PDA

View Full Version : Maria is still the Queen of Tennis

sunset
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Although she came up short today American favorite Maria is still the Queen of Tennis.
Most beautful, highest paid and most popular woman tennis player in the world.
Long Live the Queen.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/7e/full.getty-71366990dm176_wimbledon_cha_12_28_02_pm.jpg

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:01 PM
i'll give u this consolation price.

salvy41
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
You're very welcome to your own opinion.

Ferosh
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Biggest bullshit I've ever heard. When was she ever the "Queen of Tennis?"

:haha:

Jasmin
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
How is she in reality the queen of tennis.

LH2HBH
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:05 PM
She's Tremendous. I'm With You 100%. Watch Out Us Open!

hacberto
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:07 PM
"Queen of Tennis" jajajaja :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah right jajajajaja :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:07 PM
She was not, and will never be the Queen of tennis :confused:

"Most beautful, highest paid and most popular woman tennis player in the world."

:haha: This may be YOUR own opinion but certainly not representative of the majority.

xin_hui
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:08 PM
American favorite

;)

No Name Face
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Maria Semipova, what?

venusfan
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:12 PM
semipova stinks like Elephant Dong. Dammit Serena, you could have prevented this two years ago, DAMM U.

serenafan08
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:12 PM
She's also the most overrated, overhyped player on tour right now. Maria Sharapoverated. :haha:

Carmen Mairena
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Queen without crown! :haha:

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Queen without crown! :haha:

Or Queen of making excuses!!!

vwfan
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM
ok. if that works for you! :lol:

WonderfulLee
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Maria Semipova :lol: :lol:

Lenafan
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Winning Wimbledon at age 17 was unfortunate. It raised expectations unrealistically. It created a legion of the most annoying and delusional fans in any sport in history with possible exception of Cubs fans. She has a really bad personality and poor sportsmanship which the media ignores which causes people who dislike Sharapova to dislike her more. And that combined with the Williams sisters absense makes it so she's the only tennis player the networks cover. We live in a society where for example if one guy has a great playoff series he's suddenly the next Michael Jordan.

She doesn't have a shot the top players fear. Her mind games and Yuri's annoying personality don't faze the top players. I can't remember the last time one of them complained about Yuri's coaching or Sharapova's shrieking. It doesn't bother them because they are immensely more talented than her as her 1-11 record against Mauresmo, Henin and Clijsters would attest and they have the variety that Sharapova's game lacks. After all Mauresmo and Clijsters would hardly be called intense competitors yet they dominate the head to head and someone like Henin will always beat her cause she can beat people even when she's not at her best. Even a well executed game play by Pennetta who incidentaly was getting coached caused a lot trouble to Maria greatly on her best surface. And even if it was a warmup she was soundly beaten by the #83 player in the world on her best surface. Contrast that with Henin who has lost 1 match I believe in clay on her favorite surface and I believe that was a straight set match.

On the plus side, at least Sharapova is trying to work on her net game and in interviews has identified things to improve like her net game on unlike Lena who has better net skills and capability of having a good serve but refuses to work on it. She's very overrated right now, but I believe she will live up to her hype one day. I don't dislike Sharapova that much. In fact she has qualities I wish some of my favorite players are, but she has the most annoying and immature fanbases ever and I guess that's what makes me cheer against her. I mean sure there might be others that have more annoying fan bases, but their favorites have accomplished so much more in their career and rarely receive the attention by the media.

SharapovaFan16
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Overrated NO...she is rated fine... noone expects her to dominate they expect her to be a factor in every Major which she is... she isn't a Myskina or Elena which noone expects to go deep so I mean wuteva... but Queen of Tennis hold your horses bro hold your horses

xin_hui
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I can't remember the last time one of them complained about Yuri's coaching or Sharapova's shrieking.

erm...your own elena(you're a dementieva fan right?) just complained after she lost in the quarters ;)

Ferosh
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry, I had to come in here and laugh again. :haha:

Maryamator
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
queen of shrieking:)

excitement1995
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Queen of bathroom break?

manu32
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
no queen in tennis today.....henin is the best player and i'm not a fan but she is ......

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM

I said it to you in your rep and I'm gonna say it here again, don't be an idiot. This thread has nothing to do with you, so you coming in here to gloat is you being a dumbass. Go start an official gloating thread for all you want, I wouldn't care cuz I wouldn't go in there. So don't come in here to do it when this is an appreciation thread.

bis2806
Overrated NO...she is rated fine... noone expects her to dominate they expect her to be a factor in every Major which she is... she isn't a Myskina or Elena which noone expects to go deep so I mean wuteva... but Queen of Tennis hold your horses bro hold your horses

:haha: What are you talking about?

Lenafan
erm...your own elena(you're a dementieva fan right?) just complained after she lost in the quarters ;)

Lena is not a top player. I think that's apparent. A 12 minute break by Pierce got her completely off her game. I am talking about Mauresmo, Clijsters, Henin you know the 3 that dominate her in head to head. I am talking about the Williams sisters. She was the beneficary of a rain delay against Davenport and played a rusty Serena coming off a knee injury. Other than that, I can't remember the last time Sharapova has upset a top player. The true elite don't get double bageled by Davenport. And let's not forget Maria was the clear favorite by the bookies and the biased media coming into the last 2 Wimbledons so there were high expectations which she didn't live up to again. Lena has upset Mauresmo twice in Grand Slams, beaten Capriati and Davenport in their own country in Grand Slams. I love Lena, but I am not delusional like Sharapova fans and there is nothing in Lena's game that suggest anything but Sharapova dominating Lena in a head to head rivalry. Unfortunate but true.

SJW
Please. Sharapova is great. No need to hate her because of some troll.

Jasmin
No one expects her to dominate...anymore. They did expect it right after the 04 season.

furrykitten
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Please. Sharapova is great. No need to hate her because of some troll.

Its play time for the trolls, leave them alone! :p :lol:

bis2806
I said it to you in your rep and I'm gonna say it here again, don't be an idiot. This thread has nothing to do with you, so you coming in here to gloat is you being a dumbass. Go start an official gloating thread for all you want, I wouldn't care cuz I wouldn't go in there. So don't come in here to do it when this is an appreciation thread.

This is solely by no means an appreciation thread :rolleyes: We all come here with different views and if you don't agree with us, then stfu.

TS
Queen of tennis my ass.

She's very talented, a GS champion, and great for the game - but she's nowhere near snatching that crown. Maybe she is the highest paid and all that other bullshit, but what matters are results, and right now she isn't even close to being the best in the world.

SharapovaFan16
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
well i didn't expect her to dominate

salvy41
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
This thread has nothing to do with anyone on the forum, it's just some Sharpova obsessive trying to neutralise the sting from Maria's loss today.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Lena is not a top player. I think that's apparent. A 12 minute break by Pierce got her completely off her game. I am talking about Mauresmo, Clijsters, Henin you know the 3 that dominate her in head to head. She was the beneficary of a rain delay against Davenport and played a rusty Serena coming off a knee injury. Other than that, I can't remember the last time Sharapova has upset a top player. I am talking about the Williams sisters. I love Lena, but I am not delusional like Sharapova fans and there is nothing in Lena's game that suggest anything but Sharapova dominating Lena in a head to head rivalry. Unfortunate but true.

You're totally right. Sharapova fans are so illogical and ultra-uber-protective of Maria that they will use even the stupidest excuses known to man to justify for their loved one. Now, they are saying that she lost because she "played poorly" and "that is okay." :yawn:

squig2k
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:53 PM
the most annoying tour player

.ivy.
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:53 PM
It's sad that after her loss you feel the need to justify her as the 'queen of tennis'. If she was really the queen of tennis, you wouldn't need to do this and make excuses for her.

The queen of the canon powershot? Maybe. The queen of tennis? Not after this Wimbledon.

Ferosh
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:54 PM

An appreciation thread?? This is what I call a delusional thread, with delusional Sharapova fans desperately trying to find a way to feel better. I can go and post in whatever thread I want, especially if the thread is a complete and utter bullshit lie. If it does make your little sad heart feel better about the loss, then go and create some more Maria ass-kissing threads.

Helen Lawson
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Poor Big Masha! :sad: :sad: :sad:

She will have a lot of other chances, so it's not the end of the world. Amelie played great and deserved to win, Maria didn't lose to someone bad.

xin_hui
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Lena is not a top player. I think that's apparent. A 12 minute break by Pierce got her completely off her game. I am talking about Mauresmo, Clijsters, Henin you know the 3 that dominate her in head to head. I am talking about the Williams sisters. She was the beneficary of a rain delay against Davenport and played a rusty Serena coming off a knee injury. Other than that, I can't remember the last time Sharapova has upset a top player. The true elite don't get double bageled by Davenport. And let's not forget Maria was the clear favorite by the bookies and the biased media coming into the last 2 Wimbledons. Lena has upset Mauresmo twice in Grand Slams, beaten Capriati and Davenport in their own country in Grand Slams. I love Lena, but I am not delusional like Sharapova fans and there is nothing in Lena's game that suggest anything but Sharapova dominating Lena in a head to head rivalry. Unfortunate but true.

you dont have to convince me, i'm NOWHERE near being a sharapova fan :lol: it's just i see elena as a top player. didnt know you yourself(a fan) does not

salvy41
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Its play time for the trolls, leave them alone! :p :lol:
I'm afraid this thread was created by a troll. It only exists to provoke conflict as Sharapova lost today.

No.1Hingis
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:57 PM
She is a good player.. BUT.. there is a BUT... not the queen..

I cant say anymore.. QUEEN???.. she has lost some years into that way.. wheres the Slams.. wheres the No.1 weeks.. wheres the unbelievable history in torneys.. she is a great player.. but just that.. not a legend at time to called her QUEEN.. marketable queen? maybe....

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:57 PM
:rolleyes: At all the fucking haters. Maria has accomplished more at her age than any player still active in singles - except for Martina H and Monica, since she hasn't retired officially.

What makes you think she won't get better just like the others did, including Amelie, Kim, Justine, Venus, etc.?

As it is, she's still in the top five as she has been for almost two years.

Keep going, Masha.:bounce: You'll have it all soon.;)

SharapovaFan16
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Sharapova served well today 70% but only won like 53% of 1st serve points so I mean all the credit to Mauresmo there... Maria served well just didn't win the points... if she wins more points on her 1st serve I mean I think the match goes the other way, that was the real key stat in my opinion

vwfan
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Queen of tennis my ass.

She's very talented, a GS champion, and great for the game - but right now she just isn't even close to being the best in the world. Maybe she is the highest paid and all that other bullshit, but what matters are results, and right now she isn't even close to being the best in the world.she's pretty close to the best in the world. she is ranked #4 and is pretty consistent in making slam SF.

got to be fair. she's got game and she's a fighter. but queen, uhmm. . .no!

Kenny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
.. in your mind.

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
One stupid poster says she's the queen of tennis and look at you all.:rolleyes: :lol:

TS
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:07 PM
she's pretty close to the best in the world. she is ranked #4 and is pretty consistent in making slam SF.

got to be fair. she's got game and she's a fighter. but queen, uhmm. . .no!

Sure she is. Yep, she's no.4 (and well deserved), but I'm not really talking from a rankings perspective. When I watch her play, I don't see somebody that can dominate the tour, and be considered as the sports best player. Not by a long shot. Maybe someday, but not now.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Sharapova served well today 70% but only won like 53% of 1st serve points so I mean all the credit to Mauresmo there... Maria served well just didn't win the points... if she wins more points on her 1st serve I mean I think the match goes the other way, that was the real key stat in my opinion

I just have this to say to you: Maria lost, so stfu and stop sticking up for her with your pathetic excuses.

SJW
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:10 PM
:rolleyes: At all the fucking haters. Maria has accomplished more at her age than any player still active in singles - except for Martina H and Monica, since she hasn't retired officially.

What makes you think she won't get better just like the others did, including Amelie, Kim, Justine, Venus, etc.?

I'd like to play Devil's Advocate and say that Serena was better in titles won at Maria's age...:angel:

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I just have this to say to you: Maria lost, so stfu and stop sticking up for her with your pathetic excuses.

Why should we stfu when Maria loses? When Davenport loses, do you just stop talking? No, you critique, you support, you say better luck next time. We are free to comment on Maria's performance amongst other things and we are right to stick up for her. You need to stop this insane obsession with bringing Maria down.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:16 PM
This thread has nothing to do with anyone on the forum, it's just some Sharpova obsessive trying to neutralise the sting from Maria's loss today.

And there is NOTHING wrong with that. I don' t understand why you people must be so aggressive and mean-spirited. Who cares if this is a way for certain Maria fans to "neutralize" the sting. Would you rather have people feel bad? Are you that much of a pompous ass to not want people to feel good? Who cares if other people says something you don't agree with amongst themselves. It's like, it's not enough for you people that Maria loses. You want everyone who likes Maria to sit at home crying and committing suicide or something.

No.1Hingis
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:17 PM
:rolleyes: Maria has accomplished more at her age than any player still active in singles - except for Martina H and Monica, since she hasn't retired officially.

You said it.. so.. that exception you talk about is playing at time all tour.. is the reason you cant consider her the queen.. firstable..

Theres another details about Justine carrer and etc, etc, etc.. I dont hate her.. just you havent at time basis for made that sentences true TODAY.. future can say you more...

FrenchY52
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:17 PM
LOL :tape:
Stf thx

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Why should we stfu when Maria loses? When Davenport loses, do you just stop talking? No, you critique, you support, you say better luck next time. We are free to comment on Maria's performance amongst other things and we are right to stick up for her. You need to stop this insane obsession with bringing Maria down.

Your critiques are reliant upon labelling posters that don't agree with your views as haters or bashers.

"So don't come in here to do it when this is an appreciation thread." - who determines that this is an appreciation thread? You sharapova fans like to turn things around and blame it on other people. Like I said before, this is a forum and we can post our own opinions however we want. If you don't like them, then ignore us!

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM
This is solely by no means an appreciation thread :rolleyes: We all come here with different views and if you don't agree with us, then stfu.

You are such a hypocrite. If I don't agree with you then STFU? Doesn't that go against the whole point of all coming in here with different views? Or do you just mean that only the people who share your views should be free to speak? To me, you justify euthanasia. Seriously, one conversation with you and it's enough to convince me that people are retarded as you should be put to death. Of course that would still be only like 2% of the population.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Your critiques are reliant upon labelling posters that don't agree with your views as haters or bashers.

"So don't come in here to do it when this is an appreciation thread." - who determines that this is an appreciation thread? You sharapova fans like to turn things around and blame it on other people. Like I said before, this is a forum and we can post our own opinions however we want. If you don't like them, then ignore us!

That is just not true. When have I unjustifiably called anyone a hater or a basher? I wasn't even adding anything to this thread until I saw someone who simply came in here again to gloat. That's not a view, nor is that an opinion. I just said that that person was pathetic for coming into what appears to be a Sharapova fans thread to gloat. That to me is inappropriate. Everyone is entitled to their views, I have never said that that is not true. Had the poster come in here and made a valid argument against the thread starter's position, then that's fine. But coming in here simply to gloat is not fine. Do you see the difference?

salvy41
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:21 PM
And there is NOTHING wrong with that. I don' t understand why you people must be so aggressive and mean-spirited. Who cares if this is a way for certain Maria fans to "neutralize" the sting. Would you rather have people feel bad? Are you that much of a pompous ass to not want people to feel good? Who cares if other people says something you don't agree with amongst themselves. It's like, it's not enough for you people that Maria loses. You want everyone who likes Maria to sit at home crying and committing suicide or something.
Yes I want people to sit at home and commit suicide, spot on! (sarcasm by the way). I don't understand why some fan needs to create a thread shouting out how Sharapova is the 'Queen of Tennis', how does this make them feel better? Do they really need to provoke conflict in a forum? Can't they just think that to themselves without typing out a thread in a forum? Surely the original poster knew that this thread would mainly be met with a negative response, as it is a statement which many would disagree with. I don't understand how someone would feel so bad anyway, it's just bloody tennis. Players lose and win, that is the way of the game. I don't recall seeing any threads which promoted Clijsters when she lost, or any other player for that matter. Why Sharapova?

lizchris
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Although she came up short today American favorite Maria is still the Queen of Tennis.
Long Live the Queen.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/7e/full.getty-71366990dm176_wimbledon_cha_12_28_02_pm.jpg

Didn't you post this nonsense on the ESPN Tennis board while this board was down?

salvy41
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM
That is just not true. When have I unjustifiably called anyone a hater or a basher? I wasn't even adding anything to this thread until I saw someone who simply came in here again to gloat. That's not a view, nor is that an opinion. I just said that that person was pathetic for coming into what appears to be a Sharapova fans thread to gloat. That to me is inappropriate. Everyone is entitled to their views, I have never said that that is not true. Had the poster come in here and made a valid argument against the thread starter's position, then that's fine. But coming in here simply to gloat is not fine. Do you see the difference?
Then make it in the bloody Sharapova forum...

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:25 PM
You are such a hypocrite. If I don't agree with you then STFU? Doesn't that go against the whole point of all coming in here with different views? Or do you just mean that only the people who share your views should be free to speak? To me, you justify euthanasia. Seriously, one conversation with you and it's enough to convince me that people are retarded as you should be put to death. Of course that would still be only like 2% of the population.

It's STFU about your PATHETIC excuses. You can come in here with different views but they must be logical in the first place and not sound so retarded up to the point where you all sound like people that have formed a Maria cult.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:25 PM

It's STFU about your PATHETIC excuses. You can come in here with different views but they must be logical in the first place and not sound so retarded up to the point where you all sound like people that have formed a Maria cult.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Yes I want people to sit at home and commit suicide, spot on! (sarcasm by the way). I don't understand why some fan needs to create a thread shouting out how Sharapova is the 'Queen of Tennis', how does this make them feel better? Do they really need to provoke conflict in a forum? Can't they just think that to themselves without typing out a thread in a forum? Surely the original poster knew that this thread would mainly be met with a negative response, as it is a statement which many would disagree with. I don't understand how someone would feel so bad anyway, it's just bloody tennis. Players lose and win, that is the way of the game. I don't recall seeing any threads which promoted Clijsters when she lost, or any other player for that matter. Why Sharapova?

Well in the same way I can ask you why you need to respond and thus cause the actual conflict. The thread starter may have provoked it, but it's up to you to actually set it, and that you (not you individually, but the people who responded negatively) did. I mean, it's one thread. Already in the title it is clear that it is a thread to support Sharapova. But again, let me make myself clear. I am in no way saying that you don't have the right to come in here and argue against the thread starter. My main point is that people should not come here solely to gloat and to make Sharapova fans feel bad, which is exactly what the poster I had originally quoted did. I had no problem with any of the other posts up to that.

johnoo
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Winning Wimbledon at age 17 was unfortunate.

don't be stupid winning wimbledon is never unfortunate,Mauresmo is 27 and just got to her first wimbledon final,who knows what might happen to a player injury/form wise,you take a grandslam whenever you get the chance.

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:31 PM
You said it.. so.. that exception you talk about is playing at time all tour.. is the reason you cant consider her the queen.. firstable..

Theres another details about Justine carrer and etc, etc, etc.. I dont hate her.. just you havent at time basis for made that sentences true TODAY.. future can say you more...

What are you talking about?:rolleyes: I'm not saying Maria is the "queen" whatever that means.

Because ONE stupid troll posts that you have to act like ALL Maria's fans think that way?

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Nah, sorry. But since you thankfully see the logic that everyone is entitled to their views, you should not complain about someone "gloat(ing)" in this thread. Gloating is a means of expressing one's views or emotions and is therefore entitled to the person. Stop trying to sound smart.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Then make it in the bloody Sharapova forum...

If after the match, people can post fan threads for Mauresmo, why can't people post fan threads for Maria? Just because Mauresmo won her fans are allowed to gloat while Maria fans have to run away to a hideout cave? I don't think so. There are plenty of fan appreciation threads in the past for players out in the general forum, whether they are for Venus, Serena, or Clijsters.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Nah, sorry. But since you thankfully see the logic that everyone is entitled to their views, you should not complain about someone "gloat(ing)" in this thread. Gloating is a means of expressing one's views or emotions and is therefore entitled to the person. Stop trying to sound smart.

Well you yourself said that the views/arguments should be logical. Gloating is not a logical response to the thread starter's argument. Thus, by your standard, that person should STFU. Right?

johnoo
Winning Wimbledon at age 17 was unfortunate.

don't be stupid winning wimbledon is never unfortunate,Mauresmo at 27 has just reached her first wimbledon final,you never know what will happen to a player injury/form wise,you take a GS whenever you can because its a select few who wins them.

-VSR-
You keep telling yourself that. :hug:

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Well in the same way I can ask you why you need to respond and thus cause the actual conflict. The thread starter may have provoked it, but it's up to you to actually set it, and that you (not you individually, but the people who responded negatively) did. I mean, it's one thread. Already in the title it is clear that it is a thread to support Sharapova. But again, let me make myself clear. I am in no way saying that you don't have the right to come in here and argue against the thread starter. My main point is that people should not come here solely to gloat and to make Sharapova fans feel bad, which is exactly what the poster I had originally quoted did. I had no problem with any of the other posts up to that.

If the poster already knew the nature of GM on this board, he shouldn't have posted a thread like this here. He knows that many people will make a lot of negative responses (me included) which denotes disagreement by the way. I'm sorry your heart has sunk for her loss at Wimbledon.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Well you yourself said that the views/arguments should be logical. Gloating is not a logical response to the thread starter's argument. Thus, by your standard, that person should STFU. Right?

I don't think you can distinguish between gloating and disagreeing. Go back to the jungles of Siberia with other fellow baboons.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:45 PM
If the poster already knew the nature of GM on this board, he shouldn't have posted a thread like this here. He knows that many people will make a lot of negative responses (me included) which denotes disagreement by the way. I'm sorry your heart has sunk for her loss at Wimbledon.

I am not here to defend the original poster's decision to post this thread. I have not once responded to his original claim. I have neither agreed or disagreed with it. I was simply appalled at the gloating that went on, which I do not believe is a logical way to express one's opinion. Gloating should never be justified. You may be happy for your favorite, cheer for your favorite, and post hip hip horray smileys in scoring threads or fan threads for your fave. But to go into a Sharapova appreciation thread, whether it is in retaliation or just pure spite and gloat that way is wrong. I have nothing against any of the posters who have rebutted the original author through expressing their own arguments and adding to a good discussion. But a gloating expression has no merit for such a thread and that is why we have gotten into this long drawn out argument.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I don't think you can distinguish between gloating and disagreeing. Go back to the jungles of Siberia with other fellow baboons.

I implore you go back to the poster whom I originally quoted and then tell me that that quote is "disagreeing" and not "gloating."

Couver
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Are you even a Maria fan? (Thread starter) This seems like a feeding ground for Maria haters, truly sad that posters still use these lame tactics.

I'll just say this. She's 19 years old there is no telling what she can do. She could fizzle out or she could dominate. If she dominates I think her fans are going to have a lot of fun taking revenge out on people who have fallen for this bait.

MinnyGophers
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I like MAria, but after seeing the original post, I wonder why people are still surprised she has so many "haters"....

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:50 PM

Perfect example of:
a) The obvious of calling posters that do not agree as haters; otherwise, this guy would not erupt.
b) A delusional sharapova fan who take comfort in the future which has not even taken place.

R. Federer
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Long Live the Queen.

Highest paid she is
Most beautiful? :lol:
Most popular? :lol:

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:51 PM
i am a HUGE fan, but i never considered her the queen of tennis. i'd say among actives, serena, justine, and venus can hold that title.

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I'd like to play Devil's Advocate and say that Serena was better in titles won at Maria's age...:angel:

Doesn't mean she accomplished more. (number one ranking, YEC, etc.)

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Perfect example of:
a) The obvious of calling posters that do not agree as haters; otherwise, this guy would not erupt.
b) A delusional sharapova fan who take comfort in the future which has not even taken place.

a) I agree, not everyone who disagrees is a hater.
b) I do not believe that taking comfort in the future is delusional. It's what people do. You live for the future, not for the past. Optimistic? yes. Delusional? No. Why is it that it bothers you when a poster like him "looks to the future?" Is it not good to look forward to something and hope and believe that someday your favorite can win again? I know Martina hasn't won a slam in a long time, but I still hope, and I still believe that she has it in her for ONE more slam. Same with fans of Davenport. You still hope that she can come back and believe that she can win. Why are Sharapova fans delusional for doing this and others just optimistic?

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I implore you go back to the poster whom I originally quoted and then tell me that that quote is "disagreeing" and not "gloating."

I can't speak for every fan, but there's nothing wrong with a poster laughing - whatever the reason for. This poster doesn't "gloat", he's just laughing at something funny for god's sake. I'm sad that, just like Maria, you all have to appear so serious. Vamos!

Marshmallow
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM
:lol :lol: tell you’re self whatever you want to ease the pain. Did you see the match – for the most part, she couldn’t handle Amelie’s variety. She was outplayed, made to look like fish out of water. If Amelie hadn’t had her lapse… well let’s not even talk about that. She got BEAT.

The point being, well, where is the justice or even logic for that matter, in the fact that this girl, who isn’t the best player on the tour – BY MILLIONS OF MILES is considered the queen of Tennis. She has been double bagelled, and not seen a slam final since her one run. Why is she being lavished all this… this just highlights the flaws in media, and quite possibly society. Disgusting.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM
a) I agree, not everyone who disagrees is a hater.
b) I do not believe that taking comfort in the future is delusional. It's what people do. You live for the future, not for the past. Optimistic? yes. Delusional? No. Why is it that it bothers you when a poster like him "looks to the future?" Is it not good to look forward to something and hope and believe that someday your favorite can win again? I know Martina hasn't won a slam in a long time, but I still hope, and I still believe that she has it in her for ONE more slam. Same with fans of Davenport. You still hope that she can come back and believe that she can win. Why are Sharapova fans delusional for doing this and others just optimistic?

No, he's taking comfort and at the same time kissing Maria's ass by looking to the future, whilst being in denial of her loss and inferiority to other players.

No.1Hingis
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:58 PM
What are you talking about?:rolleyes: I'm not saying Maria is the "queen" whatever that means.

Because ONE stupid troll posts that you have to act like ALL Maria's fans think that way?

You know.. you are unbelievable..

As you want... if you are answering a thread about Queen thing.. aww.. so forget it.. I cant understand you guys.. really.. but.. if you wanna believe she is the best of.. etc etc etc.. great.. Im not going to comment more about it.. I dont hate her.. just made my comment that "people" who think she is the "queen" cause the reason you gave.. well Im not agree.. is based in anything.. as I said before..

PEACE!! I know some Maria fans are more reserved in comments and realistics.. Is good they believe as everybody does with their faves.. but.. I guess called her QUEEN already.. let her time to gain that right with FACTS

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Perfect example of:

As opposed to the future which HAS taken place?:smash:

I didn't say everyone who disagrees is a hater. I said look at all the haters - and you know who you are.:rolleyes:

Yes, I believe Maria will only get better. Don't blame Maria fans for having faith in their teen-age fave with a future because you can't think that way about your own fave.:lol:

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:00 PM

I can't speak for every fan, but there's nothing wrong with a poster laughing - whatever the reason for. This poster doesn't "gloat", he's just laughing at something funny for god's sake. I'm sad that, just like Maria, you all have to appear so serious. Vamos!

If you truly believe that that poster is just laughing at something funny, then you are simply twisting that post so that it fits your argument. I don't buy it. But fine, we're just gonna have to disagree about whether this post is a gloat or not.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:01 PM
No, he's taking comfort and at the same time kissing Maria's ass by looking to the future, whilst being in denial of her loss and inferiority to other players.

Jacob, do you deny that she lost today? Do you deny that there are players better than her?

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:02 PM
As opposed to the future which HAS taken place?:smash:

I didn't say everyone who disagrees is a hater. I said look at all the haters - and you know who you are.:rolleyes:

Yes, I believe Maria will only get better. Don't blame Maria fans for having faith in their teen-age fave with a future because you can't think that way about your own fave.:lol:

Sorry, but I think I needed to highlight that in order for you to comprehend the logic. Some people like you just cannot think.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Jacob, do you deny that she lost today? Do you deny that there are players better than her?

Hey, I don't think this make-believe play is going to work on us :lol: Stop convincing yourself by asking questions to fellow baboonic fans which will all be answered blindly anyway, thus failing logic.

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM

Nothing I have posted in any way infers that I deny that Maria lost or that there are players better than her. Bis and others just wish fans of Maria would be crying of disappointment instead of believing in her and her future.

Sure I'm disappointed she didn't win but as I said in another thread, at least Maria won a set off of Amelie finally;) and congrats to Amelie with great play from both!:yeah:

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hey, I don't think this make-believe play is going to work on us :lol: Stop convincing yourself by asking questions to fellow baboonic fans which will all be answered blindly anyway, thus failing logic.

You already have a preconceived notion of what this person thinks before he is even able to speak for himself. It is not Maria fans who are blind, it is you. You keep referring back to logic, but it is you whose logic is nowhere to be found. No matter what any Maria fan says, if it is in support of Maria, you are going to claim that it is biased, ignorant, and blind. If a Maria fan posts a picture of Maria and says, "she looks good," you will say, that Maria fan is blind. But if someone criticizes her, you will say, this person knows what he's talking about or you will defend that person, even going as far as to twisting the meaning of that person's statement. I'm sorry, but you need to stop the charades. We can all see through your act. You are every bit as guilty of the blindness that you criticize in others. You are not some righteous being because you criticize Maria and her fans, no matter how hard you try to make yourself out to be one.

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Do you know how stupid you sound? And now you are calling Maria and her fans "baboons".:rolleyes:

ezekiel
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:11 PM
if she is the queen then roddick is the king :lol:

manu32
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:13 PM
wta 's tour needs sharapova or others russians pretty players because the poor quality of play of this tournament is unbelievable......and i don't thinj that a mauuuuuuresmmmooooo hennnnnnninnnnnnn could be a good therapy.....

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:17 PM
You already have a preconceived notion of what this person thinks before he is even able to speak for himself. It is not Maria fans who are blind, it is you. You keep referring back to logic, but it is you whose logic is nowhere to be found. No matter what any Maria fan says, if it is in support of Maria, you are going to claim that it is biased, ignorant, and blind. If a Maria fan posts a picture of Maria and says, "she looks good," you will say, that Maria fan is blind. But if someone criticizes her, you will say, this person knows what he's talking about or you will defend that person, even going as far as to twisting the meaning of that person's statement. I'm sorry, but you need to stop the charades. We can all see through your act. You are every bit as guilty of the blindness that you criticize in others. You are not some righteous being because you criticize Maria and her fans, no matter how hard you try to make yourself out to be one.

Maybe you have a preconceived notion that every post you consider as "gloating" is always against Maria. Sort yourself first, mister. Please be less sensitive. We are in a forum and not on a court.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Do you know how stupid you sound? And now you are calling Maria and her fans "baboons".:rolleyes:

Look yourself into the mirror first and tell me who is stupid.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Maybe you have a preconceived notion that every post you consider as "gloating" is always against Maria. Sort yourself first, mister. Please be less sensitive. We are in a forum and not on a court.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of this thread?

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=247844

Is that gloating? Is the poster wrong for posting it? Or is the poster Jesus for posting a thread that is anti-Sharapova and her fans?

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:20 PM
You know.. you are unbelievable..

As you want... if you are answering a thread about Queen thing.. aww.. so forget it.. I cant understand you guys.. really.. but.. if you wanna believe she is the best of.. etc etc etc.. great.. Im not going to comment more about it.. I dont hate her.. just made my comment that "people" who think she is the "queen" cause the reason you gave.. well Im not agree.. is based in anything.. as I said before..

PEACE!! I know some Maria fans are more reserved in comments and realistics.. Is good they believe as everybody does with their faves.. but.. I guess called her QUEEN already.. let her time to gain that right with FACTS

Again, I don't really understand what you are talking about.:confused: I didn't call Maria the queen of tennis, I never have called her the queen of tennis and I am not presently saying that she is the queen of tennis.:rolleyes: I merely think she is an excellent player who will add to her considerable accomplishments as her career progresses.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:20 PM

Every post? That is not true. Now you are exaggerating. You exaggerate, you twist meanings, you call everyone who likes Maria blind, etc etc etc. Just keep going Bis. You are supporting everything I've come to accept about you.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:22 PM
From all you Sharapova fans (does not say all sharapova fans ;) ) who gave us bad reps (truth) and were talking bs (truth) and offending (truth) us, when we said that Sharapova doesn’t have a game to beat Amelie (opinion), that she will not win Wimbledon, etc. (opinion)

You were blind (very well-known fact indeed), and we were right. (truth)

It’s about time you apology and stop doing that (yes, some of them have gone too far). You can love her and cheer for her (that's right), but you can’t attack people who say the truth – she is not that good. (yep, her opinion)

It doesn't sound like gloating to me.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Every post? That is not true. Now you are exaggerating. You exaggerate, you twist meanings, you call everyone who likes Maria blind, etc etc etc. Just keep going Bis. You are supporting everything I've come to accept about you.

'Every post you consider "gloating" ' is what I said. Don't twist my words :)

manu32
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:26 PM

is unbelievable.....please change your avatar i don't know if you have one or two children......it's not a beautiful baby pic's but if it's your's i agree.....but my babies are better.....

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
From all you Sharapova fans (does not say all sharapova fans ;) ) who gave us bad reps (truth) and were talking bs (truth) and offending (truth) us, when we said that Sharapova doesn’t have a game to beat Amelie (opinion), that she will not win Wimbledon, etc. (opinion)

You were blind (very well-known fact indeed), and we were right. (truth)

It’s about time you apology and stop doing that (yes, some of them have gone too far). You can love her and cheer for her (that's right), but you can’t attack people who say the truth – she is not that good. (yep, her opinion)

It doesn't sound like gloating to me.

That's all I need to know, :).

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:29 PM
is unbelievable.....please change your avatar i don't know if you have one or two children......it's not a beautiful baby pic's but if it's your's i agree.....but my babies are better.....

Go away and make French babies.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:29 PM
'Every post you consider "gloating" ' is what I said. Don't twist my words :)

But that is not true, because I have considered many other posts gloating and no they are not always against Maria. So thus, you did exaggerate.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:30 PM
That's all I need to know, :).

Good that you don't take everything to be "gloating" - however you define that word. I personally think you are just too sensitive.

Bijoux0021
A queen of tennis who can't make it to a Slam final even though in the last 8 Slams she has been given FREE PASSES to the semis. I don't think so.

She's definitely the Queen of easy draws. Expect her to get another easy draw at this year's U.S. Open, again. "Randomly" of course.

franny
Go away and make French babies.

That's Davenport in your avatar right? Or is it not? I've always just assumed it is.

Volcana
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Most beautful, highest paid and most popular woman tennis player in the world.That would be 'Queen of Women's Tennis Advertising'. In that, she is a more than worthy successor to Anna Kournikova as 'Queen of Women's Tennis Advertising'. Something Steffi Graf, Martina Navratilova and Margaret Court, to name three, never were. They however, were actually 'Queen of Women's Tennis'.

PatrickRyan
Queen of tennis???????????????? i guess everyone has there own opinion

bis2806
But that is not true, because I have considered many other posts gloating and no they are not always against Maria. So thus, you did exaggerate.

Trying to save yourself again? :lol: Or trying to divert from the Maria topic now that you've lost your words.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM
That's Davenport in your avatar right? Or is it not? I've always just assumed it is.

Yes, it's her. And what is your point? :retard:

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM
A queen of tennis who can't make it to a Slam final even though in the last 8 Slams she has been given FREE PASSES to the semis. I don't think so.

She's definitely the Queen of easy draws. Expect her to get another easy draw at this year's U.S. Open, again. "Randomly" of course.

Easy draws? Easier than Justine, Kim, and Mauresmo? I don't think so. Justine didn't even play a top 16 seed till the semis. Kim had Li Na and who else? Amelie had Myskina and Ivanovic? Maria had Dementieva and Pennetta. I'd say Amelie and Maria's were pretty even. I guess it's all arguable however.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Trying to save yourself again? :lol: Or trying to divert from the Maria topic now that you've lost your words.

No, I am proving that you exaggerrate. You exaggerate and you twist people's words. That is what you use for your arguments. It is you whose logic is off, otherwise, you would not need to twist people's words and exaggerate. Right?

How am I trying to divert from the Maria topic. I stand by my original argument that the poster I quoted was gloating. You don't believe he was, but I do. There is nothing else to it. I also believe that the thread I linked is also a gloat thread. Gloating is when you rub with malice a victory in the losers' face. I believe that has been done by both the post I quoted and the thread I linked. I believe that is wrong, and I have defended it. All you have done is claim you are in the right by labelling all Maria fans as blind.

Bijoux0021
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM
semipova stinks like Elephant Dong. Dammit Serena, you could have prevented this two years ago, DAMM U.
Yes she could have prevented all this overhyped, all this shoving down our throats.

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Someone can post truths and opinions by the way and still be gloating. If I told you before a match that I was gonna beat you. Then I proceed to beat you and then say, "hahaha, I beat you! You suck because you can't beat me. I am so much better than you. I said I'd beat you and I did. You are a loser, always will be." Is that not gloating? Let's examine that.

I beat you - truth

You suck - opinion.

You can't beat me - opinion.

I said I beat you - truth

I did - truth

I am so much better - opinion

You are a loser - opinion

always will be - opinion.

I consider that a gloat btw. By your standards, apparently it is not. Thus, good to know.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:40 PM
No, I am proving that you exaggerrate. You exaggerate and you twist people's words. That is what you use for your arguments. It is you whose logic is off, otherwise, you would not need to twist people's words and exaggerate. Right?

How am I trying to divert from the Maria topic. I stand by my original argument that the poster I quoted was gloating. You don't believe he was, but I do. There is nothing else to it. I also believe that the thread I linked is also a gloat thread. Gloating is when you rub with malice a victory in the losers' face. I believe that has been done by both the post I quoted and the thread I linked. I believe that is wrong, and I have defended it. All you have done is claim you are in the right by labelling all Maria fans as blind.

Just wondering, who let you out of the cages of Siberia? (Sarcasm, btw) Well obviously I was referring to every post related to Maria which you consider as "gloating." :rolleyes: Gloating is when you achieve self-satisfaction, my dear. It does not purely mean "rubbing with malice a victory in the loser's face." A more general meaning has to be taken in order to understand the context from all sides and not from your biased point of view.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Someone can post truths and opinions by the way and still be gloating. If I told you before a match that I was gonna beat you. Then I proceed to beat you and then say, "hahaha, I beat you! You suck because you can't beat me. I am so much better than you. I said I'd beat you and I did. You are a loser, always will be." Is that not gloating? Let's examine that.

I beat you - truth

You suck - opinion.

You can't beat me - opinion.

I said I beat you - truth

I did - truth

I am so much better - opinion

You are a loser - opinion

always will be - opinion.

I consider that a gloat btw. By your standards, apparently it is not. Thus, good to know.

I think this is a rant. But dasha_yu was posting her opinions/truths which aren't gloating by the way; she's just proving all the Maria fetishans wrong. :)

Bijoux0021
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Queen of bathroom break?
No question about that: Pottypova; it's Pottypova time.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:49 PM
No question about that: Pottypova; it's Pottypova time. :lol: I'm so surprised she didn't have a potty break before the 3rd set!

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM
:haha: look through this thread Bis and genuinly tell me your not obsessed with Maria Sharapova lmao! Its frightening!

new-york
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Long Live the Queen.

I think she would have given the trone for a second W.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
:haha: look through this thread Bis and genuinly tell me your not obsessed with Maria Sharapova lmao! Its frightening! Oh it's the stinky old russian again :lol: Go back and make Russian Children.

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:54 PM
lol You are terrible man! Seriously look through this thread! Id be in complete embarrasment. its unbelievable how many times you have posted its the first time the term LOL actually genuinly means it!

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Oh it's the stinky old russian again :lol: Go back and make Russian Children.

:retard:

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:57 PM
lol You are terrible man! Seriously look through this thread! Id be in complete embarrasment. its unbelievable how many times you have posted its the first time the term LOL actually genuinly means it!
Are you speaking Russian?

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Just wondering, who let you out of the cages of Siberia? (Sarcasm, btw) Well obviously I was referring to every post related to Maria which you consider as "gloating." :rolleyes: Gloating is when you achieve self-satisfaction, my dear. It does not purely mean "rubbing with malice a victory in the loser's face." A more general meaning has to be taken in order to understand the context from all sides and not from your biased point of view.

Your logic and arguments are so contrived its not even funny.

First of all, you say "obviously I was referring to every post related to Maria which you consider gloating."

If you can say "obviously I was...," I can also say that obviously, the person is meaning to gain self-satisfaction out of it. I mean, why else would he go, "I just HAD TO COME IN here." If you honestly believe that I am simply being biased by believing that these people are gaining self-satisfaction out of their posts, then you are truly blind. If they do not gain self-satisfaction out of it, why do they post it? It certainly is not because they are some philanthropist who would be benefitting the world by posting it. Thus, when you take the self-satisfaction definition into the context, those posts are still gloats.

Btw, in the other post, you said, "Maybe you have a preconceived notion that every post you consider as "gloating" is always against Maria."

Now, you say, "obviously I was referring to every post related to Maria which you consider as "gloating." WTF is that supposed to do? The point: you said that I consider every post that is gloating is against Maria. I show you that no, I do not consider every gloat post as one against Maria. I see that there are gloat posts against other players. Now you come back with, obviously I was referring to every post related to Maria which you consider as "gloating." Okay, you are making no sense.

You are not one who should be throwing around intellgience insults. Because by reading through your posts in this thread, you are possibly one of the dumbest and most ignorant posters in here. You are ignorant in your own ignorance for goodness sake. This argument with you is meaningless because you don't understand logic. You refuse to see truth. Your arguments are fake and contrived. You hide because your own falsities and ill-logics by claiming that anything anyone says that rebutes your statements is blind. I have lost all hope for you. I think its hilarious that you call others baboons or that you say others need to run back to Siberia. Because where you are from, I am not even so sure that there is such a thing as education. You cannot insult me with any of your words any more than you have already insulted me with yor pure presence on these boards. The only lack of logic that I have experienced up till now is not putting you in ignore mode earlier. But I will right that wrong by doing that now.

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Are you speaking Russian?

Are you actually being serious, are you dumb?

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:59 PM
:lol: I'm so surprised she didn't have a potty break before the 3rd set!

She doesn't take any more breaks than anyone else, and fewer than many. In fact, Amelie took the only "potty break" in this match. But don't let reality stop you from bashing Maria.:lol:

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:02 PM

:baby: What a comeback totally worthy of its poster!

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Your logic and arguments are so contrived its not even funny.

First of all, you say "obviously I was referring to every post related to Maria which you consider gloating."

If you can say "obviously I was...," I can also say that obviously, the person is meaning to gain self-satisfaction out of it. I mean, why else would he go, "I just HAD TO COME IN here." If you honestly believe that I am simply being biased by believing that these people are gaining self-satisfaction out of their posts, then you are truly blind. If they do not gain self-satisfaction out of it, why do they post it? It certainly is not because they are some philanthropist who would be benefitting the world by posting it. Thus, when you take the self-satisfaction definition into the context, those posts are still gloats.

Btw, in the other post, you said, "Maybe you have a preconceived notion that every post you consider as "gloating" is always against Maria."

Now, you say, "obviously I was referring to every post related to Maria which you consider as "gloating." WTF is that supposed to do? The point: you said that I consider every post that is gloating is against Maria. I show you that no, I do not consider every gloat post as one against Maria. I see that there are gloat posts against other players. Now you come back with, obviously I was referring to every post related to Maria which you consider as "gloating." Okay, you are making no sense.

You are not one who should be throwing around intellgience insults. Because by reading through your posts in this thread, you are possibly one of the dumbest and most ignorant posters in here. You are ignorant in your own ignorance for goodness sake. This argument with you is meaningless because you don't understand logic. You refuse to see truth. Your arguments are fake and contrived. You hide because your own falsities and ill-logics by claiming that anything anyone says that rebutes your statements is blind. I have lost all hope for you. I think its hilarious that you call others baboons or that you say others need to run back to Siberia. Because where you are from, I am not even so sure that there is such a thing as education. You cannot insult me with any of your words any more than you have already insulted me with yor pure presence on these boards. The only lack of logic that I have experienced up till now is not putting you in ignore mode earlier. But I will right that wrong by doing that now.

Quite possible the stupidest and most hilarious statement of the day. How is it that I refuse to see truth when I speak the truth of Maria being beaten fair and square by Momo - and the fact that many of you are mentally blind and think illogically of excuses to defend Maria :tape:? I think many posters can attest to this.

I don't need someone hopeless like you to put hope in me. That makes things worse. What do you know about me? I don't think you know a single jack shit about me other than putting the label of a Sharapova hater on me, as well as the other fans. Good riddance!

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:04 PM
She doesn't take any more breaks than anyone else, and fewer than many. In fact, Amelie took the only "potty break" in this match. But don't let reality stop you from bashing Maria.:lol:

--> biggest lie. How many bathroom breaks did she take in that match at NASDAQ or Indian Wells? THREE!

Mother_Marjorie
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Oh it's the stinky old russian again :lol: Go back and make Russian Children.

What's wrong?

Didn't Mommy and Daddy say "I Love You" enough?

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Are you actually being serious, are you dumb?

Sorry, but in the absence of correct grammar and punctuation, I cannot comprehend what you're saying.

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Bis not only are you dumb but fucking hell you are clearly obsessed! you have posted 33 times in this thread lmao!! :haha: :haha:

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:06 PM

lol:worship: :lol:

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Sorry, but in the absence of correct grammar and punctuation, I cannot comprehend what you're saying.

I believe it, what with your total lack of comprehension skills.:rolleyes:

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM
if she is the queen then roddick is the king :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Bis not only are you dumb but fucking hell you are clearly obsessed! you have posted 33 times in this thread lmao!! :haha: :haha:

Are you obsessed with me as to count the no. of posts I have made on this thread? That is sad.

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Are you obsessed with me as to count the no. of posts I have made on this thread? That is sad.

I think the fact that 34 posts from one poster in a 4 page thread is even sadder! :haha:

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Why is that sad for you? I think that's a big contribution to the false statement of this thread.

Bijoux0021
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:14 PM
:lol: I'm so surprised she didn't have a potty break before the 3rd set!
Well, she's been trying to cut back on her Potty Time ever since the crowd booed her at Nasdaq Open this year.

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Why is that sad for you? I think that's a big contribution to the false statement of this thread.

35 :zzz:

jacobruiz
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
--> biggest lie. How many bathroom breaks did she take in that match at NASDAQ or Indian Wells? THREE!

You don't even know what tournament you are talking about!:rolleyes: Provide a link to wherever Maria took three bathroom breaks.

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Well, she's been trying to cut back on her Potty Time ever since the crowd booed her at Nasdaq Open this year.

And she can't use the boos of the crowd as an "entertainment" excuse again, which was really lame :o

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:19 PM
And she can't use the boos of the crowd as an "entertainment" excuse again, which was really lame :o

His going for it!

vogus
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:19 PM
great, another 100-post insult war between BIS and Team Masha. Really interesting stuff and a good use of your time.

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:20 PM
great, another 100-post insult war between BIS and Team Masha. Really interesting stuff and a good use of your time.

I aint argueing, im just taking the piss the amount of posts is incredible for someone that says he doesnt like Maria!! :lol:

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Oh shut your trap, TeamMasha. Don't be a baby.

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Oh shut your trap, TeamMasha. Don't be a baby.

Fucking hell his still going! :lol:

Carmen Mairena
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Maria Kourn... oops... Sharapova is lucky she won Wimbledon. If Serena was ON that day she wouldn't have won at all. There won't be anymore GS for Maria. She's overrated, overhyped and overpayed. She reminds me of another Russ... *cough* player that never won a singles title... :tape:

backhanddtl4
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah that's why everyone cheers against her when she's playing in the US

Dasha_
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:43 PM
For us to talk about Sharapova "still being the Queen of Tennis", she must become one first!

We should be answering the question - Could Sharapova become the Queen of Tennis, and when?

Or, nowdays is enough to reach semies to be the Queen of Tennis?

Then, how should we call girls who won those Slams? The Goddess, maybe?

Dasha_
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Maria Kourn... oops... Sharapova is lucky she won Wimbledon. If Serena was ON that day she wouldn't have won at all. There won't be anymore GS for Maria. She's overrated, overhyped and overpayed.

:worship:

She reminds me of another Russ... *cough* player that never won a singles title... :tape:

No. That one looks good.

Carmen Mairena
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:56 PM
:worship:

No. That one looks good.

Good rep going! Check your vCash too! ;)

bis2806
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:58 PM
For us to talk about Sharapova "still being the Queen of Tennis", she must become one first!

We should be answering the question - Could Sharapova become the Queen of Tennis, and when?

Or, nowdays is enough to reach semies to be the Queen of Tennis?

Then, how should we call girls who won those Slams? The Goddess, maybe?

Very interesting questions for Sharapova fetishans to ponder :D

TeaMMashA
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Sorry Anna Kournikova... The Attractive One!! :tape:

Lulu.
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:25 PM
:haha:

Dasha_
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Good rep going! Check your vCash too! ;)

:lick: :kiss: :hearts:

You are such an :angel:

Dan23
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:08 AM
wth is with this thread? :o
people going crazy over a clearly deliberately provocative first post...

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:16 AM
This loss might just be the turning point to make Maria shift her gear further. If in 2 years time Maria is winning everything I wonder what everyone will be saying. Because I don't think Henin can keep her winning streak up over the next 2 years, Kim will be gone, Amelie nealry 30, Lindsay gone, and I don't see anyone else who is in Maria's position to come close to dominating. She just needs to develop her game more.

Tennisation
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:21 AM
I only have one bullet left in my gun, debating whether to shoot Yuri or the idiot who made this thread :armed:

darrinbaker00
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:24 AM
I only have one bullet left in my gun, debating whether to shoot Yuri or the idiot who made this thread :armed:
I'll give you $1 million if you promise to use it on yourself. ;)

Tennisation
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:28 AM
I'll give you $1 million if you promise to use it on yourself. ;)how bout u pay me to shoot ur favorite player, at least when she's dead, u won't have to be fed up with her constant losses :lol:

sunset
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:18 AM
I’m really surprised so many of you took this thread so personally.
So much drama over a simple metaphor.
Yes, I’m a Maria fan but when I referred to her as “The Queen” I simply meant it as a way to pay tribute to her success.
She didn’t have to go out on any kind of self promotional campaign brushing shoulder with famous actresses in hopes of catching a few stand-in parts in the wake of their success.
Or make appearances at celebrity parties in hopes of being seen as an up and coming new talent.
It all came to her on a silver platter with no effort other than what she does on the court.
Like it or not Maria is the most popular, highest paid and arguably one of the most beautiful tennis players in the known world.

Her face is everywhere and her commercials are married to every event.

Her dedication to the sport and self-discipline she shows to the game are extra-ordinary for such a young woman.
If you have a problem with the term ‘Queen” I would invite you to examine how the same term was used over and over again to describe a certain sister act who’s commitment to the game has been dwarfed by comparison.

My God, don’t take it so seriously,
You’ll agitate yourself into a coma.
:lol:

switz
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:49 AM
it is a myth that Sharapova is a popular "tennis player". She is a hugely in demand commodity because of her image but she is rarely the one the crowd routes for in matches.

~lollipop_girl~
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:21 PM
:haha: At this WHOLE thread!!!

Prizeidiot
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:22 PM
:confused:

~lollipop_girl~
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:35 PM
:confused:
Back away slowly Rudy... NOW!!!

Sam L
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:37 PM
She's still the Tsarina of all the Russias. :D

sunset
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I'll give you $1 million if you promise to use it on yourself. ;)

:lol: Good one!

mykarma
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I’m really surprised so many of you took this thread so personally.
So much drama over a simple metaphor.
Yes, I’m a Maria fan but when I referred to her as “The Queen” I simply meant it as a way to pay tribute to her success.
She didn’t have to go out on any kind of self promotional campaign brushing shoulder with famous actresses in hopes of catching a few stand-in parts in the wake of their success.
Or make appearances at celebrity parties in hopes of being seen as an up and coming new talent.
It all came to her on a silver platter with no effort other than what she does on the court.
Like it or not Maria is the most popular, highest paid and arguably one of the most beautiful tennis players in the known world.

Her face is everywhere and her commercials are married to every event.

Her dedication to the sport and self-discipline she shows to the game are extra-ordinary for such a young woman.
If you have a problem with the term ‘Queen” I would invite you to examine how the same term was used over and over again to describe a certain sister act who’s commitment to the game has been dwarfed by comparison.

My God, don’t take it so seriously,
You’ll agitate yourself into a coma.
:lol:
Can you explain to me why you felt the need to dog the Williams sisters because some people, (fans of different players,) thought this thread was total bullshit? :rolleyes:

G_Slammed
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:01 PM
The queen of tennis? Nooooooooooooope. Not now, not ever. The queen of tennis has to have real talent. Navratilova and the others say the queen of tennis is Serena Williams, if she chooses to be. The PHONEY and boney Siberian is the queen of stamp collecting.

We crown her queen.......... of stamp collecting.

Drake1980
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:02 PM
:tape:

lindsayno1
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Sharapova fans...get over yourselves. Maria has a long way to go yet before you can start making comments like that!!!