PDA

View Full Version : Have we seen the end of Chokomomo?

Reuchlin
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Having finally watched the Sharapova vs. Mauresmo match, and the Myskina Mauresmo Match I must say that Amelie is becoming a mental giant out on the tennis court. Her mini-lapse in the second vs. Sharapova happened merely because of a concentration lapse and Sharapova lifting her game.I thus give you Amelie ChokoNOMore Mauresmo!

Kenny
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:49 AM
lmao @ Chokenomoe. :)

Don't speak to soon.. let her win the final first!

Let's go AMELIE!

JustineTime
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Having finally watched the Sharapova vs. Mauresmo match, and the Myskina Mauresmo Match I must say that Amelie is becoming a mental giant out on the tennis court. Her mini-lapse in the second vs. Sharapova happened merely because of a concentration lapse and Sharapova lifting her game.I thus give you Amelie ChokoNOMore Mauresmo!

Plagiarist! :mad:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=247912 :angel:

Derek.
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Hell to the no. She'll be back. :scared:

junlee_vee
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:00 AM
I wouldn't really call her a mental GIANT yet, but she seems to be getting better!

Reuchlin
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Plagiarist! :mad:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=247912 :angel:
LOL, I am really sorry: but your post was a little unclear...

JustineTime
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:01 AM
LOL, I am really sorry: but your post was a little unclear...

Thanks for the "clarification". :p

federated
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I really really hope so. The way she hung in there v. Sharapova gives me hope.

Sam L
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Hell to the no. She'll be back. :scared:
:haha:

Really, I'm warming up to Amélie and I actually will be rooting for her and les bleus this weekend. Allez la France.

So ChokoNoMore seems like it'll be a new nickname. :)

sapir1434
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:00 PM
:haha:

Really, I'm warming up to Amélie and I actually will be rooting for her and les bleus this weekend. Allez la France.

So ChokoNoMore seems like it'll be a new nickname. :)
:eek:

Barbarela
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I really don't understand the word "Chokomomo"!Everybody chokes here and there but we don't ear people saying Chocovenus or chococlijsters or...etc...etc...! Why is that?????!!!! :(

I have an opinion, it's only my opinion but here it goes:

Amelie is lesbian, so the problems begin!!

To some enligteness people, lesbianism is synonynous of male attitudes, a certain rudeness in manners, no kindness and no sensitive soul! A lesbian is not suppose to show weakness, i guess!

I think the "chokomomo" reflects only prejudice!
So sad! :sad:

ToeTag
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I really don't understand the word "Chokomomo"!Everybody chokes here and there but we don't ear people saying Chocovenus or chococlijsters or...etc...etc...! Why is that?????!!!! :(

I have an opinion, it's only my opinion but here it goes:

Amelie is lesbian, so the problems begin!!

To some enligteness people, lesbianism is synonynous of male attitudes, a certain rudeness in manners, no kindness and no sensitive soul! A lesbian is not suppose to show weakness, i guess!

I think the "chokomomo" reflects only prejudice!
So sad! :sad:
Mmm, no. I disagree.

Ppl talk about her being a choker more than other players beause she has had so many more obvious chokes, or what seem to be chokes.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:20 PM
we'll see tomorrow, won't we

auntie janie
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I think Amélie has now reached the stage that Justine's been in for some time. Of course they'll still get nervous, and will still choke at times during a big match, but they've both learned to put it behind them and move forward. How many times have we seen Justine get broken when serving for a match or for a championship, only to break right back or else serve it out calmly in her next service game? And now I think Amélie will be able to do the same; she's proven this week that her meltdowns no longer have to mean she's out of the match (except possibly at Roland Garros! ;) )

It's going to be an exciting time now for Amélie and for her long-suffering, loyal fans, whom I really admire for sticking by her through all the excruciating days and years. :hug: I love her, but I had to let her go for a couple years because I couldn't take the torture! :lol:

vwfan
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Well, I hope so. And the win tommorrow will certainly earn her real respect, as an elite player and deserving of the #1 rank. But it ain't gonna be easy, because we know that Justine will fight to the end.

If, she wins tommorrow, she will gain the respect of a lot of people and prove that the Aus Open title was won with better play and not by default.

It'd be great to see her get it.

alfonsojose
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Out of Roland Garos, probably :D

goldenlox
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I would call this a big match for both of them

squig2k
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:47 PM
momo has definitely learnt to suppress her emotions as shown in the final set where she beat sharapova. though occasional lapses in the 2nd set as shown can decide matches :(

Viktymise
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Myskina and Sharapova are 2 players she has a good record against, its much easier to believe against them than against someone who you have lost to more than beating