PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Wimbledon

Vaidisova
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Wimbledon is coming up very soon!

Seeding and Draw Dates
The seeds will be announced on Wednesday 21st June while the Draw will take place on Friday 23rd June at 10.30am.

With the withdrawals of Lindsay and Mary, it looks like Nicole will be the #11 seed. Which is good news because now she won't draw #1-4 in the R16. '

From the thread in GM:

Seeds #9-#12 are put in the Round of 16 bracket with Seeds #5-#8

So as of right now, Nicole could draw Nadia, Svetlana, Elena, or Patty.

Vaidisova
Jun 19th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I don't have any high expectations really, especially since Nicole will be coming in not having played a warmup tournament. :shrug:

Hopefully she has a nice draw. I see that Azarenka is gonna be in main draw, maybe Nicole can get some revenge. :devil:

Neptune
Jun 19th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Hope she will do her best,good luck Nicole ;)

Veeko
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Good luck nicole

furrykitten
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I hope Nicole can make it to at least the Qtrs, if she gets a good draw, her serve and forehand will be big weopens on Grass court :)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 21st, 2006, 03:35 AM
Good luck Nikki. :D

*praying that she's in Patty's section* :angel:

Vaidisova
Jun 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM
Venus got bumped up, so Nicole could possibly get her..:scared:

5 Nadia Petrova (Rus)
6 Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)
7 Venus Williams (USA)
8 Elena Dementieva (Rus)

Too bad Patty isn't seeded 5-8 now. :o ;)

Derek.
Jun 21st, 2006, 12:48 PM
She'd have great chances vs. Dementieva and Petrova imo.

Good luck Nicole! :yeah: Hopefully you can live up to your seeding! :cool:

Neptune
Jun 21st, 2006, 05:55 PM
Venus got bumped up, so Nicole could possibly get her..:scared:

5 Nadia Petrova (Rus)
6 Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)
7 Venus Williams (USA)
8 Elena Dementieva (Rus)

Too bad Patty isn't seeded 5-8 now. :o ;)
oh no,not Venus,please GOD!!!! :sad:

Vaidisova
Jun 22nd, 2006, 04:28 AM
Just a little mention in a Reuters article

PREVIEW-Wimbledon-No clear favourite in women's singles

VAIDISOVA THREAT

If power is everything, the Russians have it in abundance. Fourth seed Maria Sharapova heads their challenge at the grand slam that is dearest to her heart following her 2004 triumph.

She, though, was the victim of a shock semi-final defeat at the Edgbaston warmup event last week by American Jamea Jackson.

Should Sharapova fail, fifth seed Nadia Petrova and French Open finalist Svetlana Kuznetsova, the number six, both have the enough muscle to at least match their runs to the last eight in 2005.

So too does Vaidisova, the striking 17-year-old Czech who eventually lost to Kuznetsova in the semi-finals of the French Open. With her heavy serve and vicious groundstrokes, the teenager is likely to be even more dangerous on grass.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=2006-06-22T010529Z_01_L21902257_RTRIDST_0_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON-WOMEN-PREVIEW.XML&pageNumber=2&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 22nd, 2006, 04:36 AM
Hmm, think I'd probably prefer Nikki to get Dementieva in the 4r now.

Can't wait for it to start. :worship: I'm sure Nikki's gonna do great. :D

legolas1
Jun 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
I absolutely love Nic and at last have someone other than Justine to cheer for. I will settle for nothing less than that Nic is gonna kill em all - THE SOONER THE BETTER! :smash:

So Wimbledon, watch out!!!

Vaidisova
Jun 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
From BBC Sport - Women To Watch (as posted in GM)

NICOLE VAIDISOVA
Odds: 10/1

Full name - Nicole Vaidisova.

Also known as - None as yet, but expect the British tabloids to have a field day. We'll start the ball rolling with the simple but effective 'Czech Mate'.

Wimbledon high - Reached the last 32 last year on her debut, narrowly losing to the much higher-ranked Svetlana Kuznetsova in three sets.

Wimbledon low - None.

Gruntometer - Second only to Sharapova at Wimbledon last year. She hit 85.4 decibels - equivalent, apparently, to a petrol-driven lawn mower. :scratch::lol:

In her own words - "I am always excited to play on grass because there is so much history and so many traditions associated with it. Being born in Germany, Steffi Graf was always my idol and my inspiration."

Need to know - Vaidisova had to get over the disappointment of her French Open semi-final defeat quickly - she had to take exams at a business school in Prague shortly afterwards.

Grass rating - 7/10

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5086960.stm#vaidisova

Lillibet
Jun 22nd, 2006, 07:35 PM
Haha! :lol: I read that earlier.. interesting grunting scale!

