PDA

View Full Version : Lets go to Stanford

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 26th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Its just a month from now!!!

Well, Lindsay first tourney back would be Stanford Bank of the West Classic( I hope)

I just cant wait for Lindsay to comeback and I have to do this thread early.

Ingokoer
Jun 26th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I am also looking forward to this tournament and the whole californian hardcourt season. For me no other time of the WTA tour during the year is so very much " Lindsay time" like these July/August tournaments in California, it is her home and her favourite surface and she has the best results here.

It would be so great for Lindsay and I am still hoping for an equally good run like 2004 at those tournaments. For me these californian tournaments without Lindsay would be even more sad (like last year) than Wimbledon without her. I think if you would name a typical Lindsay match with all her great attitudes you probably have to chose one from these tournaments (Indian Wells also included).

lindsayno1
Jun 26th, 2006, 09:22 PM
and whoever sees her first tell her wimbledon was crap without her!

Elldee
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I think grass is her best surface, but I'm looking forward to seeing her all the same.

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I disagree. I still think that the fast-pace summer hardcourts are the best surface for her game.

mike/topgun
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:23 PM
If she's fit enough to show up in Stanford and play I'll be glad.
I think grass is her best surface, but I'm looking forward to seeing her all the same.
Agree. Grass helps especially her serve, and also the pace of her shots more than hardcourts do. Lindsay's probably not as quick as she was few years ago, and ones of Clijsters, JHH, Dementieva can handle the pace of her shots somehow, so the points become longer, there're more exhausting rallies...On the Wimbledon grass, even when she's not 100%, she's the only true favorite along with WS and Sharapova.
I disagree. I still think that the fast-pace summer hardcourts are the best surface for her game.
I know what you mean. Few years ago it seemed Lindsay was unstoppable on fast hardcourts. Maybe, it's true, cos she's won so many titles on american hardcourts. But, nowadays, is she fit enough to handle those long rallies? Probably no, so she has to go for her shots more often and it's somehow easier to do and more effective on grass rather than hardcourts.

BTW, the '2004 californian clean sweep' was something great. I was really surprising, refreshing and inspiring change, which gave her the belief, that she's still able to win slams. It was a new begining for Lindsay :worship:
But, we have to remember, that Venus was more erratic in BWC final, than during other matches between the two in 2000-2003 period...Nevertheless, I was so damn proud of her and same time couldn't believe she actually beat VW for the first time since 2000 Linz final:worship:

santhuruu
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Since Venus is not playing Stanford, I'm cheering 100% for Lindsay to win the title! COME ON LINDSAY JUST ROCK FROM THE TOWER TO THE BOTTOM OUT THERE!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Go Lindsay on Stanford!

Its gonna be Kim vs Lindsay there.

bis2806
Jun 29th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I told Lindsay at Hong Kong, "I'll probably see you back in the States for the hardcourt season!" and she said, "Really? That's great!"

Andrew..
Jun 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM
What's your point. Her participation, if healthy, was never a question.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:44 PM
What's your point. Her participation, if healthy, was never a question.

Good point. She actually even played a couple of tournaments and GS injured.

mike/topgun
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
She actually even played a couple of tournaments and GS injured.
That's right, but it wasn't an injury which hampered Lindsay's serve as much, as the back problem does.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 5th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Yay for Stanford. I'm going to the USO, hopefully, I hope she comes in playing well.

Ty-Ty
Jul 5th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I'll be at USO this year too. YAY. :hearts:

lindsayno1
Jul 5th, 2006, 06:49 PM
im goin to USO!

LindsayRulz
Jul 6th, 2006, 02:25 AM
My god... Am I the only one who stay at home during the USO? :(

mike/topgun
Jul 6th, 2006, 10:10 AM
My god... Am I the only one who stay at home during the USO?
easy, you're not the only one;)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I'm always at the USO for the past 5 years. I hope Lindsay can give me a championship now.

But Stanford first, its comming in 3 weeks now.

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I want to go..... I think I WILL go! We should all create a banner at the USO and catch Lindsay! She was so pleased when I mentioned TOP to her in HK.

Andrew..
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Let's make sure she's going first.

I'm going to San Diego again this year. If she's not there, whatever. I'll stalk Tina and Princess Tati. And the field is awesome anyway.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I think before this event comes, we could all exchange numbers so we check if we are there and then possiblly stalk Lindsay, lol!

bis2806
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Have you all bought tickets for the US Open? I haven't because I don't know if Lindsay will play for sure.

We should all stalk Lindsay and make a huge banner for her :p But who gets to keep it? Hahahaha. Anywho, I want to meet her again :hearts:

!<blocparty>!
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Let's make sure she's going first.

I'm going to San Diego again this year.

Let's make a big banner and paint our faces in American flag colours!

Andrew..
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Let's make a big banner and paint our faces in American flag colours!
Colors. Brits.

I never do these things. Except at football games. The REAL football, not this soccer crap you play.

Ty-Ty
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I bought Lindsay's new racquet today. It's pretty much the shit.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Colors. Brits.

I never do these things. Except at football games. The REAL football, not this soccer crap you play.

We spell the correct way. Thanks.

I can see us now, singing madeup Lindsay chants in our bright colours as she tanks a third set semi-final to Kim.

REAL football. This must be the one when they play for about 30 minutes out of 90 and wear stupid pads that make them look stronger.

lindsayno1
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:16 PM
HA! My mate plays american football....and his gear...i really take the mick out of him!

The Daviator
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:50 AM
If she returns in Stanford, then she should make the final comfortably, she's usually quite good at bouncing back, i.e. 2002, she pretty much returned and started reaching finals again (all of which she lost though :o ), and last year returning in New Haven and winning it, and with Kim in dodgy form, who knows what might happen ;)

Andrew..
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:18 AM
The Stanford field is really awful. If she's healthy, she really should play. Final points would be good right now.

Andrew..
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:22 AM
We spell the correct way. Thanks.

I can see us now, singing madeup Lindsay chants in our bright colours as she tanks a third set semi-final to Kim.

REAL football. This must be the one when they play for about 30 minutes out of 90 and wear stupid pads that make them look stronger.
I don't chant at tennis matches. I'd just sit there and frown, while St. Kim comes back from 2-5 down in the second set.

Soccer blows. 0-0 TIE OMG WHAT A GAME~ I can see why we Americans hate it.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I don't chant at tennis matches. I'd just sit there and frown, while St. Kim comes back from 2-5 down in the second set.

Soccer blows. 0-0 TIE OMG WHAT A GAME~ I can see why we Americans hate it.

I can do "COME ON LINDSAY" "MAKE HER PLAY TATI!!!!" in my boring monotone voice but that's about it.

Soccer blows, but "Football" blows harder. And baseball, where fatties can be the best.

Andrew..
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:32 AM
I can do "COME ON LINDSAY" "MAKE HER PLAY TATI!!!!" in my boring monotone voice but that's about it.

Soccer blows, but "Football" blows harder. And baseball, where fatties can be the best.
I sat with the mother and coach of Marissa P. Irvin last year, and we made fun of her during her match.

Baseball is the #2 sport in the world. And for the last time, Giambi is not fat.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I sat with the mother and coach of Marissa P. Irvin last year, and we made fun of her during her match.

Baseball is the #2 sport in the world. And for the last time, Giambi is not fat.

That sounds like fun.

Whatever. We need to catch up so we can bitch about Lindsay and you can defend Giambi, etc. etc. Summer = busy period.

Robbie.
Jul 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM
The Stanford field is really awful. If she's healthy, she really should play. Final points would be good right now.

She might draw Kim in the semis, though.

Andrew..
Jul 11th, 2006, 12:38 AM
She might draw Kim in the semis, though.
Lolz. She's ranked below Batty now.

I doubt she plays, anyway.

