PDA

View Full Version : Justine Fans:how are you spending time till final??

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Well I am soo tensed for the final and esp now I know if she wins in straights, she will be in history, I am just freakin tensed...Tell me how you are dealing with the pressure??I am trying to do my routine today but I just hope tomorrow would come realllly fast...I would try to go out and play tennis myself to make me not think abt the final...Also I have some frnds coming over so I think will have something to do..But tonight will be a longggg one!!!!!!! Man how juju deals with this pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!Tell me how you are dealing with it??

Justine Fan
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Well I am soo tensed for the final and esp now I know if she wins in straights, she will be in history, I am just freakin tensed...Tell me how you are dealing with the pressure??I am trying to do my routine today but I just hope tomorrow would come realllly fast...I would try to go out and play tennis myself to make me not think abt the final...Also I have some frnds coming over so I think will have something to do..But tonight will be a longggg one!!!!!!! Man how juju deals with this pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!Tell me how you are dealing with it??

I'm taking the piss out of vwfan :devil:

I'm trying not to think about it ....but it's very hard and when/if I do think about it I get :scared:

auntie janie
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I am watching the men's matches. :D

Plus, I'm a less nervous than usual about this Final. Partly because it's already such a huge achievement for Justine, reaching this final right after winning RG and Eastbourne. :worship: And partly because, luckily, I love Amélie, and she adjusts her game SO PERFECTLY to the surface; to me she's really the Queen of Grasscourt Tennis and should have won one or more Wimbledons by now. So I don't think I'll feel bad if Am plays great and wins. I'd be much, much more nervous if Justine were playing a player I disliked, because I'd be so desperate for her to beat the girl mercilessly. :D

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I wish these 24 hours just go veryyy quickly...But I know they wont

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I like ame too but I am just too impatient.. I cant wait till next one..I just want Ju ti win now...And if she doesnt I will be devastated :(

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:14 PM
21 hours to go....

The pressure... oh, the pressure...

What if I have to miss the match? What if Justine loses? What if Justine retires again? What if there is a rain delay?

So many question... no answers in sight...

The pressure... the pressure...

SJW
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM
She has a forum.

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM
yeah I thought after winning RG ther wont be anymore questions again!!!!!! But here I am again come on justine Alllezzzzzzzz

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:17 PM
She has a forum.
So whats ur point?? :devil:

SJW
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Any thread directed at a certain group of fans should be posted in that player forum. :)
This is general messages for threads created to general fans. JHH fan questions -> JHH forums.

DragonFlame
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:21 PM
i'm freakin nervous:scared: I really really really want her to win this now so it's over and i don't have to be so nervous the upcoming years :lol:

DragonFlame
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Any thread directed at a certain group of fans should be posted in that player forum. :)
This is general messages for threads created to general fans. JHH fan questions -> JHH forums.

every fangroup posts stuff like this here.

auntie janie
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:28 PM

:lol: Now I've seen everything. Thanks for the laughs. :D

vejh
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
dragonflame, that's exactly how I feel. Let it be over tomorow so I never have to be nervous for her again. lol. Do you know what a great feeling that would be? To watch her play without nerves? Simply mahvellous.

I like Amelie too, but tomorrow has less to do with Amelie, and any other opponent, and more to do with JHH's history.

harloo
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I imagine many Justine stans pray that the belgian doesn't suddenly develop a mysterious stomach ailment during the final tommorow.:lol:

DragonFlame
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM
dragonflame, that's exactly how I feel. Let it be over tomorow so I never have to be nervous for her again. lol. Do you know what a great feeling that would be? To watch her play without nerves? Simply mahvellous.

exactly, it would make things so much easier and more relaxed for my poor heart :lol: Cause i would know she won everything already and she herself would know it aswell. (Well maybe a YEC win would still be nice. i know, i know i'm high demanding :p )
The careerslam would just complete things and give us a much more relaxed time. Also for the posters on this board :lol: (haters and fans alike) it would be more relaxing because the 'justine can play only on clay' 'justine cant do this, justine sucks on grass' etc would all be gone. :)

DragonFlame
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I imagine many Justine stans pray that the belgian doesn't suddenly develop a mysterious stomach ailment during the final tommorow.:lol:

if something happens to her tomorrow i'm seriously gonna hit my head on the wall. If she loses i would probably just not come on this board for the weekend :lol:

saki
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:53 PM
it would be more relaxing because the 'justine can play only on clay' 'justine cant do this, justine sucks on grass' etc would all be gone. :)

How naive are you? Can't you hear the "she only won Wimbledon because she didn't have to play Venus/Serena/Maria/Lindsay" chorus? It just won't matter, if she wins tomorrow!

DragonFlame
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:55 PM
How naive are you? Can't you hear the "she only won Wimbledon because she didn't have to play Venus/Serena/Maria/Lindsay" chorus? It just won't matter, if she wins tomorrow!

yeah but would you care about that if you won the biggest prize on grass anyways? it would certainly make their point moot :) and i would be more relaxed for sure.

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:56 PM
well yeah I think so too..Let it be over and pressure will be off!! But I dont believe that will happen :lol: every slam final amounts to a new pressure for me..Yeah but this time its muchhh more...And I will be veryyy relaxed after that till USO..:D I hope she wins it..i mean she has to win it rt??I hope justine is nervous b4 the match coz she says its a good sign for her..She loves to play those pre match nerves...

vejh
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Here is a nice article with fresh quotes from the WTA 2006 Wimby finalists.

Women promise entertainment and emotion [U]
By Martyn Herman

LONDON (Reuters) - After a succession of blunderbuss women's finals at Wimbledon, Saturday's showpiece between Amelie Mauresmo and Justine Henin-Hardenne promises an old-fashioned dual of flashing backhands, subtle slices and rapier volleys.

Following the biff and bash of the Williams sisters, the shrieking intensity of Maria Sharapova and the bludgeoning blows of Lindsay Davenport, a clash between the elfin-like Belgian and the swashbuckling Frenchwoman could be a treat for the purists.

Whatever happens on Center Court, the Venus Rosewater Dish will have a new name engraved on it on Saturday.

The 24-year-old Henin-Hardenne, three times the French Open champion, lost her only Wimbledon final in 2001 to Venus Williams while Mauresmo's victory over Sharapova here on Thursday ended a run of three semi-final defeats.

It will be the first time the duo have traded their unique array of firepower at the All England Club. The motivation could not be greater for both players.

Henin-Hardenne needs a Wimbledon title to complete her career Grand Slam, while Mauresmo, although she is loath to admit it, wants to prove that her sole major title at this year's Australian Open was not a fluky one-off.

In Melbourne the 27-year-old led a charmed life when first an injured Kim Clijsters retired in their semi-final and then Henin-Hardenne quit in the final with a stomach bug.

She also wants to become the first French winner of the women's singles since Suzanne Lenglen in 1925.

"It just feels strange that no French woman has done it again since then," she told reporters on Friday. "Hopefully I'll be able to join her on the board."

HEALTHY RESPECT

Henin-Hardenne won the French Open without dropping a set and is yet to concede one here. A straight sets victory on Saturday would equal Serena Williams's feat in 2002 when she won Wimbledon and the U.S. Open unblemished.

However she has a healthy respect for Mauresmo and believes the outcome of the final is too close to call.

"It's going to be 50-50," she said.

"I want it a lot, but it will depend on the way I will play, and will depend how Mauresmo is going to play.

"I will have to be at my best level if I want to win this one...it's going to be tactically very exciting, very interesting tomorrow.

"We both move forward a lot. We come to the net. We both have a good game on grass."
Before their truncated final in Melbourne, the previous most important clash was in the final of the 2004 Athens Olympics when Henin-Hardenne won in straight sets.

Mauresmo admits that the Belgian possesses a more steely core but is happy to live with her often frayed nerves.

"Justine was able much younger than me to control her emotions," Mauresmo said. "We're all very different.

"Emotions are a big part in women and in women's sports. But it makes it pretty exciting. Sometimes you suffer a lot but then the reward is even better."

She is determined to put on a show, however.

"It finally comes that I have the opportunity to play for the title here," she said. "It's the most prestigious tournament in the world.
"I think it's a great match-up on paper, it's really a great final. Also, the style of play we both play on this surface, it's going to make it pretty exciting."
After what has been a far from memorable women's tournament, it would be fitting if two of the sport's most dashing playmakers leave a memory to savor.

auntie janie
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Nice article! Thanks!

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I cant believe I am getting bad reps for starting thsi thread..Similar thread with serena venus amelie sharpy are on GM ALL THE TIME and people love to talk abt it..How come this is the thread they r calling shit!!! This is pure hypocracy...A genuine thread and they dont like it but something fake or some shitty hate thread and everyone is so orgasmic and writing the shit..i dont get this at all...

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:00 PM
yeah nice article!!!!!

vejh
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
You know what's hilarious about your faves playing a finals (or any match for that matter)? It is looking for signs to show if she will win or not.lol. Whether it be stats from previous matches cf to the opponent, trends, quotes, the weather, the WC, h2h, Freudian slips etc. It is so hilarious.

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
According to folklore, I thought they'd be slaughtering the innocent, adding them to a boiling cauldron of a secret and foul brew, then smearing themselves in the blood of new born kittens and dancing naked around a tree with a young virgin tied to it.

I hadn't realised her fans were actually so boring - watching the mens! I'm rather disappointed.

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I cant believe I am getting bad reps for starting thsi thread..Similar thread with serena venus amelie sharpy are on GM ALL THE TIME and people love to talk abt it..How come this is the thread they r calling shit!!! This is pure hypocracy...A genuine thread and they dont like it but something fake or some shitty hate thread and everyone is so orgasmic and writing the shit..i dont get this at all...
Aah, I was going to give you some good rep, but it says I have to spread it around a bit before I can give it to you again. I hadn't realised I had given it to you so recently! Anyway, I love the thread - gave me a chance to try and wind JuJu fans up a bit! :wavey:

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Aah, I was going to give you some good rep, but it says I have to spread it around a bit before I can give it to you again. I hadn't realised I had given it to you so recently! Anyway, I love the thread - gave me a chance to try and wind JuJu fans up a bit! :wavey:
Thank you!!!!!!!..

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:59 PM
She has a forum.

So do the Williams Fans, but that never stopped them in GM before a Grand Slam final when the sisters used to make it there. :rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:03 PM
No nerves here.

I'm very proud of the way Justine has dominated in the GS tournaments this year. She's given herself a unique opportunity to make tennis history and as a fan, I can only be happy for her.

Win or lose, she'll only have more of these opportunities. She's dedicated herself to the sport and has her priorities straight.

This won't be her last. :wavey:

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM

Yeah, I can just feel the angst of Justine haters as she has easily made her way through this tournament. Its actually provided a calming effect. Because when they are spewing their diarrhea, you know Justine is about to do something great again.

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:06 PM

Well, at least Justine's fans would know its not from a hangover.... :silly:

loppy
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I'm thinking beyond tomorrow's match.

When will Justine reclaim #1 ranking? When will she pass Serena in GS total? ...

It helps calm my nerves. :D

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I'm thinking beyond tomorrow's match.

When will Justine reclaim #1 ranking? When will she pass Serena in GS total? ...

It helps calm my nerves. :D
I have a feeling - whether it's good or bad is not the point - that your nerves will be calmed very soon!

Yasmine
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I think whoever wins tomorrow you'll find some trolls to say such idiotic stuff :lol:
Good luck to all Juju fans, i'll be supporting Amélie of course but I hope for a good final :worship:

Mightymirza
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:44 PM
I just cant wait till tomorrow..Almost having goosebumps....Just practised my serve for like 2 and half hours as ther was none to play with me.. LOL trying everything to calm myself down!!!!!...This night is gonna be a loggg one...May my dear juju win it finally...I have always deamt of Ju winning Wimby some day and it feels like its sooo close yet soo far...Alllezzzzzzz ju

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:42 AM

Oh I know. I don't care, slams talk and so does history and she would have broken loads of records by winning tomorrow. :scared: If she wins then I will be so fullfilled and satisfied with her career :worship:, if she doesn't then I'll go into depression for a week or two!

If we feel like this, what must she be feeling? :eek:

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:44 AM

Because it's about Justine achieving more than their faves are doing or Justine on her way to becoming greater than their faves. That's why! Quite sad for them really isn't it? :lol:

MH0861
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Allez!

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:48 AM

Where have you wound JuJu fans up? Which post?

Seems like Justine has wound you up though! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justine Fan
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I can just feel the angst of Justine haters as she has easily made her way through this tournament. Its actually provided a calming effect. Because when they are spewing their diarrhea, you know Justine is about to do something great again.

:yeah: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Aerien
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Getting angry with my cable service provider as my cable has been out since yesterday and they might not be able to restore it for the next two days therefore making me miss finals days. :fiery:

Abizack
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:04 AM

I see sleep in my future.

Justeenium
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Today I stepped closer to becoming CPA eligible

purplerain
Jul 8th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Oh it is a nice thread.
I worked on some boring pieces of code this week which actually help me to forget about the final for a while. But now it is time to go to bed so i will be worried again and probably wake up very early tomorrow. No way to overcome my nerve but for sure justine can handle it better ;)