PDA

View Full Version : Nastya's hardcourt schedule

spiceboy
Jul 2nd, 2006, 09:59 AM
http://********************/chatter_nadal_070106.html

She'll play World TeamTennis for a week, Cincinnati, then skip California and Stockholm, before heading to Montreal.

ctan88
Jul 2nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
Myskina is playing Cincinnati, then heading back home to Europe for a short break before playing Stockholm, Montreal and New Haven - her name is on the entry lists!

otrimotrim
Jul 4th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Thank you for the information!!!
I'll follow her matches!

_LuCaS_
Jul 4th, 2006, 05:13 PM
She wants YEC but she plays Stockholm :confused: If she really wants to retire if she doesn't make it to YEC, she should at least try her best.
Play Stanford II then Acura I a week break then Montreal I and New Haven II.
Instead she plays a tier III, a tier IV ?
Nastya :banghead:

Thauron
Jul 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Yes, I agree on that.

With this Wimbledon she made a very big step into the right direction - why doesn't she try to build on that? She needs top competition too, what does she gain by beating some Tier IV level opponents? I really don't understand this. :help:

cindy
Jul 4th, 2006, 05:32 PM
actually i'm quite glad that she'll play stockholm...i know I'm the only one! but it's realy one of the thing I like with nastya...she loves a country so she'll play there! or she said that she'll come back with the team (I'm talking about the wtt) so she comes back! I think that proves that when she gives her word she keeps it and to me it's a great qualitie...she plays tennis to enjoy it not to win win win! she is an human not a machine like some other so I respect her choice! there is still a lot af great tourney that she can win like moscow for exemple and can give her a lot of point so....respect and good luck with your lil tourney (if she doesn't win it it will be clear that ending her career is not a bad idea!)

Thauron
Jul 4th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah, maybe I was a bit too harsh on Stockholm - if she really enjoyed it there last year and wants to go back, she should. But it is the entire schedule which bothers me a bit - I would have liked her to play one tier I or II more.

On a side note: is she actually allowed to play all the tournaments listed?

A tier IV?
3 Tier IIIs? (Instanbul, Cincinnati and Hasselt)

french_girl
Jul 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM
actually i'm quite glad that she'll play stockholm...i know I'm the only one! but it's realy one of the thing I like with nastya...she loves a country so she'll play there! or she said that she'll come back with the team (I'm talking about the wtt) so she comes back! I think that proves that when she gives her word she keeps it and to me it's a great qualitie...she plays tennis to enjoy it not to win win win! she is an human not a machine like some other so I respect her choice! there is still a lot af great tourney that she can win like moscow for exemple and can give her a lot of point so....respect and good luck with your lil tourney (if she doesn't win it it will be clear that ending her career is not a bad idea!)
totally agree with you... ;)

@Thauron: she's not top10 anymore so maybe yeah, she can play all the tournaments she wants to.... :ignore:

angiee3
Jul 4th, 2006, 06:27 PM
thx. for the info.....

well as long as she feels good and is happy where she is playing it's good....

(but i really want her to be at the YEC)

ctan88
Jul 5th, 2006, 02:57 AM
I dont think its all about titles and ranking points with Anastasia ... Sure, she has made it clear that she wants to qualify for the YEC, but she has good memories of Stockholm - made the finals lasy year, and she did say that she really enjoyed the tourney, the fans, the organisation and made a promise that she would return! GOOD ON YA Anastasia ... However, there is tough competition, Na Li fron China is playing ... to me it will be a MYSKINA vs LI final, very competitive ... But she has Cincinnati first :)

selyoink
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:26 AM
I really feel that Nastya is one of the worst schedulers on tour.

french_girl
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:18 AM
yeah but if she were a good sheduler, she couldn't be nastya, cuz nastya's so ununderstandable and maybe mad stimes!!! :lol: :angel:
but i must say that for stockholm, i agree with her because:
1) she said she'll be back there this year
2) she'll be at home for few weeks after cincinnati so that's not very far from moscow
3) if she enjoy, have fun and can win the tourney, that would be fine even if that's "only" a tiersIV

otrimotrim
Jul 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Try