Robbie.
Jul 11th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Lolz. She's ranked below Batty now.

I doubt she plays, anyway.

It's amazing Patty is still top ten with the shit first 6 months she has had.

The thing is, I think if Lindsay is going to come back successfully she has to come back more or less now. It will be a nightmare once her ranking slips any lower.

Andrew..
Jul 11th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I agree. If she's not back on the summer hardcourts, I doubt she ever will be.

mike/topgun
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:29 AM
and we know nothing bout Lindsay's back problem rehab
I doubt she'll play before NY
she's gonna retire after USO

MH0861
Jul 11th, 2006, 05:10 PM
She's on the entry list for New Haven. Maybe she's just replacing LA for New Haven this year? Weird.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 11th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I think she is just trying to play limited schedule. But I'm very much sure she is still eying for GS's of 2007 including this years USO.

Andrew..
Jul 11th, 2006, 06:12 PM
She's on the entry list for New Haven. Maybe she's just replacing LA for New Haven this year? Weird.
Smart. She's always done well in New Haven, and the field blows this year.

mike/topgun
Jul 11th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Smart. She's always done well in New Haven, and the field blows this year.
It blows as every year.
Still, I'm surprised she's actually on the NH list.
But it's quite promissing, to see her committed to Stanford, SD to play some matches, or maybe even win Stanford(would be nice to avoid KC before final) for a good start. Then 2 weeks off and New Haven - should do well there cos the field blows, as every year.:lol:
Can't wait for BWC.
Would like to think Lindsay's gonna play next year.

Andrew..
Jul 11th, 2006, 10:29 PM
It blows as every year.
Still, I'm surprised she's actually on the NH list.
But it's quite promissing, to see her committed to Stanford, SD to play some matches, or maybe even win Stanford(would be nice to avoid KC before final) for a good start. Then 2 weeks off and New Haven - should do well there cos the field blows, as every year.:lol:
Can't wait for BWC.
Would like to think Lindsay's gonna play next year.
Wrong. Through 2002, New Haven was the second strongest tier II on tour, with Filderstadt being #1.

mike/topgun
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Wrong. Through 2002, New Haven was the second strongest tier II on tour, with Filderstadt being #1.
Yeah, you're right. I wasn't strict - I meant since 2003.
If I remember correctly it was the event called somethin like US hardcourt champs and it changed location quite often. I remember that once it was Atlanta in '97? Ever since then it's been held in New Haven with a great field - Graf, Lindsay, Venus, Seles etc. Since 1999 til 2002 Venus played there 4 times and won 4 titles beating Lindsay(3) and Seles in finals. Nevertheless, you must admit that since 2003 it's had a rather poor field.

Andrew..
Jul 12th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Well, it's an average tier II field. Which on the WTA these days isn't bad.

Si_Hi
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Go Go Go!!!!!!
C'mon Lindsay!!!!

mike/topgun
Jul 12th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Well, it's an average tier II field. Which on the WTA these days isn't bad.
True.
Lindsay fell and sustained a concussion and other as-yet-unconfirmed injuries.
not good. :(

santhuruu
Jul 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah New Haven has a weak field, I was expecting to see Venus entering that tournament, but Venus has entered San Diego, LA and Montreal, so I don't see her entering New Haven, cause else she needs to play six straight weeks.

Andrew..
Jul 12th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Venus hasn't played New Haven in four years.

Andrew..
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Lindsay out of Stanford.

Bye.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Link?

Andrew..
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:10 PM
We can't link anymore, because of the WTA's stellar new policy.

Anyway, she's out. It has been 100% confirmed to me. She pulled out today.

I guess retires now.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM
By some guy who had a dream? :confused:

The thread confuses me.

Andrew..
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM
By some guy who had a dream? :confused:

The thread confuses me.
I have other sources.

It should hit the wire in a few hours.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:14 PM
OK thanks. :sad:

lindsayno1
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:48 PM
What!

mike/topgun
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Lindsay out of Stanford.

Bye.
:(
I thought it'd be like this.
She'll probably pull out of SD too and play NH, or just USO...and then retires.
Either the back problem is as serious as I thought, or perhaps she's pregnant. What do you guys think. Well we should have a poll.
PS.funny avatar !<blocparty>!.

Andrew..
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:54 PM
:(
I thought it'd be like this.
She'll probably pull out of SD too and play NH, or just USO...and then retires.
Either the back problem is as serious as I thought, or perhaps she's pregnant. What do you guys think. Well we should have a poll.
PS.funny avatar !<blocparty>!.
Or, she plays nothing, falls into oblivion, and we never hear from her again, a la Seles and Capriati.

I'm going with that.

lindsayno1
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
im thinking pregnant

Andrew..
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I also move that this forum be dedicated to Martina HINGIS (SUI). Or at least someone who actually plays tennis. Thanks.

Andrew..
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:57 PM
im thinking pregnant
She fell down. She's not pregnant anymore.

But, it doesn't matter. She joins my other faves, Bovina and Irvin, on the retired list.

lindsayno1
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:57 PM
*sigh*

mike/topgun
Jul 14th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew..
Or, she plays nothing, falls into oblivion, and we never hear from her again, a la Seles and Capriati.
Don't even mention this particular version of the end.:tape:
Then, I believe, that when Lindsay finally retires, she's gonna let the world know. After all, she's a down to earth person.

Andrew..
Jul 14th, 2006, 11:26 PM
She said she doesn't want to make a scene when she retires.

So, don't tell anyone. Pull out of tournaments. Pretend you're training. Next we're going to see pictures of her running the beach with her "trainer", and a statement about how she's so eager for a return. But that her "injury" won't let her.

The Daviator
Jul 15th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I also move that this forum be dedicated to Martina HINGIS (SUI). Or at least someone who actually plays tennis. Thanks.

Before she gets another 'ankle injury' again, eh? :rolleyes:

Anyway, she's 30, she was going to quit in '04, if the time has come (and I pray it hasn't) then stop bitching and celebrate all she's achieved...

I mean, it's not as if she's retired at 22, I mean, who would do that :lol:

Oh yeah :o

Andrew..
Jul 15th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Fine. Merge this forum with Lindsay's good friend, Kournikova.

Robbie.
Jul 15th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Well this year is nothing like I thought it would be. I wish she would actually make a statement about her condition.

LindsayRulz
Jul 15th, 2006, 04:38 AM
It's really sad that her career is finishing like that... :(

Si_Hi
Jul 15th, 2006, 06:57 AM
What?
she's out??!!!!!

Si_Hi
Jul 15th, 2006, 07:53 AM
it's so hard to believe it....
anyway, just be happy, lidsay :)

Si_Hi
Jul 15th, 2006, 07:54 AM
i luv u for ever :)

dav abu
Jul 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I would rather know one way or the other, it would be desperate if this gets dragged on like the Seles/Capriati situation. I hope Lindsay is ok :hug:

chadman569
Jul 15th, 2006, 07:36 PM
The only thing that keeps me positive about her return is the US Open Series commercials. Everytime I see them, I think that she HAS to come back. I don't know when they made the new commercials but she looks great! (And not pregnant ;)) I really just want her to come back healthy for one last run.

Chad

Andrew..
Jul 15th, 2006, 08:54 PM
It was shot in March.

Andrew..
Jul 16th, 2006, 12:34 AM
As I was saying...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=bankofwestdavenport&prov=st&type=lgns

chadman569
Jul 16th, 2006, 02:09 AM
It was shot in March.

Thanks for shooting down my hopes. :bigcry: It's so sad that she might be done, but she has had a great career thus far (still some hope).

mike/topgun
Jul 16th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Back in 2001 I didn't even dream of watching Lindsay playing in 2004, 2005, 2006.
There's still an option - play NH, USO and then retire. Try to steal some fame from Andre's farewell;)<jokes>

Frederic
Jul 16th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Bad news...