PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one pleased Kim's retiring soon?

DevilishAttitude
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Kim used to be alright but ever since her US Open win, she's got very annoying.

1) Her *injuries* - That was the worst annoying thing ever in Australia when she was so *injured* and then won matches 6-1 6-2. Then she got really injured *karma* Supposed to be out weeks, comes back on scheudle :rolleyes: Odd.

2) How she tries to always be an angel - I'm fed up of her trying to come across so wonderful, it's patronising.

3) Her motivation - Ever since AO, she has looked completely fed up with tennis. Either turn up and enjoy it or go home and make some kids.

4) Her constant put downs on herself - Kim should be proud of her slam, not go on about how every top player is so much better than herself. She's a great player, yet acts no better than someone ranked in the 100's.

5) Her game getting worse - At the US, she looked unstoppable, now she's changed to wanting to end ralllies after every 2 shots. Why? Must be motivation.

I knew some people will label me has a hater, but I find her tiring. I'm sure she's a nice person, but it makes her frustrating has a tennis fan :mad:

SharapovaFan16
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:25 PM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrigghhhhttt

Pheobo
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM

I would think that you would be able to relish the things you have in common with her...guess not.

Jasmin
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Wow...how is Kim trying to be an angel.

-jenks-
Kim is the best sport on the women's side! I will be so sad shen she leaves the game, but I hope she will be happy! :)

pierce0415
Devilish :wavey:

we agree on something else (besides our hate of Nadia) !!!
I am also glad Kim will be retiring soon

égalité
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:29 PM
2) How she tries to always be an angel - I'm fed up of her trying to come across so wonderful, it's patronising.

You know, there are some people out there who are good people without ulterior motives.

venusfan
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Kim is being payed by the Belgian Government to tank matches against Henin. After Henin wins Wimbledon this year she will no longer have to do it so that's why she's going to retire next year. Competition will get a lot difficult for Henin from now on.

borisy
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I think she's a very good player when motivated but yes, she is annoying.

xin_hui
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:31 PM

1) Her *injuries* - That was the worst annoying thing ever in Australia when she was so *injured* and then won matches 6-1 6-2. Then she got really injured *karma* Supposed to be out weeks, comes back on scheudle :rolleyes: Odd.

3) Her motivation - Ever since AO, she has looked completely fed up with tennis. Either turn up and enjoy it or go home and make some kids.

4) Her constant put downs on herself - Kim should be proud of her slam, not go on about how every top player is so much better than herself. She's a great player, yet acts no better than someone ranked in the 100's.

5) Her game getting worse - At the US, she looked unstoppable, now she's changed to wanting to end ralllies after every 2 shots. Why? Must be motivation.

I knew some people will label me has a hater, but I find her tiring. I'm sure she's a nice person, but it makes her frustrating has a tennis fan :mad:

1) if anyone couldnt see she was injured in the early rounds, they were delusional/blind. it wasnt her who was always talking about her injury. the media was. what can she do when practically every bloody question in her press conferences were about her injury? :rolleyes: if there is karma in tennis, it should hit someone else real hard, but it hasnt.
2)if 99% of the players, men and women say she is, maybe she is really like that. tough shit she's a nicer person than you.
3) did you see her reaction when she lost earlier today?
4) when people are humble, it's called putting themselves down. when people talk good about themselves, it's called arrogance
5) what does motivation has to do with trying to "end rallies after 2 shots" (which isnt true anyway)? just finding excuses to show she lacks motivation? :rolleyes:

she reaches 3 GS semifinals in a row, and people are calling for her head to be chopped, she should retire. then shouldnt everyone else except amelie and JHH?

JackFrost
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Honestly? No, you´re not the only one.
I don´t mind, if she makes room for player, who wants to win tournaments.

pierce0415
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Honestly? No, you´re not the only one.
I don´t mind, if she makes room for player, who wants to win tournaments.

she will be making room for a deserving top 10 player next year :banana:

Il Primo!
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM
She's boring and hopeless as hell so you're not the only one pleased
Bye bye Kim :kiss: :wavey:

manu32
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:39 PM
she wants a life without tennis ans she is right....not a navratilova bis......

Lady
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:39 PM
The worst part? Most people knocking on Kim right now don't even care for her. They oly pissed cause she didn't beat Justine for their pleasure. :rolleyes:

From what I heard she played great today, and she really wanted to win, but so did the other player, you know. :rolleyes:

squig2k
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:40 PM
i agree about kims performance since the US Open, but i just think shes found it difficult and i think she played well against justine today. i thought she would have been beaten easily to be honest, and I thought she had a chance when she was a break up in both sets :(

Bounty Hunter
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:41 PM
If Kims feel she has better things to do, so be it. Let the woman enjoy her life they way she feels fit...

I wish her the best! :bounce:

AkademiQ
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I just fast-forwarded through the JHH/Clijsters match because I expected Clijsters to roll over and I didn't want to waste an hour of my life watching that. I think started to actually start rooting against Clijsters, simply b/c I'm tired of seeing JHH and just about everyone else beat her when it counts. It's disappointing to see her get to the later stages of a tournament, only to see her choke and lose to JHH or someone else who just looks like they WANT it more.

xin_hui
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I just fast-forwarded through the JHH/Clijsters match because I expected Clijsters to roll over and I didn't want to waste an hour of my life watching that. I think started to actually start rooting against Clijsters, simply b/c I'm tired of seeing JHH and just about everyone else beat her when it counts. It's disappointing to see her get to the later stages of a tournament, only to see her choke and lose to JHH or someone else who just looks like they WANT it more.

she doesnt want it? right, i think you stopped your tape/DVD immediately after MP and failed to see her pissed off look while walking offcourt

jes_022
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I always find it funny that people who could care less about a certain player, are the ones who talk and creat threads the most about them.

Go water your plants or something.

JackFrost
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:47 PM
The worst part? Most people knocking on Kim right now don't even care for her. They oly pissed cause she didn't beat Justine for their pleasure. :rolleyes:

From what I heard she played great today, and she really wanted to win, but so did the other player, you know. :rolleyes:

No, I like Justine and I hoped she would win this (and the whole tournament). :D
But Kim said herself that it is more important for her, to make friends on the tour than win tournaments. :)
But friends she can make at home. The tenniscourt is there to play a sports competition.

No.1Hingis
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Is little hard to say.. somebody is waiting she is retiring soon...

I guess is something about what she wants to her life.. that is no a side her TENNIS LIFE.. Is annoying to watch she give it up sometimes.. but we just dont know what she is feeling or thinking..

Justine just took her height and is mannaging Kim game..
Kim is a fighter but she is paying the bill... and so other girls are in same way... Some girls get it all under control like Justine...

I dont blame her.. just.. she is living in a hole .. I mean about tennis.. and last part is so difficult to overpass.. so.. as she wants.. If she feels she cant give more.. is better she retire as the great player she already is...

DevilishAttitude
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I would think that you would be able to relish the things you have in common with her...guess not.

JenFan75, shut up :)

Devilish :wavey:

we agree on something else (besides our hate of Nadia) !!!
I am also glad Kim will be retiring soon

:wavey:

If only we could agree about Na :mad: ;)

1) if anyone couldnt see she was injured in the early rounds, they were delusional/blind. it wasnt her who was always talking about her injury. the media was. what can she do when practically every bloody question in her press conferences were about her injury? :rolleyes: if there is karma in tennis, it should hit someone else real hard, but it hasnt.
2)if 99% of the players, men and women say she is, maybe she is really like that. tough shit she's a nicer person than you.
4) when people are humble, it's called putting themselves down. when people talk good about themselves, it's called arrogance
5) what does motivation has to do with trying to "end rallies after 2 shots" (which isnt true anyway)? just finding excuses to show she lacks motivation? :rolleyes:

she reaches 3 GS semifinals in a row, and people are calling for her head to be chopped, she should retire. then shouldnt everyone else except amelie and JHH?

1) She was, she just beat Schiavone and then told the crowd. I'm struggling with my injuries, I'm in a lot of pain. That was disrespectful to Fran.

2) 99% say this? I don't think so. I don't care if she's nicer than me.

3) So? That doesn't end motivation talks.

4) That's if your being cynical.

5) Because she wants to end the match has quick has possible. Her FH has never been worse.

At least I know people do, considering my good reps I've recieved for this thread.

vwfan
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:52 PM

From what I heard she played great today, and she really wanted to win, but so did the other player, you know. :rolleyes:it might just might be conceivable that not everything is about justine. :lol:

anyway, i won't be happy when Kim retires. i think she has brought a lot to the sport, but if she has other interests and wants to get off the road than good for her for going after what she wants.

xin_hui
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
At least I know people do, considering my good reps I've recieved for this thread.

sure people would goodrep you! the haters!

Pinkie
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Oh, don't worry there are lots more immature spiteful 13 year olds on this board just like you. So enjoy green dots for what they are worth :p

I am sure it must be frustrating for someone who obviously doesn't like Kim to see her get to 3 GS semis (how many other players have done that this year?) while being injured, unmotivated, and without a coach.

So basically you have a problem with her 'pretenting' to have an injury, then you have a problem with her really having an injury. Then you have a problem with her 'trying' to be nice (which is what exactly?), then you have a problem with her motivation levels that you have been able to measure how?, then you have a problem with her downplaying expectations (something she has always done in public, but given her tightening in the actual matches you just know is a front), then you have a problem with her not playing at her best (You don't like a player because she has played better before? Seeing that she cannot play the number of tournaments and is restricted in her training because she has to rest more, it is indeed furstrating. For her and her fans. Why would you care?). In summary, you're the one with the issues. Kim's the one just one win away from a GS final :p

manu32
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM
she is the nicest player on the tour

jes_022
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:09 PM

:wavey:

If only we could agree about Na :mad: ;)

1) She was, she just beat Schiavone and then told the crowd. I'm struggling with my injuries, I'm in a lot of pain. That was disrespectful to Fran.

3) So? That doesn't end motivation talks.

4) That's if your being cynical.

5) Because she wants to end the match has quick has possible. Her FH has never been worse.

http://sd-1.net/style_emoticons/default/baaa.gif

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I'm not pleased she's retiring. I want her to stay. But I am annoyed by her too. I'll just say I am *annoyed* by her. For someone who wants to go and make babies and all that, she sure isn't playing like tomorrow is her last day, because it practically is. ...Whatever

But Kim's my fav player. I had a website on her for four years. So if anyone calls me a hater, I'll slap them. :)

RAA
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I will be sad when she retires.

she has always been a good ambassador for the sport.

she competes and plays VERY hard. before this last round of injuries I felt like she ran EVERYTHINg down and gave it her all.

lets face it, Justine is BETTER than her. I know their head to head is something like 12-10 which implies its close, but its really not. you can't hate on her because she can't beat Justine who is clearly in a league above her.

she was NEVER going to be a dominating player on the tour. she doesn't have the HUGE big game to do that. she has had a MORE than decent career - slam title, a couple of slam finals. she was #1 yes,?

let her be.

-sugi-
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:19 PM

I remember reading someones signature on here and it had lots of comments about the players like Roger, Serena about what they thought of Kim and they were all saying how nice she was :) I can't remember the poster who had it in her signature

Anyway, back on topic, I am sad Kim is retiring :sad: She was the first player I ever liked, when I started following tennis in 2001.

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:50 PM
She just might piss you off and not retire.

-jenks-
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM

I know you got some bad reps too! :( I know I gave you one :o

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:53 PM
bad rep for you, she's too talented to retire that early.

-jenks-
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:53 PM

Let me see you try to name one player that doesn't like Kim! :)

Hard, isn't it! :lol:

Hagar
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:55 PM
lets face it, Justine is BETTER than her. I know their head to head is something like 12-10 which implies its close, but its really not. you can't hate on her because she can't beat Justine who is clearly in a league above her.

I absolutely disagree here. I think Kim is as good a player as Justine. She definitely was last summer.

I personally think Kim is mentally tired for the moment and I think the reason for that is a winter break that was not long enough, at least not long enough for her to first disconnect from tennis and then slowly start training again.

I think it is positive that the Masters are in Europe this year, so if Kim makes it to the Masters, it will only be at 2 hours from Belgium so no time and energy wasted in a long flight.

What Kim needs is a break, then a good training period. I hope she manages to organize that this winter. Maybe she should only play Sydney before the Australian, or maybe even no preparatory tournament for Australia at all.

I also think that Kim can still improve her game. Her serve could be sharper and the net play can be improved. The question is whether she still wants to work on her game. Maybe she is just happy with the way things are currently going. I feel it is a pity because she can play better than the way she is playing for the moment (although it is still good enough to beat most players on the tour). But on the other hand, I can also perfectly understand that she is mentally tired.

Still, I thought she played quite well today and the hardcourt season is coming so I think more good results will follow. She did after all do better at Wimbledon than last year...

mboyle
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:57 PM
You know, again, people on these boards often lose perspective and think "if she's so talented in tennis, she should just play tennis and never do anything else." I used to be really really good at piano and played in concerts and things with people 5 to 10 years older than I was, but I HATED it. When I quit, my entire family gave me shit about it and told me I was a waste of talent blah blah blah, but my heart just wasn't there, and I thought I could be more successful and happy doing something else. Kim's heart is obviously not into tennis anymore. That's totally legitimate. She has already won a slam and gotten to no. 1. What does she have to prove?

-jenks-
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Just to let everyone know, Kim said that there is a possibility of a comeback after she has a kid! ;)

Pheobo
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Another new nickname for the Pheobster... :bounce:

I won't question it.

Couver
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Kim's early retirement will be a huge loss to tennis. But it's her life and if that's what makes her happy then I support her. But I think it will definetly leave a void in the sport for some time.

Yes Kim was injured in Australia, a lot of players play with nagging injuries, she mentioned it once and then kept getting asked about it at every press conference, what was she supposed to do, not answer? As for her return fron injury, there is never an exact date of when an injury will heal to hold that against her is just :retard:
I find Kim's personality endearing. It's nice to see a player avoiding all the drama that the media tries to create. The players clearly don't find it patrionizing since many are good friends with her.
I think she's been motivated, her results have been very consistent. She's just run into a better player at the last 3 slams. We'll see after the HC season, that is Kim's best surface and she totally dominated it last year, I think she can do so again.

V-MAC
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Kim's alright. she is just predictable now when it comes to the later stages of slams.

MisterMan
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I'm glad she's retiring. I'm sure she's a nice girl, but i find her and her game boring.
I want drama !!!

Justine Fan
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:13 PM

:bs:

I've just given you a bad rep :haha: so that's one less green :lol:

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Just to let everyone know, Kim said that there is a possibility of a comeback after she has a kid! ;)

that's hot:D

Tennisation
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that Maria fans will be pleased, now Maria won't have to get spanked by Kim nemore :devil:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I'm pretty sure that Maria fans will be pleased, now Maria won't have to get spanked by Kim nemore :devil:

No, I'm hardly pleased.

go hingis
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:19 AM
I think they all can be annoying at times. We see it more at grandslams because most of the top players play down their chances and sound so unmotivated. This year has been pretty bad, the players that a fit and ready play down their chances to the media to keep the pressure off.

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:19 AM
that's hot:D
Evonne Goolagong won Wimbly after having a baby, as did Margaret Court I think. Of course they had also won BEFORE they had a baby!

ceiling_fan
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:23 AM
number 4 is called modesty

MistyGrey
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Really?? :banana:
Lets go Brian! knock her up quickly, so she is back in 2009!

Sam L
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:07 AM

This is probably the best post on Kim Clijsters on this board and pretty much sums up to the T of my feelings towards her.

vutt
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Kim retiring soon is bad, because otherwise weaker players like Elena D might get a greater chance to win GS. And that's bad for womens tennis.

SelesFan70
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM
she will be making room for a deserving top 10 player next year :banana:

And it won't be Na Li that's for sure. :lol:

hwanmig
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:42 PM

1) Her *injuries* - That was the worst annoying thing ever in Australia when she was so *injured* and then won matches 6-1 6-2. Then she got really injured *karma* Supposed to be out weeks, comes back on scheudle Odd.

I knew some people will label me has a hater, but I find her tiring. I'm sure she's a nice person, but it makes her frustrating has a tennis fan

You should be happy Kim is retiring, Francesca is probably more than happy seeing her gone like in your avatar.

Fantastic
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I've never seen a darker face that Kim Clijster's while she's playing a match. There is "intense" and then there is Kim. She looks intense but doesn't play like it.

I'm glad Justine won. She wants it and she loves it. Justine has had her share of injuries too. And she's also a married woman. She could also just as easily declare that she will walk away from the game next year. But I can't see Justine not appreciating her talent and chase after life with both hands. She knows that she only gets one chance at tennis and will have the rest of her life for a family.

I don't think Kim appreciates her abilities and talent for tennis nearly as much as Justine. Her family values are commendable but it's like she's applying for martyrdom with her declaration. How wonderful of Kim to give up her God-given talent to have babies. Let's love her. If she doesn't have a passion for tennis, walk away now. Don't set deadlines and prolong the agony. She is not chained to it. Go, leave, now!

xin_hui
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I've never seen a darker face that Kim Clijster's while she's playing a match. There is "intense" and then there is Kim. She looks intense but doesn't play like it.

I'm glad Justine won. She wants it and she loves it. Justine has had her share of injuries too. And she's also a married woman. She could also just as easily declare that she will walk away from the game next year. But I can't see Justine not appreciating her talent and chase after life with both hands. She knows that she only gets one chance at tennis and will have the rest of her life for a family.

I don't think Kim appreciates her abilities and talent for tennis nearly as much as Justine. Her family values are commendable but it's like she's applying for martyrdom with her declaration. How wonderful of Kim to give up her God-given talent to have babies. Let's love her. If she doesn't have a passion for tennis, walk away now. Don't set deadlines and prolong the agony. She is not chained to it. Go, leave, now!

all i'm going to say is, both having had injuries and both having/going to have families does not make them equal. please do not use JHH's idea of life and dump it onto kim and expect her to be the same. JHH wants to play tennis till forever? good on her. JHH doesnt want children now? that's her wish. is it wrong of kim to think differently from JHH? no. no one told you to love her.

and i think you were watching a different match from me yesterday :rolleyes: kim did not want it? maybe your eyes got blinded by hate.

Aaron.
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I guess your the only one DevilishAttitude :lol:

KClijsters
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:53 PM

Yeah, I agree with you.
Kim is a good player. She can beat most of the players, but not Justine at the moment. She's just to good for Kim at the moment.
And Kim reached 3 GS semifinals in a row. That's not bad.

KClijsters
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:00 PM
all i'm going to say is, both having had injuries and both having/going to have families does not make them equal. please do not use JHH's idea of life and dump it onto kim and expect her to be the same. JHH wants to play tennis till forever? good on her. JHH doesnt want children now? that's her wish. is it wrong of kim to think differently from JHH? no. no one told you to love her.

and i think you were watching a different match from me yesterday :rolleyes: kim did not want it? maybe your eyes got blinded by hate.

Yeah, I agree with you again :)
They are different persons. But that doesn't mean that one person is better. \
And I also watched the match, and Kim really wanted to win. She was not happy that she lost this match. But on the important points Justine was better.

danieln1
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:25 PM
You´re so right!
She should retire at the end of this season... always beating my favourite players, her game is so boring to watch.

Yasmine
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Jeez why do Kim fans or people who appreciate Kim a minimum even bothered replying in such a thread? :shrug: Haters are there and always will be :rolleyes: And I find that for trolls the classiest players can never do anything right, whether they win or lose, play good or bad. They just won't get over the fact that some are well appreciated by the majority of players and tennis fans... I'm also wondering how many players would dream of having even half of the success Kim's had in her career :scratch: quite a lot i would say.

terjw
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:59 PM

:yeah: Great point by point answer. I just sooo agree with you.

