PDA

View Full Version : Bollettieri tells Maria: 'Hitting hard, flat balls is no longer enough'

spiceboy
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
'As for Maria, hitting hard, flat balls is no longer enough. She needs to add to her game, as the best of the rest have added, and are adding'

http://sport.independent.co.uk/tennis/article1164502.ece

Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon Dossier: Henin-Hardenne grits teeth to succeed as rivals serve up a treat

Coaching Report: In a battle of the Belgians, Clijsters was enjoying herself but for the victor it was almost a matter of life and death

Published: 07 July 2006

You never saw Justine Henin-Hardenne's teeth until the job was done. That's the essence for me of her two-sets semi-final victory over fellow Belgian, Kim Clijsters, yesterday, in what was a darn good match for the spectators. Both girls played good tennis, moving fine, hitting well, competing. There was real quality out there and it did the stage justice.

The difference in my view was Henin's spunk and determination. You never saw her teeth. She never opened her lips. That was the vast difference. It would have been instructive to take a picture of each girl's face every minute, and at the end line all the shots up and look along them.

On Henin's face there would be nothing, frame after frame. It was almost a trance, no sign of emotion. No little grin of "I'm doing a great job, you're doing a great job, what a show we're giving these good folks". Now look along the Clijsters shots. You see that? There's a little smile, just sometimes. And there's another. And there's the difference. One enjoyed it. For the other, it was a matter of life and death.

One point of interest where single-mindedness manifested itself was with Clijsters a break up in the second, at 3-2 and serving, and Henin had just won the point for 0-15. Then Henin coughed a little and, needing a drink, went to the net and got one. I genuinely have no idea whether this was gamesmanship, something conscious, deliberate. I really don't know, and actually this specific example is not the issue. The interesting thing is if you look back in history to times when players have done something like this - and lots have, and nobody did it better than Johnny Mac, all the time - you need to ask what position were they in right then? Were they down, or ahead?

I'm telling you it happens much more often when the answer is down, at just the time when a break in the opponent's momentum would be quite nice, thank you very much. So is it deliberate or instinctive, or neither? The facts are there, and I don't know in this case. You decide.

Back to Henin's focus, I believe it is just as likely to have been her focus rather than Clijsters' lack of it that caused Clijsters to falter slight at key times, like when she dropped her serve to love in the first set, and dropped it again when 6-5 ahead and serving in the second. Of course it could have been a choke - that's a possibility. But in a good match, I don't think so this time.

On the subject of choking, Amélie Mauresmo held herself together superbly, even after a wobble, to beat Maria Sharapova in three sets and earn herself her first Wimbledon final place after three semis in four years (and she missed the other year). She was excellent, not least mentally. As for Maria, hitting hard, flat balls is no longer enough. She needs to add to her game, as the best of the rest have added, and are adding.

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Which is what most people, including objective Masha fans have been saying. And her loss against Amelie was proof positive. But Maria is 19, Amelie 27, so there is plenty of time. As long as Maria has the where withall to develop - and her 'team' (Dad!) are flexible and pragmatic enough to encourage and allow her to. I hope obstinacy and arrogance of 'Daddy knows best' doesn't ruin her chances.

johnoo
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Which is what most people, including objective Masha fans have been saying. And her loss against Amelie was proof positive. But Maria is 19, Amelie 27, so there is plenty of time. As long as Maria has the where withall to develop - and her 'team' (Dad!) are flexible and pragmatic enough to encourage and allow her to. I hope obstinacy and arrogance of 'Daddy knows best' doesn't ruin her chances.
well I think maria knows that herself and theres signs she's doing it but it won't happen overnight.

squig2k
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM
she relies on her hard flat strokes thought it can be seen she is trying to mix it up with a few (unsuccessful) volleys and other shots

Derek.
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM
She came to net a lot more than before at Wimbledon.

Every once in a while you will see her throw in a drop shot or a slice.

saki
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
The thing is that Maria knows that full well. She's not stupid. You can see she knows it on court by the fact that she is trying to switch it up and she is having moderate success at it. Plus, she said as much in her interview. She's not resting on her laurels at all, she is working on her game, she's got a good attitude and doesn't need to be told this.

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM
He's changed his tune since wimby 2004 and the start of wimby 2005, when he was gloating about making this wonderkid who could do what Anna could but better.

I can't stand his articles for the Independent (they're the worst part of a good wimbledon coverage by the Independent)

He basically spent the first week raping Murray with his articles.

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:04 PM
He's changed his tune since wimby 2004 and the start of wimby 2005, when he was gloating about making this wonderkid who could do what Anna could but better.

I can't stand his articles for the Independent (they're the worst part of a good wimbledon coverage by the Independent)

He basically spent the first week raping Murray with his articles.
Now there's a reason to buy the Independent - hadn't thought of one before! - to see Murray getting shafted! Leave that to the Cypriots anyway! ;)

I don't know what he said in 04/05, but he may well have changed his tune, because what he is saying is that Maria now has to change/develop.

I don't think he's bashing her, and I think everyone is pretty much in agreement. I hope Maria develops and proves everyone wrong and dominates - partly because I personally think the Tour is MUCH better off when someone does, with a great rivalry thrown in - a la Steffi/Monica, Navratilova/Evert and those that went before. And even Venus/Serena. Much more public interest in the sport then. But also even though I diss her now and then I think she is the best thing to have happened to women's tennis since the Williams and could do a great deal for the profile of tennis - more than she already has. I'm sure no one, including Bolli, wants to see that wasted.

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Now there's a reason to buy the Independent - hadn't thought of one before! - to see Murray getting shafted! Leave that to the Cypriots anyway! ;)

I don't know what he said in 04/05, but he may well have changed his tune, because what he is saying is that Maria now has to change/develop.

I don't think he's bashing her, and I think everyone is pretty much in agreement. I hope Maria develops and proves everyone wrong and dominates - partly because I personally think the Tour is MUCH better off when someone does, with a great rivalry thrown in - a la Steffi/Monica, Navratilova/Evert and those that went before. And even Venus/Serena. Much more public interest in the sport then. But also even though I diss her now and then I think she is the best thing to have happened to women's tennis since the Williams and could do a great deal for the profile of tennis - more than she already has. I'm sure no one, including Bolli, wants to see that wasted.

I know he's not bashing her, it's just he made out that he was the sole reason she won wimbledon and he made her game "invincible"

Now it's like he's making out he's got nothing to do with her game and it's one dimensionalism.

He just flits between the young popular players, first Maria, now Murray, and probably Vaidisova if she wins a slam soon.

watchdogfish
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM
As for Maria, hitting hard, flat balls is no longer enough. She needs to add to her game, as the best of the rest have added, and are adding.

Wasn't it Bollettieri who taught Sharapova to hit hard and flat?

Or am I missing the point? :scratch:

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Exactly!

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:27 PM

:haha:

I heard the Oracle of tennis - none other than Tracy Austin - say it was her old coach. Of course she was asked about Maria so she had to find SOME way of bringing herself into the answer.

You know, the more I hear/see people have a go at her (and I have had a go at her!), the more I actually watch her and take in what she actually says, the more I have warmed to her - so people can change their minds!

G_Slammed
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Maria Sharapova isn't gonna change a whole lot. She was breed by Bolliteri to do what she does. She's not gonna abandon what wins for her... and couldn't do if she wanted to.

watchdogfish
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I know he's not bashing her, it's just he made out that he was the sole reason she won wimbledon and he made her game "invincible"

Now it's like he's making out he's got nothing to do with her game and it's one dimensionalism.

He just flits between the young popular players, first Maria, now Murray, and probably Vaidisova if she wins a slam soon.

It's very hypocritical of him. Remember all the praise he heaped on Maria during her 2004 season? It seems that he's now quick to criticise her as she's not reached another Grand Slam final since her Wimbledon win.

I don't know if it's the right word but it sounds a little selfish of him. When Maria's doing well it's like it reflects well on him and he wants a piece of the glory, but when she's struggling he's soon criticising her.

You can guarantee if/when she wins another slam he'll heap the praise on her again, even if Maria wins playing hard, flat tennis with no variety!

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Maria Sharapova isn't gonna change a whole lot. She was breed by Bolliteri to do what she does. She's not gonna abandon what wins for her... and couldn't do if she wanted to.
You don't like her do you G_Slammed.

Imagine in 2008 Maria wins the Golden Grand Slam. You'd still say she flunked cause it should have been 6/0 final set instead of 6/1! So just say: I hate Maria and think she is crap. All the time in every post! And of course say she collects stamps in case we forget! By the way, she may have a penny black or penny red - worth millions you know! I mean, how ludicrous is collecting stamps compared to all the other horrors she could be doing!

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
It's very hypocritical of him. Remember all the praise he heaped on Maria during her 2004 season? It seems that he's now quick to criticise her as she's not reached another Grand Slam final since her Wimbledon win.

I don't know if it's the right word but it sounds a little selfish of him. When Maria's doing well it's like it reflects well on him and he wants a piece of the glory, but when she's struggling he's soon criticising her.

You can guarantee if/when she wins another slam he'll heap the praise on her again, even if Maria wins playing hard, flat tennis with no variety!
All he is saying is: it's time to develop your game! I don't see any words that say: 'I want credit for everything when you win, and you're rubbish now you lost'!

Prizeidiot
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:31 AM
All well and good for him to say that, but that's all Nick teaches

Andy.
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:38 AM
And cant he see that Maria knows that and cant he tell that she is al;ready adding to her game, she is no longer just a ball basher, she has greatly imroved her movement, she is trying to improve her volleys and come into the net more and she is working on her slice.

Reuchlin
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:38 AM
The funny thing is that if Maria does go on to win the USopen with THAT VERY SAME GAME all we will hear is praises. Truth is that, yes, some more 'variety' would help---but in the women's game variety is highly over-rated. All Sharapova needs to do is continue to hit hard and flat...just make sure those balls all go in.

perseus2006
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:14 AM
I find this thread somewhat amazing from the standpoint of Pova's game. It's true that she is a "Big Babe" and lives and dies on the power game but do you realize that Pova approached the net more times than Ame in the RG semi? Not only that but Pova was more successful at the net than Ame. From the match stats from the Wimbledon site:

Net approaches:

Ame: 17/22 52%
Pova: 22/38 58%

Pova has already expanded her game! She is continuing to improve it. She clearly made some "novice" level mistakes at the net but she did have the courage to put them into match play - the only place where she will actually be able to perfect them.

I wonder if the other players are ignoring Pova's improved movement, serve and shot variety? She is already doing things this year that she simple didn't do in matches last year. She is definitely moving stuff from practice sessions to match play. I look forward to seeing how these things work out in the US hard court season with her plans for two weeks of solid practice before San Diego and up to three tournaments before the USO.

Reuchlin
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:20 AM
I find this thread somewhat amazing from the standpoint of Pova's game. It's true that she is a "Big Babe" and lives and dies on the power game but do you realize that Pova approached the net more times than Ame in the RG semi? Not only that but Pova was more successful at the net than Ame. From the match stats from the Wimbledon site:

Net approaches:

Ame: 17/22 52%
Pova: 22/38 58%

Pova has already expanded her game! She is continuing to improve it. She clearly made some "novice" level mistakes at the net but she did have the courage to put them into match play - the only place where she will actually be able to perfect them.

I wonder if the other players are ignoring Pova's improved movement, serve and shot variety? She is already doing things this year that she simple didn't do in matches last year. She is definitely moving stuff from practice sessions to match play. I look forward to seeing how these things work out in the US hard court season with her plans for two weeks of solid practice before San Diego and up to three tournaments before the USO.

And another interesting thing is that it is just THAT--Sharapova's attempt to bring new things into her matches IS the thing that is causing her to lose (aka Juju pre grand slam run).

UDACHi
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:22 AM
She is trying very hard, Nick. You could have implemented it in the first place to make it easier, but hey, I'm no tennis genius, I suppose. :shrug:

Gowza
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:49 AM
i think she slowly is adding things to her game, it was refreshing to see in some of her matches this wimbledon that she came to net more and hit a few slices and drop shots. but remember she won wimbledon at a young age with that big hitting, hard flat groundstroke type game so that's what has got her the wins and the confidence thus far. adding things can be difficult because you don't want to lose that confidence. but i do think the loss to mauresmo has kind of woken her up a bit, i do believe she allready knew she had to add things to her game but this loss kind of cements it into her that it's a must.

Veritas
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:14 AM
As for Maria, hitting hard, flat balls is no longer enough. She needs to add to her game, as the best of the rest have added, and are adding.

I love how these experts give "advice" that's either something the player already knows about or is altogether meaningless.

I'm sure Maria knows she needs to "add to her game" - she's been on tour for a few years, and that's more than enough time to realise this :tape: What would be more useful is to tell Maria what exactly she needs to "add".

Veritas
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:22 AM
And another interesting thing is that it is just THAT--Sharapova's attempt to bring new things into her matches IS the thing that is causing her to lose (aka Juju pre grand slam run).

When she's just starting to "bring new things into her matches", it's natural to feel uncomfortable and lose a few matches. That's why a lot of people avoid removing themselves from their comfort zone, yet it's the successful people who are willing to innovate and try new things, finding out what works for them and what doesn't.

This is a crucial time for Maria to start developing fast. She can't afford to wait until the near future because her game will either be too ingrained in her (and therefore difficult to change) or there'll be up-and-comers with better artillery and will get a head start on her. If she wants to change, then better do it now while it's easier.

Reuchlin
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:27 AM
When she's just starting to "bring new things into her matches", it's natural to feel uncomfortable and lose a few matches. That's why a lot of people avoid removing themselves from their comfort zone, yet it's the successful people who are willing to innovate and try new things, finding out what works for them and what doesn't.

This is a crucial time for Maria to start developing fast. She can't afford to wait until the near future because her game will either be too ingrained in her (and therefore difficult to change) or there'll be up-and-comers with better artillery and will get a head start on her. If she wants to change, then better do it now while it's easier.

Justine, I think, proved this nicely having sacrified one year (the year she lost to Hantuchova in I.W.) for a better career in the long run.

Veritas
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Justine, I think, proved this nicely having sacrified one year (the year she lost to Hantuchova in I.W.) for a better career in the long run.

If only Elena had wisened up and took this approach, she wouldn't have suffered all through her early 20s with a mediocre serve :sad:

Albireo
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:36 AM
And yet Nick will be producing players who can do only that for the rest of his career.

saki
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:24 AM

Yup, exactly. That's why, despite not being a fan, I'll defend Maria on this. She is doing the right thing, it will pay off for her in the longrun. She's got a far better attitude on this than a lot of other top players.

tommyk75
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I think Maria's biggest obstacle is her level of fitness. Her game level always goes way down in the third set, and she starts making wild errors. Clijsters, Henin, and Mauresmo don't seem to have those automatic 3rd-set letdowns because they've still got plenty of energy in the tank. Maria needs to get much fitter, and she also needs to work on her movement and footwork. If she improves those areas, she's definitely got the game to win more Slams.

pla
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:23 AM
What Maria needs is a coach and I'd say not Nick but someone who can teach her how the game works, why she can't affors make a slice which is landing just in the middle of the court only to use "some variety". It's not only to add shots, it's to know how to use them- the most difficult part of it.

Her fitness is OK, she had a break in her preparation at the end of last year and before RG. So it's normal she get tired more easely. And btw, I am amazed that people still talk about her speed and foot-work. She got, regarding the speed, at almost the best she can do with her body. That was clearly seen, she improved a lot in this domain and only the injuries don't let her extend this during a competitive match. The footwork though can get a bit better. But Maria will never, EVER move like Mauresmo or Venus, Justine and name them- the good movers.

So that's it, she tries to add something to her game but it's absolutely chaotic for the moment and I believe she needs someone to put some order into this.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:27 AM
maria gets a lot of shit for her movement, but it has gotten better. she's growing into her skin, it amazes me at the shit she gets for her game...........give her time, she's only 19.

Jakeev
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:32 AM
What's going to make Maria a dangerously tough player to beat in the next 7 years is that intensity that she has.

If she gets herself into better shape and works on her game, I just don't see any reason why she cannot beat say a Justine Henin-Hardenne on a regular basis.

Yeah she is 19, but really now is the time for her to start moving ahead with developing her skills.

pigam
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Maria most definetly doesn't deserve this criticism.
She was very brave during her semi final and maybe even did a bit too much "other" things than "just ball bashing", who will tell.

Even tho she lost, Maria once again prooved (to me) that she is definelty the "real deal". She is amzing, has a lot of talent and wants to work hard to improve every aspect of her game. all respect for maria.

Who's next on Nick's list after serena and maria :rolleyes: Nicole?

flyingmachine
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Yup, exactly. That's why, despite not being a fan, I'll defend Maria on this. She is doing the right thing, it will pay off for her in the longrun. She's got a far better attitude on this than a lot of other top players.
I'm also going to say the same thing as well. I think Maria's attitude is great and her willingness to change her game like what happened at SF is a positive thing. I'm she will won another GS sometime in the future and will dominate the tour but for now as she knows she has a lot things to improve before it will happened. She has a better attitude than someone like Murray for sure. I know this is WTA but Rafa also has the same attitude as Maria and I'm sure he will be a better player in the future as well.

Meteor Shower
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:39 AM
And yet Nick will be producing players who can do only that for the rest of his career.

True. What an idiot.

Martian KC
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Wow, he's such a genius!!!!

xan
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM
The thing is that Maria knows that full well. She's not stupid. You can see she knows it on court by the fact that she is trying to switch it up and she is having moderate success at it. Plus, she said as much in her interview. She's not resting on her laurels at all, she is working on her game, she's got a good attitude and doesn't need to be told this.

Exactly. Maria knows most of what she still needs to add to her game, and is going about it. At one point in the match, she had won more point at net than Momo! One day it will all click together at the right time, if it didn't this week.

the cat
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Maria's game gets exposed against Mauresmo, Clisters and Henin. And her woeful head to head record against them proves that. Now it's up to Maria to prove to the tennis world that she can improve her all around game and adjust to her opponents variety.

vogus
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:29 PM
i have my doubts whether Sharapova will ever improve as a player. I can't say that today she is a better player than when she won Wimby in '04. She has shown time and again that she only plays one game. If that's not good enough to get the top (and it isn't good good enough so far), she'll probably stay where she's been for the last 2 years - ranked around #5, but not better, and winning few if any GS titles.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:11 PM
i have my doubts whether Sharapova will ever improve as a player. I can't say that today she is a better player than when she won Wimby in '04. She has shown time and again that she only plays one game. If that's not good enough to get the top (and it isn't good good enough so far), she'll probably stay where she's been for the last 2 years - ranked around #5, but not better, and winning few if any GS titles.

she doesn't just play one game. she tried mixing it up a lot in the semis against momo. she obviously needs to practice what she's doing because the only thing she's currently good at is her powerful baseline strokes, but it will come, i'm sure.

as far as nick is concered, I don't know what he's doing, but it seems like he's being critical without really being aware, or not really caring about what's actually going on. OR MAYBE, he's not necessarily directing that comment to just Maria, maybe he's directing that comment to all the girls who think sole power can win. AND MAYBE, he's just trying to ensure that his academy isn't labelled as an academy where they teach only power, and more power.

johnoo
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:15 PM
AND MAYBE, he's just trying to ensure that his academy isn't labelled as an academy where they teach only power, and more power.
but is that not the truth though?

spiceboy
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I believe Nick is a bit obsessed with Maria :lol:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/tennis/article1169741.ece

Amélie's win is good for the women's game. It means that the big hitters - the sheer power players like Maria Sharapova - have been thrown a challenge. Either they introduce new elements into their own game to, or they have to find some new level of ballistics - actual missiles maybe?! - to prevail through power alone.

PointBlank
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Isnt that all his academy teaches? :unsure:

Martian Willow
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:27 PM
:haha:

I heard the Oracle of tennis - none other than Tracy Austin - say it was her old coach. Of course she was asked about Maria so she had to find SOME way of bringing herself into the answer.

Robert Lansdorp, who also coached Davenport and Myskina. I think he does mostly groundstrokes. Maybe Nick is miffed at sharing the credit.

Martian Willow
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:28 PM
You don't like her do you G_Slammed.

He doesn't like anything white. :)

Kart
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I actually think Maria is at her best when she's hitting hard and flat.

Some of her more recent losses that I have seen she's been straying away from her strengths and looking a bit desperate.

trivfun
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM
McEnroe said that once Maria builds up her legs to match her 6'3 frame, her serves will be much tougher to handle.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM
she's only 19, she'll be fine

alfonsojose
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:44 PM
SFarapova :wavey:

50Sense
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Did Nick expect Maria to come out hitting slices and dropshots like Mauresmo? I mean, with her build and her attitude, hitting flat shots is what she's best suited for. But of course her game is going to evolve over time.

KClijsters
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:53 PM
http://sport.independent.co.uk/tennis/article1164502.ece

Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon Dossier: Henin-Hardenne grits teeth to succeed as rivals serve up a treat

Coaching Report: In a battle of the Belgians, Clijsters was enjoying herself but for the victor it was almost a matter of life and death

Published: 07 July 2006

You never saw Justine Henin-Hardenne's teeth until the job was done. That's the essence for me of her two-sets semi-final victory over fellow Belgian, Kim Clijsters, yesterday, in what was a darn good match for the spectators. Both girls played good tennis, moving fine, hitting well, competing. There was real quality out there and it did the stage justice.

The difference in my view was Henin's spunk and determination. You never saw her teeth. She never opened her lips. That was the vast difference. It would have been instructive to take a picture of each girl's face every minute, and at the end line all the shots up and look along them.

On Henin's face there would be nothing, frame after frame. It was almost a trance, no sign of emotion. No little grin of "I'm doing a great job, you're doing a great job, what a show we're giving these good folks". Now look along the Clijsters shots. You see that? There's a little smile, just sometimes. And there's another. And there's the difference. One enjoyed it. For the other, it was a matter of life and death.

One point of interest where single-mindedness manifested itself was with Clijsters a break up in the second, at 3-2 and serving, and Henin had just won the point for 0-15. Then Henin coughed a little and, needing a drink, went to the net and got one. I genuinely have no idea whether this was gamesmanship, something conscious, deliberate. I really don't know, and actually this specific example is not the issue. The interesting thing is if you look back in history to times when players have done something like this - and lots have, and nobody did it better than Johnny Mac, all the time - you need to ask what position were they in right then? Were they down, or ahead?

I'm telling you it happens much more often when the answer is down, at just the time when a break in the opponent's momentum would be quite nice, thank you very much. So is it deliberate or instinctive, or neither? The facts are there, and I don't know in this case. You decide.

Back to Henin's focus, I believe it is just as likely to have been her focus rather than Clijsters' lack of it that caused Clijsters to falter slight at key times, like when she dropped her serve to love in the first set, and dropped it again when 6-5 ahead and serving in the second. Of course it could have been a choke - that's a possibility. But in a good match, I don't think so this time.

I know that this has nothing to do with Maria Sharapova, but I like this part.
The reason why I like this part is because people are telling at the moment that Kim isn't enjoying tennis anymore. And this article shows that some people were wrong, because Kim was really enjoying her match against Justine. I think thats positive.. :)..... but we have to wait how she will play on hardcourt....it's her best surface..... but we have to wait.