PDA

View Full Version : Question to gay posters from straight male

manu
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Hi guys!

I was just wondering about some silly little curiosity that popped into my head. In the assumption that generally, gay guys are often thought (by a lot of women) to be the prettiest, most sensitive, etc. men, here's my question:

Suppose you meet this girl who doesn't know you're gay (yet) and is really starting to like you, how do you feel about it? Does that just flatter you (you just take it as a compliment even though you know you won't be able to feel the same about her), kind of turn you on (like what'd very possibly happen to a straight guy ;) ) or would it make you feel bad/kind of guilty (because soon you'd probably have to disappoint her) or leave you totally indifferent (or something else)?

It just interests me how gay guys feel about female attention towards them. lol :) Apologies if this question sounds a little weird to say the least or even totally silly... Just curious :)

SilK
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Frustrates me that she is a not a guy, because I am scared shitless of pussy...

No good gay men out there, so women who fall for me, frustrate me. Bitches! :rolleyes:

Libertango
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
No girl as ever met me and not known I was gay.....;) :p :tape:

LoveFifteen
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM
It doesn't flatter me, turn me on, or make me feel guilty. It usually makes me feel uncomfortable in the same way that it would probably make you feel if a gay men fell for you.

LoveFifteen
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:09 PM
No good gay men out there

You should move to another place because there are lots of quality gay men out there.

manu
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:12 PM
It doesn't flatter me, turn me on, or make me feel guilty. It usually makes me feel uncomfortable in the same way that it would probably make you feel if a gay men fell for you.

Hmm, yeah, I can see what you're saying. But I think I'd still be flattered if a gay guy would fall in love with me, I don't think it'd matter to me who'd fall in love with me (which isn't meant in a disrespectful way towards gay people at all!), I think it'd always in some sort of way flatter me too, besides that uncomfortable feeling...

LoveFifteen
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Hmm, yeah, I can see what you're saying. But I think I'd still be flattered if a gay guy would fall in love with me, I don't think it'd matter to me who'd fall in love with me (which isn't meant in a disrespectful way towards gay people at all!), I think it'd always in some sort of way flatter me too, besides that uncomfortable feeling...

Well, it's flattering if you can tell a total stranger has the hots for you, but it's super awkward when someone that you're friends with suddenly falls in love with you. I do feel flattered if some random girl I meet seems to be attracted to me, but it's so frustrating when new female friends of mine started falling for me, and I hadn't been able to tell them I was gay yet.

Darop.
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Feel flattered and kinda sad for her, in my head I just think "if only you knew :devil: "

manu
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Well, it's flattering if you can tell a total stranger has the hots for you, but it's super awkward when someone that you're friends with suddenly falls in love with you. I do feel flattered if some random girl I meet seems to be attracted to me, but it's so frustrating when new female friends of mine started falling for me, and I hadn't been able to tell them I was gay yet.

Yeah, I know the feeling! (having a female friend fall in love with you and not feeling the same about her) I guess that's just always frustrating, not being able to respond to anyone's love... Though of course for you guys there's the extra burden of having to tell her that you're gay, which is I guess the same as saying that nothing will ever happen between you too, which isn't the case for a guy like me... Although that can be more frustrating for the girl I guess, as she could keep false hopes by falling in love with a straight guy as opposed to a gay guy...

LoveFifteen
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Well, I think now it's my turn to post a "Question to straight posters from gay male" ...

Question: Will you please post naked pictures of yourself? Thanks! :angel:

manu
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Well, I think now it's my turn to post a "Question to straight posters from gay male" ...

Question: Will you please post naked pictures of yourself? Thanks! :angel:

LOL:lol: Uhm, I don't even have any! (not that I was willing to return you the favour in THAT way :p *or lots of other ways you might have in mind without wanting to insult or spur on your imagination any further*:o :angel: ) Okay, I'll just shut up ;) Thanks for replying! I hope that's a bit of a return :)

hingisGOAT
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:02 AM
it's not even that flattering. well, for me anyway. i'll smile and say thanks and maybe even blush, but it's just a meaningless compliment, since girls and guys tend to have different tastes

Scotso
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:17 AM
It's flattering.

charmedRic
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Flattering. Although I do feel bad to dissapoint.

Shenanigans
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:52 AM

I am with you, it happened to me a couple of times but I was completely oblivious/igonorant to it cause I think to myself this is someone I am getting along with and feel comfortable with. Forgetting that although I know I am gay they don't and you don't really pick up the same signals from girls if they are attracted to you as you do with men, cause gay men seem to be less subtle about it.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 20th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I get hit on by a lot of girls...but its because they think im str8. I'm just flattered by it...sometimes I flirt back just to be cute, but I dont holla (date) any of em. I was at a fast food place yesterday and a crew of girls working asked if was married, had any kids, or had a girlfriend....after I said no...to all I would think they would catch the hint lol.

Brett.
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:58 AM
I get hit on by a lot of girls...but its because they think im str8. I'm just flattered by it...sometimes I flirt back just to be cute, but I dont holla (date) any of em. I was at a fast food place yesterday and a crew of girls working asked if was married, had any kids, or had a girlfriend....after I said no...to all I would think they would catch the hint lol.

LOL Some girls who works at Macca asked me that too but i said "How you doing?" is to just to make them even happier and even get luckier that i pretend to like them hehehe! ;)

If any girls that i know very well and if they do like me alots, I would tell them that I'm gay and also tell them that i'm sure that there is alots of guys out there that they could date for!

Cheers!

meyerpl
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:16 AM
If you guys don't quit joking around, I'm going to start thinking some of you really are gay.

Brett.
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:27 AM
We aren't joking around!

meyerpl
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:32 AM
We aren't joking around!
I was.

Brett.
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Then you should blame youself! ;)

meyerpl
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Then you should blame youself! ;)
I don't get it.....you lost me.

CanadianBoy21
Jun 21st, 2006, 07:30 PM
Yesterday I had a lecture and this girl is staring at me. It's so obvious, not like she was trying not to stare. You take notice when someone stares at you. Anyway, she was wearing a short dress, and there was lots of leg and what not. I just turnd around though and totally forgot about her. She eventually left :lol: (I doubt she was there for the lecture, haha). She is also in my other course and always talks with the hottest guy, and he seems to like her, so judging his taste, she must be a hot girl. :lol:

Do I feel flattered? Not the least. It's annoying, because I don't want pussy. Why can't a hot guy stare at me :lol:

Mattographer
Jun 22nd, 2006, 03:45 AM
Do I feel flattered? Not the least. It's annoying, because I don't want pussy. Why can't a hot guy stare at me :lol:
I still wait for a hot guy stare at me! :armed: Well, some hot strangers did stare at me but I don't approach them :tape: I don't want to give them the wrong idea! :lol:

SelesFan70
Jun 22nd, 2006, 04:38 AM
It's flattering and awkward at the same time for me. This girl at work is CONSTANTLY hitting on me! I don't want to be out at work for various reasons, but I may have to tell her.

bis2806
Jun 22nd, 2006, 04:48 AM
It would definitely make me feel uncomfortable but I don't blame the girl for it ;) I know a friend of mine who cried unstoppingly after she found out that her crush turned out to be gay. Girls have fallen in love with one of my gay friends too.

Anyways, I was with a gay friend of mine at Chili's last week for dinner, and this quite attractive blonde waitress served us and kept smiling at us. When I was gone to take a call, my friend told me that she flirted with him and I laughed. Apparently when I was gone, she asked him "where your friend went" and told him that "the eggrolls will have been gone by the time he comes back!" She was flirty and kept smiling at him, but little did she know he was gay. Haha. It happens.