Nicole has beaten Venus before, and besides, it would be nice to see her take out the defending champion.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 23rd, 2006, 05:13 AM
:lol: @ Nikki having the second loudest grunt. :eek:

Neptune
Jun 23rd, 2006, 09:45 AM
Nadia petrova is out of Winbledon,so,if i do any mystakes, Vaidisova become top seed number 10 :eek: :worship: she doesn't face venus :bounce:

Neptune
Jun 23rd, 2006, 09:56 AM
1 Amelie MAURESMO (FRA) 5 Svetlana KUZNETSOVA (RUS)
2 Kim CLIJSTERS (BEL) 6 Venus WILLIAMS (USA)3 Justine HENIN-HARDENNE (BEL) 7 Elena DEMENTIEVA (RUS)
4 Maria SHARAPOVA (RUS) 8 Patty SCHNYDER (SUI)
13 Anna-Lena GROENEFELD (GER) 9 Anastasia MYSKINA (RUS)
14 Dinara SAFINA (RUS) 10 Nicole VAIDISOVA (CZE)15 Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) 11 Francesca SCHIAVONE (ITA)
16 Flavia PENNETTA (ITA) 12 Martina HINGIS (SUI)
25 Elena LIKHOVTSEVA (RUS) 17 Maria KIRILENKO (RUS)
26 Jelena JANKOVIC (SCG) 18 Ai SUGIYAMA (JPN)
27 Na LI (CHN) 19 Ana IVANOVIC (SCG)
28 Sofia ARVIDSSON (SWE) 20 Shahar PEER (ISR)
29 Tatiana GOLOVIN (FRA) 21 Katarina SREBOTNIK (SLO)
30 Anna CHAKVETADZE (RUS) 22 Nathalie DECHY (FRA)
31 Gisela DULKO (ARG) 23 Anabel MEDINA GARRIGUES (ESP)
32 Mara SANTANGELO (ITA) 24 Marion BARTOLI (FRA)

So bad,look the draw of nicole :eek: it's will be very hard for her

Vaidisova
Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:12 AM
That is just a list of the seeds. :)

Looks like Nicole drew Sveta... And she's in the bottom half, the top half has Amelie, Maria, and Venus.:eek:

Vaidisova
Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:22 AM
Koukalova-Vaidisova I think is right. :eek: :lol:

Vaidisova
Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
Ivana Lisjak CRO
v.
Katerina Bondarenko UKR

Klara Koukalova CZE
v.
Nicole Vaidisova CZE (10)

Neptune
Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:56 AM
Koukalova is good on grass?

furrykitten
Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:09 AM
Nicole should beat Koukalova I think :)

Veeko
Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:18 AM
wowo, Koukalova ???

so good luck nicole

legolas1
Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:22 AM
Could be Kim in the QF and then Justine in the SF.
So another semi? I hope so. :yeah:

Vaidisova
Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:24 AM
Nicole is playing doubles w/ Maureen again

Lisa Raymond USA (1)
Samantha Stosur AUS (1)
v.
Amy Frazier USA
Abigail Spears USA

Marta Domachowska POL
Martina Sucha SVK
v.
Maureen Drake CAN
Nicole Vaidisova CZE

lee station
Jun 23rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
It seems that Nicole cares a lot about doing well at Wimbledon and I like that.
C'mon Nicole :worship: :yeah:

Vaidisova
Jun 23rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Article

Wimbledon-Vaidisova seeks to carve her own niche
Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:00 PM BST

By Bill Barclay

LONDON, June 23 (Reuters) - Talented Czech teenager Nicole Vaidisova has a doubly difficult task at this year's Wimbledon.

The 17-year-old is trying to exceed her French Open exploits where she reached her first grand slam semi-final after upsetting world number one Amelie Mauresmo and Wimbledon champion Venus Williams.

She is also attempting to carve a unique identity in women's tennis without being constantly compared to Russian Maria Sharapova.

The problem for Vaidisova, and the image-makers hovering around the highly marketable teenager, is that the last 17-year-old to win Wimbledon was Sharapova two years ago.

Vaidisova was born in Germany and describes that nation's seven-times Wimbledon champion Steffi Graf as her inspiration and "probably the only tennis player I've looked up to."

Speaking to reporters after putting some youngsters through their paces at a west London tennis club this week, the Czech was keen to distance herself from Sharapova.

"I don't know her personally, I see her around," Vaidisova shrugged. "It doesn't bother me. I don't really think about it. I just do my own thing, she does her own thing.

"She's a great player. She's won major tournaments so she's definitely an awesome player but I do my stuff my way, a totally different way.

"I think if people that know us sat us next to each other they would figure out we're two totally different people. Everything, the way we talk, our styles."

Despite her valiant protestations, superficial similarities between Vaidisova and Sharapova are undeniable.

Both are long-limbed, blonde-haired products of the Nick Bollettieri academy in Florida. Both rely on heavy serves and striking powerful groundstrokes down both flanks.

Both speak English with an American twang, both dabble in fashion design and modelling and both have seemingly unlimited marketing potential.

At least in one sense, therefore, Friday's Wimbledon draw did Vaidisova a favour. The 10th seed landed in the other half to fourth seed Sharapova and the two can only meet in the final at the All England Club.

SITTING EXAMS

Vaidisova could face another Russian, Svetlana Kuznetsova in the fourth round. Kuznetsova, who also knocked Vaidisova out of the Wimbledon third round last year, left the teenager in tears after recovering from a set and 5-3 down to win their French Open semi-final.

"Of course I was very sad," Vaidisova said. "But it was great for me. I'd never gone as far in a grand slam, never beaten the number one player in the world and the former number one in the world.

"For me it's awesome to know I can beat those players even if they play well. It gave me a lot of confidence and experience."

