anything. Plus Nadia was injured and lost in the 1st round of Wimbledon as a result. Nadia woohoo!Erm I didn't know Nadia played Wimbledon this year :unsure:

pierce0415
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Nadia :hearts:

your signature :devil:

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Erm I didn't know Nadia played Wimbledon this year :unsure:

Bis knows best :rolleyes:

cellophane
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:52 PM
your signature :devil:

You just noticed? ;) Well, she is! :D

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Career titles: Maria 11 - Nadia - 5

Head 2 Head: 4-1 to Maria

Tournaments played this year:

Nadia - 12
Maria - 7

H2H doesn't mean a thing when Maria got double-bagelled (I'm saving you by not mentioning where and who she got beaten by ;) )

Nadia has a better ratio compared to Maria; Nadia with 4 titles while Maria with only one. Thus the ratios:

Nadia: 4/12 = 1/3 = 0.33
Maria: 1/7 = 0.14

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:56 PM
H2H doesn't mean a thing when Maria got double-bagelled (I'm saving you by not mentioning where and who she got beaten by ;) )

Nadia has a better ratio compared to Maria; Nadia with 4 titles while Maria with only one. Thus the ratios:

Nadia: 4/12 = 1/3 = 0.33
Maria: 1/7 = 0.14

And Maria has the better average ranking points per tournament despite being 3 titles behind Nadia this year... :tape:

Nadia - 123.6
Maria - 189.3

Shame Lindsay couldn't double bagel Maria when it mattered...like wimbledon 2004.

Derek.
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
YTD average points per tournament:

Nadia - 123.6
Maria - 189.3

*dead*

Talk about being obsessive. :tape:

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Let's not dwell in the past where most of Maria's points were won off her only slam and YEC titles two years ago :o

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Let's not dwell in the past where most of Maria's points were won off her only slam and YEC titles two years ago :o

What???? Those points got knocked off last year, I'm only talking about points won this year!

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:01 PM
You could also argue that Nadia has suffered a worse injury, keeping her away from the Slams (French Open and Wimbledon) where big points are earned anyway. Let's keep the subject to Nadia here! :)

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:03 PM
You could also argue that Nadia has suffered a worse injury, keeping her away from the Slams (French Open and Wimbledon) where big points are earned anyway. Let's keep the subject to Nadia here! :)

That's fine by me, although you brough Maria into this. :)

pierce0415
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:04 PM
You just noticed? ;) Well, she is! :D

no I noticed a long time ago ... but I just wanted to make a comment on it :p

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:06 PM
No, I was proving how she's a real threat in her comeback :devil: The best Russian of all, therefore!

Pasta-Na
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:07 PM
be kind to shuai. she has a lot of points to defend :angel:

iPatty
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:16 PM
be kind to shuai. she has a lot of points to defend :angel:

I'm very scared for her. :sobbing: Hopefully she can get to the quarterfinals at least.

Carmen Mairena
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:23 PM

I luv Maria's haterz! :woohoo:

cellophane
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:30 PM
no I noticed a long time ago ... but I just wanted to make a comment on it :p

Have you proposed marriage yet? :scared:

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I don't hate Maria. I'm just trying my best to justify the real no.1 Russian goddess which undoubtedly is Nadia :)

Morrissey
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I just don't believe Nadia is one of the real top top players. She is consistent but she is also very mentally weak. She proved her weakness once again losing to Morigami at the French Open. And Nadia was tacky to use an injury excuse when clearly she couldn't cope with being one of the favourites at the French Open. Maybe she was injured but clearly the mental weakness is what cost her that match. Nadia has never proven that she is a real contender. The titles she won this year on clay didn't prove anything she still has failed to deliver at the grand slams.

iPatty
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I just don't believe Nadia is one of the real top top players. She is consistent but she is also very mentally weak. She proved her weakness once again losing to Morigami at the French Open. And Nadia was tacky to use an injury excuse when clearly she couldn't cope with being one of the favourites at the French Open. Maybe she was injured but clearly the mental weakness is what cost her that match. Nadia has never proven that she is a real contender. The titles she won this year on clay didn't prove anything she still has failed to deliver at the grand slams.

She's very good in Slams. Last season, she made the R16 in Melbourne, SF in Paris, QF in London, and QF in New York. Sounds like a top player to me.

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I don't hate Maria. I'm just trying my best to justify the real no.1 Russian goddess which undoubtedly is Nadia :)
http://www.parm.net/b3ta/bandwagon.jpg

Ellery
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Go Nadia :bounce:

MH0861
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM

Your argument loses though when you take into account she hasn't played at all since the FO. Clearly, her injury was serious.

MH0861
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Shame Lindsay couldn't double bagel Maria when it mattered...like wimbledon 2004.

It's okay. Much like you say Maria outclasses Nadia, Lindsay outclasses Maria. :wavey:

Reuchlin
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.parm.net/b3ta/bandwagon.jpg
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Justine Fan
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Has bis been banned?

mboyle
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM

Nadia hasn't even been to a slam final, and Maria has a 3-1 edge (with the only loss being a match Maria admitted to tanking...):p

Europe rocks
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Look, Maria and Nadia are two completely different players, this thread shouldn't be about Maria Sharapova! Let's just wish Nadia a successful return in San Diego and be done with it :o

cellophane
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:34 PM

Well, she somehow beat Justine in a final being injured, so I doubt it was mental, especially given she has been out for so long now.