As to the question in the title and who is pleased Kim is retiring end 2007. Well on the one hand EVERY commentator, presenter, ex tennis player, current player, Larry Scott, newspaper writer I've ever seen. The one thing they all say - how they will be so sad and sorry to see Kim retire.

On the other hand - wanting to see her go we have um let's see - Devilish :rolleyes: and Piercenumbers :rolleyes: ... I think that says it all really.

Slumpsova
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I'm not pleased she's retiring. I want her to stay. But I am annoyed by her too. I'll just say I am *annoyed* by her. For someone who wants to go and make babies and all that, she sure isn't playing like tomorrow is her last day, because it practically is. ...Whatever

But Kim's my fav player. I had a website on her for four years. So if anyone calls me a hater, I'll slap them. :)

OMG you are my idol now. i wish i can SLAP someone here too :lol:

furrykitten
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:52 PM
She should retire if she has lost interest sure but if she's leaving because she doesn't believe in herself thats different.

jbone_0307
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM
She didn't look unstoppable at the US Open. She got very lucky in the quaterfinals when somebody impersonating Venus showed up when Venus was up a set and a break.

no.ordinary.love
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM
The next season might be very bad for the WTA tour. Davenport and Pierce will probably not be around any more. There are more and more hints that Willliams sisters might quit too. The same with Myskina. Chances that "old big guns" like Capriati or Seles come back are about zero. How can somebody wish that Clijsters retires too?
Do you really want to see Amelie vs. Justine in every Grand Slam final?

new-york
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:10 PM
i wish she would have won one her three sf this year.

JackFrost
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM
The next season might be very bad for the WTA tour. Davenport and Pierce will probably not be around any more. There are more and more hints that Willliams sisters might quit too. The same with Myskina. Chances that "old big guns" like Capriati or Seles come back are about zero. How can somebody wish that Clijsters retires too?
Do you really want to see Amelie vs. Justine in every Grand Slam final?

For every "old" player, that retires, waits a young one to get on the top.
They will grow on us, like the retired player did.
Life is develoment, life never stands still. So every player will some nice day quit playing. :)

no.ordinary.love
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:29 PM
For every "old" player, that retires, waits a young one to get on the top.
They will grow on us, like the retired player did.
Life is develoment, life never stands still. So every player will some nice day quit playing. :)

I do not think so. The retirement of 3 or 4 top players at once would be a big loss for the WTA. Vaidisova or Ivanovic are not good enough yet to replace them.

DevilishAttitude
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Well currently, I've had 7 good reps for this thread, and at least 7 replies saying or implying there pleased, so obviously, it's not just me or Pierce0415 that wants her to retire :)

IceHock
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I just don't like it when she says that she is fine with making semifinals at slams...i mean the point is to win Kim!!!not just make the semi's,so that's what irritates me,because she has so much talent,only if she had belief.

borisy
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I don't buy Kim's fake bubbly personality but being happy for someone's retirement is ugly. I think Kim will be missed in terms of tennis because she has a unique game and it adds a different level to women's tennis.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Well currently, I've had 7 good reps for this thread, and at least 7 replies saying or implying there pleased, so obviously, it's not just me or Pierce0415 that wants her to retire :)

Fine.

Every commentator, ex-tennis player, presenter, current player, Larry Scott, and newspaper writer vs. seven people. How ignorant of us.

I've never seen anyone be accused of playing half-assed tennis when they've reached three Grand Slam semi-finals in one year (with the US Open still to go). Yes, she played a bad match against Henin-Hardenne at RG. She's entitled to a bad day. The bottom line is that she got injured against Amelie and Justine is just BETTER than her right now. It doesn't mean she's tanking.

Believe it or not, there are one or two players who are better than her right now. Did anyone accuse Conchita Martinez of tanking ten years ago when Steffi and Arantxa kept beating her in Grand Slam semis?

What bullshit.