PDA

View Full Version : After a loss, do football (soccer) teams ever say ...

LoveFifteen
Jun 18th, 2006, 03:56 PM
... "The other team didn't win. We beat ourselves."?

Or is that crap just reserved for tennis? :angel:

BUBI
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:02 PM
No. They just blame the referee :lol:

cellophane
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Don't they say "We are the fucking...[insert Team Name]"? ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Jose Moanhinho does :lol:

gentenaire
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:54 PM
along the same lines:

After a display of poor sportmanship in football, do the fans of the other team go on about it for years and years?

LoveFifteen
Jun 18th, 2006, 06:06 PM
along the same lines:

After a display of poor sportmanship in football, do the fans of the other team go on about it for years and years?

Well, the commentators on ESPN talked about some controversial match (die Wasserschlacht) between Poland and Germany that still causes bitterness some thirty years later. But then again this is American TV so they might just be hyping it up for some drama? :shrug:

Oh and from my time in Argentina, I had some good laughs with English folks who were still groaning about Maradona's "Hand of God" goal.

Looks like tennis isn't the only sport with "the Hand". :scared:

Giuliano
Jun 18th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Well, the commentators on ESPN talked about some controversial match (die Wasserschlacht) between Poland and Germany that still causes bitterness some thirty years later. But then again this is American TV so they might just be hyping it up for some drama? :shrug:

Oh and from my time in Argentina, I had some good laughs with English folks who were still groaning about Maradona's "Hand of God" goal.

Looks like tennis isn't the only sport with "the Hand". :scared:
And France/Germany in 1982. Schumacher broke Batiston's jaw on purpose, and got away with it. :(

Fingon
Jun 18th, 2006, 10:09 PM
soccer teams can't talk.