PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera: Ain't no Other Man or Beyonce "DeJa Vu"! Summer hit of 2006!

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Which song will be the "hit" of Summer 2006, both songs are the shit, but sorry X-Tina, Beyonce is one bad bitch! :worship: :worship:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V8mPP-PSoMI&search=beyonce%20deja%20vu

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0HpkSVfVKwc&search=aint%20no%20other%20man

Ferosh
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:37 AM
"Ain't No Other Man" by far!!
Beyonce sucks.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Beyonce sucks.

Now thats the type of shit that makes me mad as hell. you don't make no statment's like that about B.

Ferosh
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Now thats the type of shit that makes me mad as hell. you don't make no statment's like that about B.

I just did! :p Seriously, Beyonce needs to have a little change up in her music. Same craptastic stuff all the time.

NyCPsU
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:46 AM
aint no other man is one of the most annoyin songs ever played on the radio
never heard deja vu yet, so i voted for that one because it cant be as bad as anom

Ferosh
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:47 AM
The real summer hit of 2006 will be "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado. Just wait until it hits radio and tv in the USA.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:49 AM
If she sucked, she wouldn't have lead Destiny's Child to becoming the biggest selling girl group of all time. She wouldn't have won 9 Grammy's. She is the shit, don't hate bitch!

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:51 AM
The real summer hit of 2006 will be "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado. Just wait until it hits radio and tv in the USA.

Now I know you have no taste in music, who the hell is Nelly Furtado! Please she'll be luckly to sell 3 million records! NEXT!

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:52 AM
None of the above?

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:52 AM
I may not like DeJa Vu but Ain't No Other Man is such a big pile of shit!!! It's so crap!!!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Now I know you have no taste in music, who the hell is Nelly Furtado! Please she'll be luckly to sell 3 million records! NEXT!

A song produced by Timbaland, the greatest producer in the world!!! It's great music!!!!

Ferosh
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:54 AM
If she sucked, she wouldn't have lead Destiny's Child to becoming the biggest selling girl group of all time. She wouldn't have won 9 Grammy's. She is the shit, don't hate bitch!

Don't even get me started on the Grammy's, they have absolutely no credibility with the dumbass choices they have made over the years. The only reason they are "the biggest selling girl group of all time" is because people with absolutely shit taste in music like yourself buy into all this crap. You're right she's the shit... a big ol' piece of shit.

Ferosh
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:57 AM

You made yourself sound absolutely stupid with the comment above. You're the one who has no taste in music if you don't even know who Nelly Furtado is. Your comments really don't surprise me at all, I've read a few of your posts in other threads and you sure do come off as stupid and incompetent of thought.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Yes and she was lame as hell on the Tonight show, Timberland has lost his damn mind with that whack ass shit! Cassie will have a bigger year than Nelly Furtado. Nobody can outperform Beyonce, no one has as much energy on stage as she does. She one of the few Whistle Blowers, along with Mariah, Whiney, Christina and others. Christina can't dance and her performances suck. Do I even have to say Mariah can't dance. Britney Spears could match Beyonce's energy on stage, but she really cant sing.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:01 AM
The sad part is, we're arguing about Christina and Beyonce and I guarantee you that stank ass, ugly, nasty, spoiled, whore, slut, BITCH Paris Hilton's song will out do everyone elses. It's going to be a hit.

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Yes and she was lame as hell on the Tonight show, Timberland has lost his damn mind with that whack ass shit! Cassie will have a bigger year than Nelly Furtado. Nobody can outperform Beyonce, no one has as much energy on stage as she does. She one of the few Whistle Blowers, along with Mariah, Whiney, Christina and others. Christina can't dance and her performances suck. Do I even have to say Mariah can't dance. Britney Spears could match Beyonce's energy on stage, but she really cant sing.

Since when does good dancing and lots and lots and lots and lots of energy = hit records?

Cassie will go the way of Ciara, Ashanti, Mario Winans, Ne-Yo etc, if she's even lucky. Nelly Furtado is back and the real deal.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Well very few people can sing a song such "Crazy in Love" that includes dancing, and can also perform and sing live, the national anthem of the United States, and Dangerously in Love. The famous solo musician in the world since Michael Jackson was Britney Spears, and she's none for her peformances more than her actual voice!

Kenny
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I like Beyonce --- pre Timmy--

But Aint no Other Man trumps Deja Vu.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Since when does good dancing and lots and lots and lots and lots of energy = hit records?

Cassie will go the way of Ciara, Ashanti, Mario Winans, Ne-Yo etc, if she's even lucky. Nelly Furtado is back and the real deal.

Unlike Nelly, Ciara, Ashanti, Mario, Ne-Yo have had a number 1 song in the U.S! S

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Unlike Nelly, Ciara, Ashanti, Mario, Ne-Yo have had a number 1 song in the U.S! S

And the hits keep on coming for Ashanti, Mario and Ne-Yo. :lol: U2 have never had a #1 single in the US either, but I bet they are a bunch of nobodies with no longetevity either, right?

I can't believe you are seriously arguing against Nelly Furtado. She's about to have a HUGE album - everyone I know loves "Promisicuous" and wants to buy her album. I can't wait to get her one day sales and projections on Wednesday for you. Instead of Christina and Beyonce, I think Nelly's singles will be ruling the airwaves and charts this summer.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:25 AM
No be silly, she doesn't have the star aura that Beyonce or Christina have! She will be lucky if she has one of the Top 15 Albums of the years.

harloo
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:56 AM
I just did! :p Seriously, Beyonce needs to have a little change up in her music. Same craptastic stuff all the time.

And X-tina is doing something different with "Ain't No Other Man"?:tape: :lol: She did the same type of song with Nelly last time out.:lol: When I first heard her new song I seriously thought it was a remix of that song. Intially, I didn't like it much until she performed it live on the MTV Movie Awards. Great performance.

"De Ja Vu" is defenitely a grower but I suspect it will be a summer hit. Beyonce is scheduled to open the BET Awards with her new single. If anybody can sell a song it's Beyonce so we will have to wait and see how receptive everyone is to the new single. ;)

Martian KC
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:02 AM
These horrible songs are to be considered the hits of the summer? What a sad year.

Brooks.
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:03 AM
"Ain't no other man" is the shit in my opinion...i love that song...there are so many good songs out right now but that's definitely my favorite...I think Christina's new album will outdo everybody when it comes out in august ..hopefully anom will be a number 1!

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:04 AM
No be silly, she doesn't have the star aura that Beyonce or Christina have! She will be lucky if she has one of the Top 15 Albums of the years.
Actually many people in the music industry considered Nelly's Furtado "Folklore" as one of the best albums of 2004 along with other artists such as Jill Scott and Goapele.

harloo
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:05 AM

Lots of energy and dancing is how most pop stars rack up hits because god knows most of them can't sing. Can we say Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Ashanti, Ciara, N sync, etc.....?

If Cassie manages to have another hit song her beauty will carry over because she cannot dance that great. She is fine as hell though.:lol:

BTW, I like the new Nelly Furtado but she isn't that great live. We went to see her twice and she was off pitch.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Oh BTW Mariah Carey is on Leno tonight, she's my girl! I can't wait till she surpassed the Beatles for the most number ones!

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Oh BTW Mariah Carey is on Leno tonight, she's my girl! I can't wait till she surpassed the Beatles for the most number ones!

"We Belong Together" was the song of the summer here in the States last summer. :worship:

Geisha
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Definitely Christina's song.

My Lord, Beyonce is so damn annoying. She's looked the same for twenty years. Christina is going to be around forever, as she's always changing her style of music and image. She's a true artist. Her voice is...wow!

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Well her song choice will decide if it will happen sooner. Say Something is not doing well on the charts at all while Fly Like a Bird continues to slowly make it's trek up the R&B charts.

G1Player2
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:18 AM
I'm not a big fan of Beyonce's song but I think it will grow on me. Man, I am not starstruck by ANY means of any celebrity, but Beyonce has always had a soft spot in my heart.

G1Player2
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Don't even get me started on the Grammy's, they have absolutely no credibility with the dumbass choices they have made over the years. The only reason they are "the biggest selling girl group of all time" is because people with absolutely shit taste in music like yourself buy into all this crap. You're right she's the shit... a big ol' piece of shit.

Oh please. I am sure that you were bumping "Independent Women," "Say My Name," "Bills, Bills, Bills," "Soldier," etc. behind the scenes and don't deny it. You might not like her, and that's okay, but don't deny the girl has SERIOUS talent.

G1Player2
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:24 AM

I love Nelly but I don't like the way she is whoring herself around in videos now. I actually really liked her last album but she has went a WHOLE new approach to sell records.

Geisha
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Oh please. I am sure that you were bumping "Independent Women," "Say My Name," "Bills, Bills, Bills," "Soldier," etc. behind the scenes and don't deny it. You might not like her, and that's okay, but don't deny the girl has SERIOUS talent.

I don't know if she has talent. I mean, her voice is mediocre compared to a lot of singers out there. But, she has some great songs, with and without Destiny's Child.

Bills, Bills, Bills
Say My Name
Survivor
Independent Women
Bootylicious
Lose My Breath

Baby Boy
Crazy In Love

G1Player2
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:27 AM
I don't know if she has talent. I mean, her voice is mediocre compared to a lot of singers out there. But, she has some great songs, with and without Destiny's Child.

Bills, Bills, Bills
Say My Name
Survivor
Independent Women
Bootylicious
Lose My Breath

Baby Boy
Crazy In Love

Fair enough. But you really think her voice is mediocre? I definitely beg to differ. She is one of the best singers out there compared to Ciara, Rhianna, etc.

Geisha
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:28 AM
I love Nelly but I don't like the way she is whoring herself around in videos now. I actually really liked her last album but she has went a WHOLE new approach to sell records.

Artists go through changes, and that is what makes them interesting, last longer, and give them experiences. I like a lot of her songs, like "Fly Like a Bird", "Try", and "Promiscuous".

Geisha
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Fair enough. But you really think her voice is mediocre? I definitely beg to differ. She is one of the best singers out there compared to Ciara, Rhianna, etc.

Ciara and Rihanna pale in comparison to Beyonce.

Beyonce is more of a vocalist performer, IMO. She is in the shadows of Christina and Mariah, for sure.

G1Player2
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Ciara and Rihanna pale in comparison to Beyonce.

Beyonce is more of a vocalist performer, IMO. She is in the shadows of Christina and Mariah, for sure.

Agreed. Beyonce can definitely sing but Mariah and Christina are in a league of her own. No way does Beyonce touch them in the vocal department. Beyonce may be close to Mariah now, but Christina is on another level.

harloo
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Artists go through changes, and that is what makes them interesting, last longer, and give them experiences. I like a lot of her songs, like "Fly Like a Bird", "Try", and "Promiscuous".

Nelly dabbled in hip hop and worked with Timberland last time. What makes what she's doing now so different?

What constitutes a change these days because honestly neither Christina, Beyonce, or Nelly has changed much?

X-tina dyed her hair again but that's about it.;)

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Well TLC continues to say they're the biggest selling girl group of all time, so someone isn't telling the truth there. Beyonce is a good songwriter but very overrated everywhere else. Her runs are very predictable. Her compositions are usually very predictable as well. She usually sings non-chorus parts in thirds and many times the more words and the faster the words are said the better. She ends off songs usually in minors.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:41 AM
am I the only one who thinks Xtina is overrated??

It sounds like she is regurgitating food every time she sings :shrug:

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:43 AM

Yea. I can't recall you liking many artists so I'm not sure this is suppose to be a surprise. :p

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:45 AM
You people know nothing about music, Chrisitina Aguilera doesn't have a better vocal performance than Beyonce's Dangerously in Love Grammy's 04.

harloo
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:48 AM

:haha: :haha: She can be a bit overrated, but I will say that Christina has a good voice. Some of her die hard fans thinks she's Madonna or something which is hilarious.

Brooks.
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Nelly dabbled in hip hop and worked with Timberland last time. What makes what she's doing now so different?

What constitutes a change these days because honestly neither Christina, Beyonce, or Nelly has changed much?

X-tina dyed her hair again but that's about it.;)

wait till Christina's cd comes out...it's gonna be a double disc and a whole new style for her

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:07 AM
You people know nothing about music, Chrisitina Aguilera doesn't have a better vocal performance than Beyonce's Dangerously in Love Grammy's 04.
Posting in a thread with you is like playing a game of UNO, sometimes you just want to skip you and other times you just want to reverse things. I think I'm going to use a reverse. I really think you know nothing about music. Christina Aguilera has had a vocal performance better than that annoyingly vocal but very good poem Dangerously in Love. Her performance was good but the only thing I remembered from her performance was Beyonce looking like a fool for a second because the dove was five seconds late. I guess maybe she shouldn't have tried to wow the crowd with her dove conguring skills.
Christina Aguilera's performance with Herbie Hancock was as show stopping as Beyonce's performance and she didn't have to use distractions to make that point. Herbie Hancock even commented afterwards that Christina is never off-key.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Christina's performance was boring, and Beyonce was so electric. It was the best performance of the twenty-century at the Grammy's until Mariahs latest performance of WBTG\Fly Like a Bird. Now thats a vocal for your ass, she took us to church.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Christina's performance was boring, and Beyonce was so electric. It was the best performance of the twenty-century at the Grammy's until Mariahs latest performance of WBTG\Fly Like a Bird. Now thats a vocal for your ass, she took us to church.
Uh huh. It was a boring performance yet the papers deemed it important to compare Christina and Britney immediately afterwards. :rolleyes: Supposedly the roles from skank to innocent were switched between them. Beyonce tried to bring down the house but the attempt fell short. I wil agree that Mariah has had one of the best performances of this decade. Btw, this is the 21st century.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:57 AM
She's talented in more than one area, damn she is hot shit! Do the dang thing Beyonce!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BykXcTSx3eA&search=beyonce
http://youtube.com/watch?v=duFgdHM8vyw&search=beyonce

Do it and Do it Well B!

VeeDaQueen
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:18 AM
both songs suck big time :lol: promiscuous is the beginning of summer hit!

rebel_ffighter
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Beyonce sucks.

I agree,I cant see why people find Beyonce talented or sexy,she does nothing to me (and I never likied one of her songs,not even a bit)

jenny161185
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Christina over Beyonces i think but im sure beyonces is a grower - I think Christinas great contantly reinventing and not afraid to change her style sound, same goes for Nelly Furtado Folklore was a great album but she couldnt really do a similar one again and wow maneater is amazing and number one over here I cant believe it hasn t been released in the us, forget about beyonce and chritsina thats going to be the real summer hit when you guys get it! p.s im going to USA for the first time ever on thursday wk and Im soooooooo excited!

Martian KC
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:58 AM

:worship: No, you're not.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 20th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Christina is a good singer, she just picked a horrible song to start her comeback. She should have chose something poppy and catchy, especially since she is coming back. Nobody likes the new jazz thing she is trying to do.

No Name Face
Jun 20th, 2006, 11:28 AM
I love Nelly but I don't like the way she is whoring herself around in videos now.

i do :eek: :drool:

new-york
Jun 20th, 2006, 11:32 AM

Don't know how you can blame her for that while having a soft spot for Beyoncé. :lol:
I love Beyoncé's voice but i don't like "déjà-vu" at all. Right now.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Don't hate bitchs, it will be the biggest song of the summer and a hit like all of her songs. Someone said "maneater" was going to be a hit, please that whack ass techno bullshit will only work in Europe! Her song with Timberland is much better, like I said she doesn't have the star aura and beauty to compete with Beyonce, Christina, Cassie. Cassie will have a better summer than Nelly. Those are just pop songs, We haven't heard Danity Kane yet, they will probably have a hit after the show airs, also the past few summer hits have been Rap songs. So it's not a done deal, but Beyonce is opening the BET Awards, so Deja Vu will debute in the Top 20 probably and slowly make it's wake to number 1.

4Cause Everything I see if You, And I don't want no substitue, Baby I think it's Deja VU :hearts:

Kunal
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:19 PM
dang....i need to start gettin back into the groove.....havent heard any of the two..

Kunal
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:22 PM
both of em have really good vocals...

but i think chirstina is way more experiment oriented as opposed to beyonce who prolly knows what works for her and usually sticks around that area of music.

christina is hell bent on trying diff things...many of which i havent really liked.

it'd be refreshing to see her chalk out a simple pop song

Cariaoke
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Christina's by far.

I love the new jazz thing she's doing. :drool:

Beyonce's sounds like "Crazy in Love" in a blender. :o

mc8114
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I voted for Beyoncé, for me that girl simply rocks.
I'm also a fan of Christina, but i find the whole jazz thing kind of boring. I prefer gennie in a bottle X-tina over dirty and jazzy X-tina.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Ain't No Other Man is no Dirry and Deja Vu is DEFINITELY no Crazy In Love. :tape:

But, I really like Ain't No Other Man. Beyonce sounds horrible on this record... I guess it can be made into a semi hit if she whores herself up enough in the video *cough*just like Check On It*cough*.

It'll be interesting to see how well Maneater does in the US... it just entered @ #1 here in the UK. I wonder what version will be released on the radio. The album version with the cool ending is my favourite and the Lil Wayne remix = :worship:

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Well, to answer your question: Beyonce's DEJA VU is after 7 days of ONLY airplay at 71 million audience. Christina's ANOM is after 18 days of radio airplay+ downloads at 60 million audience. DEJA VU is also the most requested song on ITunes, but it is not available for downloads yet. DEJA VU is also the greatest airplay gainer in three formats: POP, RHYTMIC AD URBAN. DEJA VU isn't even officially released to the radios yet, it will be on July 11th (so expect a BIG jump in airplay there). If I predict some things, if DEJA VU continues to gain like it does now, it will be number 1 by time BET AWARDS are here. We all know her performance is going to blow everyone away. Oh and not to mention the video, which will be out early July. The song is gaining the audience record breaking fast and it will probably set the record for the most played song EVER (www.billboard.com said that). So my answer is obviously Beyonce DEJA VU. Just watch.

And as far as the vocals are concerned: well, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Jay-z, Tina Turner, Whitney Houston, Pink have all said Beyonce is one of the best vocalists of our generation. If y'all had any idea about singing, y'all would know that Christina's voice will be gone by the time she is 30. When she is singing, she is using her vocal chords too much. But for the comparison, Beyonce is always vocally improving. Oh and not to mention that the Dreamgirls sountrack producer said he never heard anyone sing as good as Beyonce does.