Vaidisova's achievement was all the more impressive given that she was revising during the claycourt grand slam.

She has not played a grasscourt warmup event in the two weeks between the French Open and Wimbledon and one reason for that is she had to return to her Prague secondary school to sit her exams.

"I had a lot of stuff, from marketing, to finances, to Czech literature, English, German, everything," she said. "I finished my last exam on Wednesday."

Vaidisova takes her school books on tour and admitted: "It's tough. Twice or three times a year I do written and oral exams for every subject."

She already has her results and as with her tennis, they are highly encouraging. "It was mostly As, a couple of Bs," she smiled before adding a comment that is likely to alert accountants the world over.

"My worst result was finances. I'm not good at stringing that all together."

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=2006-06-23T170010Z_01_BAR349030_RTRIDST_0_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON-VAIDISOVA.XML&pageNumber=0&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage3

Vaidisova
Jun 23rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
Nicole should be able to beat Klara, especially looking at Klara's recent results, plus she hasn't done great at Wimbledon. But the H2H is 1-1 and their last match was a 3 setter...

xcrtbckhnd
Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:09 PM
Good luck Nicole. The FO was such an amazing result for her, but I think she can repeat it here if she plays well. Nicole can beat anyone when she's on. The draw is tough, but Nicole will come through. GOOOOO!!!!

Tennace
Jun 24th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Nicole should be able to beat Klara, especially looking at Klara's recent results, plus she hasn't done great at Wimbledon. But the H2H is 1-1 and their last match was a 3 setter...
I watched their last match in Philly. Klara led 4-1, but thankfully for Nicole, Klara instantly went negative up 4-1 and lost it. It was one of the wierdest things. If you didnt see the score, you would have thought Klara was being beaten. Nicole should win but it may be tough.

Good Luck Nicole!!!!!!!!

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 25th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Good luck Nikki. :worship:

Vaidisova
Jun 25th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Nicole plays Monday!!

TBA
Not Before 5pm
1 Ladies' Singles - 1st Rnd.
Karolina Sprem (CRO) vs Anne Keothavong (GBR)

2 Ladies' Singles - 1st Rnd.
Klara Koukalova (CZE) vs Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[10]

Veeko
Jun 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Good luck nicole at 1st round

legolas1
Jun 25th, 2006, 12:25 PM
TBA? Sounds like a practice court. :lol: I though the only court w/o a number is the Centre Court. At least Nicole won't have to play in the heat of the day.

Good luck Nikki, make your fans proud! :worship:

legolas1
Jun 25th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks Mailin, I did not know this abbreviation.
OK, a televised court for Nikki, please.

Something very unexpected would have to happen for Nikki not to make it through to the 4th round at the very least. Besides, not sure how much of her early round matches we will get to enjoy. :scratch:

So, fingers crossed, Nikki! :yeah:

Anyone interested in a complete translation of the recent on-line chat with Nicole? If so, feel free to let me know.

Neptune
Jun 25th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks Mailin, I did not know this abbreviation.
OK, a televised court for Nikki, please.

Something very unexpected would have to happen for Nikki not to make it through to the 4th round at the very least. Besides, not sure how much of her early round matches we will get to enjoy. :scratch:

So, fingers crossed, Nikki! :yeah:

Anyone interested in a complete translation of the recent on-line chat with Nicole? If so, feel free to let me know.
I'm interested me!! ;)
It's odd to think that Nicole who is the number seed 10 doesn't know when she will play tomorrow!! :rolleyes:

legolas1
Jun 25th, 2006, 04:40 PM
OK, Pharrell, as soon as I have translated it, I will post it in the thread Nicole Vaidisova on-line on chat on Thursday!!!

And if you come across some more stuff in Czech about Nikki you would like me to translate for you - you can send the original text in Czech to my PM box and I will translate and post it in this forum.

Neptune
Jun 25th, 2006, 05:54 PM
OK, Pharrell, as soon as I have translated it, I will post it in the thread Nicole Vaidisova on-line on chat on Thursday!!!

And if you come across some more stuff in Czech about Nikki you would like me to translate for you - you can send the original text in Czech to my PM box and I will translate and post it in this forum.

oh,thanks you,it's very nice ;)

Veeko
Jun 26th, 2006, 05:06 PM
if it still rains,nicole may have one more day rest,so good luck nicole

Neptune
Jun 26th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Nicole plays on the court 13 tomorrow,hope to see her in french televisions,and if the rain will stop before tomorrow,pleaseeeeee :worship:
any pictures of her practising?

legolas1
Jun 26th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I downloaded a program called TVUplayer

and now I can watch Wimbledon on ESPN2 :bounce:

stevos
Jun 27th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Come on Nicole! Im hoping for a quarters finish at least, if she can make semis on clay, not her best surface, beating Momo and Venus, thats gotta give her some confidence.
And she got lots of press so I'm assuming she will be on a show court.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Best of Luck to Nicole!!

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:10 PM
the weather today is quite good

so good luck nicole,win it

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:12 PM
now the match has started
Koukalova 1-0 vaidisova

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Koukalova 1-1 vaidisova

hold please

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:15 PM
oh no,starsports is showing nadel

furrykitten
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Good luck Nicole, please win

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Koukalova 2-1vaidisova

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Koukalova 2-2vaidisova

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Koukalova 3-2 vaidisova

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:23 PM
3-3,hold,please ,nicole

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:27 PM
3-4,hold,nicole

come on

Krysteo
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM
4-4, Allez Nicole !

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:31 PM
oh no K 4-4 V

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
break back

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:34 PM
K 5-4 V

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:36 PM
K 5-5V
flight

matt25
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:37 PM
If u have digital satellite u can se the match of Nicole live on czech free channel CT4 Sport (Astra 19,2)

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:41 PM
If u have digital satellite u can se the match of Nicole live on czech free channel CT4 Sport (Astra 19,2)

but the question is i don't have :(

thank you very much

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:42 PM
K 5-6 V:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Neptune
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:44 PM
YES!! :bounce: first set!

Krysteo
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Premier set pour Nicole :) ... maintenant le deuxième...

furrykitten
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Great first set Nicole :)

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:49 PM
K 5-7 V,good

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:50 PM
K1-0 V

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM
1-1 hold

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:55 PM
1-2,nicole,hold

Krysteo
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Break dans le 2ieme set mail il faut confirmer maintenant.

Krysteo
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:30 PM
7-5 7-5 pour Nicole. Dur Dur mais c'est passé ! :)

legolas1
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM
:yeah:

Mailin
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Well done Nicki! :D

Into second round :D

Veeko
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:47 PM
well done,nicole

good luck second round

Neptune
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:48 PM
bravo nicole,c'était dur mais c'est bon!
france1 espagne1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!rybery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

furrykitten
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Excellent start Nicole, good luck in Rd 2 :)

daniela86
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Well done Nikki :yeah: Klara is quite good on grass (she won s'Hertogenbosh last year) and she seems to know Nikki very well so I'm happy it ended in 2 sets :D . Best of luck against Kateryna Bondarenko now :rocker: :rocker2:
Nikki should win in 2 :bounce: . Jedem!! :cool:

Derek.
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Great job Nicole! :D :bigclap:

Good luck in the next round! :yeah:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Nice start Nikki. :yeah:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Good luck today!!

Veeko
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Good luck nicole today

Veeko
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Hi matt25,do you know whick program can get the czech free channel CT4 Sport online?

thanks

Veeko
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Day 3: Wednesday, 28 June

Court 14 12.00 noon Start

1 Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Mardy Fish (USA) vs Robby Ginepri (USA)[17]

2 Ladies' Singles - 1st Rnd.
Mariana Diaz-Oliva (ARG) vs Tatiana Golovin (FRA)[29]

3 Gentlemen's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP)[24] vs Roko Karanusic (CRO)

4 Ladies' Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Katerina Bondarenko (UKR) vs Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[10]

5 Ladies' Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Patty Schnyder (SUI)[8] vs Severine Bremond (FRA)

Neptune
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:55 AM
cool,nicole plays again today,but no chances to see her on french tv
matt i have sattelite but i don't think that i have astra,but i think that i can change my "frequence",i will try,we'll see ;)

matt25
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:21 PM
cool,nicole plays again today,but no chances to see her on french tv
matt i have sattelite but i don't think that i have astra,but i think that i can change my "frequence",i will try,we'll see ;)

All technical information about digital satelite channel
CT4 sport find here. (http://www.lyngsat.com/astra1g.html)
Its great channel, because they specialized on czech matches...

to Pharell >> no problem to receive it in france and europe, but Asian/US fans have no chance... http://www.danielahantuchova.sk/forum/images/smiles/tvfan.gif

its same satellite as u receive e.g. german Eurosport, DSF, Viva, ... no problem to install it :-)
- if u have problem, contact me on msn>> matt28@zoznam.sk :wavey:

Neptune
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:07 PM

to Pharell >> no problem to receive it in france and europe, but Asian/US fans have no chance... http://www.danielahantuchova.sk/forum/images/smiles/tvfan.gif

its same satellite as u receive e.g. german Eurosport, DSF, Viva, ... no problem to install it :-)
i send you an email because i don't understand,i have this channel but not the one which broadcast tennis.

gsm
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:46 PM
nice article with heaps of quotes;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5124392.stm

good luck to nicole today!!!

furrykitten
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Good luck to Nicole, come on!!

Krysteo
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:38 PM
6-1 pour Nicole dans le premier set... elle a l'air d'être mieux réveillé qu'hier ! :lol:

Krysteo
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:04 PM
6-1 6-1 pour Nicole :bounce: ... j'ai l'impression que son adversaire avait oublié ses lentilles de contact, elle avait l'air de pas trop bien voir la balle :lol:

Neptune
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM
6-1 6-1 pour Nicole :bounce: ... j'ai l'impression que son adversaire avait oublié ses lentilles de contact, elle avait l'air de pas trop bien voir la balle :lol:
ouais c'est possible ;) en tout cas nicole déroule,et Kuznetsova est menacée,elle a perdue le premier set face a la Thcéque,peut-être que nicole ne la rencontrera pas!

furrykitten
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Nice win for Nicole :)

Neptune
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:29 PM
next tour against Sprem,is she good on grass?

Krysteo
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Rather good il parait... mais bon, a vérifier :rolleyes:

Danči Dementia
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Come on Nikki keep going :bounce: :bounce: .

Sprem :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: don't know if she is good on grass but I'm sure she won't be such a problem for Nicole :)

Derek.
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Great job Nicole! :D :bigclap:

Two of my faves playing now! :(

Good luck! :yeah:

Veeko
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:09 AM
good job nicole

congratulations!

Veeko
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Day 4: Thursday, 29 June

Court 7 12.00 noon Start

1 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Iveta Benesova (CZE)/Barbora Strycova (CZE) vs Gabriela Navratilova (CZE)/Michaela Pastikova (CZE)

2 Gentlemen's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Jonas Bjorkman (SWE) vs Lukas Dlouhy (CZE)

3 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Marta Domachowska (POL)/Martina Sucha (SVK) vs Maureen Drake (CAN)/Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)

4 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)/Martina Muller (GER) vs Marion Bartoli (FRA)[17]/Shahar Peer (ISR)[17]

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 29th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Good luck in Doubles match!!

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 29th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Great win over Katya. :D

Now against K-Lina. :unsure: :sad:

Good luck in doubles with Maureen. :worship:

Veeko
Jun 29th, 2006, 02:20 AM

thank you matt,i think i can watch her match now,but i am not sure :lol: i will try it today!

Thank you very much,it's very kind of you!:bounce:

furrykitten
Jun 29th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Good luck in doubles Nicole :hug:

legolas1
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Is CT4 SPORT really free? It has CRW coding on Astra.

Neptune
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM
thanks Matt, i will try tomorrow for her match against sprem :)
she often says "i'm in my la-la land"!!!!!!it's an american expression? :confused: i don't know this...

Mailin
Jun 29th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I think "lala-land" is something like for dream world ;)

Nicole and Maureen won their doubles match 6-4 6-4 :D

Neptune
Jun 29th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Amazing,nicole will play on the court 1 tomorrow :bounce:

Court 1 1.00 pm Start

1 Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Roger Federer (SUI)[1]
vs Nicolas Mahut (FRA)

2 Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Tommy Haas (GER)[19]
vs Tomas Berdych (CZE)[13]

3 Ladies' Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Karolina Sprem (CRO)
vs Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[10]

Veeko
Jun 30th, 2006, 12:51 AM
cool,now come on,go father in double

and good luck today

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 30th, 2006, 04:47 AM
H2H: Vaidisova leads 1-0

Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed

18/11 2005 INDIAN WELLS HARD (O) R64 N. VAIDISOVA 6-1 3-6 6-1 63/--

Veeko
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:58 AM
i have a question:why nicole doesn't join the mixed double

Neptune
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:24 AM
i have a question:why nicole doesn't join the mixed double
certainly beacuse she doesn't want or she doesn't find partner
matt,how does it works for to have the channel,i don't understand the number that you give me,sorry :sad:

Mailin
Jun 30th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I think she would find a partner if she wanted to, but I think her focus is on singles. I think she mostly plays doubles too for experience on grass too.

Krysteo
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:49 PM
1 jeu partout, balle au centre :lol: ... pardon : 2-1 maintenant ;)

Krysteo
Jun 30th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Premier set pour Nicole : 7-5 :)

Anahi
Jun 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM
7-5 3-2 Nicole is the best jeje

Veeko
Jun 30th, 2006, 07:51 PM
come on nicole,now 4-3

Veeko
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Sprem holds 5-7, 5-5*,i am a little worried

Anahi
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:08 PM
7-6, 6-5 Come On Nicole!!!

Krysteo
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:10 PM
7-5 7-5 :bounce:

J'étais un peu inquiet aussi mais encore une fois c'est passé :)

Anahi
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Yeaaaah!!!! Nicole is the best!!!!!!

Neptune
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:17 PM
good win nicole :)

legolas1
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Good that it finished today. Nikkie had to wait all day long for this match. :yippee:

Up next is Li, but she is no match for Nikkie. So looking forward to her QF against Kim. I believe you can beat her! :yeah:

But the draw from QF onwards is super-tough. Kim, Justine and Yurevna in the final. :mad:

Veeko
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM
well done nicole,but it was a hard work maybe

i think she can beat Na li,but i am not sure,now Na has beaten K,her fire is so good,and nicole,she also has enough fire,i think she can beat her,also,i believe her

furrykitten
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Another good win for Nicole, showing everyone FO wasn't a fluke, carry on!! :)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 1st, 2006, 05:22 AM
Great win Nikki. Was definitely a bit worried about K-Lina. :unsure:

Now good luck against Na. :worship:

A Quarter-Final with Kimmy would be awesome. :drool:

Veeko
Jul 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM
Saturday, 1 July

Court 4 12.00 noon Start

1 Ladies' Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Maria Elena Camerin (ITA)/Tathiana Garbin (ITA) vs Lourdes Dominguez-Lino (ESP)/Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (ESP)

2 Gentlemen's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Lukasz Kubot (POL)/Tomas Zib (CZE) vs Jonas Bjorkman (SWE)[2]/Max Mirnyi (BLR)[2]

3 Ladies' Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Lisa Raymond (USA)[1]/Samantha Stosur (AUS)[1] vs Maureen Drake (CAN)/Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)

4 Gentlemen's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Tripp Phillips (USA)/Rogier Wassen (NED) vs Irakli Labadze (GEO)/Dusan Vemic (SCG)

5 Mixed Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Paul Hanley (AUS)/Tatiana Perebiynis (UKR) vs Leander Paes (IND)[4]/Samantha Stosur (AUS)[4]

Veeko
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:53 PM
Saturday, July 1, 2006

Doubles - Second Round

(1) Raymond/Stosur (USA/AUS) d. Drake/Vaidisova (CAN/CZE) 64 62

nigel - dani fan
Jul 1st, 2006, 09:49 PM
OOP, Monday
Court 3 12.00 noon Start

1 Ladies' Singles - 4th Rnd.
Shenay Perry (USA) vs Elena Dementieva (RUS)[7]

2 Ladies' Singles - 4th Rnd.
Na Li (CHN)[27] vs Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[10]

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2006, 11:42 PM
OOP, Monday
Court 3 12.00 noon Start

1 Ladies' Singles - 4th Rnd.
Shenay Perry (USA) vs Elena Dementieva (RUS)[7]

2 Ladies' Singles - 4th Rnd.
Na Li (CHN)[27] vs Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[10]
:bounce: :bounce: two of my favs. (Dani is on center court).

I think both will finish their matches with an smile on the face.

QF against kimmi will be awesome :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: .

GO NIKKI

Krysteo
Jul 2nd, 2006, 06:24 AM
Oué, espérons le... avec les chinoises il faut se méfier quand même :lol:

Veeko
Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:40 AM
:bounce: :bounce: two of my favs. (Dani is on center court).

I think both will finish their matches with an smile on the face.

QF against kimmi will be awesome :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: .

GO NIKKI

I hope so:bounce: :angel: :angel::bounce:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 2nd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Good luck Nikki. :D

Vaidisova
Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Just got back from vacation. Followed scores on my cellphone throughout the first week. Very pleased to see Nicole make it this far and hope she can win her next match!!!

legolas1
Jul 2nd, 2006, 11:05 PM
I think it will be an assassination of the poor Chinese.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:09 AM
Best of Luck to Nicole!!

M-K
Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:59 AM
Go nicole!

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Cest parti ! Allez Nicole :)

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:21 PM
1 game to love :lol:

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
2-0 :)

Quel brutali dans le service comme dirait Jar Jar :lol:

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
Premier set 6-4 pour Nicole :)

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
Oui c'est ca, sur le site...

Attention elle joue bien la chinoise... rien n'est fait.

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:21 PM
6-1 pour la chinoise dans le 2ieme set, ca va po du tout ca ! :rolleyes:

Veeko
Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:53 PM
nicole,hold

and break her back

Veeko
Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
break her back

Veeko
Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:56 PM
you will have chances,her poor serve,break her back

Vaidisova
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Nicole just lost.:sad:

Really disappointing, especially since she seemed so in control of the match after winning the first set. :sad:

She had several chances in the third set... :crying2:

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
Et voila, le match est perdu pour Nicole :sad: ... je ne sais pas ce qui a du se passer mais il faut qu'elle bosse :rolleyes: ... mais bon elle est encore très jeune, il y aura d'autres occasions... :)

Spiritof42
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:13 PM
Nicole!!! :sobbing:
For someone with such a big serve, I can't believe how many times she was broken today! On grass!! :(

The final score (4-6 6-1 6-3) is eerily similar to the Li vs Kuznetsova match in the 3rd round (3-6 6-2 6-3)...

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Et oui, il y a des jours comme ca ou rien ne va... :rolleyes:

Veeko
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Unbelievable:( ^^^These three days,England lost,Nicole lost,i don't know how to describe my feeling:( really sad really sad

Her experience is weak,she is too young,you know ,her spirit,couldn't be adjusted:( her serve,so poor at the 2nd and 3rd set,first ,she served quite well,especially at the 1st game of the 1st set,her serve was 100%,i was really happy at that time,i thought he could win it easily,but laster,what happened to her,i don't know,her fire stopped,her mistakes,how many?

I just can say congratulations to Na li,she has broken the Chinese annal,she is a good player:)

sorry for my poor English

Anahi
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:08 PM
I'm crying, :( Nicole is the best!! i can't believe!! She lost with Na Li!!! omg I'm sad

Derek.
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:17 PM
Nikki :sad:

I thought she would win this match and make another QF. :sobbing:

Na played well though. I like her as well, so it's not too bad for me.

Veeko
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
I'm crying, :( Nicole is the best!! i can't believe!! She lost with Na Li!!! omg I'm sad

i'd like to cry with you,i am very very :( sad too

furrykitten
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
I'm surprised by this defeat, thought Nicole would beat her! :sad:

Krysteo
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Bah il ne faut pas être trop pressé... il est vrai que je la voyais bien passé ce tour mais vous voyez qu'elle aurait gagné Wimbledon, elle aurait perdu la boussole la pauvre :lol:

Neptune
Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:10 PM
Bah il ne faut pas être trop pressé... il est vrai que je la voyais bien passé ce tour mais vous voyez qu'elle aurait gagné Wimbledon, elle aurait perdu la boussole la pauvre :lol:
oué,on est pas pressé,tout le monde la compare à Maria et veut qu'elle batte son record,il faut voir ce qu'elle est devenue maintenant!Nicole n'est pas pressée,elle a tout le temps de gagner des grands chelems,elle a le potentiel pour ça,c'est évident,et en plus,elle ne se brûle pas les ailes,son heure viendra :worship: et bien,je pense que le gazon n'est pas fait pour elle,du moins la hauteur de la balle car elle a de très bonnes armes,un bon service et un bon coup droit

Vaidisova
Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:36 PM
I really wanted Nicole to make the QF, but knew Na would be tough. :( Nicole is ever so close to reaching the top 10, so a win today would have put her closer. It looks like she'll be #12 after Wimbledon, which will be a new career high, so that's good news.

I think Nicole will have a good summer hardcourt season and expect another deep run at the US Open. Hopefully by then she will be in the top 10. :)

Vaidisova
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
N. Vaidisova Interview - Day 7
Monday, 3 July, 2006

Q. Can you just talk about what was going wrong out there.

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Uhm, you know, I think I struggled with my rhythm from the start. I felt I didn't move very well today, you know, felt a little tired, a little tight. But, you know, I have to give credit to her. On some points, on the important points, she, you know, played some great points, hit some great shots. You know, just what everybody saw.

Q. How much of this match was decided by your physical form?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: A little bit, but, you know, I definitely felt I struggled my movement today. Yesterday was I think a big part of it.

Q. Would it be fair to say you were coming to Wimbledon feeling maybe not a hundred percent fresh?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No, I felt a hundred percent fresh coming in here.

Q. You withdrew from Eastbourne due to fatigue. You felt probably drained after the French Open?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yes, but not here. It's not my excuse. I felt a hundred percent ready to play here.

Q. Was there a specific injury today, or can you explain the feeling of tightness and tiredness?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No, no. In general, I just felt tired on the court, slow and everything. But it was not because of the injury or anything. It was just, you know, those are days when you just wake up and you feel tired and you have to overcome. And, unfortunately, I really didn't do that that well today.

Q. In a match like that when things sort of you get a feeling that things are starting to go wrong, was that almost before the match or during the first set?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No, early, you know, it was I think the whole time just felt, you know, not great on court, you know. Usually I will relax in the first set, hit better. But just it didn't happen. In general I didn't feel well on the court today.

Q. How would you sum up your experience at Wimbledon this year?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Better than last year. You know, first time also in the second week of Wimbledon, you know. I am definitely a little disappointed right now, but, you know, I think I still have a long career in front of me and still do so much better. Now I'll just take this experience and use it for my next tournament.

Q. Because of what happened in Paris and because of the attention around you, do you think people sometimes forget that you're still very young and you're still reasonably inexperienced at these kind of tournaments?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Of course people, you know, after French started expecting me to do so well again or better. And just my first, second, third round match, it was just assumed that I will win. It's definitely getting a little harder to do. But, you know, it's part of tennis, and I'll have to accept that.

Q. You are still 17 and playing professional tour. Do you feel yourself as a teenager or as a mature person? Do you have to watch your schedule and listen to your body? Is it still growing?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yeah, I think health is definitely my number one priority. I don't play a crazy amount of tournaments. I definitely, you know, focus a lot on my scheduling, the way it's done and everything, because, you know, right now health is my priority because I still want to play, you know, years and years ahead. So to manage that, you have to have a right schedule.

Q. A lot of us are going back and forth from matches, we can't see all the matches as they're played. How much did you come to net the first couple sets? Did you come in much?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No, not quite much.

Q. Do you think that's a way for you to do better here in years to come perhaps?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I'm sure I'll never be a, you know, volley kind of player coming in and stuff. That's just not the way I play. Of course I could maybe do a little more, maybe it would help me a little more. I probably should work on that a little bit, but I don't think it's going to change my game, you know, a lot.

Q. Is it special to play against Chinese player?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Is it what?

Q. Special to play against Chinese player?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: In what kind of way?

Q. Well, I don't know. Maybe they have a certain way to play. I don't know.

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: You know, they all play a similar game, you know. They are very, you know, fighting till the end all the time. They play, you know, very hard, try to hit the ball hard now. So there's, you know, couple good Chinese player coming up.

Q. You played several times against Chinese player this season and you won all the matches. This is your first loss, right, against Chinese player?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: How about that.

Q. Were you surprised by how she served, some of those down the stretch?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yeah, I think in general she played very well today. On some points, key points, breakpoints, stuff like that, she definitely managed to play very well. I definitely know I could have played better. But anything but, you know, it's due to also the way she played today.

Q. Can you just talk specifically about her and what she did very well and how she was difficult to play.

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Oh, definitely she served very well. She moved better than I did, you know. She hits the ball very hard and, you know, most of the point, you know, the balls were falling in or hitting the lines and stuff. So, you know, tough to play that.

Q. Did the heat affect you today?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No, I'm used to the heat, you know. I live in Florida, you know. It's really hot. You know, I don't think heat ever affects me that much.

Q. Can I ask you what age you reached your current height?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Uhm, some time last year, end of last year probably.

