PDA

View Full Version : stanley cup finals-edmonton vs. carolina,who yah got?

IceHock
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:36 PM
i'm goin with edmonton they got the momentum,and plus i want them to win.go edmonton!!

Crazy Canuck
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I don't reeaaallly care about Edmonton, generally, though I do admire gritty teams... it's just that I prefer Calgary, even if they lost this year :p

But I really don't like Carolina, and I don't even really know why :D

So go Edmonton!

Barrie_Dude
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:50 PM
I have Carolina! I have far more a personal connection with the Carolinas then I do Edmonton!

Crazy Canuck
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I have Carolina! I have far more a personal connection with the Carolinas then I do Edmonton!
Come to think of it, so do I. I've actually BEEN through the Carolinas, which is more than can be said for Edmonton. That, and the Carolinas have better weather. If not for the fact that I loathe their team, I may be willing to root for them here. But no can do.

I sort of understand but still find it funny how Canadians often root heavily for the 'home team'... as if Eric Staal is somehow less Canadian than Ryan Smyth :D

hablo
Jun 19th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Allez Oilers, you've worked too hard to lose in game 7 :p

I can't stand Carolina :tape:

PointBlank
Jun 19th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Hurricanes. :hearts:.

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 19th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Go Oilers!!
The good old, yet stupid (but inevitable) "You beat my favorites I want you to lose and painfully" applies to Carolina in my case :p I hate their guts and I want them to lose.

On a more logical side though, I do like Edmonton's team. I think most of the players seem like nice and adorable guys and I'd really like to see them win the Cup :)

So go Edmonton :bounce:

P.S. Even though I'd do him in a heartbeat... I can't stand Eric Staal :tape:

hablo
Jun 19th, 2006, 11:05 PM
P.S. Even though I'd do him in a heartbeat... I can't stand Eric Staal :tape:oh the contradiction ! :rolls::rolls::lol:

Bacardi
Jun 19th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Goin with the home team... C'mon Carolina... Bring the Cup to the South again! :woohoo: If they win, I'll go to the Parade since it won't be that far of a drive up for me. :bounce:

Home teams usually win, they're like way ahead in stats as far as Game 7's go! Bolts done it year before last, time for the Canes to do it this year. Show them the Southeast Division is a POWER HOUSE in hockey! :woohoo:

middy
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Go Carolina :rocker2:

vw.
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I can't stand Carolina :tape:
I wonder why. ;)

GO EDMONTON!!!

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:19 AM
I wonder why. ;)

GO EDMONTON!!!
it's not just because of the way they beat the Habs ... :p

:topic: is it true the rumours about José Théo-dort and Paris Hilton ? :speakles:

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:22 AM
it's not just because of the way they beat the Habs ... :p

:topic: is it true the rumours about José Théo-dort and Paris Hilton ? :speakles:
WHAAAT!?! Please tell me the rumors don't say what I think they say! eww! Where did you hear that ?

Carolina Girl
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Gotta go with my homestate team....Go Carolina:D

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:35 AM
WHAAAT!?! Please tell me the rumors don't say what I think they say! eww! Where did you hear that ?
my sister says that 'eTalk Daily' showed them holding hands while shopping :lol::bolt:
I didn't see it myself so.... (I don't watch it :tape: ) :o

stevos
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Oilers, for sure. They deserve it, after that amazing game 5. Obviously Im a little biased, I just hate how Carolina plays.

iPatty
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Well, I live in North Carolina, so I naturally want the Hurricanes to win. :)

...but I think the Oilers will clinch it. :o

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:45 AM
my sister says that 'eTalk Daily' showed them holding hands while shopping :lol::bolt:
I didn't see it myself so.... (I don't watch it :tape: ) :o
If that's true I'm going down to Denver to talk some sense into him. :eek:

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 01:03 AM
If that's true I'm going down to Denver to talk some sense into him. :eek:especially since he just had a kid - but who knows... maybe both wanted attention or something (her to promote her song/album, as for theo-dort, who knows :tape: ) :help:;)

myxomatosis
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Go Edmonton in the second period!!!

iPatty
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Carolina leads 2-0 heading into the third period. Keep it up, please. :bounce:

stevos
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:02 AM
:sad: :sad: :confused:

Rocketta
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:01 AM
I had Carolina but of course I would! Congrats Hurricanes! :dance: :aparty:

Carolina Girl
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:02 AM
I bet they are goin crazy in Raleigh right now;)

myxomatosis
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:03 AM
1000000000 depressions :hysteric:

Rocketta
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:03 AM
I bet they are goin crazy in Raleigh right now;)

They definitely was according to the TV. :yeah:

Rocketta
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:07 AM
I wonder does Kristi Yamiguchi(sp?)'s husband still play for Carolina? :confused:

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:07 AM
North Carolina come on and raise up, though no one in this states gits a rats ass about hockey! Now if the damn Carolina Panthers can finally get their act together. Oh btw the Hurricanes will eventually leave boring ass Raleigh for the Queen City, Charlotte.

Carolina Girl
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:08 AM
They definitely was according to the TV. :yeah::D

Rocketta
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:09 AM
North Carolina come on and raise up, though no one in this states gits a rats ass about hockey! Now if the damn Carolina Panthers can finally get their act together. Oh btw the Hurricanes will eventually leave boring ass Raleigh for the Queen City, Charlotte.

and this has to do with the Stanley Cup how?

Carolina Girl
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:12 AM
North Carolina come on and raise up, though no one in this states gits a rats ass about hockey! Now if the damn Carolina Panthers can finally get their act together. Oh btw the Hurricanes will eventually leave boring ass Raleigh for the Queen City, Charlotte.well if the Panthers ever win the superbowl you'd probably hear me screamin all the way in Cali, i'd be that happy. :p

Rocketta
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:14 AM
well if the Panthers ever win the superbowl you'd probably hear me screamin all the way in Cali, i'd be that happy. :p

I have a feeling the Panthers will win sooner rather than later and if they don't beat Pittsburgh to do it I'll be screaming with you! :D

J-Baby
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:15 AM
It is our first national champion in NC though!

Crazy Canuck
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:21 AM
It is our first national champion in NC though!
National Champion? :confused:

Um, anyways. Grr! Oh well. I confess that I probably only still hate Carolina because they beat the Leafs a few years back in the conference finals.

Cam Ward playoff MVP. Well earned.

Carolina Girl
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:21 AM
I have a feeling the Panthers will win sooner rather than later and if they don't beat Pittsburgh to do it I'll be screaming with you! :D:D I think the whole state would be screamin, haha:p

Crazy Canuck
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:22 AM
P.S. Even though I'd do him in a heartbeat... I can't stand Eric Staal :tape:

Forgive me, but EW.

Crazy Canuck
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Somewhere in Hartford, a former Whaler fan just committed suicide :awww:

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Forgive me, but EW.
I have strange taste... I've accepted that :p :shrug:

Somewhere in Hartford, a former Whaler fan just committed suicide :awww:
At least it didn't happen the year after they moved... Nordiques... :awww:

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:53 PM
If that's true I'm going down to Denver to talk some sense into him. :eek:

http://www.tmz.com/media/2006/06/parisnewguy_inf_0619_400_2.jpg
http://www.tmz.com/media/2006/06/parisnewguy_inf_0619_400.jpg

José Théo-dort is dying for attention away from Montreal media, it seems :awww:

Oilers :crying2:

Habs still the last Canadian team to win Lord Stanley :banana::tape::o

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:56 PM
At least it didn't happen the year after they moved... Nordiques... :awww:so true... :lol: poor Nordiques fans :awww:

Patrick Roy : I couldn't stop cheering for him, even when he left :o :crying2:

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:09 PM
José Théo-dort is dying for attention away from Montreal media, it seems :awww:

L'écoeurant. I was pretty happy when he left Montreal, happy for him that is, because it was getting crazy. Now I'm just happy he's gone :p But honestly, this is a really stupid STUPID thing to do :rolleyes: And it started as a little rumour yesterday, but it's EVERYWHERE today. How lucky is he to be gone from Montréal ;)

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:38 PM
L'écoeurant. I was pretty happy when he left Montreal, happy for him that is, because it was getting crazy. Now I'm just happy he's gone :p But honestly, this is a really stupid STUPID thing to do :rolleyes: And it started as a little rumour yesterday, but it's EVERYWHERE today. How lucky is he to be gone from Montréal ;)

'Muller secondera Carbo' :D

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/206733.html

qu'est-ce que t'en penses ?

et Claude Julien, maintenant, l'entraîneur)chef des Devils de NJ et Vigneault, l'entraîneur-chef des Canucks de Vancouver ! :spit:

Ellery
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Oilers :bigcry: :bigcry: :sad:

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:25 PM
'Muller secondera Carbo' :D

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/206733.html

qu'est-ce que t'en penses ?

et Claude Julien, maintenant, l'entraîneur)chef des Devils de NJ et Vigneault, l'entraîneur-chef des Canucks de Vancouver ! :spit:
J'suis très content pour Claude Julien et Alain Vigneault ;) Les entraîneurs écopent toujours alors que c'est rarement leur faute si le rendement de l'équipe est faible alors je suis toujours heureux quand ces entraîneurs ont une autre chance :)

Pour ce qui est du tandem Guy Carbonneau et Kirk Muller, je m'attends à de belles choses :D C'est la première fois depuis très longtemps que l'entraîneur-chef est un ancien joueur de hockey, depuis Mario Tremblay en fait... C'est sûr que quand on regarde les résultats de Wayne Gretzky avec les Coyotes et de Tremblay avec le Canadien, on est porté à ne pas s'attendre à grand chose... mais bon, je suis un éternel optimiste, alors je suis certain que ça va marcher ;) On verra dans quelques mois !

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:29 PM
De plus, Guy Carbonneau me semble pas être un gars difficile à vivre. Il n'a pas l'air d'avoir un gros égo. D'après moi il va réussir à avoir ce qu'il veut de ses joueurs sans nécessairement les faire... ben... les faire chier :p En plus, il est à l'aise avec les journalistes, tout l'monde l'aime, c'est l'ancienne grosse vedette du Canadien, alors ça devrait bien aller. Les derniers entraîneurs avaient des personnalités un peu ennuyeuses. SURTOUT Bob Gainey. :rolleyes:

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:55 PM
je suis également optimiste, Carbonneau va se faire respecter par les joueurs c'est sûr et les médias ne pourront pas se permettre n'importe quoi (enfin, on verra bien :unsure: ) :D

maintenant, il reste à voir quels échanges vont avoir lieu au cours de cette été :bounce:

j'espère que la situation des gardiens de buts va être réglée rapidement aussi............... c'est toujours tt un drame à Montréal :rolleyes:

je crains pour koivu cependant .............. Justin Williams :smash::fiery:

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM
je suis également optimiste, Carbonneau va se faire respecter par les joueurs c'est sûr et les médias ne pourront pas se permettre n'importe quoi (enfin, on verra bien :unsure: ) :D

maintenant, il reste à voir quels échanges vont avoir lieu au cours de cette été :bounce:

j'espère que la situation des gardiens de buts va être réglée rapidement aussi............... c'est toujours tt un drame à Montréal :rolleyes:

je crains pour koivu cependant .............. Justin Williams :smash::fiery:
Les échanges... Toujours très intéressant, ça. Comme ça, de mémoire, je crois que Bulis et Sundstrom ne reviendront pas et que c'est officiel. Je ne sais pas trop s'il y en a d'autres. Il y en a certainement qui sont "instables". Zednik, Ribeiro, on sait pas trop.

Et les chers gardiens de but... Ça sera jamais simple à Montréal, hein ;) Mais je voudrais pas être à leur place. Cristobal nous a gardé dans la course jusqu'à la fin et on lui doit pratiquement notre saison. Ce serait injuste et plutôt cruel de l'échanger. MAIS... A-t-il eu la saison d'une vie ? Est-ce qu'il va continuer à être aussi constant. Aebischer, quant à lui, est un gardien fiable, qui a prouvé son talent et qui, lorsqu'il se sent bien, peut lui aussi faire des miracles. C'est vraiment tout un casse-tête pour le pauvre Bob :p Je suis vraiment content de pas être à sa place. Et personnellement, je trouve les deux gardiens super attachants et j'aimerais bien que les deux restent... Mais est-ce qu'il y en a un des deux qui pourrait vraiment se contenter d'être numéro 2 ? Je ne sais pas.

J'espère vraiment que Saku sera de retour. Aux dernières nouvelles, tout semblait rentrer tranquillement dans l'ordre... mais aura-t-il des séquelles, est-ce qu'il va voir le jeu aussi bien, est-ce qu'il va avoir plus peur qu'avant ? C'est ça qui est inquiétant.

Petit fait comique sur Justin Williams ;) Une radio montréalaise (CKOI) l'a appelé au lendemain de ce qu'il avait fait à Saku, vers 7h du matin, seulement pour le réveiller parce qu'il avait blessé Saku. Justin était pas content du tout. C'était très drôle! :lol:
Si ça te tente : Téléphone à Justin Williams (http://www.ckoi.com/mm.php?begin=50&num=6&numBegin=1&name=value&cat=dujusetdufort) C'est au bas de la page, en date du 28 avril.

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:11 PM
trop excellent, c'est bien fait pour Justin Williams :haha:

on dit que Zednik a vendu sa maison (et qu'il a dit des problèmes dans son ménage) :tape:

Tu sais bien ce que je pense de Ribs : bon vent ! (c'est mon voeu le plus cher, mais puisqu'il parle si bien le français ça risque pas d'arriver avant longtemps :p ok je dis ça pour te taquiner! vu ce qui s'est passé avec théo-dort on ne sait jamais :banana: ) :lol:

quant à Aebischer, il paraît qu'il ne veut pas être un gardien de but No.2 :unsure: (je crois que les deux devraient rester aussi... .en plus ils sont attachant, comme tu dis, et tous les deux francophones :D;) sauf qu'il y a Yann Danis aussi non ? :help: )

pour Bulis, je crois qu'il veut s'en aller............. Sundstrom énervait bcp les fans de l'équipe :tape:

je crois, vu la situation avec Koivu et ce qui s'est passé pendant les séries éliminatoires, qu'on a besoin d'un autre centre parce qu'on est plutôt faible de ce côté là :shrug:

je n'envie pas Bob Gainey non plus :lol:

hablo
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:20 PM
je me demande si on va s'en remettre aussi, cette année, à d'autres jeunes recrues ;)