PDA

View Full Version : Goran Ivanisevic views on womens final: 'I think Henin wins this time'

spiceboy
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/tennis/

On the women's side, Amelie Mauresmo plays Justine Henin-Hardenne in the final. This is great! Last time they played in a major final was Australia in January. Henin quit the match with an injury or the flu, something like that. I thought was strange at the time because Henin fights like Nadal: a crazy fighter. Now is the rematch. I think Henin wins this time because she has a better head. Mauresmo has better game for grass, but sometimes she is not strong in the head. If Henin wins, I think she will have won all four Slam titles in her career. That is awesome, too.

treufreund
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks, Goran :hearts:

Fingon
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:00 PM
if somebody knows how important is the head to win Wimbledon, that's Goran.

Libertango
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I think he's probably right.

tenn_ace
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I hope you are wrong, Goran :wavey:

harloo
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I hope you are wrong, Goran :wavey:

Allez Amelie!

KClijsters
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I also think that Justine will win, and she deserves it. In my opinion, she is the best player at the moment. The only GS she haven't won is Wimbledon, so I think it nice for her to win that GS. Than she won all the 4 GS. And I think that will be very special for her. So, that's the reason I hope Justine will win. She's a great player and she deserves it :)

But I have nothing against Amelie. So if she will win tomorrow, than I'm also very happy for her. She's also a great player!

sapir1434
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
But Goran, I like you :awww:

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Nice he's taking interest in women's tennis, and at least he's been relatively positive compared to his Monica bashing days. I read somewhere once that Hingis fancied him. I doubt either Justine or Amelie do.

Pheobo
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM
We'll see.

Dexter
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Amen to what Goran said! :worship:

hablo
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Mauresmo has better game for grass [...]
I like this part :drool:

Goran : I was so happy when he won though! :D

Mightymirza