PDA

View Full Version : Joan Jett gets political on new album

Bette_Midler
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
LONG ISLAND, N.Y., June 6 (UPI) -- Joan Jett still loves rock 'n' roll, but she's taking a political direction on her latest album.

"Riddles," the opening track from "Sinner" -- Jett's first new studio album in 12 years -- offers harsh criticisms of the Bush administration, while other songs deal with intolerance and sexual identity.

"I love writing about falling in love, falling out of love, sex, all those great things I've written about my whole career," notes Jett, who began her career in the mid-'70s with the band the Runaways and is best known for her 1982 hit "I Love Rock 'N Roll."

"But after awhile you want to write about something beyond that, too. I want to speak without being partisan, without saying 'These are the good people' and 'These are the bad people.' I'm just talking about what's going on right now."

Jett will support "Sinner" with performances on this year's Vans Warped Tour, which begins June 15 in Columbia, Md.

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/31996.php/Joan-Jett-gets-political-on-new-album

Bette_Midler
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:07 PM
vamos Joan vamos :bounce:

btw: i love her cover of a.c.d.c (original by "the sweet" band , my all-time favorite glam rock band :hearts: )

griffin
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Out of the closet as a dyke, out of the closet as a freak (and I mena that in a nice way), out of the closet as a partisan..my my, how our little Joanie has grown :lol:

Bette_Midler
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:14 PM
:lol:

Bette_Midler
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:02 PM
a.c.d.c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBHK_2sUJBQ

btw: honestly i prefer the original by "the sweet" * but this one sounds really fine :bounce: as is usual in joan s cover songs :p

* haha i know i m old :sad:

timafi
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Griff you're on fuego today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Helen Lawson
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Out of the closet as a dyke, out of the closet as a freak (and I mena that in a nice way), out of the closet as a partisan..my my, how our little Joanie has grown :lol:

Do you realize there are people posting on this board who weren't even born when "I Love Rock 'n Roll" hit the charts? :o :sad:

griffin
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:01 PM
That hurt, Helen.

Bette_Midler
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Do you realize there are people posting on this board who weren't even born when "I Love Rock 'n Roll" hit the charts? :o :sad:

ouch :sad:

Helen Lawson
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I didn't mean to ruin anyone's day, but talk of Joan Jett got me thinking of my life that summer where her song was No. 1--and it was a LONG, LONG time ago! And I wasn't even really that young. :o

Bette_Midler
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Griff you're on fuego today :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehehe griff :hearts: :kiss: :wavey:

Bette_Midler
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I didn't mean to ruin anyone's day, but talk of Joan Jett got me thinking of my life that summer where her song was No. 1--and it was a LONG, LONG time ago! And I wasn't even really that young. :o

lol is true :sad:

griffin
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:34 PM

:lol: it's just been one of those days - earlier I overheard a colleague say something about "TMI" and of course wondered why they were discussing Three Mile Island :o

partbrit
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:14 AM
A few years ago, I was in NYC and went to see The Rocky Horror Show on Broadway. Joan Jett played Magenta and she was also one of the cigarette girls who sing the sublime "Science Fiction Double Feature." The show was performed in Circle On the Square, which is theatre in the round. When it was over, the cast members went in a circle, doing the Time Warp. I was on the front row, and when Joan got to me, she stopped, so I actually did the Time Warp with Joan Jett.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:18 AM
I thought she was dead?

Bette_Midler
Jun 21st, 2006, 03:45 PM
hahahahah :lol: :lol: