PDA

View Full Version : Ogilvy wins US Open!!

switz
Jun 18th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I'm sure there are only 2 or 3 people who will actually care but Geoff Ogilvy just became the first Australian to win the US Open golf for 25 years :bounce: and first Aussie major at all since Elkington won the PGA in the mid 90s.

Grachka
Jun 18th, 2006, 11:36 PM
LOL @ Colin "Pendulous Breasts" Montgomerie choking on the last hole again.

P.S. Well done Geoff! :)

bw2082
Jun 18th, 2006, 11:52 PM
congrats! I picked him to win in my golf pool. Mickelson really choked that last hole. His caddy should have broken the driver before they got to the 18th tee so he'd have to use 2 iron or 3 wood. Monty blew it too, screwing up from the fairway on the 18th to double bogey.

*JR*
Jun 19th, 2006, 12:03 AM
congrats! I picked him to win in my golf pool. Mickelson really choked that last hole. His caddy should have broken the driver before they got to the 18th tee so he'd have to use 2 iron or 3 wood. Monty blew it too, screwing up from the fairway on the 18th to double bogey.
Reminded me of Lorena Ochoa's #18 in the last round of the women's US Open last year, where she hit her tee shot into the water and wound up with an 8 on a par 4. :lol: (That was the hole where Birdie Kim had her "15 minutes of fame" with a sand save that went in to win it, and a big audience first got 2C ex-ATP player Aaron Krickstein's niece Morgan Pressel doing her Vera Zvonareva act). :tape:

Alicia Molik
Jun 19th, 2006, 12:30 AM

I might be wrong but when did Monty choke on the back nine of a major before? I cant think of any and I think this was his 5th 2nd place finish (3 2nd places at US Open, 2nd in USPGA & 2nd at British Open). I think in all bar tonight he was beat by fantastic golf. Els twice at US Open's, Elkington's putting in the USPGA and Tiger playing unbelievable at the Open last year.

I think he's just been unfortunate that he's always found one man better every time except tonight, he could and should have won although fat Phil will be saying the same.

Great entertainment though. :)

Sally Struthers
Jun 19th, 2006, 12:39 AM

I was just saying to JR a little while ago that whenever I see Phil Mickelson the only thing I can see are his huge man boobs :tape:

Colin Montgomery used to have breasts that rivaled Phil but it appears that he lost some weight and has gone from a D cup to a B :tape: :haha:

dav abu
Jun 19th, 2006, 12:56 AM
What a tense finish! first Padraig fucked up, then Monty (letting it slip again) and lastly Phil fucking up - really felt for Mickelson but at least he has his two majors. Well done to Geoff.

MH0861
Jun 19th, 2006, 01:50 AM
I felt so bad for Monty, especially after he made that RIDICULOUS putt to make birdie and tie Phil a few holes before his 18th hole debacle! :sad:

bw2082
Jun 19th, 2006, 02:11 AM
What a tense finish! first Padraig fucked up, then Monty (letting it slip again) and lastly Phil fucking up - really felt for Mickelson but at least he has his two majors. Well done to Geoff.

Phil has 3 majors

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 19th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Ogilvy.... isn't he the :crazy: guy from War of the Worlds?

bw2082
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060619
:lol: