PDA

View Full Version : Who's going?

myxomatosis
Jul 5th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Besides me! :banana:

And what days? I think I have it sorted out that I'll be there the Monday and Tuesday. :bounce:

416_Man
Jul 5th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I'll be at TMS Toronto for the whole week, but I'm going to try my best to come out for the Tuesday and Wednesday, because atleast in Toronto, those days always seem to have the most tennis. Is this true for Montreal? ;)

Wiggly
Jul 5th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I'm going Friday for the quarterfinals. Maybe one day during the week if my parents are availabel to drive me in Montreal and if Iveta is playing :)

So i'm gonna watch it on TV :lol:

Drake1980
Jul 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM
lucky bitches!!! ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 5th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Week-end, monday and tuesday for me. And most likely Wednesday :wavey:

Wiggly
Jul 5th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Week-end, monday and tuesday for me. And most likely Wednesday :wavey:

You're better cheer for Iveta :p

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 5th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Depends who she faces :angel:

~CANUCK~
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I will be there most likely for qualies and monday and maybe tuesday if i can get off work.

FedererFan84
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I will be going to my first ever WTA event here. Probably during the week. I don't quite know which days yet.

Venus_Serena
Jul 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I'll be there!!! I hope to see Venus :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 11th, 2006, 03:51 AM
We should create a WTAWORLD MEETING SITE. Each day, like 15 mins before play starts, everyone meets there. Could be fun.

myxomatosis
Jul 13th, 2006, 08:45 AM
We should create a WTAWORLD MEETING SITE. Each day, like 15 mins before play starts, everyone meets there. Could be fun.I think that's an awesome idea!
We could all colour coordinate even! :lol:

~CANUCK~
Jul 18th, 2006, 12:46 AM
I think that's an awesome idea!
We could all colour coordinate even! :lol:
I vote we all wear red, its a bright enough color that we can't be missed, and it also screams of canada :D

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 18th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Not sure I like red. How about bright blue :angel: ;)

myxomatosis
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:57 AM
How about a lovely salmon pink/puke green combo?
I don't know about anybody else, but I don't get to wear those colours together nearly enough. :inlove:

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Hum I could wear that without any problem :D

Venus_Serena
Jul 20th, 2006, 03:22 PM
white for me ;)

myxomatosis
Jul 20th, 2006, 09:38 PM
white for me ;)
White and red sounds pretty good. Patriotic as well.

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 21st, 2006, 02:07 AM
I do have much white and red things :confused: Does orange and beige work? :lol:

Randy H
Jul 21st, 2006, 02:57 AM
:bounce: I'll be there Saturday-Tuesday :bounce:

So excited to go back! :hearts: :woohoo:

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:00 AM
Same days as me. Tell me that's not destiny :love: :drool:

aceman
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:13 AM
:bounce: I'll be there Saturday-Tuesday :bounce:

So excited to go back! :hearts: :woohoo:

this time Randy don't hesitate to stop me to say Hi;)

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:08 AM
I'll force him to do so, don't worry Alain ;)

Randy H
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:18 AM
this time Randy don't hesitate to stop me to say Hi;)

I definitely will Alain, looking forward to it :D

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:20 AM
I definitely will CD, looking forward to it :D

Oh thanks honey, I'm really looking forward to seeing ya again and slutting it up on the dancefloors with ya!

Drake1980
Jul 21st, 2006, 06:02 AM
Hey Randy H,
Please make sure to ask Maureen how she and Vaidisova hooked up and also what her plans are for the year, and if she'll play Quebec City this year. Thank you so much.

~CANUCK~
Jul 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Oh thanks honey, I'm really looking forward to seeing ya again and slutting it up on the dancefloors with ya!
To bad unity still isn`t bebuilt yet errr.

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:18 PM
Bah we will go somewhere else!

Which night would be best for us to go out you think? My guess is Saturday night right?

~CANUCK~
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Bah we will go somewhere else!

Which night would be best for us to go out you think? My guess is Saturday night right?
ya saturday would be the best day. Im still hoping it re opens soon, we walked by it the other day, and they had a sign looking for new employees, so i guess all there old employees burned in the fire also.

Venus_Serena
Jul 22nd, 2006, 01:30 AM
tennis please tennis :p

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 22nd, 2006, 03:12 AM
ya saturday would be the best day. Im still hoping it re opens soon, we walked by it the other day, and they had a sign looking for new employees, so i guess all there old employees burned in the fire also.

