PDA

View Full Version : Question about travelling in Vancouver/staying in hostels there

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jun 18th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I'm planning to spend a week in Vancouver the first week in August. The only thing I really know to do in the way of sightseeing is to check out Stanley Park and that Chinatown has some absolutely gorgeous views of the mountains. Beyond that, not too sure of what to check out. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I may not be able to convince anyone to tag along for this trip because of the cost issue, so I might be going by myself. I've been to Europe and South America before, but that was with friends or on school trips. I've never travelled anywhere this far away alone. The obvious choice is to check into a hostel for this situation, but is it easy to meet people in these hostels? I have this worry that I'm going to get there and the hostel is going to be near empty or people are just there to check out the nightlife and that's it. So how easy is it to meet people and do the touristy thing with them at youth hostels?

Thanks in advance :)