PDA

View Full Version : No Navratilova interviews?

ChrisCologne
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Donīt you think itīs strange that we havenīt got a Martina final interview at Wimbledon after she exits from doubles and mixed? Or did she decline being interviewed as she was fed up being out of both events and was just interviewed today and weīll read that by tonight?

squig2k
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:45 PM
strange actually...

squig2k
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:46 PM
not much newspaper coverage either.
maybe she did decline media discussion

ChrisCologne
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I doubt it

I think she was totally depressed about going out in both competitions on one day and would have hoped doing differently especially regarding that womenīs match. I think on this board a lot of people did correct in saying she chose the wrong thing stopping to play (though the tone wasnīt that polite ; I think it wasnīt a strategy). So maybe she desperately tried to do better in mixed doubles and maybe broke down completely in that final 1-6 set2 of that match

And she being a legend might have asked to be interviewed on a special occasion today or tomorrow

Noone knows how Wimbledon will honour her ; maybe she even is honoured on court and the interview is taking place right after - I think this might be on Sunday ???

RAA
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I read that she did decline the post match interview after her loss. .. I can't remember where i read it ...