Well, these are all facts, it is not possible for y'all to even discuss them.

But in the end, if someone has haters, that means he is successfull. Just watch when DEJA VU is number 1 and B'DAY sells like mad. Y'all will be hating even more.

In other words, Bee would say: LET'S GO GET 'EM.

SilK
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Badreps for everybody who hated on Nelly Furtado in this thread... don't mess with my gurl!

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Talk about baby, and these whack asses talking about Nelly Who the hell? Fertado lol1

SilK
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Talk about baby, and these whack asses talking about Nelly Who the hell? Fertado lol1

You're such an idiot.

If you recognise Beyoncé as a talented female in the industry, you can't deny Nelly to be one as well. :rolleyes:

kabuki
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Badreps for everybody who hated on Nelly Furtado in this thread... don't mess with my gurl!

You're such an idiot.

If you recognise Beyoncé as a talented female in the industry, you can't deny Nelly to be one as well. :rolleyes:

:tape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQtfNGq9pmI

Ferosh
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Christina's "Ain't No Other Man" Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX-qT9s-z6I

Cariaoke
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:09 PM

oh damn...

I saw her on "So You Think You Can Dance" and it was a little better.

Zhao
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Well, to answer your question: Beyonce's DEJA VU is after 7 days of ONLY airplay at 71 million audience. Christina's ANOM is after 18 days of radio airplay+ downloads at 60 million audience. DEJA VU is also the most requested song on ITunes, but it is not available for downloads yet. DEJA VU is also the greatest airplay gainer in three formats: POP, RHYTMIC AD URBAN. DEJA VU isn't even officially released to the radios yet, it will be on July 11th (so expect a BIG jump in airplay there). If I predict some things, if DEJA VU continues to gain like it does now, it will be number 1 by time BET AWARDS are here. We all know her performance is going to blow everyone away. Oh and not to mention the video, which will be out early July. The song is gaining the audience record breaking fast and it will probably set the record for the most played song EVER (www.billboard.com (http://www.billboard.com/) said that). So my answer is obviously Beyonce DEJA VU. Just watch.

i believe u r talking about audience impressions
in order to catch Mariah's WBT
this song has to be played at AC/HAC stations as well
unfortunately i don't see that happening

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:19 PM
i believe u r talking about audience impressions
in order to catch Mariah's WBT
this song has to be played at AC/HAC stations as well
unfortunately i don't see that happening

No, she doesn't need that. Downloads will help her.

Zhao
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:23 PM
No, she doesn't need that. Downloads will help her.

i have no doubt Bee will get her #1 soon with this song
but i was referring to what BB has stated as Deja Vu set the record for the most played song ever :p

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:26 PM
i have no doubt Bee will get her #1 soon with this song
but i was referring to what BB has stated as Deja Vu set the record for the most played song ever :p

I know that. But if COI got to 235 million audience with NO promotion and NO play on AC, then DV should do better.

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Well, to answer your question: Beyonce's DEJA VU is after 7 days of ONLY airplay at 71 million audience. Christina's ANOM is after 18 days of radio airplay+ downloads at 60 million audience. DEJA VU is also the most requested song on ITunes, but it is not available for downloads yet. DEJA VU is also the greatest airplay gainer in three formats: POP, RHYTMIC AD URBAN. DEJA VU isn't even officially released to the radios yet, it will be on July 11th (so expect a BIG jump in airplay there). If I predict some things, if DEJA VU continues to gain like it does now, it will be number 1 by time BET AWARDS are here. We all know her performance is going to blow everyone away. Oh and not to mention the video, which will be out early July. The song is gaining the audience record breaking fast and it will probably set the record for the most played song EVER (www.billboard.com said that). So my answer is obviously Beyonce DEJA VU. Just watch.

And as far as the vocals are concerned: well, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Jay-z, Tina Turner, Whitney Houston, Pink have all said Beyonce is one of the best vocalists of our generation. If y'all had any idea about singing, y'all would know that Christina's voice will be gone by the time she is 30. When she is singing, she is using her vocal chords too much. But for the comparison, Beyonce is always vocally improving. Oh and not to mention that the Dreamgirls sountrack producer said he never heard anyone sing as good as Beyonce does.

Well, these are all facts, it is not possible for y'all to even discuss them.

But in the end, if someone has haters, that means he is successfull. Just watch when DEJA VU is number 1 and B'DAY sells like mad. Y'all will be hating even more.

In other words, Bee would say: LET'S GO GET 'EM.

That's a shame. I like all of Beyonce's other solo singles better, and it's too bad this could be her biggest hit yet.

It's not a surprise Beyonce is doing well at radio - her song appeals to multiple formats (Pop, Urban, Rhythmic), whereas Christina is really limited to the Pop format - I can't really see any other format embracing this song.

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Cassie will have a better summer than Nelly.

US Hot 100:

"Promiscuous" = #2
"Me and You" = #8

UK:
"Maneater" = #1
Cassie = N/A

Who the hell is really going to buy the Cassie album anyway? :lol:

jenny161185
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM
lol in the end its opinion anyway!!! hell Micheal Jackson - beat it could be re released and be my summer anthem :)

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
lol in the end its opinion anyway!!! hell Micheal Jackson - beat it could be re released and be my summer anthem :)

Well Beyonce is using a sample from Michael Jackson song.

Ferosh
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
US Hot 100:

"Promiscuous" = #2
"Me and You" = #8

UK:
"Maneater" = #1
Cassie = N/A

Who the hell is really going to buy the Cassie album anyway? :lol:

:haha:

Joana
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM

Now that's just terrible. Why, Nelly, why? :sad:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Hey don't diss Cassie!!!

Her songs are hot!!

Wait until she releases Long Way To Go!!!! :worship:

Geisha
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Posting in a thread with you is like playing a game of UNO, sometimes you just want to skip you and other times you just want to reverse things. I think I'm going to use a reverse. I really think you know nothing about music. Christina Aguilera has had a vocal performance better than that annoyingly vocal but very good poem Dangerously in Love. Her performance was good but the only thing I remembered from her performance was Beyonce looking like a fool for a second because the dove was five seconds late. I guess maybe she shouldn't have tried to wow the crowd with her dove conguring skills.
Christina Aguilera's performance with Herbie Hancock was as show stopping as Beyonce's performance and she didn't have to use distractions to make that point. Herbie Hancock even commented afterwards that Christina is never off-key.

OK, I definitely agree with you.

Some people are choosing one performance to base who is a better singer. I mean, the Grammy Awards in '04 was one of the biggest award shows, especially for the Grammys. Justin Timberlake beat Christina Aguilera for the Best Pop Vocal Album. Is that ridiculous or what?

The Beyonce performance was nice, as was her Prince performance, but let's be real. That song is quite easy to sing if you are a practiced singer. Not only was Christina's performance more soulful, a lot of it was sung without music, and she didn't need to 'wow' the crowd with outrageous bird-catching antics.

SilK
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpEVStcd-js&search=nelly%20furtado

:ras:

Don't be like that...

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:26 PM
DIL is easy to sing? I swear that some of y'all are mad. This song has elements of opera in it, and it is damn hard. I have NEVER seen a song with so complicated notes and melismas. Beautiful is much easier to sing. And Beyonce was the highlight: people were talking about her months after that. It is a DAMN shame that y'all can't approve her talent, when it is obvious what she posesses.

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:28 PM
The sad part is there talking about some NO BODY!

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:40 PM
OK, I definitely agree with you.

Some people are choosing one performance to base who is a better singer. I mean, the Grammy Awards in '04 was one of the biggest award shows, especially for the Grammys. Justin Timberlake beat Christina Aguilera for the Best Pop Vocal Album. Is that ridiculous or what?

The "Pop Vocal album" or "Best female pop vocal performance" awards etc are not awarded based on the actual vocals. ;) It's simply to distinguish between instrumental and non-instrumental songs. :)

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:42 PM
The sad part is there talking about some NO BODY!

I know, but you were the one who brought up Cassie. ;)

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:01 PM
DIL is easy to sing? I swear that some of y'all are mad. This song has elements of opera in it, and it is damn hard. I have NEVER seen a song with so complicated notes and melismas. Beautiful is much easier to sing. And Beyonce was the highlight: people were talking about her months after that. It is a DAMN shame that y'all can't approve her talent, when it is obvious what she posesses.
Beyonce knowledge of music compositions is immense. Her singing Dangerously in Love isn't really that complicated for her. It's just funny that such a women with so much knowledge of music continues to play safe when it comes to her arrangements while one without much knowledge continues not to. I don't remember anyone talking about Christina's "Beautiful" in this thread. By the way, any women who sings with Prince has their star quality magnified. Remember Sheila E??? :p

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I see where you are coming from, but still I don't agree. Beyonce will have a live band with her on her next tour. She will have an album with live instruments on. That is sth new and challenging. And lets wait for new performances before we say she is going a safe road.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I see where you are coming from, but still I don't agree. Beyonce will have a live band with her on her next tour. She will have an album with live instruments on. That is sth new and challenging. And lets wait for new performances before we say she is going a safe road.
Wait for new performances? I've listened to Beyonce talk about her ass, diss men, or talk about being with men for eight years now. Haven't I waited enough? Working with live instruments is something most Soul artists do. It just seems that Beyonce is late in that department.

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Wait for new performances? I've listened to Beyonce talk about her ass, diss men, or talk about being with men for eight years now. Haven't I waited enough? Working with live instruments is something most Soul artists do. It just seems that Beyonce is late in that department.

Whatever. You are hopeless. Then Don't buy her records and stop listening to her. If you hate her, why do you have to be in here? Is it even worth your time? :o

The_Pov
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Christina's song sucks balls, it's crap!

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Whatever. You are hopeless. Then Don't buy her records and stop listening to her. If you hate her, why do you have to be in here? Is it even worth your time? :o
That's all you got? Whatever? :rolleyes: I don't hate her. She's just annoying and overrated. I'm not the only one who believes this either. I'm in here because other artists were discussed other than Beyonce? I've never said she wasn't talented. She's one of the best songwriters out there when she puts her mind to it. I just find her vocals very repetitive.

The_Pov
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:12 PM

Yeah but all female singers sing about the same thing.

<!Society!>
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:25 PM
christina aguilera sounds like a suffocating budgie.

Beyonce wins hands down - and who made that dumb ass comment before about furtado's song being great because 'timberland' was involved.....that means fuck all.

<!Society!>
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:27 PM

Dangerously in love is easily one of the greatest songs from beyonce, and quite possibly one of the greatest ballads ive heard in a long time. From the way she sings it to the words, genius.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:35 PM
christina aguilera sounds like a suffocating budgie.

Beyonce wins hands down - and who made that dumb ass comment before about furtado's song being great because 'timberland' was involved.....that means fuck all.

Did you actually hear both songs yet. :retard:

It seems you're the one making the dumb ass comments in here... you really think song production means fuck all. :tape:

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:39 PM
That's all you got? Whatever? :rolleyes: I don't hate her. She's just annoying and overrated. I'm not the only one who believes this either. I'm in here because other artists were discussed other than Beyonce? I've never said she wasn't talented. She's one of the best songwriters out there when she puts her mind to it. I just find her vocals very repetitive.

Have you heard WOMAN LIKE ME?

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Dangerously in love is easily one of the greatest songs from beyonce, and quite possibly one of the greatest ballads ive heard in a long time. From the way she sings it to the words, genius.

AMEN.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Have you heard WOMAN LIKE ME?
No. That would mean me watching the Pink Panther movie which I refused to watch. Plus it's not even on the Pink Panther Soundtrack. Then again I would hope that the movie producers wouldn't give into pressure from Beyonce and make the Soundtrack a preview of her album. I mean she already did that twice with Destiny Child. To use another project like that to get more sales wouldn't be very good idea. It's kinda selfish. She might actually run into these people she worked with later on.
Although she did do that through most of the "Fighting Temptations". I guess some things never change.

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:02 PM
No. That would mean me watching the Pink Panther movie which I refused to watch. Plus it's not even on the Pink Panther Soundtrack. Then again I would hope that the movie producers wouldn't give into pressure from Beyonce and make the Soundtrack a preview of her album. I mean she already did that twice with Destiny Child. To use another project like that to get more sales wouldn't be very good idea. She might actually run into these people she worked with later on.

Well, the song was on the DVD and it got quite a good airplay. I can post if 4 ya, if you want to. By my opinion, it's one of the best vocal jazzy souly songs I have ever heard.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 12:41 AM
Oh Jesus needs to come and lay hands on this messageboard. All we do is Fight, Fight, Fight! When was the last time everyone went to church!

jenny161185
Jun 21st, 2006, 12:45 AM
lol im off to church - and hwoever put up that youtube Vid of Nelly Furtado singing to say shes bad is quite stupid as shes quite good and shes you can sing a song without trying to be as high as you possibly can throughout!

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 12:53 AM
I'm sorry I just find her to be average, and she's trying to sex it up to compete with the better artists. This album is a year too old. The two songs we have discussed are very average, and Timberlands worst song in a few years.

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:11 AM
I'm sorry I just find her to be average, and she's trying to sex it up to compete with the better artists. This album is a year too old. The two songs we have discussed are very average, and Timberlands worst song in a few years.

Because Beyonce, Christina and Mariah (I love her to death) haven't sexed up their images to compete?

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:15 AM

Nothing that has been done by Beyonce could possibly surpass the work that Nelly Furtado did on her album "Folklore."

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:17 AM

erm have you heard of Justin Timberlake!! Timbaland should never work with someone as average as him!!!

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:24 AM
Nothing that has been done by Beyonce could possibly surpass the work that Nelly Furtado did on her album "Folklore."

I have "Whoa, Nelly" and "Loose"; I need to go get "Folklore" ASAP! :)

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:33 AM

Again tell me when Nelly:

Sells over 50 million albums
Is the lead singer of the biggest selling female group of all time
Wins 9 Grammy's
Opens the biggest music awards ceremoney in the world, with a legend(Prince)
Sings the National Anthem at the SuperBowl
Performs three songs at the Oscars
Has more than 1 #1 song in the largest market in the world
Has a leading role in two movies that primere at #1
Produces an anticipated clothing line
Spokes person for Pepsi, Loreal, Tommy Hilfiger :worship: :worship:

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:38 AM

Wins 9 Grammy's
Opens the biggest music awards ceremoney in the world, with a legend(Prince)

There's a difference between artistic merit and commercial merit, which is the point Dementrova was trying to make.

kabuki
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpEVStcd-js&search=nelly%20furtado

:ras:

Don't be like that...

:hug: :D

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:51 AM

Record companies a notorious for exaggerating record sales. She might have shipped 50 millions but she most certainly did not sell no 50 million.

Being the lead singer means jack shit. "Biggest selling female group" does not mean "the best female group." The Supremes, and TLC are better by far.

Wins 9 Grammy's Grammy's have zero credibility. It's just a popularity contest, and most of the time record companies just "buy" the votes.

Opens the biggest music awards ceremoney in the world, with a legend(Prince) What's a ceremoney?

She's not the only artist in the history of the Superbowl to sing the national anthem. :retard:

That was a crime and a slap in the face to the original performers. She butchered all those songs. A desperate attempt by the academy to get more viewers.

Not the only artist to accomplish that feat!

It's called the casting couch. She sure as hell did not get those roles for her acting skills... more like her oral skills. All her films have been reviewed poorly. She's no Cher!

I work in the fashion industry and I can tell you that it is not anticipated. Have you seen Tina Knowles' designs? :barf: They should be sold at your nearest k-mart locations.

Nelly is currently being featured in Verizon Wireless commercials and has been featured as a model in a fashion line.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:00 AM
Lol someones bitter, please Beyonce is one of the most beautiful women of all time. You're just jealous Nelly's resume isn't 1\3rd as glamerous as B's! God Bless Nelly and her lame fans!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyonce

mboyle
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:02 AM
I used to like Christina...but this new song is really aweful IMHO.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:02 AM
Beyonce is the third most successful female musician (active) behind Mariah Carey and Britney Spears in the world.

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:05 AM
Lol someones bitter, please Beyonce is one of the most beautiful women of all time. You're just jealous Nelly's resume isn't 1\3rd as glamerous as B's! God Bless Nelly and her lame fans!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyonce

Please, Beyonce is like a cheese burger away from being too fat. Don't let those photoshoped pictures fool you. I don't trust wikipedia, it can be updated to includ any information by fools and retards like you.

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:06 AM
Beyonce is the third most successful female musician (active) behind Mariah Carey and Britney Spears in the world.

She is not more successful than Madonna, Cher, etc.

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:12 AM

Madonna? Whitney Houston? Celine Dion? Janet Jackson?

Keep in mind, also, that "Beyonce" and "Destiny's Child" are two seperate entities.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:13 AM
Well Madonna is active but she's a legend(Though she needs to seat her tired old ass down somewhere) , so i'm not including her. Cher is not active. The way things are going for Britney, Beyonce will surpass her.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:15 AM
Again I said ACTIVE, like said above Madonna, Cher, Celion, Janet are already legends. Now in saying that NOBODY is better than Janet Jackson of the 90's, maybe Mariah.

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:15 AM
Well Madonna is active but she's a legend(Though she needs to seat her tired old ass down somewhere) , so i'm not including her. Cher is not active. The way things are going for Britney, Beyonce will surpass her.

LMAO you aren't including her because she's a legend? Oh dear. :tape:

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:16 AM
Again I said ACTIVE, like said above Madonna, Cher, Celion, Janet are already legends. Now in saying that NOBODY is better than Janet Jackson of the 90's, maybe Mariah.

LOL and since when are these singers not "active"?! It's not like they've been out of the scene for 15 years! Active or not, they've all still sold much more than Beyonce friggin Knowles.

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:18 AM
Well Madonna is active but she's a legend(Though she needs to seat her tired old ass down somewhere) , so i'm not including her. Cher is not active. The way things are going for Britney, Beyonce will surpass her. Again I said ACTIVE, like said above Madonna, Cher, Celion, Janet are already lessons. Now in saying that NOBODY is better than Janet Jackson of the 90's, maybe Mariah.

The only tired thing here are your bullshit posts and excuses. Cher is not touring but she is not retired. Face it, all of those artists except for Britney, are head and shoulders above Beyonce. You just want to use their legendary status as an excuse to make Beyonce look good. In the end it just looks desperate.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:20 AM
Beyonce is well on her way to being a legend. Her career is already legendary. Honestly, Madonna is so overrated, I've always prefered Janet to Madonna.

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:21 AM
Beyonce is well on her way to being a legend. Her career is already legendary. Honestly, Madonna is so overrated, I've always prefered Janet to Madonna.

That's what people like you said about Tiffany and Debbie Gibson in the 80s, too. :lol:

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:23 AM
Also, Madonna has not had that much success in the U.S the past few years. American Life was a total flop. Confessons didn't do that great. She had two top ten songs, but when was the last U.s number 1 for Madonna?

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:25 AM
Also, Madonna has not had that much success in the U.S the past few years. American Life was a total flop. Confessons didn't do that great. She had two top ten songs, but when was the last U.s number 1 for Madonna?

Let's see how many records sold and #1 hits Beyonce has 20+ years after her debut. Then we'll talk.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:25 AM
I'm sorry but as a gay black man, I've never been obsessed with Madonna. She only appeals to white gay men for the most part. Janet has always been more appealing for me.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:26 AM
Do you guys watch Big Brother?

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:27 AM

But every single one of her show is always a complete sell-out.

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:27 AM
I'm sorry but as a gay black man, I've never been obsessed with Madonna. She only appeals to white gay men for the most part. Janet has always been more appealing for me.

Now it's a black/white issue?

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:28 AM
Do you guys watch Big Brother?

You've given up already? :rolleyes:

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:31 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like her and she's talented. However, I think she's overrated and I'm struggling to think of a song better than Janets. Janet destroys any Madonna album in my opinion!

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:32 AM
Speaking of flops, "Damita Jo" really did well.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:33 AM
No i'm not finished, but we argue over the most retarded issues, and Big Brother is very good and every always takes the side of the two groups. The housemate that shares the most similar personalitiy as I do, would be the great Marcellas. His ass better be in the house.

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:33 AM
Speaking of flops, "Damita Jo" really did well.

No kidding! :o

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:35 AM
Rightfully so, it sucked ass. Though we all know we were shaking our ass to "All Nite" in the clubs.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:35 AM
Actually Madonna broke the record for most number one dance songs from one album with American Life.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:38 AM
We've already had it out about Dance charts! We're not going to go there again!

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like her and she's talented. However, I think she's overrated and I'm struggling to think of a song better than Janets. Janet destroys any Madonna album in my opinion!
They're two different entities. Madonna in the last ten years has gone on a full on Europe dance sound. To sell that back in the states and actually go platinum is pretty amazing. Janet has gone back to her R&B roots but has also embraced an house sound as well. That's also not the easiest sound to sell. They're both continuing to evolve as artists even in their fourties.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:43 AM
LMAO, Beyoncé is a hamburger away from being fat :tape:

Beyoncé is one of the hottest women in the world!!! And she still looks hot with some meat on her bones. And that ass :drool:

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:44 AM
Ok I never said Madonna wasn't good, her type of music just doesn't get played at the clubs I drop it like it's hot at. :) She was hot at the VMA's 2003 though!

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:44 AM
Ok I never said Madonna wasn't good, her type of music just doesn't get played at the clubs I drop it like it's hot at. :) She was hot at the VMA's 2003 though!

Please let me know where you go. So I can stay far, far away.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:45 AM
You're a gay black man? Seriously? That's appauling. When I try to understand why most of the world hates Americans, I think of you. You're overbearing and your generalizations are similar to hearing nails on a chalkboard.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:47 AM
Speaking of the differences of black and white gay men. I watched the most disturbing interacial porn flick last night. It had like 6 black homo'thugs'(Don't even ask) gangbanging these Madonna's\Pete\Liberal\A&F white guys. It was so funny, and it looked like they went to West Hollywood and picked out the two white actors.

J-Baby
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:52 AM
You're a gay black man? Seriously? That's appauling. When I try to understand why most of the world hates Americans, I think of you. You're overbearing and your generalizations are similar to hearing nails on a chalkboard.

Well i'm more liberal than you might think but I have the typical fighting American spirit(That other liberals lack or dislike) Basically I talk a boat load of shit, and i'll blast your ass. Which may come off as being the ugly American. You better believe I will be the first person in line in 2008, voting Democrat. :worship:

Ferosh
Jun 21st, 2006, 03:02 AM
I have "Whoa, Nelly" and "Loose"; I need to go get "Folklore" ASAP! :)

It's a must have album. :bowdown:

mapaliey
Jun 21st, 2006, 07:58 AM
folklore still the best OF NELLY FURTADO...i like grasss,one trick pony.....FORCA

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 21st, 2006, 08:31 AM
I like Nelly. Her new album is bananas, it is simply amazing.

But c'mon people, her solo career still doesn't match Beyonce's solo career. I mean why do some of y'all have the need to hate on Bee? She hasn't done anything to you. Really. It is OK if you don't like her, but y'all are hating. How can y'all hate on someone who you don't know personally? I mean it is childish and stupid. I respect opinions, but I hate if someone is hateful.

With that said, facts are facts. Grammys are still the most prestigious award show on the planet and Bee has 9 of them.
She sold 11 million with DIL (SOURCE: columbia records) and over 50 million with DC. For some reason, I think she will outsell DC with her solo career.
Yes, many artists have sung National Anthem, but many people think Bee's and Whitney's version was the best. They both sung their asses off.

Lets not take anything away from anyone. Beyonce worked so hard for what she has. To say she is overrated is a lie, because she deserves all the attention she gets. She is beautiful and super-talented. That is a fact.

tommyk75
Jun 21st, 2006, 09:04 AM
I must say, I like a lot of songs by both artists, but the current two really don't stand out to me. If I had to pick one, I'd go with "Deja Vu," as it's at least tolerable, while I listened to "Ain't No Other Man" twice (the second time just to confirm my first impression) and hope to never hear it again. Still, I bet there will be better songs on their upcoming CDs.

mapaliey
Jun 21st, 2006, 11:47 AM
I like Nelly. Her new album is bananas, it is simply amazing.

But c'mon people, her solo career still doesn't match Beyonce's solo career. I mean why do some of y'all have the need to hate on Bee? She hasn't done anything to you. Really. It is OK if you don't like her, but y'all are hating. How can y'all hate on someone who you don't know personally? I mean it is childish and stupid. I respect opinions, but I hate if someone is hateful.

With that said, facts are facts. Grammys are still the most prestigious award show on the planet and Bee has 9 of them.
She sold 11 million with DIL (SOURCE: columbia records) and over 50 million with DC. For some reason, I think she will outsell DC with her solo career.
Yes, many artists have sung National Anthem, but many people think Bee's and Whitney's version was the best. They both sung their asses off.

Lets not take anything away from anyone. Beyonce worked so hard for what she has. To say she is overrated is a lie, because she deserves all the attention she gets. She is beautiful and super-talented. That is a fact.

i hate GRAMMY...... :rolleyes:

EMANCIPATION OF MIMI lost TO U2 ALBUM WHO ONLY SELL 1/3 MIMI ALBUM....
AND WINNING MACY GRAY AS POP SINGER...I THINK SHE SOUL R&B......

mc8114
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:08 PM
AND WINNING MACY GRAY AS POP SINGER...I THINK SHE SOUL R&B.....

Yes, that just wasn't right. Emancipation of Mimi should have won, they just gave it to U2 'cause they are U2.

Veritas
Jun 21st, 2006, 01:13 PM

AND WINNING MACY GRAY AS POP SINGER...I THINK SHE SOUL R&B......

I'm more peeved the "professionals" at the Grammies voted Coldplay for the "Song of the Year" award over Beyonce's "Crazy In Love", which was far more interesting and innovative to listen to.

But then again, what else can we expect from alternative-wannabes who try their darnest to "go against the grain"? :rolleyes: Btw, I was referring to those who voted Coldplay as well.

Becool
Jun 21st, 2006, 03:46 PM
WOW!!
Who even mentioned Cassie?! She's a horrible singer.. she's only gorgeous... The girl is sooooo overhyped..

mapaliey
Jun 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM
Yes, that just wasn't right. Emancipation of Mimi should have won, they just gave it to U2 'cause they are U2.

i think it's not because u2 but it's because BONO.. he has a big..very big influence in music industry....BONO has a BIG power in music INDUSTRy..I hATE U2....

Williams Rulez
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:48 PM
Janet is gonna show these girls who's queen... :p

Janet is gonna produce the summer hit of 2006!!!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3471/callonmepromo5pb.jpg

Williams Rulez
Jun 22nd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Beyonce is the third most successful female musician (active) behind Mariah Carey and Britney Spears in the world.tt is most certainly not right..

SilK
Jun 22nd, 2006, 02:49 PM
:hug: :D

look at us spreading the love in between all these fighting bitches! :D :hug:

SilK
Jun 22nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
I really hate Janet's new song... :o :help: :o

tommyk75
Jun 22nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Yup, I heard Janet's new song, and it was even worse than "Ain't No Other Man." It's not all Janet's fault, though. Nelly must have the most annoying voice EVER... Like with Beyonce and Christina, I have hope that their CD's will contain much better songs. That was the case with Madonna; I didn't care too much for "Hung Up," but the CD was overall excellent (LOVED "Sorry," "Jump," and "Get Together").

Geisha
Jun 23rd, 2006, 05:03 AM
Yup, I heard Janet's new song, and it was even worse than "Ain't No Other Man." It's not all Janet's fault, though. Nelly must have the most annoying voice EVER... Like with Beyonce and Christina, I have hope that their CD's will contain much better songs. That was the case with Madonna; I didn't care too much for "Hung Up," but the CD was overall excellent (LOVED "Sorry," "Jump," and "Get Together").

WOW. I thought Hung Up and Sorry were the best songs on the album - and even that Indian one.

Becool
Jun 23rd, 2006, 03:44 PM
Call On Me = Dilemma Pt II

No Name Face
Jun 23rd, 2006, 03:48 PM

suck it in, janet!
suck it in!

anyway, she looks sick in that picture :tape:

**Jelica**
Jun 23rd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Xtina is back! Vamos, vamos!

shirley
Jun 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Christina :)

Brooks.
Jun 23rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Christina's album is gonna be the shit....I just listened to "Candy Man" and "Slow down baby" ....SDB is the shit! I can't wait for this to come out!!!!

harloo
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Nelly's new album ,"Loose" is awesome. I haven't stopped listening to it. Great work.

harloo
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:50 PM

Janet is looking so sexy for a 40 year old woman. I like the new single. She's gonna blow up this time.

Damita Jo was actually a good album, but the Superbowl fiasco hurt her sales.

harloo
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:59 PM

You are correct. Her music is most likely played at gay clubs. She isn't played at hip hop based clubs where you drop it like it's hot.:lol:

What sickens me about the whole Madonna fan drivel is the fact that they think she is GOD. Honestly I liked some Madonna songs back in the day but I don't see her as the best female artist to ever live. Madge recieved most of her attention from antics which doesn't necessarily mean that she is great.

:o

swissmisshingis
Jun 25th, 2006, 05:22 AM
I love them both but i love Xtina's song better.

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Bitchonce is getting smashed. :lol:

Becool
Jun 25th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Deja Vu after a few listen, you get tired of it...
X-tina's song after the video, it just grew on me.. I'd stick with the white one

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 25th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Bitchonce is getting smashed. :lol:

HAHA, maybe here, but the charts speak differently. Beyonce is the one who broke Michael Jackson's record for the biggest opening radio airplay week, and she is still gaining strongly. She was the one who debuted at #15 on the radio charts, CA debuted at #45.

HAHA, the answer to your question is almost answered. Once downloads are up, there is no stopping. Beyonce will be number 1 and get over it. U little FUCK.

SilK
Jun 25th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Beyoncé fans are a little scary, really... :scared:

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Beyoncé fans are a little scary, really... :scared:
They're freaks. Who else would like that skank? :scared:

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Bee or X?... I'll go with Miss Jackson.

mapaliey
Jun 25th, 2006, 12:53 PM
MUAHAHAHAHA you are the most miserable and pathetic person I have ever seen to live. U don't deserve to be called a human being. U ugly mothafuckin troll. :devil:

bad report...bad report...bad report...bad report..... :mad: