PDA

View Full Version : China Dolls Yan / Zheng (4) Embarass Black / Stubbs (2) 62 76, Into Wimbledon FINAL

pierce0415
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
China Dolls :hearts:
go get your 2nd GS title :banana:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/library/200x250/71378886.jpg

Libertango
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I got as nervous watching that as I would a singles match! :lol: :eek:

Soooo happy for Jie/Zi, i thought that might lose their grip after leading 6-2 5-3, but tehy played a fab TB. I hope they can now lift the trophy!

GO JIE/ZI! :hearts:

xin_hui
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:41 PM
a scoreline like that is NOT called embarassing, mr intelligent

fer_86
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:41 PM
I got as nervous watching that as I would a singles match! :lol: :eek:

Soooo happy for Jie/Zi, i thought that might lose their grip after leading 6-2 5-3, but tehy played a fab TB. I hope they can now lift the trophy!

GO JIE/ZI! :hearts:

no way! this title goes for vivi and poly :devil:

iPatty
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:42 PM
They've been so awesome in slams this year. :hearts: Jie has really had a great Wimbledon. :worship: She's so good in doubles.

Win your second major of the year now, girls!

Bus
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Jie/Zi :hearts: :kiss: :worship:
Nice win as expected (though broken in the serving for match)

auntie janie
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM
WOW!!!! :eek::aparty::eek::yippee:

Bus
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
no way! this title goes for vivi and poly :devil:
I won't be sad if they finally won Wimbledon, but they have to beat Fedak/Perebiynis first :devil:

Sassy-Na
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:47 PM
sure win for the second G.S doubles title :hearts:

and good luck to ur mixed doubles :D

Dexter
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Awesome!!! :clap2:

DolceVita
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:52 PM
:eek: Good Job!

MLF
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Rennae Stubbs' attitude was way over the top and a little embarrassing & uncomfortable to watch. Glad the Chinese ladies won, they are really usurping Ting Li & Tian Tian Sun now.

Sassy-Na
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:56 PM
T.T have the power, they can play against the physically strong team like nadia/kuz... they just dont have enough motivation after that huge win in 2004 olympics.

lindsayno1
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Renaee was way OTT today. Cara played some awesome shots tho, and so did renaee come to mention it. I think they both peaked a little late though!!
Well done chinese girls.

SOme of caras shots tho....poetry!!

Ellery
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Jie and Zi :woohoo: :yeah: Well done!

Slumpsova
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:08 PM
OMG Jijie and Zizi :speakles:

squig2k
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
awesome match. good win!
black and stubbs didnt know how to respond :)

drake3781
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Congrats Zi/Jie.

Pierce, why do you have to write a title like that? First of all, "China Dolls" is offensive... these are women, athletes, and businesswomen of sorts. Do you describe women you know as "dolls"? This is not the 1940's where women are described as dolls... I am a woman and that is offensive. (Note: if they ever indicated they want to be perceived that way, that is something different. These ladies have never done anything to show off or sell their looks.)

Second, to say "embarasses" is obnoxious and provocative. The term should be reserved for a complete blowout. Seeing that, I now do believe you enjoy creating controversy here... that's fine but don't whine any more when people criticize you about it.

Slumpsova
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Congrats Zi/Jie.

Pierce, why do you have to write a title like that? First of all, "China Dolls" is offensive... these are women, athletes, and businesswomen of sorts. Do you describe women you know as "dolls"? This is not the 1940's where women are described as dolls... I am a woman and that is offensive. (Note: if they ever indicated they want to be perceived that way, that is something different. These ladies have never done anything to show off or sell their looks.)

Second, to say "embarasses" is obnoxious and provocative. The term should be reserved for a complete blowout. Seeing that, I now do believe you enjoy creating controversy here... that's fine but don't whine any more when people criticize you about it.

i thought calling them China Dolls is cute :confused: i mean in thailand there is a girl duo band named China Dolls. don't know what it is though :shrug:

drake3781
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
i thought calling them China Dolls is cute :confused: i mean in thailand there is a girl duo band named China Dolls. don't know what it is though :shrug:

If a group of women name themselves that way, that is fine. If a woman goes out and sells her appearance to the world, that is fine. Call them dolls if that's what they want.

But don't assume that because this is what you see in the media, that every woman wants to be perceived as a doll. A doll is a cute object.

Believe me, many women - good looking ones, too - would be offended to be described as a cute object. Just because some women trade on their looks, not all of us think that is the best way to be in this life.

Edit: have to edit to say that this opinion is obviously a result of my Western feminist culture - and of being a woman - and not everyone here has that perspective.

Libertango
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I have to agree with you, drake3871. I've moaned about it before to pierce123456746396 and also for using the term "girls" which I find just as offensive.

tennislover
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Congrats Zi/Jie.

omg drake you are a over-reactive person IMHO :help:

Sassy-Na
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:30 PM
jie/yan is improving... shall be a great team next year if CTA can somehow make their serves stronger :hearts:

Sassy-Na
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:31 PM
i think they have 70% to win the women doubles title :D

Chunchun
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:58 PM
:woohoo:

jamatthews
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Renaee was way OTT today.

She was absolutely vile today...even worse than against Peshke/Schiavone. I'm so glad Yan/Zheng managed to close it out in the end.

drake3781
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM
She was absolutely vile today...even worse than against Peshke/Schiavone. I'm so glad Yan/Zheng managed to close it out in the end.

What did she do?

Anyone, do I have to buy a "day pass" today on Wimbly Live to watch this, if I already bought 4 day passes in the past week? Or does my previous "day pass" let me see it. (I'll give it a try, but I'm looking for some explanation of what I'm entited to, since I never got it from the Wimbly site.)

cellophane
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
What did she do?

Anyone, do I have to buy a "day pass" today on Wimbly Live to watch this, if I already bought 4 day passes in the past week? Or does my previous "day pass" let me see it. (I'll give it a try, but I'm looking for some explanation of what I'm entited to, since I never got it from the Wimbly site.)

What's the point of buying 4 daily passes, when you could've bought one for the whole time? :confused:

PatrickRyan
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:06 PM
great job! The chinese women are doing great!!

hdfb
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
woo!!! this is fabulous!!! rest up on saturday!! ruano pascal/suarez probably aren't the best grasscourters. go win it China Dolls!

Buitenzorg
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Chinese players are doing so well at Wimbledon ;)

drake3781
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:30 PM
What's the point of buying 4 daily passes, when you could've bought one for the whole time? :confused:

I don't know... I never saw the option to buy the entire time. I just started watching one day and it said "day pass" and I bought it, and it kept happening that way each time. Can I get a refund? :lol:

Sassy-Na
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:54 AM
jie/yan, pls win ur second G.S doubles title :woohoo:

Derek.
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Awesome job Zi and Jie! :D :bigclap:

Good luck in the final! :yeah:

kfh_9118
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:28 AM
great win Zheng/Yan :bigclap:

now win your 2nd GS Double title, the chance is great :angel:

switz
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:20 AM
typical piercewhatever thread.

The "China Dolls" didn't doing any embarassing, Stubbs is perfectly capable of doing that all by herself :o

Sassy-Na
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:09 AM
typical piercewhatever thread.

The "China Dolls" didn't doing any embarassing, Stubbs is perfectly capable of doing that all by herself :o

:lol:

drake3781
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:53 AM
I downloaded the match and am watching it now. Some comments:

A tournament official cut something off the back of Zi's hat before the match, with a little pair of scissors... what? :confused:

I really like the commentators... Virginia Wade and don't know who the man is but I like him too. A lot, both of them.

Wade is v-e-r-y impressed with the Chinese ladies.

Zi's shorts are too tight... panty lines. :tape:

Hardly anyone there to watch....don't people know yet that these are GS champs and so fun to watch? :rolleyes:

Wade keeps emphasizing that Yan/Zheng hit it hard and hit it early. And she was quite impressed with Jie's play with Max Mirnyi in doubles; she said Jie played flawlessly.

(Only in the 4th game... I might have some more comments later. :p )

drake3781
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:28 AM
A few more observations:

Zheng's serve has gotten better since I saw it at AO. And Black/Stubbs are having trouble handling it, surprisingly. She is getting a lot of points on her serve.

Apparently Rennae has been complaining to the umpire about Zheng/Yan moving around while she is serving. But they are only making small bouncing motions to keep heart rate up or side to side to anticipate the placement, just normal motions. The announcers cannot see anything wrong either.

The crowd is firmly behind Black/Stubbs........ don't know why :confused: .

Who is the male Chinese coach who is fat and has spiky hair? I guess the lady coach is Li Chen whom all the Chinese posters here don't like.

Rising Sun
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Can anybody describe how Stubbs was OTT? ;)

ae wowww
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:35 AM
I was so impressed by these guys, playing a slightly different style of doubles. I watched them play Huber/Nav & also this match yesterday. I also loved it when Yan bends over after each match :drool:

Josh.
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:38 AM
i know this is a stupid question but who do they play in the final??
i wonder if it will be on telly..

Alicia Rocks
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM
i know this is a stupid question but who do they play in the final??
i wonder if it will be on telly..

:haha: Yeah Right! :lol:

EDIT: Maybe Fox Sports will show it delayed ;)

23TwentyThree23
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I'll tell you about rennae. I really enjoyed this match - mainly cos the chinese pair were amazing, played tennis like badminton! and also, cos rennae stubbs, who I'd always supported before, as she was a friend of steffi, was disgustingly OTT. she berated herself everytime she f*****d up on a shot (and this happened a lot), everytime the chinese hit winners (this also happened a lot) and on the few occasions she managed to hit even a decent, club player type shot, she bellowed maniacally over the net at her opponents, practically offering them outside for a fight! it was so repugnant it became comical and she made such an arse of herself I felt really sorry for her partner, who was being professional and at least made an attempt to concentrate on the tennis. and then she had the GALL to complain that the chinese were moving around when waiting to receive - unbelievable! when all else fails, try and have a moan about your opponents, a la nathalie tauziat and martina nav against monica seles! as I said, fabulous play from the chinese, who, as if to rub salt in the wound, let out really enthusiastic "yes", whenever they won a point - remember that, rennae?

Carmen Mairena
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Go Zi & Jie!!! :inlove:

stubbsy71
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I'll tell you about rennae. I really enjoyed this match - mainly cos the chinese pair were amazing, played tennis like badminton! and also, cos rennae stubbs, who I'd always supported before, as she was a friend of steffi, was disgustingly OTT. she berated herself everytime she f*****d up on a shot (and this happened a lot), everytime the chinese hit winners (this also happened a lot) and on the few occasions she managed to hit even a decent, club player type shot, she bellowed maniacally over the net at her opponents, practically offering them outside for a fight! it was so repugnant it became comical and she made such an arse of herself I felt really sorry for her partner, who was being professional and at least made an attempt to concentrate on the tennis. and then she had the GALL to complain that the chinese were moving around when waiting to receive - unbelievable! when all else fails, try and have a moan about your opponents, a la nathalie tauziat and martina nav against monica seles! as I said, fabulous play from the chinese, who, as if to rub salt in the wound, let out really enthusiastic "yes", whenever they won a point - remember that, rennae?

I'll tell you about Rennae :haha: You know nothing about Rennae

drake3781
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:56 AM

When she started complaining about Zi (not receiving serve) moving when she (Rennae) was serving, then I started to watch carefully and I saw Rennae moving when Cara was receiving A LOT and WAY MORE than Zi moved! She was moving like crazy!

I didn't hear the bellowing... could you hear it on the Wimbly Live video feed? I think Virginia Wade mentioned it once near the end.

Yes Rennae was making all kinds of motions and facial expressions every time she missed, and she really missed a lot. She looked terrible.

For some reason the crowd was supporting her and Cara tho.

I wondered why Rennae/Cara couldn't handle Jie's serve.... she is not known for having a strong serve at all. But they seemed to not be able to return Jie's serve at all.

Good luck Zi and Jie in your final! :wavey:

égalité
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Congrats Zi/Jie.

I think it's clear that "China Dolls" was meant to be endearing, not objectifying. Really, I don't think there's a deeper sociological meaning behind it. It's "Aw, I love Jie and Zi. They're my little China Dolls and I hope they win :hearts:," rather than "those are some smokin' China Dolls out there. Oh, and they're also tennis players or something."

flyingmachine
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Well done Chinese girls! :yeah: :woohoo: This has been a great year for me at Wimbledon Justine & Amelie at the final, the Chinese girls won and I hope Feddy will won it for the third time than that will be a perfect year for me. :banana:

flyingmachine
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:00 AM
I think it's clear that "China Dolls" was meant to be endearing, not objectifying. Really, I don't think there's a deeper sociological meaning behind it. It's "Aw, I love Jie and Zi. They're my little China Dolls and I hope they win :hearts:," rather than "those are some smokin' China Dolls out there. Oh, and they're also tennis players or something."
To be honestly I don't like the Chinese dolls thing either. I'm a ethical Chinese female and don't want people to call me Chinese dolls. It just sounds like sub-servert. I do perfer girls or ladies instead.