PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2006 - Australia versus Croatia: Who will win?

Brett.
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Since 32 years ago, Australia has not qualified for round 16 for such a long time! Australia is in their best preparation to beat or to draw against Croatia to claim their spot for round 16.

If Australia loses to Croatia - they will pack their bag to go home!

Who will win?

My prediction would be Australia defeated Croatia 2-1!

selyoink
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:12 AM
I think Croatia will win. I know they are yet to score a goal but I feel they are a stronger team.

Plus I don't think the Australians are as good as they think they are. Either way whichever team advances will be in trouble playing either Italy, Ghana, or the Czech Republic.

By the way counting Japan out already? I know they are a major longshot but who knows.

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:13 AM
I really want Australia to win, but I think Croatia will win 1-0 or something.

Brett.
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:16 AM
If Japan beat Brazil for 3-1 then Australia have to beat Croatia to claim the spot for round 16. But If Australia draw or beat Croatia and then Brazil beat Japan..... then Australia must face Brazil in the (i don't know what its called thought) draw.

Mattographer
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:40 AM
If Japan beat Brazil for 3-1 then Australia have to beat Croatia to claim the spot for round 16. But If Australia draw or beat Croatia and then Brazil beat Japan..... then Australia must face Brazil in the (i don't know what its called thought) draw.
No, you clearly don't following soccer :p

Either Croatia or Australia advance into next round and will face the runner up of Group E, which is either Czech Republic or Ghana. Most likely it will be Ghana. Yes, you can count Japan out already.

ozstyl
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:45 AM
I think we can win

Erika_Angel
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:42 AM

Either Croatia or Australia advance into next round and will face the runner up of Group E, which is either Czech Republic or Ghana. Most likely it will be Ghana. Yes, you can count Japan out already.

Japan can still make it ... you can't count them out. They won't, but they CAN.

matthias
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:06 AM
i hope australia can qualify for round of last 16
i love to see surprises
and noone expected australia there - so go Aussies

Prizeidiot
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:18 AM

Wait... why do the runners up in one group play the runners up in another group? That's a little unfair on the winners isn't it?

Mattographer
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Wait... why do the runners up in one group play the runners up in another group? That's a little unfair on the winners isn't it?
I know it sounds strange but that's how it works :o I prefer the winners in one group play runners up in other group.

Erika_Angel
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:45 AM

I know it sounds strange but that's how it works :o I prefer the winners in one group play runners up in other group.

No it doesn't, the runner up of Group F plays the winner of Group E (1E vs 2F).

The draw after the group round-robin is basically:

1A vs 2B
1C vs 2D

1E vs 2F
1G vs 2H

2A vs 1B
2C vs 1D

2E vs 1F
2G vs 1H

& Japan can still get 2nd in that group, although it is unlikely that they will. So it seems that YOU are the one who obviously doesn't follow football ;)

Prizeidiot
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:00 AM

1A vs 2B
1C vs 2D

1E vs 2F
1G vs 2H

2A vs 1B
2C vs 1D

2E vs 1F
2G vs 1H

& Japan can still get 2nd in that group, although it is unlikely that they will. So it seems that YOU are the one who obviously doesn't follow football ;)
Yeah... that's what I though... otherwise you'd have teams throwing matches all over the place.

TdF_DBLL
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Since 32 years ago, Australia has not qualified for round 16 for such a long time! Australia is in their best preparation to beat or to draw against Croatia to claim their spot for round 16.

Who will win?

They couldn't qualify for the round 16 the last 32 years cause the weren't playing at the WC. But now they have a big chance. Just draw against Croatia. Predicition 1-1...

Martian Stacey
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:27 AM

Who will win?

We never qualified for the round of 16 before :rolleyes: We never even scored a goal the only other time we made the world cup :o

Australia has a great chance, but i'm really scared we're going to lose this one :scared:

So close yet so far ;)

Pszczelny
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:29 AM
hopefully Croatia :scared:

FedExpress
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I think the Aussies will win because they have a good team and showed a good match against Brazil. Go Aussies :)

Hachiko
Jun 20th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Australia 1-0. I think people think we are really full of ourselves because we have such a high team spirit.

SloKid
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Come on Australia!

SloKid
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:06 PM
There are 5 players of Croatian roots playing for Australia and three players born and raised in Australia are playing for Croatia.

Mattographer
Jun 20th, 2006, 01:03 PM

1A vs 2B
1C vs 2D

1E vs 2F
1G vs 2H

2A vs 1B
2C vs 1D

2E vs 1F
2G vs 1H

Blame it to Daily Telegraph! :p At least it's all good now ;)

selyoink
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I think the Aussies will win because they have a good team and showed a good match against Brazil. Go Aussies :)

Croatia gave Brasil an even tougher challenge.

But I think it is really a toss up between Croatia and Australia. Croatia should probably win based off more experience and probably more talent. But that doesn't always mean anything.

KClijsters
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I think Australia will win that match.
They have a great team.
And I also hope that Australia wil win that match :)
Go Guus!! :bounce: :lol:

shirley
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:18 PM
http://www.webmaster-tool.co.uk/flag-animated/australia_flag.gif

I've yet to be impressed by Croatia in this tournament. I've been impressed by Australia. They played well against Brazil and didn't deserve to lose at all

Brett.
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:42 AM
Thank God that the World Cup didn't let Australia lose Harry Kewell! :) He survived! :)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:58 AM
Australia All The Way!!! :Bounce:

They will qualify with Brazil because:-
1) A draw is sufficient to qualify them (should Japan lose or draw).
2) Japan needs to score 2 or more goals to qualify if Australia draw... and I don't think Brazil will lay down and play dead for them.
3) Croatia blew their chance when they drew with Japan.
4) Guus Hiddink is a master gaffer, and he's now coaching Australia (ask Holland and S.Korea)

There you have it... oveerwhelming odds to qualify ;)

Cage
Jun 21st, 2006, 04:03 AM
Australia will win :D

Belco
Jun 21st, 2006, 09:06 AM
australia