PDA

View Full Version : For R&B and soul fans out there here's someone for you Keisha White,clips inside

Viktymise
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Im loving her new song Dont Mistake me and her last song Weakness in me was great too

Likened to all sorts of talented vocalists, from Billie Holiday through to Alicia Keys, Keisha's voice is pure honey.

Warm, sweet, a little vulnverable here, powerful there, it has a rare intimacy which far belies her tender age of 19 years which sometimes leads one to believe she's not behind the speaker panels at all, but actually in the room.

Music has always been a huge influence in Keisha's life. With her mother beinga professional singer, Keisha has alays been around music.

"I call them the three A 's" - Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys and Anita Baker proclaims Keisha of her musical mentors.

"I learnt from these singers how important it is that music should be distinctive. Whether their songs were played 20 years ago, today or 2010, they're timeless and that's what I'm aspiring to do - make music that lasts forever. I want to help bring back something that has been almost lost for so long - great singing, live instruments andfirst-rate songs."

New Single - Don't Mistake Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KpM3vHzUBQ

Last release - Weakness In Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGYSiym0us

The track listing for Keisha's second album
Here's the track listing:

1. Don't Mistake Me
2. The Weakness In Me
3. What's On Your Mind
4. I Choose Life
5. Complicated Emotions
6. Out Of My Hands
7. Love Is The Deepest Hurt
8. Baby Come To Me
9. Brother
10. Why
11. One Step At A Time
12. It Takes A Stronger Man

Anyone whos interested have a listen and tell me what you think :) she is great really tho

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Is this a new album? Or a re-release? Coz her first album had 15 songs on it :shrug:

Viktymise
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Is this a new album? Or a re-release? Coz her first album had 15 songs on it :shrug:
Her new one

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I've heard of her. She's not bad. To me she reminds me of Lil' Mo except with a Pop/Soul sound and that little bit of vulnerability. Also I think she's holding back a bit vocally but it works for the style she's singing now.

Also for those people who are fans of Paris Bennett take a listen if you couldn't understand why some people didn't think Paris had the whole package. She was lacking that vulnerability and softness in her vocals.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Her new one

quite a few of these songs were on her first album :shrug:

I do like her. "Weakness In Me" was my fave song, especially the ending :hearts: It left you wanting more!!!

"Don't Care Who Knows", "One Step At A Time" and "Why" were also great songs!!! :hearts: