PDA

View Full Version : can someone please confirm...

Kelly
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:42 PM
ok....im off to wimby next week...is she in or out!!

any links muchley appreciated?

jacs
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:43 PM
she's out :sad:

sports.yahoo.com/ten

Andrew..
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:44 PM
She's out.

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/06/06/19/TENNIS_Wimbledon.html

Vacant
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:44 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/5096268.stm

Out! :(

mike/topgun
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:53 PM
out...it's everywhere now as the story of the day:tape:

bis2806
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it's out on like 6 sports pages already... :(

The Daviator
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:57 PM
:sobbing:

chadman569
Jun 19th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Ugh! This is the post we all feared for and hated to see. Now Wimbledon is going to be waste in my opinion. I hope she comes back healthy. But I feel I am hoping against hope. She hopes to have a family, and I hope she comes back and wins another major.

Chad

dav abu
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Get well soon Lindsay :hug: though I suppose retirement is on the way now! fucking gutted :sobbing: was so looking forward to heading, honestly don't think I'll bother now. I was to the French and as lovely as attending a slam is it hadn't any real buzz for me without Lindsay playing. I can't see myself camping and queueing at Wimbledon (at all hours) when she won't be there. hey Kelly I was waiting to hear whether or not she was playing before I got back to you - you still going to head along there?

Kelly
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:54 PM
im going still as its all booked and payed for lol so if u still intend on going my itinery is
monday 26th- travel down arrive in london at lunch prob get into wimby grounds about 5pmish
tuesday27th-court one tickets with siobhan off here..
wednesday28th- will join the queue about 6am to get a ground pass for the day
thursday 29th- may queue in the morning for a few hours of tennis b4 i leave london at 7pm...
i am having major computer problems at the mo and currantley using my brothers lappy so i will pm u with my mobile number and if u want to meet up then we can sort something out
kel x

dav abu
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:08 AM
no bother Kelly I'll give you a ring. So fucking gutted that Lindsay won't be there but will probably chance over there for a few days. My brother is begging me to bring him over there for the first time plus we bought the tent and everything :D

chewy
Jun 21st, 2006, 10:34 AM
miss her so mucha...

Andrew..
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:37 PM
She's on the entry list for San Diego. I don't think she's pregnant.

mike/topgun
Jun 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM
She's on the entry list for San Diego. I don't think she's pregnant.
doesn't mean anything
When exactly thay make those entry lists?

Lindsay's been out for months, she's struggling wth her back (probably as much as I thought:tape: ) but that doesn't mean she's not pregnant, or doesn't think about it, having in perspective this long injury that has been bothering her since last years Wimbledon.
I'm really afraid, that she's going to withdraw anyway...with any possible reason she finds.
Hope she'll be back playing loosely, enjoying the time on tour, which I hope she still has in her:)

Andrew..
Jun 21st, 2006, 03:04 PM
Yesterday.

Why don't we try to keep an open mind. K.

Elldee
Jun 21st, 2006, 06:32 PM
Article that states that her agent said she's aiming to play at stanford.

Andrew..
Jun 21st, 2006, 07:04 PM
As I said, be in San Diego. Or, anger.

mike/topgun
Jun 21st, 2006, 07:34 PM
Nevertheless, I'm still positive about her chances to come back and win another GS, the situation isn't really encouraging, especially for Lindsay herself :mad:

As I said, be in San Diego. Or, anger.
or something like - 'be there in Cali, or retire":tape:

Article that states that her agent said she's aiming to play at stanford.

As for now it seems her agent was right when he said that "chances of playing in Wimbledon where up in the air".
Then again those early commitments for summer events are a good sign, or a matter of routine schedule.
However, to keep an open mind also means - be realistic...and stay positive ;)

Andrew..
Jun 22nd, 2006, 02:57 AM
or something like - 'be there in Cali, or retire":tape:
I never said that.

mike/topgun
Jun 22nd, 2006, 09:28 AM
I never said that.
oh, i'm sorry, that's what I thought about, when I've been reading your previous posts