PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Tickets for Wimbledon Championships

Cy-Cl0n3
Jun 18th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Hello,
I was planning to go to London at June 22nd as a family trip (I'm from Israel).
When I heard that the tournament starts on June 26th, I thought that it would be a great opportunity watching it while I'm there.
I tried to find out a bit about buying tickets, and discovered that the only practical way for me to get some (or even one!) is queuing on the day, maybe even overnight, in order to get them at a normal price.

Some questions that I have, hope you will be able to answer them:
1) I called the Ticket Office, and they told me that if I start queuing on the day, at about 6 am, I will be able to get tickets for Court 1 (Centre Court tickets require overnight queuing). Nevertheless, when I asked this in some forums, people told me that it would be impossible to get the show court tickets if I queue on the day. Who is right, then? (btw, I'm planning to go there only on June 26th or 27th. Maybe it makes a different?)

2) I was told that I shouldn't go on Monday (first day of the tournament), because people might start queuing even on Saturday. Is that so? Should I go on Tuesday?

3) From all the posts and replies I've read in forums, I've got that the ideal thing for me to do is to come on June 27th (and not 26) at 6 am, and hope there are Court 1 tickets.
Otherwise, I'll buy ground pass tickets which will allow me to:
- Enter courts 3-19 and hope for good games. Should there be any good games on the first days in these courts (from your experience)?
- Enter court 2 (standing).
- Watch some players (hopefully good ones) practice at the practice / unoccupied courts.
- Enter the queue for the resold show court tickets at 1 pm until 4 pm, and then enter these courts.

Is that "tactic" good? Anything missing? Hours correct? Any other tips you could give?

Thanks in advnace,
Jonathan

Cy-Cl0n3
Jun 19th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks!
Your message did help.
Any other reply will be welcome :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM
ordering tickets :lol:
there's a ratio of demand/supply of about 1000000:1

you got more chance of winning the lottery.

if you really wanna go: go buy a corporate ticket.

jazzpig
Jun 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I wonder if we need to queue up overnight for a ground pass?
I also plan to see some matches on 1st July, but don't know when exactly do I have to queue up there.

spiceboy
Jun 19th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I wonder if we need to queue up overnight for a ground pass? .

NO WAY :eek:

For a ground pass on first week getting there at 6 - 6.30 will be enough to get inside before the matches start. Mind you, everyone will run towards court #3 where best matches on ground courts will be played ;)

I saw there some years ago an exciting Seles vs Testud and last year a fight of beauties Dementieva vs Benesova :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2006, 01:56 PM
NO WAY :eek:

For a ground pass on first week getting there at 6 - 6.30 will be enough to get inside before the matches start. Mind you, everyone will run towards court #3 where best matches on ground courts will be played ;)

I saw there some years ago an exciting Seles vs Testud and last year a fight of beauties Dementieva vs Benesova :bounce:

they go to Court 3 to get to the top of the stand to see the matches on Court 2 without having to pay Court 2 prices, but if you do that, you have to sit there for 90 mins without getting up :lol: or else you wont get your seat back.

there is a sly way to beat all the crowd to get there :devil:.

Cy-Cl0n3
Jun 24th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Hello again guys, I'm sorry that I come with this subject again, but it's really important for me - I'd probably go to the tournament on Monday (Maybe on Tuesday, but I don't really think so).
I would like to know the games which will be played on that day(s), and if it's possible - the courts they will be played on.
I saw the main draw page on Wimbledon's site, but it didn't really tell me much (for example, what are the "sections"?).
Answer ASAP plz, because I'm in an Internet Cafe here in London, and the time is limited.

Thank you!

Ryan
Jun 24th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Hello again guys, I'm sorry that I come with this subject again, but it's really important for me - I'd probably go to the tournament on Monday (Maybe on Tuesday, but I don't really think so).
I would like to know the games which will be played on that day(s), and if it's possible - the courts they will be played on.
I saw the main draw page on Wimbledon's site, but it didn't really tell me much (for example, what are the "sections"?).
Answer ASAP plz, because I'm in an Internet Cafe here in London, and the time is limited.

Thank you!

Check the "Schedule of Play" for Monday, which will tell you who is playing on each court, and when. It probably won't be posted on the Wimbledon site until sometime tomorrow though. Good luck.