Lol. Interested to dance there shaun? ;)

And Etienne, let us have our talk :fiery:

Venus_Serena
Jul 22nd, 2006, 05:09 AM
tomorrow I'll be in Montréal, it's gonna be hot :devil: :p

Ellery
Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:50 PM
I'll probably go on Monday :wavey:

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 24th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Hopefully you'll want to meet us Ellery :wavey:

Eddie
Jul 25th, 2006, 03:43 AM
I'm so excited because this will be the first time for me to watch professional tennis live.:)
I will be there for night session of quarters and semies and for the finals :)

hablo
Jul 25th, 2006, 08:13 PM
You're so lucky to get to go.
I've only been to the Canadian Open in Toronto :sad:
(and it was for the guys : Marat :drool: )

myxomatosis
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:59 PM
You're so lucky to get to go.
I've only been to the Canadian Open in Toronto :sad:
(and it was for the guys : Marat :drool: )
How come you can't go?
Agreed about Marat :hearts:

Anik
Jul 26th, 2006, 03:02 PM
un petit message pour le monde du Quebec...
vous pouvez gagner une paire de billet pour le lundi 14 aout en soiree (niveau 200)... si ca vous interesse, il suffit juste de remplir le formulaire sur le site www.wtaquebec.com :)

Aleksz
Jul 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM
un petit message pour le monde du Quebec...
vous pouvez gagner une paire de billet pour le lundi 14 aout en soiree (niveau 200)... si ca vous interesse, il suffit juste de remplir le formulaire sur le site www.wtaquebec.com (http://www.wtaquebec.com/) :)

moi je suis interesse si j ai le billet d avion avec :p

abcdlove
Jul 26th, 2006, 09:36 PM
hey... i want to go
but i'm still unsure as to whether i should get QF or SF tickets
and would i be able to get F tickets there?

would i be able to tag along anyone here since i'm going alone and i'm coming from toronto so it's my first time going to the montreal one.

i really just want to see martina hingis play... a lot.

drake3781
Jul 26th, 2006, 11:35 PM
What is the tournament site like? Do you think this is a fun tournament for people from out of town to visit? (Keep in mind that I'm probably spoiled because I've been to Charleston and Amelia Island which are really beautiful, and Cincinnati is nice too. :p ).

How far away from the city is it?

And is there anything else interesting going on in Montreal that week?

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 27th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Montreal is a very nice city. Mix between American and European. I love attending the tourney cause everything is visible and friendly.

I'm sure a lot of things are going on in Montreal, there is always sthing each week in Montreal!

Randy H
Jul 27th, 2006, 08:17 AM
What is the tournament site like? Do you think this is a fun tournament for people from out of town to visit? (Keep in mind that I'm probably spoiled because I've been to Charleston and Amelia Island which are really beautiful, and Cincinnati is nice too. :p ).

Tournament site is nice, right outside of a nice little park area, the grounds are quite open and easy to go around the practice courts and outside courts which is always good. Better site than Charleston IMO (though I didn't think much of it), but not as nice as Amelia Island (tough one to beat ;)). Location is pretty good, the site itself isn't that close to the downtown area necessarily, but it's still a pretty short journey using the subway, and a short walk from there to the grounds. A lot easier in terms of time and convenience especially for anyone who isn't familiar with the area, certainly in comparison to Toronto.

I'm not from the city myself, but I always enjoy visiting there and never get tired of it. It's got a nice mix of everything. Nice areas of nature, metropolitan areas, more quaint kind of artsy feeling areas, and a pretty well-preserved part of 'Old Montreal'. Each time I've gone there, I've found new things to see that I didn't the last time. Not sure what kind of specific events would be going on that week, but the city has a lot of culture and I've seen lots of little summer festivals and outdoor shows with different music, and other entertainment. :)

~CANUCK~
Jul 27th, 2006, 01:24 PM

I`m not 100% sure, but i believe that our film festival goes on that week, with lots of free movies and parties in the streets during that week. Gay pride might also be around that time, which is a week long party. Montreal in the summer pretty much has a new festival every week down town, so there is always something interetsing to do. Also the out games may still be going on, im not sure when they end but that could be fun also.

myxomatosis
Jul 27th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the Montreal info. everyone!
This will be my first time there and I only hear good things about the city. :smoke:

Ryan
Jul 27th, 2006, 11:06 PM
I'm going too! I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. :p I'm going for the last 4 days of the tournament, and I'm pumped since I have never been to a tournament live before. I have Series tickets for all 7 days + qualies, because it ended up being cheaper than buying for just the last 4 days. If I think of any questions, I'll ask all the pros who've been there before. ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:17 AM
OMG honey lol. You are not using the first days in the series? I know someone *me* who could be interested in buying them, cheaper of course, but it would be some money for ya!

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:18 AM
PM if you wanna talk about it!

~CANUCK~
Jul 28th, 2006, 01:15 PM
OMG honey lol. You are not using the first days in the series? I know someone *me* who could be interested in buying them, cheaper of course, but it would be some money for ya!

Um..whore, we are suppost to be sitting next to each other, how is this going to happen if you buy tix elsewhere :sad:

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 29th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Bah don't worry, i won't go much on the center court anyways ;) Just for the girl's matches!

DutchieGirl
Jul 30th, 2006, 03:05 AM
:bigcry: I wanna go. ;)

AJZ.
Jul 30th, 2006, 04:25 AM
I'm going Monday through Thursday- no center court tickets, but I don't mind. I just like walking on the practice courts and Court #1.
I hope I see Ai, Mary, Nadia, etc. :D

Ryan
Jul 30th, 2006, 12:10 PM

Yeah man, that was my plan. On the back of the tickets they say some shit about not re-selling, producing etc. the tickets, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I'll look for them now just to see what I'd sell, and then how about I'll PM you with a price? (cheaper of course ;) ).

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:08 PM
That works for me ;) I'm not assuring you anything, but it's a nice option!

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I'm going :banana: We've gotta meet up somewhere :D

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:22 AM
Of course we will Dave! Oh and you should come with us on our great Sat 12th night at the Unity!

myxomatosis
Jul 31st, 2006, 11:25 AM
People should meet up on Tuesday for sure (that's when I'll be there for sure) ;)
There's gotta be some sort of good meeting spot. Cd, I assume you'd know.

~CANUCK~
Jul 31st, 2006, 12:37 PM
People should meet up on Tuesday for sure (that's when I'll be there for sure) ;)
There's gotta be some sort of good meeting spot. Cd, I assume you'd know.

Um..no. it has to be monday coz i can`t go on tuesday :p

myxomatosis
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:22 PM
Damn, well it just looks like I'm going to have to go for a bit on the Monday as well :D
But I'll only be in Montreal 2 days so I want to see the city a bit too. :bounce:

~CANUCK~
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:02 PM
Damn, well it just looks like I'm going to have to go for a bit on the Monday as well :D
But I'll only be in Montreal 2 days so I want to see the city a bit too. :bounce:
Thats why you have to come dancing with us on saturday night :p

myxomatosis
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:53 PM
Thats why you have to come dancing with us on saturday night :pI wish I could!
But I'll be working all night :mad: I'm not taking the train down til Sunday afternoon.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:44 PM
Pffft, you suck Laura :fiery:

I'll think about a meeting spot somewhere lol.

~CANUCK~
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:23 PM
We should just meet at the ticket gate, its the easiest place

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:25 PM
Wow, so original shaun ;)

~CANUCK~
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:47 PM
Wow, so original shaun ;)
well i could of also suggested the 3000 blade of grass, 100 feet southwest from the stadium, but my original suggestion was easier to type.

myxomatosis
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:10 PM
well i could of also suggested the 3000 blade of grass, 100 feet southwest from the stadium, but my original suggestion was easier to type.I don't know Shaun, I kind of like the blade of grass suggestion better. I mean, anyone can find a ticket gate, but only really cool people can find a random blade of grass. :cool:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:06 PM
Could have been inside the gates or at the pool too!

~CANUCK~
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:45 PM
We will just stand by the gate and hold up a big sign saying "wta world whores unite" that should get everyones attention.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:31 AM
As Randy told me yesterday, we should see:

*Men's bathroom* with, written in black marker under it *wtaworlders meeting site* ;)

Havok
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:25 AM
I'll probably be going thursday through saturday only at night (work during the days all week long, including saturday) and hopefully I'll get to go to the finals also.:banana:

hablo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
How come you can't go?
Agreed about Marat :hearts:
I'm in Ontario :p
But I'm going to see the guys next monday :banana:
It will be my second time going to the Canadian Open in Toronto.
One of these days, I'll going to go to the one in Montreal though ;)

Ryan
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
Is this an exclusive get together, or can any WTAWorlder meet up? :sad:

~CANUCK~
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
everyone is welcome, assuming i like you :D

Ryan
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
everyone is welcome, assuming i like you :D

Haha, how do I get you to like me? Nothing weird I hope... :tape: ;)

~CANUCK~
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:10 PM
HAHA, ya you can come ;)

Ryan
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:20 PM
HAHA, ya you can come ;)

Sweet! Just so everyone knows, I'm a sexy stud, BUT I am not gay. So - you can compliment me and hit on me, but no touching or feeling (drooling, however, is permitted. Provided you don't drool on me). Glad that's out of the way. :p ;)

~CANUCK~
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:21 PM
Sweet! Just so everyone knows, I'm a sexy stud, BUT I am not gay. So - you can compliment me and hit on me, but no touching or feeling (drooling, however, is permitted. Provided you don't drool on me). Glad that's out of the way. :p ;)
OMG :lol: well as long as we can drool over you thats all that matters.

myxomatosis
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:28 AM
I'm in Ontario :p
But I'm going to see the guys next monday :banana:
It will be my second time going to the Canadian Open in Toronto.
One of these days, I'll going to go to the one in Montreal though ;)You're from Ontario but you like the Habs? Oy vey. For Shame!
Leafs rock!!!!

myxomatosis
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:29 AM
Sweet! Just so everyone knows, I'm a sexy stud, BUT I am not gay. So - you can compliment me and hit on me, but no touching or feeling (drooling, however, is permitted. Provided you don't drool on me). Glad that's out of the way. :p ;)I'm a girl. Can I drool on you?

hablo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:48 AM
You're from Ontario but you like the Habs? Oy vey. For Shame!
Leafs rock!!!!
No, no, I'm not from Ontario and the Laffs blow big time :ras::devil:
Habs rule :drool:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:58 AM

How did that feel to get it out of your system? ;)

myxomatosis
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:02 AM
No, no, I'm not from Ontario and the Laffs blow big time :ras::devil:
Habs rule :drool:Hey! The Habs suck every bit as much as the Leafs do! Sure they made the playoffs this year while the Leafs were too crap to even get in. But then they lost first round so ha! :devil:

Ryan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
I'm a girl. Can I drool on you?

Depends on how I'm feeling with my girlfriend at that point. ;)

Ryan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
How did that feel to get it out of your system? ;)

Pretty good, keeping important things like that repressed is never healthy. :D

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Ryan :hearts: We definitely gotta meet up, man!

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
I think it could be the best ever Rogers Cup for wtaworlders! ;)

hablo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:50 PM
Hey! The Habs suck every bit as much as the Leafs do! Sure they made the playoffs this year while the Leafs were too crap to even get in. But then they lost first round so ha! :devil:
ok, now you're really asking for it :devil:
so when's the last time you won a stanley cup again, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? :ras:
Were you even born yet ? :p:bolt:
mmmmmmmmmmmuaaaaaaaaaaa hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :smoke:

Ellery
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
Hopefully you'll want to meet us Ellery :wavey:

Of course :D

Ellery
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
So have you guys worked out a plan already for all wtaworlders to meet? I am too lazy to go through all the previous pages :o

Ryan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Ryan :hearts: We definitely gotta meet up, man!

Haha, don't take me too literally on the sexy stud thing. I'd like to think I'm moderately good looking, but you'll all have to wait for antoher few weeks. :p (Are you going to finish the Oz 2002 doubles final? :fiery: ;) )

So do we know when everyone is going? I'm going to be there from thursday-sunday, so I'm not sure if I can actually meet up with anyone, sounds like you guys are planning a monday/tuesday thing.

~CANUCK~
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:51 PM
You suck, i can only go sat-mon

Ellery
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
You suck, i can only go sat-mon

:lol:

myxomatosis
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Depends on how I'm feeling with my girlfriend at that point. ;)Well it appears there will be no drooling of any sort since I'm only going Monday and Tuesday. It's especially disappointing since I've been practicing my drooling skills. :drool: :sad:

myxomatosis
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:03 AM
ok, now you're really asking for it :devil:
so when's the last time you won a stanley cup again, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? :ras:
Were you even born yet ? :p:bolt:
mmmmmmmmmmmuaaaaaaaaaaa hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :smoke:I was 42 when the Leafs won their last cup, thank you very much!
I remember it like it was yesterday :smoke:

Ryan
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Well it appears there will be no drooling of any sort since I'm only going Monday and Tuesday. It's especially disappointing since I've been practicing my drooling skills. :drool: :sad:

