PDA

View Full Version : Maria lost the semi because her draw was too easy...

henree
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:40 PM
I really think that Maria has had some easy draws during the last 3 slams. While this may artificially inflate her ranking. It isn't helping her win the big matches against the top 4 in the world. I believe Maria can turn around her horrible results Vs Clijsters/Mauresmo/Henin. But she needs to be pushed early on. If she continues to glide to the semi's like she has been doing, she won't be battle ready when its time to put it all on the line.

canoe.
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Well don't forget she almost lost in the first round of the french.

AllezCumonJiayou
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:43 PM
no, Maria lost becuase Mauresmo overall has a better and more complete game and she played better on the day.
And did you forget the Flavia match? If Maria had a tougher opponent that day she wouldn;t even be in the semis

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I really think that Maria has had some easy draws during the last 3 slams. While this may artificially inflate her ranking. It isn't helping her win the big matches against the top 4 in the world. I believe Maria can turn around her horrible results Vs Clijsters/Mauresmo/Henin. But she needs to be pushed early on. If she continues to glide to the semi's like she has been doing, she won't be battle ready when its time to put it all on the line.

:confused:

did you see the 4th round match v pennetta
flavia was the better player and should have won-she even won more points than masha

yes maria had the easiest draw you could wish for but she nearly didnt make it through

she doesnt beat the other top players cos she isnt as good as them yet

Carmen Mairena
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM
She lost because she's waaaaay worse than you think... :rolleyes: :retard:

FrenchY52
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM
She lost because Amélie is a better grass player and she wasn't able to hit hard like she can do well in Amé's balls

Dawn Marie
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
She lost the semi cause of the better player today. What else are the conspirators going to do? Give her a decent hard draw so she'll lose in round one? or two? She made the semi and they're happy. Masha is with reality now.

I hope this kid doesn't start believing her own hype. I hope she stays grounded along with her Dad. I want this kid to struggle. Having it easy because of the IT factor is silly. So I hope she gets tough draws like Venus and Serena,Henin had so she can really prove to us how good she really is.

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM
She lost the semi cause of the better player today. What else are the conspirators going to do? Give her a decent hard draw so she'll lose in round one? or two? She made the semi and they're happy. Masha is with reality now.

I hope this kid doesn't start believing her own hype. I hope she stays grounded along with her Dad. I want this kid to struggle. Having it easy because of the IT factor is silly. So I hope she gets tough draws like Venus and Serena,Henin had so she can really prove to us how good she really is.

So who are these "Conspirators" and how do they operate, Dawn?:rolleyes:

brabbit
Jul 6th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I agree her draw was too easy!!! Then your suddenly up against players that are much tougher. That is no way to prepare. If she got some tougher opponents earlier than maybe she would have been more prepared. Giving her an easy draw might get her to the semifinals, but that's usually were it will end.

IceHock
Jul 6th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I don't think she would have beat Momo either way,some of the shots she pulled off were just jaw dropping,the way for her to win is LEARN HOW TO VOLLEY,she missed like 10 easy ones.

LH2HBH
Jul 6th, 2006, 10:42 PM
this thread :retard:

Her ranking will not 'inflate'. She finished exactly the same as last year.

faboozadoo15
Jul 6th, 2006, 10:46 PM
her draw was fine. her draw was no easier than the other three semifinalists', unless you think myskina and na li are way tougher than dementieva.
sharapova lost because mauresmo was better today, just like she's been all year.

she also missed like 10 relatively easy volleys. that never helps. she also missed a lot of chances at the beginning of the third, but momo was more solid and deserved to win.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 6th, 2006, 11:05 PM
oh give me a break, not another one of these. maria had a great match with flavia...survived it, but was close. you could say the same thing about justine then, give me a break.

Gowza
Jul 6th, 2006, 11:13 PM
i think maria lost because she isn't playing quite as consistently now (might be that she's still not fully back from injury but she's a bit inconsistent). she is also having mental problems atm. RG 5-1 up in the 3rd set against safina, she really should have won that one and it's continued through wimbledon. she also doesn't play as well on the big points anymore imo at least she hasn't this wimbledon, that's why the pennetta match was tougher than expected, that's why dementieva was able to come back into the match because although dementieva stepped it up a bit sharapova was still playing pretty well until it came to the tight situations where she missed a few shots she shouldn't have.