Q. You stopped growing up?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I think so, yeah. I think I'm done.

Q. Your pro career, before 15, there are many girls who do that, quite a few of them. What did you find as your biggest challenge turning from Juniors?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Just in the Juniors everything is so laid back, you know. Everybody's friends, everybody hangs out together and everything. It's just more fun. Now it's everybody, you know, focus, is very focused. It's much harder to just, you know, travel so much. You travel much more. You're by yourself a lot, you know, maybe with your coach or any but that was definitely a tough part for me.

Q. Did you get any advice from Martina Hingis? Did she invite you to train with her?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No. I know her. She's a very nice girl, you know, from Czech. She's very nice.

Q. Would you be at the same time in Bollettieri together with Maria and Tatiana? Would it be accurate to say you were training together?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No.

Q. You were separate?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yes.

Q. Of all the Slams, looking sort of long term, which one do you think fits your game the best?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I like the US Open the best, you know. I'm a hard court I think I like hard courts the best. But also I think I can, you know I proved I can do great and good on any surface, you know. Clay has not been my number one my priority, but I've done well there. I definitely would love, you know, the US Open.

Q. Why do you think of all of them, you got to the French semis first? Why did that work out the best for you?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I felt good with my rhythm. Everything was good. I practiced very hard the last couple months before. And, you know, definitely knew I was playing better and better, and, you know, I think I can keep going.

Q. How much Daniel was involved in your development, your uncle? Did he help?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: He's my uncle, but that's about it.

Neptune
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:34 PM
thanks,nicole is a good loser :)

Vaidisova
Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:54 PM
Home > Sport > Tennis

Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon Dossier: Vaidisova pays heavy price for retreat in face of Chinese advance

Coaching Report: The Czech teenager lost control of her trademark game, and then lost control of her temper against impressive Li Na

Published: 04 July 2006

I sat down to watch Nicole Vaidisova's fourth-round match against Li Na, of China, in the hope that the Czech teenager, for whom who I have immense hopes in the game, would battle through to the quarter-finals for the first time, and in only her second appearance at Wimbledon.

Instead I witnessed a small piece of Chinese sporting history as the 24-year-old from Wuhan, in Hubei province, became the first person from her country - in the men's or women's game - to reach a Grand Slam quarter-final. She did it in three sets, 4-6, 6-1, 6-3. We'll come back to her in a moment but first, in a nutshell, here's why Nicole lost.

Her own analysis was: "I struggled with my rhythm from the start. I felt I didn't move very well, felt a little tired, a little tight."

But as someone who has known Nicole a long time because she's been based at my academy for eight years, one thing was glaring: she wasn't playing her trademark game, which is from the baseline and hitting forehand rockets that are the biggest on the tour.

Inexplicably she drifted back. She was playing from six to eight feet behind the baseline at times! The Chinese player started to sneak in, and from then on Nicole kept being caught out of position. The more that Nicole played contrary to her A game, the worse it got. She went back. Li Na came forward. Double trouble and Nicole's out.

If you want to look at one game that told our story in a few points, it was the fifth game of the third set, with Nicole serving and 30-0 up. She then lost four points in a row to be broken by hitting long, wide, long and into the net on those four points. Why? She was out of position and your shots are always less effective when that happens. The other thing we need to work on with Nicole is controlling her temper to good effect. She got a little mad at times and that unsettles you if you're not careful. People might argue she's only 17 but now is just the time she needs to address it. Getting mad is not the problem. Not channelling it as controlled aggression is what's wrong.

The positive from the tournament is that Nicole went a round better than last year, her debut, and progress is progress.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/tennis/article1159326.ece

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 4th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Nikki :sad: :sad: :sad:

Neptune
Jul 4th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Why she's getting mad on the court?what she did? :confused: whatever,let the girl breath,she's only 17,she can do well in the future but i think that people wait more of her that she can do for the moment :angel:

Tennace
Jul 4th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Good Luck in Stanford Nicole :hug:

TheTrash
Jul 5th, 2006, 11:48 PM
N. Vaidisova Interview - Day 7
Monday, 3 July, 2006

Q. ...

Curious -- who does these questions? I thought some of the questions were inappropriate as tho the questioner was trying to get a controversional response.

Legolas_111
Jul 6th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Good Luck in Stanford

Neptune
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Some seem to be delighted by Nicole's defeat at Wimbledon :(
I was not able to refrain from answering it ;)

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=247243
let them talk,i don't care about what they say,i have my own opignion and they cant' change nothnig about that,ignore them,they just want to destabilize us,the ignorance is the best way to asnwer to them,believe me :)

Veeko
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM
You're right Pharrell (but a little fight sometimes :boxing: , it's not bad :smash: :rocker2: )

Veeko, are you mad :lol:
Why the hell are you going into the Sharapova's lair and say that she's " orgulous and less talented " than Vaidisova, you're crazy man :crazy:
(they are much more numerous than us :D )

i don't care about it,i just say what i want to say,that's me--veeko:lol: :bounce:

legolas1
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
i don't care about it,i just say what i want to say,that's me--veeko:lol: :bounce:

And I bet you're just about right. I don't like Yurevna either. :lol: