PDA

View Full Version : Maria is NOT dead

Il Primo!
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Some people here tend to think she will never win slams again and she is a eternal semifinalist choker. It's false!!! She just faced more accomplished player who played unbelievable and she's still learning, unlike the player amoung the top 10. She never gave up, always gave everything and wasn't enough.

Believe me, Maria is the next Serena Williams and "that wich does not kill makes you stronger"

So, beware bitches, oneday, Maria will kick your asses :devil: Rendez-vous the US Open

Sam L
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:50 AM
The Siberian Siren lives. :clap2:

WC6320
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Agree 100%, a legend in the making, Go Masha!!!

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Losing a GS semifinal in three sets isn't a bad thing. Its an accomplishment most women in the WTA would die for. And Maria consistently is at the top.

Its called a "powershot."

vwfan
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Who said Maria is dead? :rolleyes:

Her time will come, but she still has a lot to learn. Serena won the U.S. Open in 1999 and didn't win her next slam until RG 2002.

If you want to blame anyone, don't blame tennis fans for their reaction to Maria, blame the media for pre-maturally declaring her "all that."

Everyone resents when the newbie comes along and is declared superior without paying dues and we know Maria got a boost because of the "blonde factor." but she's got to sweat it like everyone else, lose some matches like everyone else, and pay her dues before she waltzes in and makes more payola that folks with better and longer track records.

dead no, but still got something to prove as the highest paid female athlete, yes!

thrust
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM
She needs a real tennis coach and an outstanding movement trainer. Until she adjusts her game to her height and movement, she will not win many major titles.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Her time will come, but she still has a lot to learn. Serena won the U.S. Open in 1999 and didn't win her next slam until RG 2002.

The gap between the years Serena won her first and second slam are misleading because she missed some of the slams played within those years. Actually, after winning her first slam, Serena played 7 slams before she made her second slam final, then won her second slam 8 slams after she won her first. Maria's played 8 slams since she won her first and has yet to make another final. Not that it means anything, just pointing out that she's not on par with Serena and even if she were that still wouldn't mean anything. Serena's Serena and Maria's Maria.

Andy.
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Very well said

~lollipop_girl~
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:02 PM
As much as I agree with you mate, do we really need threads like this to provoke more hate?
Sorry if I offend you by saying that!

genius
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Her attitude to work and mental toughness is great. Hard to not to give credit. Enough talent to be around the top

but the best player or a legend? she will never be. she lacks a wonder weapon that will give her strategic advantage to last a decade. If creative shotmakers emerge on the women's side , she is going to find very difficult to win a slam past such players. Till then she does have her chances. Already the likes of mauresmo and Henin seem to have a wood on her

Jasmin
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Maria is not dead. Eventually the top players will retire so it will be up to maria to step into those shoes. However I think there will be others lurking like Fed did and come out of no where. I can't believe I'm defending Maria.

xin_hui
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Her attitude to work and mental toughness is great. Hard to not to give credit. Enough talent to be around the top

but the best player or a legend? she will never be. she lacks a wonder weapon that will give her strategic advantage to last a decade. If creative shotmakers emerge on the women's side , she is going to find very difficult to win a slam past such players. Till then she does have her chances. Already the likes of mauresmo and Henin seem to have a wood on her

i do agree with you. but the problem is, the younger ones (around sharapova's age), most of them seem to me to be just huge ball-bashers. they lack the variety that amelie, JHH, kim etc have. which is why sharapova's H2H against them is 1-11, but does very well against the girls her age.