PDA

View Full Version : anyone could tell me why Wimledon crowd is rooting for Masha?

tennislover
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:01 PM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Bounty Hunter
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:03 PM
:rolleyes:

tennislover
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Go Momo!!!!!!

saki
Because she's been fighting so hard. They were supporting Amelie initially.

Prizeidiot
Because she's losing?

They always go for the losing player... unless they're losing to someone British

tennislover
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:05 PM
well they supported her also when they were 1 set tied

Poova
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Or maybe the crowd just like her? Is it that hard to BELIEVE? :o

Knizzle
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
past champion??

LH2HBH
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:10 PM
In some ways she's a Wimbledon sweetheart, having one her first major there at 17.

tennislover
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:09 PM
In some ways she's a Wimbledon sweetheart, having one her first major there at 17.

good point

tennislover
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Or maybe the crowd just like her? Is it that hard to BELIEVE? :o

well Masha is adorable, not doubt about it...but momo would deserve more support

xin_hui
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:11 PM
your maturity baffles me :rolleyes:

franny
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM
How does Mauresmo deserve more support? Maria was losing pretty much the whole match. THat plus she's a fighter. They love fighters. Goodness, I don't get Mauresmo fans. They always feel like their Mauremso is entitled to everything. First they complained that she didnt get put on Center Court for her first round. Then they had that stupid thread about how she's the number 1 seed and should play first on semifinal day. Now they are angered that she gets less fan support. WTF. I'm not saying all Mauresmo fans, but some are just irritating.

Chunchun
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM
simply just because she's more sex appealing :o

manu32
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:34 PM
simply just because she's more sex appealing :o

so evident.....for men and for women......

Pasta-Na
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:34 PM
she looked hopeless :angel:

timray
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Masha = Brazil

hablo
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:39 PM
:yawn:

47eggs
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Because the Wimbledon crowd want to support Maria, see good tennis and help her play her best. Amelie's support wasn't exactly bad either! The Wimbledon crowd are the total opposite of people like you, who have obviously started his thread to take jabs at Maria and degrade her. Why cant you just want to see good tennis? Why do you have to bash the player you like least? You are pathetic!

Kenny
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Someone's paying them a pound a piece.. hoping that it will make her win.. and they'll get their payoff on the 30,000 they bet earlier. lol

Justine Fan
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Why not? :shrug:

Shenanigans
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:01 AM
I got the impression they were impartial, they just wanted to see a good tennis match and appreciated the tennis from both players, of course both of them has some hardcore supporters, shouting out their support. ;)

tennislover
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Because the Wimbledon crowd want to support Maria, see good tennis and help her play her best. Amelie's support wasn't exactly bad either! The Wimbledon crowd are the total opposite of people like you, who have obviously started his thread to take jabs at Maria and degrade her. Why cant you just want to see good tennis? Why do you have to bash the player you like least? You are pathetic!

what? Amelie's support wasn't bad either??????
some friendly advice: go and see the doctor for controlling your ears......

degrade Maria? I always liked Maria and supported her.....

I simply noticed the the crowd was colder towards Amelie. period

tennislover
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM
your maturity baffles me :rolleyes:

from a half-player's fan like you are, this post is not surprising

Dasha_
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:33 AM
The crowd always root for the vorse and weaker player..........

So Disrespectful
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Because Maria is universally more popular. Henin-Hardenne vs Mauresmo isn't going to haul in good ratings.

selestribe
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Since the beginning of the tournament, Maria hasn't stopped talking about her love for Wimbledon and how much she was enjoying playing on grass. She has class and she's a great fighter ... so how the crowd couldn't support her ???

Sam L
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Because she's the face of Wimbledon.

xin_hui
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM

what does me being a kim fan has to do with what i said? :rolleyes: so making a post that amelie should in the ATP tour (for reasons you know) is a sign of high maturity?

johnoo
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
The crowd always root for the vorse and weaker player..........
another bullshit post,and what the fuck does "vorse" mean?use proper english please or you just make yourself look more stupid than you already are.

tennislover
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
so making a post that amelie should in the ATP tour (for reasons you know) is a sign of high maturity?

I have really no idea what you are talking about....... :confused:

what does maturity have to deal with it? :confused:

tennislover
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:07 PM
another bullshit post,and what the fuck does "vorse" mean?use proper english please or you just make yourself look more stupid than you already are.

dear if you compare the sheer talent, it's Momo 10 vs Masha 5
so no doubt that masha is worse and weaker than momo

xin_hui
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I have really no idea what you are talking about....... :confused:

what does maturity have to deal with it? :confused:

why in the first place did you have to reply to my original post with:

that post from langers had rude connotations to amelie and i disagreed with it. so i said langers was immature. you were the one who came up with the ridiculous reply to my post

tennislover
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM
why in the first place did you have to reply to my original post with:

that post from langers had rude connotations to amelie and i disagreed with it. so i said langers was immature.

omg I thought immature was referred to me! :eek:
i'm so sorry......
please, I apologise.....

mike/topgun
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Becouse she presents an offensive style of play, and the people like to see a real battle rather than 6-3, 3-1 and cos of loads of errors from a young player.
Amelie did get her support, but the tennis fans wanted to see 3 sets, not 1h5 minutes str8 sets demolishion what it looked like til 3-1 in the 2nd.
Is it so hard to see(even not understand)?

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Since the beginning of the tournament, Maria hasn't stopped talking about her love for Wimbledon and how much she was enjoying playing on grass. She has class and she's a great fighter ... so how the crowd couldn't support her ???
This is spot on, plus the fact Maria is young and lovely, a past champion beating Serena, and another reason which I'm too scared to say because of the PC police.

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Because Maria is universally more popular. Henin-Hardenne vs Mauresmo isn't going to haul in good ratings.
Well, it hasn't exactly set the news alight here. It is worrying, this is the worst year for women at Wimbly in my view - in terms of media interest that is.

Justine Fan
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Well, it hasn't exactly set the news alight here. It is worrying, this is the worst year for women at Wimbly in my view - in terms of media interest that is.

What papers do you read? The Sun, The Mirror the Daily Star!

Try reading the other papers i.e. Times, Guardian, Independent, Telegraph, Mail .... there's a lot of media interest there.

Sun, Mirror & Daily Star are more interested in World Cup and Big Brother :lol:

MH0861
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:41 PM

They were saying on ESPN that the World Cup was really overshadowing Wimbledon in general this year, too.

TS
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
A lot of people seem to think that the fans out in the general public are just like the ones on this board.

They're not.

Talula
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
A lot of people seem to think that the fans out in the general public are just like the ones on this board.

They're not.
:worship: Best quote of the week for me. I love tennis. Everyone on WTAWorld must (or they'd be loonies). Most of the public don't. Most attendees at Wimbledon have no idea about Justine's hand at RG, or her inability to play at the AO. Or Amelie's inner struggle. It's snippets here and there, and how they feel on the day after they have had a few drinks. :worship:

The_Pov
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:52 PM
What papers do you read? The Sun, The Mirror the Daily Star!

Try reading the other papers i.e. Times, Guardian, Independent, Telegraph, Mail .... there's a lot of media interest there.

Sun, Mirror & Daily Star are more interested in World Cup and Big Brother :lol:

The Sun's sport section reports on WWE, I think that says a lot about their sports coverage.