That IS dissapointing, but I hope you have fun anyway! ;)

hablo
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:10 AM
I was 42 when the Leafs won their last cup, thank you very much!
I remember it like it was yesterday :smoke:
:spit: so you are supposedly in your 80s now ? :haha:

nice try, you poor thing :hug:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:27 AM
sat-wed here Ryan :lol: At least together we'll see all the matches or so ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Haha, don't take me too literally on the sexy stud thing. I'd like to think I'm moderately good looking, but you'll all have to wait for antoher few weeks. :p (Are you going to finish the Oz 2002 doubles final? :fiery: ;) )

So do we know when everyone is going? I'm going to be there from thursday-sunday, so I'm not sure if I can actually meet up with anyone, sounds like you guys are planning a monday/tuesday thing.
I'll be there Thursday. :yeah:

And yeah, I've got another request to do but I'll finish the dubs final also. ;)

myxomatosis
Aug 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Just a few more days! :D :D :D

Ryan
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I'm so excited! Watching the men's event is great, but I'm kind of glad I'm not there watching them live. I love watching the big guns play each other, but the other first round matches KILL me. Hopefully the 16 seeds hold for the women next week so I have some mouth watering r16 matches to drool over. Hope everyone has fun!

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Wow, it's like the opposite for me! I really want to see the first and second rounds on outter courts. I mean even though our coverage sucks in Canada, we still get to see the big guns play each other often in bigger tournament, while now it is my chance to see the lower players, who have as much talent, just fighting for the points. It takes a completely different aspect live, it's really survival, i love it ;)

I'll get to see the r16 on tv though :lol:

Ryan
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Wow, it's like the opposite for me! I really want to see the first and second rounds on outter courts. I mean even though our coverage sucks in Canada, we still get to see the big guns play each other often in bigger tournament, while now it is my chance to see the lower players, who have as much talent, just fighting for the points. It takes a completely different aspect live, it's really survival, i love it ;)

I'll get to see the r16 on tv though :lol:

Well, I haven't been to a tournament EVER, so I might completely agree with you after the tourney is over. ;) I just hope Hingis makes it to the R16 so I can watch her play.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 9th, 2006, 02:55 AM
I usually prefer the lil courts. The bigger courts are often quite empty, no one seems to care. While when you know you have a great match between two solid players, and there is 100 people in a 75-place court, and everyone there are tennis fans, it's quite special ;)

Wiggly
Aug 9th, 2006, 06:35 AM
I usually prefer the lil courts. The bigger courts are often quite empty, no one seems to care. While when you know you have a great match between two solid players, and there is 100 people in a 75-place court, and everyone there are tennis fans, it's quite special ;)

Yeah, in early rounds, it's empty, it's hot, NOBODY cares, not cheering.
But smaller courts are PACKED! Even for Doubles it was imposible ot get a place :eek:

myxomatosis
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:56 PM
At the mens tourney on Monday, it was pathetic how empty the stadium was when I was watching Nalbandian lose horribly.
But then I went to the grandstand for the Henman match and it was absolutely packed. The only time the stadium courts seem to fill up in tourneys (at least for the earlier rounds) is when it's someone like Federer, Nadal, Sharapova or Venus playing. Otherwise, they shouldn't even schedule matches on the big courts. It ends up looking sad and like nobody cares.

Wiggly
Aug 9th, 2006, 09:16 PM
At the mens tourney on Monday, it was pathetic how empty the stadium was when I was watching Nalbandian lose horribly.
But then I went to the grandstand for the Henman match and it was absolutely packed. The only time the stadium courts seem to fill up in tourneys (at least for the earlier rounds) is when it's someone like Federer, Nadal, Sharapova or Venus playing. Otherwise, they shouldn't even schedule matches on the big courts. It ends up looking sad and like nobody cares.

Nobody cares because it's demolition derby. Night sessions is ALWAYS better :)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:24 AM
BTW, to Shaun, Troy, Randy and Karl, I got 6 free tickets for Saturday! So wait before buying them if you read this!

Ryan
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Ok, so I just have a few last minute paranoid questions that I hope you guys and gals can answer. I'll probably bring a back pack with me each day, just with some food, an umbrella etc. Do they allow bags / do they search them beforehand? Also, what is it like going through the ticket area? I get kind of nervous every time I go somewhere where I've bought a ticket (hockey games, whatever!), for some reason I think they're going to laugh and send me away. :o

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Lol most likely they will check through your bag, usually for some metal cans or glass bottles. Just make sure that you have none of those for your lunch. In the ticket area, they'll just check your things, and check your tickets and cancel it with that weird lil apparel that stops the ticket from working again (god I don't know the technical vocab! :lol: )

But you'll be ok, don't worry ;)

Ryan
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Awesome, thanks man. Does anyone have any restaurants/food areas in and near the Stadium that they'd recommend, I probably will have to eat out for most of my meals. Oh, that's another thing, if I leave the Stadium during a session, can I get back in (I dont know why I'd leave, just curious).

Harju.
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:00 PM
To whomever.

Please stalk Tati

Thanks.
:tape:

Trent Reznor
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Awesome, thanks man. Does anyone have any restaurants/food areas in and near the Stadium that they'd recommend, I probably will have to eat out for most of my meals. Oh, that's another thing, if I leave the Stadium during a session, can I get back in (I dont know why I'd leave, just curious).

There is a Loblaws and some middle eastern restaurants about 5 min walk way. If you like junk food there is also a McD's also!

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:31 PM
And yes they will put a stamp on your hands for you to come back!

Ellery
Aug 10th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I still haven't bought my ticket :o I guess I'll have to buy them on site on the morning of Monday :confused:

myxomatosis
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah I'm just going to buy my tickets there too.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 11th, 2006, 12:17 AM
I have my monday day tickets and my saturday tickets and I'll buy the others ones the day before.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:02 AM
So it start tomorrow :D Me Shaun and Troy will be in front of the main gates, at like 9h45 tomorrow morning, so if you guys want to join, it'll be great! And I have few free tickets left if that helps!

I'll be wearing a dark green striped polo shirt with aqua shoes ;)

Gogo123
Aug 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Sania Mirza IND - [Q]
Dinara Safina RUS [9] - Tatiana Golovin FRA
Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER [10] - Shuai Peng CHN
Gisela Dulko ARG - Daniela Hantuchova SVK [11]
Ana Ivanovic SCG [13] - Laura Granville USA
[Q] - Alicia Molik AUS
Maria Kirilenko RUS [15] - Jelena Kostanic CRO

These are the first round matches that I have interest in watching...so I'll probably go on Monday or Tuesday or probably both if these matches are evenly spread out over the two days.

Zoltan83
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:15 PM
:wavey:
At all who go there, don't forget to cheer for Gisela Dulko and take pictures of her :D :angel:

You're from Ontario but you like the Habs? Oy vey. For Shame!
Leafs rock!!!!
:woohoo: :bounce:

GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Ellery
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:18 PM
So it start tomorrow :D Me Shaun and Troy will be in front of the main gates, at like 9h45 tomorrow morning, so if you guys want to join, it'll be great! And I have few free tickets left if that helps!

Great! See you on Monday :wavey:

Ryan
Aug 13th, 2006, 11:08 PM
So did everyone who went this weekend have fun!?!?!

One more paranoid question - The Series tickets guarantee me a seat on the Central Court and the NB court, correct? I was reading them and it mentioned something about Series tickets allowing me a seat on the NB Court, but seating was limited. I'm assuming that means it's just first come first serve on every court but the Central one?

~CANUCK~
Aug 13th, 2006, 11:10 PM
So did everyone who went this weekend have fun!?!?!

One more paranoid question - The Series tickets guarantee me a seat on the Central Court and the NB court, correct? I was reading them and it mentioned something about Series tickets allowing me a seat on the NB Court, but seating was limited. I'm assuming that means it's just first come first serve on every court but the Central one?
Anyone is allowed on the NB court, but you have to sit in the upper deck, and seating isn't assigned, so its first come first served.

Harju.
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM

You told me you're wearing pink polka dot dress. :angel:

Have fun guys :D

Ryan
Aug 16th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Anyone is allowed on the NB court, but you have to sit in the upper deck, and seating isn't assigned, so its first come first served.

Ok, thanks. I was reading on the rogers site that you can buy a series ticket to the NB court, so I wasn't sure if my Series tickets would work. Thanks for letting me know though!

jRoD6556
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Question:

I am going to Montreal this weekend and wanted to get tickets for Friday's quarterfinals.

I desperately want to see Hingis- so I won't know if it's day or night session (assuming she makes it to the quarters)

Does anyone think there'll be tickets available if I just show up early on Friday?

Thanks!!